Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Prof Weird

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : normal
"Talkative aren't you?" she asked the talking intruder, even slightly muffled by the mask the sarcasm in Agent Owl's voice was apparent. Agent Owl then did the one thing that could tip this in her favor...

"Codeword: Postal Service," she activated the alarm.
"Well, being talkative helps keep the brave heroes' attention focused on me, instead of where it should be." she stated with a shrug, "As you almost found out the hard way."

She looked to the shattered remains of the flash drive. "My employers really wanted that data. Oh well - I have other, less pleasant ways of getting it if I have to."

She turned to the monk. "There is no further reason for us to be here. For now. Best leave before this room becomes crowded with posturing do-gooders."

With one flap of her wings, she propels herself towards the door.
Attacking the inanimate door, figuring it won't open for her now that the alarm has been sounded.
Standard attack vs DC10_: 1D20+9 = [7]+9 = 16 - good thing I'm using up all my bad rolls !

Claw damage + bonus for striking inanimate = a DC31 Toughness check for the door.
Camus

Guardians HQ

Post by Camus »

The alarm stats screeching through the complex at Owl's command. With the destruction of the drive done, Agent Owl can take a moment to look at the second intruder. He is probably Tibetan, both by his accent and by his appearance. His head is shaved clean, he has a lean and skinny complexity, his muscle structure is not so evident. He dresses in a simple orange robe, and has a wooden necklace of praying beads. As she takes in the details, the winged intruder swoops to the door and slashes it with her claws. Whatever her claws are made of, they seem to be harder than steel, as it penetrates the door with ease. However the size of the breach is not enough for either of the intruders to escape through.
The bald and skinny man nods to Alecto, and quickly and deftly moves besides her and delivers a powerful kick to the door with his bare feet, which finishes the job. Both wings of the door collapse to the floor. He drops a small device and then moves out of sight.

OOC: The door failed by two degrees against Alecto's attack, and then by three degrees against the monk's attack. With move by action he moves to the door, attacks, drops something and then moves away through the breach.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Council Chambers

Post by Camus »

The talk about the Incursion to the councilman's house is interrupted by the Guardian's cellphones flashing and ringing. The intruder alarm has been triggered in the Guardian's HQ! Nicholas knows what that means very well. "Go, we'll talk later! Go!"

Action Music!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

NIGHTSTAR
Mar'i Grayson
HP: 1 ; LP: 1 Condition: frustrated

A sonic boom shakes the buildings as Nightstar burst into hyper-flight. Even at half speed Mar'i is 2 miles away in the span of three heart beats ...

Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Normal

Prof Weird wrote:"Well, being talkative helps keep the brave heroes' attention focused on me, instead of where it should be." she stated with a shrug, "As you almost found out the hard way."
"Except it didn't work," Agent Owl pointed out matter of factly; in fact even had Agent Owl not already noticed the flash drive, only deciding to destroy it once the odds were confirmed against her, this intruder's choice of words would have actually pointed out the existence of that drive to Agent Owl, but hell if Agent Owl was going to waste her breath explaining that to someone who sounds prone to tripping over her own ego.

Then the intruders took a shot at the door! Ego or not they were both dangerous! Agent Owl quickly pulled out another bola to throw at the talkative intruder, unfortunately this one also went wide like the last one, still it at least. As Agent Owl made for the hole in the door she began counting down when the talkative intruder would begin taunting...

OOC
------------
Standard Action: All-out attack 2, power attack 3 on bola throw. For a nat 1...

Result of Standard Action: Agent Owl's dodge & parry are at -2 this round. Nat 1's auto-miss so nothing else.

Move Action: Move to the hole in the door, through it if possible. I did try to roll athletics for a ground speed boost but like everything else I've rolled so far in this game... bah! Not happening.
------------
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : amused

"You sure about that ?" Alecto asked with a smirk as she watched yet another bolas spin harmlessly through the air, "I've found the foolish often mistake confidence for ego.

This misperception often leads them to doing foolish things - like presuming that they are gaining some sort of special insight by conversing.

Or getting within striking range of someone that can claw through steel !"
as she takes a swipe at the intrepid Agent Owl ...
Accurate attack for 2_: 1D20+11 = [13]+11 = 24 That should connect for a DC24 Toughness check.
After slashing out at Agent Owl, Alecto takes the opportunity to leave.

"Let's see - the rest of the team should be arriving momentarily, having been summoned by the alarm.
They see injured teammate in room.
All enter room to help, or find out what happened.
Device goes off.
Hilarity ensues !"
Flynnarrel

Re: Council Chambers

Post by Flynnarrel »

Camus wrote:The talk about the Incursion to the councilman's house is interrupted by the Guardian's cellphones flashing and ringing. The intruder alarm has been triggered in the Guardian's HQ! Nicholas knows what that means very well. "Go, we'll talk later! Go!"

Action Music!
Starfish jumps to her feet and follows Nightstar's glowing contrail out the window. There's a moment of weightlessness before water from the fountain below rises up to catch and support her feet and continuing to rise and accelerate her lithe form into the air.

Before leaving she connects to Grit. Before she loses track of Nightstar completely she opens a connection to the young girl's mind.

She doesn't head for the headquarters directly but bee-lines for the water. She'll dive in and make her way into the hidden dock area into the secret base.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Camus

Guardians HQ

Post by Camus »

Nightstar reaches the Front door the Guardian's HQ in almost blink. She gives her identification code, waits for the computer reply and continues inside the building. She quickly moves towards the lab in time to see a winged woman and a Buddhist monk disappear behind the door of the armoury. The lab door lies broken in the floor, before a slightly injured Agent Owl. Both hear an otherworldly sound coming from the other side of the armoury door as soon as it closes... And a beep from the device that was thrown to the floor by the monk.

