Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Prof Weird

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued

"Hmm - seems Yamamoto was NOT lying - there was a grave threat !" Elene/Alecto noted to herself, "And what a threat it is ! A Chronosphere ?!
A bunch of disrespectful foreigners found an ancient Greek device that predates the Olympian gods ?!"

She was a bit cross at the moment - back when she worked for the Greek government, a Chronosphere would be classed as a 'Deity-Level' threat. It would have been dismantled into several pieces, the pieces hidden in at least six secure vaults, and the location of each hand written on a card to be shuffled into obscure filing cabinets in at three separate organizations (to foil any computer gurus). Only the three highest-ranked people in her division would be privy to all the data.

And she certainly did not want that device activated when it could affect her as well.

"Time to call in the reinforcements - witting, willing and otherwise ... !" she smirked as her astral form looked for the Guardians. Specifically, Agent Owl.

"Hello koukouvágia* !"
she announced mentally inside Agent Owl's head, "I gather Yamamoto informed your group the monks had a doomsday weapon. They do - an artifact that predates the Olympian gods, known as a Chronosphere. Built by the titan Chronos to punish those that offended him, it stops time in an area. It is in the Fist of Buddha's room, at the end of the hall. There were four monks in the hallway - I'll try to clear some of them out.

For some reason, the device seems to be arming itself."

With her message delivered, she returned to her body and called in Red Rocket, with the simple message to return to the monk's base, and to blast any monks if he sees any on the way there.

"I should be able to take down a few of these guys ..." she plotted, "And I have an ace in the hole I can summon if things get too complicated."
She's just going to smack down any monk she sees between the artifact and the entrance.
* koukouvágia = Greek word for 'owl'
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 1 bruise

Prof Weird wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:40 am
"Hello koukouvágia* !"
she announced mentally inside Agent Owl's head.
What the-this voice. Oh great... the talkative attacker from earlier today. And she's a telepath too! Even %#$&-ing better...

Agent Owl was about to mentally recite the pages of the Conflux City law book she had memorized just for these situations when the next thing Alecto had to say gave her pause.
Prof Weird wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:40 am"I gather Yamamoto informed your group the monks had a doomsday weapon. They do - an artifact that predates the Olympian gods, known as a Chronosphere. Built by the titan Chronos to punish those that offended him, it stops time in an area. It is in the Fist of Buddha's room, at the end of the hall. There were four monks in the hallway - I'll try to clear some of them out.

For some reason, the device seems to be arming itself."
"This needs to be stopped," was at the forefront of Agent Owl's thoughts. A device that can stop time!? No one should have that much power, and furthermore Yamamoto DID know more about this assignment than she told them! Yamamoto has a lot to answer for when this assignment is finished, but right now the Chronosphere takes priority.

KABOOM
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Myra felt Pru's touch and steeled herself for the gut-wrenching sensation of dimensional movement. Then all of sudden the monks were running toward the two of them. Myra didn't know how sound-proofed the building was. If the monks could call out for reinforcements then that would be just as bad as letting them get to the building. Myra summoned as much water as she could and erected a hard water barrier over the front of the building. It would both bar entry and egress, and dampen sound that might ensue. Only when it was in place did she face their attackers once again.

"Rethink your life choices." She intones. "Surrender!" She tried to keep the waver that exhaustion and bruised ribs threatened to put there.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Camus

Into the belly of the beast

Post by Camus »

The explosive send two of the monks flying away, hitting the brick wall to their sides. Then a giant blub of water let the monks isolated from their contracts. Realization comes to their features they knee before you, hands in the air. "We give up!" They both exclaim. Agent Owl enters the building, followed closely by Starfish. They are both cautious as to what to find. The warehouse appears empty, but the sensors in Nina's mask pick up the heat signature of footsteps leading underneath a huge piece of machinery. Using her superior might, Starfish is able to move it aside, revealing a staircase that descends into the darkness. Both heroines walk down the stairs, to find a system of tunnels excavated out of the rock, leading to multiple chambers. Knowing their way in this dark and damp place was tricky, and by sheer chance, as they walk around a turn, they bump into Alecto! She had decided to leave her hiding spot and was heading to the chronosphere room.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Not having been informed that Alecto was anything but a mortal enemy associated with the group that kidnapped two of her team, Starfish immediately adopted a defensive stance. Her bruised ribs and battle fatigue would give the Greek Villian an advantage but there were two Guardians. (Myra regretted Pru's choice to bring the monk's to incarceration then go off to talk to Yamamamoto, but it couldn't be helped).

He waited to counter the foe's opening gambit.
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

With the monks taken care of that left the Guardians free to enter the hideout. Prudence finally agreed to get the monks, including Fist of Buddha, to containment. Though Agent Owl wasn't pleased when she voice her intent to talk to Yamamoto with or without her or Starfish there, Agent Owl couldn't stop her, and it certainly wasn't worth wasting time arguing, not if the talkative saboteur's telepathic message was accurate.

Since it was just her and Starfish making their way into the base Agent Owl decided to bring her teammate up-to-speed, "The situation may be worse than either of us knew," she started as she scanned the dark hallways for signs of passages with her mask's goggles, "I received a telepathic message warning me that they may have some device that can stop time, I don't really trust the source, but either way we have a lead on where to find Heaven's Treasure's leader, or..." and that's when she and Starfish rounded a corner to see the source of the message, "... the source," speak of the Devil and behold! There they are.

Starfish had already taken a defensive stance, and immediately after Agent Owl whipped out a number of Owl Talons and assumed a stance that showed an intent to use them. "Take a single step, or make anything in our surroundings change, and we bring you in the hard way," Agent Owl warned.

"Now I want you to look right at us and say it out loud. Was what you messaged me with the truth?"
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto
Condition :fatigued, bemused

Elene/Alecto took one look at the Guardians before her, and noted their stances - and snorted in amusement.

"Perhaps later." she stated as she turned to look directly at them, "But we have more pressing concerns at the moment.

What I mentally sent to you koukouvágia was the truth. When I tried to 'deal with' Yamamoto earlier today, she told me the Fist of Buddha had some sort of doomsday device ready to go.

I wasn't sure whether to believe her or not, so I returned here to check her story. If she was lying, I'd go after her again later; if she was telling the truth, I'd go after the monks. Either way, SOMEONE was getting smacked around !

Turns out she was telling the truth - the monks have assembled an actual Chronosphere !"
she continued, conjuring up an image of the device with her Illusion power (Projected Display feature) , "It takes up most of their leader's quarters. There's one monk in there with it - I suspect he may have some mystical abilities. When I scouted out the area astrally, he was able to detect my presence."

Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

Agent Owl listened to and watched the saboteur carefully as she answered; as far as the masked crime-fighter could tell the would-be assassin was telling the truth, though half of what she said didn't do her any favors.

She leaned in closer to Starfish's ear to whisper, "We should keep an eye on her, but I suggest we have her lead the way to this Chronosphere."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Starfish
HP:0 LP:0
CND: -3 Toughness, Fatigue

Starfish, as tired and as battered as she was knew she was in no shape to fight another like the Fist of Buddha (an anathema if her studies into the peaceable surface religion was accurate), but she had sworn to protect this city and having a 'chronosphere', whatever that was, around sounded bad.

"Okay, let's go." she said trying not to wince as she started off in the direction indicated. "What can you tell us of this chronosphere?" she asked their enemy-now-untrusted-ally.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto
"Okay, let's go." she said trying not to wince as she started off in the direction indicated. "What can you tell us of this chronosphere?" she asked their enemy-now-untrusted-ally.
"Quite a bit actually." Alecto replied, "It was crafted by the father of Zeus, the titan Chronos. The personification of time itself. The chronosphere stops time over an area. How big of an area, I don't know. Could be just this island. Maybe more, maybe less. I'd have to study it to figure that out.

The only thing worse than the chronosphere working properly would be the chronosphere NOT working properly - this is some major league power the monks are fooling with ! After all, it took Zeus and all the Olympian gods combined over TEN YEARS to defeat Chronos and his fellow titans."
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl
Condition: Normal

"That's why we shut it down now," Agent Owl replied, stern as usual but the urgency was still clear, "Lead us to it, we've not a moment to lose."
Camus

Into the belly of the beast

Post by Camus »

The two of heroines follow their unlikely new ally in the dark labyrinth that is the monks lair. Suddenly the whole place starts to rumble and shake. You don't need to ask questions as the answer is obvious, you have little time. Alecto tells you that around the corner is the entrance to the leader's room. Peeking, you see no guard standing at the door. The reverberating of the ancient device is palpable now you are close to it.
How will our heroes approach the unavoidable confrontation??
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"I regret that I won't be able to withstand blows very long in a melee confrontation." Myra says, hating to admit weakness in front of someone who would gladly kill them. "Especially if this monk is anything like the other."
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl
Condition: Normal

"Then limit his movements," Agent Owl suggested, "Make cover, block his line of sight, restrain him, whatever you have to do. We don't know what he's capable of so I don't have a plan yet, we need to figure him out and take him down fast though, we're running out of time," Agent Owl said as she clutched some smoke bombs in her hand.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto

Elene mused for a moment. "The easiest way to find out what someone is capable of is to force them to act. I can go in and yell at him for a bit, maybe keep his attention fixed on me - very few things keep you focused on defense better than an angry Fury attacking you. I'm pretty tough, rather strong, and not currently injured.

Plus I'm rather well versed in magic, so I may be able to get a good idea of what they've been up to in there."