Starfish quickly dives underwater and swims at full speed, the dock area will soon be within reach.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 1
Condition: 1 bruise, dazed >> 1 bruise

Not so much ego, just taking a risky gamble that didn't pay off as it turned out; Agent Owl managed to twist away from the blow enough to where the claws barely got past her armor to scratch her, but the maneuver to reduce the damage did put Agent Owl off her balance. Agent Owl only regained her footing in time to either go after the thieves, or take care of the device that just bleeped.

Thankfully backup arrived.

"After them!!!" she shouted toward Nightstar, "Watch out for illusions!!!" she added as she ducked down to handle the device.

OOC
------------
Move Action: Dazed this round so not happening.

Standard Action: Routine technology with skill master for a 25 to disable this.
------------
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Nightstar reflexively reacts to Agent Owl's orders. No matter how good or fast they are they couldn't out run her in or around her own headquarters.
Camus

The mysterious device

Post by Camus »

Agent Owl has identified the thing as an explosive device of some sort, or perhaps an EMP. It has complicated and compact circuitry she has not seen before, and cable colour codes is a thing whoever crafted this contraption never heard about. There is a simple led display with five red leds. One has turned off. Additionally, as she removes one of the cover cases of the device, she discovers a wired block of black stone which emits a strange hue of light around it. Owl doesn't see any other explosive material, like plastic explosives, or an electromagnetic discharger, so it would seem evident that the black stone is the explosive, whatever this material is.

The first technology check has revealed this information, and access to the core of the device. An Expertise on Arcane knowledge would be necessary to identify the stone, or someone could use Contacts or Connected to get that information from a person in your network, which would require a Gather Information (DC 17) or persuasion check (DC 18).
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 1 bruise

Good to know at least one member of the powered team members trusts the "normal human" to look after themselves, especially when time is running. Agent Owl observed the device and the stone in the middle while using her free hand to pull out her costumed identity's smart phone, a phone in no way connected to her public identity. "Agent Owl here C5," she video-phoned the device, "If anyone can tell me what this is you can. What do you mean how soo-NOW!" as informed as C5 is the guy sure could be slow on the uptake.

OOC
------------
Everything's already in the OOC.
------------
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Pulling up before the door Nighstar channels her starborn strength before slamming her fist into it with a blow of Kryptonian levels.
Camus wrote:I am assuming Nightstar will want to get through the door. She will find out that, as with the lab door, it won't react to her command. Someone will have to disable the blockade or punch through the door.
http://orokos.com/roll/476912
Required using a LP for a reroll but 2 + 1d20 = 19 to hit door
Power Attack plus inanimate critical bonus = DC 36 for door
Camus

Guardians HQ

Post by Camus »

"Aldright aldright, no need to git all serdityy comrade... Just give me a second... " the Russian said over the phone. You can hear bits of out loud thoughts from your side, as a drop of cold sweat rolls from beneath your mask to your cheek. You start to grip the phone tighter when C5 speaks up again. "Pozdravleniya dorogiye!" he said "You jave come across a very interesting artifact indeed, experts call it "rahasyamay" gemstone. I'll save de historical details fir later dah? It is an arcane energy condenser. It stores up spells, if you will. It is contained by a constant energy input, and vhen energy runs out it releases whatever nastiness it jas stored inside. I'm sending you the technical specifications now. I would advise caution, last time I checked you were not very versed in magiya" he chuckles, and cuts the communication. As he does, the second led turns black.

Nightstar propels herself forth and slams the door. The blow is so brutal the entire edifice shakes. The reinforced steel bends like cardboard under the force of the impact, leaving a big hole through which Nightstar can move into the armoury. Quickly looking inside, nothing can be seen. The noise seems to have subsided the moment the door was smacked down, and there appears to be no trace of the intruders...
Starfish emerges through the docking area beneath the main floor. She heard a loud impact on the floor directly above her.

OOC:
Hero pointing the gather intel checks achieves one more success. With the information granted by C5 Agent Owl knows the stone has some sort of spell stored inside and it will release it when time runs out or she cuts the energy feed wires, which make disabling it a feat of heroic proportions (DC 30). You can try to identify this spell in order to effectively dispose of it (which would require of an arcane related skill) or find an alternate way to neutralize the threat. you have three more turns.
The Door got a 18 and is destroyed. Nightstar can roll and insight check now tht she has been warned by Agent Owl
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nintendogeek01

Re: Guardians HQ

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 1 bruise

Camus wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:57 pm "You jave come across a very interesting artifact indeed, experts call it "rahasyamay" gemstone. I'll save de historical details fir later dah? It is an arcane energy condenser. It stores up spells, if you will. It is contained by a constant energy input, and vhen energy runs out it releases whatever nastiness it jas stored inside. I'm sending you the technical specifications now."
"Excellent," Agent Owl stood up and immediately made for one of the work benches.
Camus wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:57 pm"I would advise caution, last time I checked you were not very versed in magiya" he chuckles, and cuts the communication. As he does, the second led turns black.
"Maybe not," Agent Owl remarked to no one since the feed was cut and she immediately set to hook up the device to a power supply that should give it a fairly constant source of energy, long enough for Agent Owl to have the time she needs, "Doesn't always mean I don't know what I'm doing though."

OOC
------------
Move Action: Move to adequate location in the lab to do the following standard action.

Standard Action: Skill mastery 25 on technology to not disable it per se, but feed it some more energy.
------------