Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel »

Starfish
CND: Fatigued, Staggered, -3 Toughness (though I think I'm at -5)
HP: HA! Haven't seen one of these in months.

"Grit, hold him, Nightstar, Cross The Streams." Myra says waving her hands as a spiral of water geysers up. Nightstar will shoot her beam of light, not at their foe, but at the directed lance of spiraling water super-heating the liquid as it drills for the old man's side.
grit All out5 grapple hit: 1D20+8+5 = [7]+8+5 = 20

grit strength: 1D20+12 = [17]+12 = 29
DC to grapple, Grit wins ties.

Team attack, Nightstar supporting Starfish's attack.
Nightstar's, All out team attack
all out 5 team attack: 1D20+8+5 = [15]+8+5 = 28
another +2 DC or is it +5 DC for being so high?

Starfish's main water spray attack
Water: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24

Toughness DC25, +2DC if hit by 5 or more, +5DC if hit by 10 or more (maybe with Grit's grapple), +2 or +5 DC with Nightstar's assist.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto
HP : 0
Condition -2 Tou, Exhausted

Elene wisely kept out of the way as the Guardians used some team attacks against The Hand.

Figuring he'd been softened up enough, she tried to restrain him with her Etheric Chains - he shouldn't be much of a threat if he's bound.
(plus he's easier to pound on when he's tied up)
Etheric Chains (Cumulative Affliction 11 : Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobile and Defenseless; Dodge to avoid, Damage or Sleight to resist), Extended Reach 4, Accurate, Affects Insubstantial 1 (half effect).

All-Out 2 to cancel exhaustion's "-2 to all checks" effect (+9 to hit) : _: 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23 - if that manages to connect, he rolls Dodge vs DC21 to avoid being Afflicted.
BTW - Nightstar's Aid attack beats DC10 by 18. 4 ranks, so Starfish gets +5
Camus

Final Combat!

Post by Camus »

Hand of Buddha braced for the incoming attack, shifting his stance and breeding deeply. The old man tried to dodge away from the talons that arched towards him, but didn't manage to move quick enough, and the razor sharp weapons sink in his shoulder. His face contorted with pain just as a pair of bolas circled around his feet, Agent Owl was relentless. He was about to say something when Grit appeared from behind, and seizing the chance, he grabbed the monk firmly. "What? When did you..." he manage to say before starting to fight off Grit. Struggle as he might, Hand of Buddha was unable to shake off the most strong of all the guardians. And now pinned down, he was unable to escape the combined assault of Myra and Nightstar. "No! This is not the en..." The superheated drill of water slammed in his chest squarely, interrupting him! "NGHH!" he exclaimed, before he and Grit were thrown against the wall of the room. Grit managed to get out of the way, letting Hand of Buddha to slam against the wall.
As the water evaporated, you could see his outline in between the mist, falling to his knees, and then slamming against the floor. He was down for good. Alecto found herself with her magical chains in her hands, but no enemy to use them on.

As the dust settled down, the panting of the heroes and the humming of the chronosphere was all that could be heard. That, and the tension between the Fury and the Guardians...
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto
HP : 0
Condition : -2 Tou; exhausted

Elene looked back and forth between the various Guardians as she leaned against a wall. Her wings were drooped, nearly dragging on the ground, and the serpents of her hair were so tired they could barely lift their heads.

"Well, THIS could be a problem !"
she mused to herself, "It's now four against me. I'm exhausted, and the two Guardians that hate me most are the freshest fighters !"

She coughed a few times before stating "Now, I know most of you have plenty of reason to hate me, and want to beat me senseless and drag me off to prison. But - " she said, raising her hand in a 'stop' gesture, " - I am not the biggest threat here.

The Hand wasn't the biggest threat here."
she continued with a gesture towards the fallen monk, "THAT is the biggest threat !" she finished with a gesture towards the now humming chronosphere.

"Now, unless one of you is well practiced in magic and how to control it, perhaps we should postpone the 'beat up the villain' bit for today so I can try to shut the chronosphere down.

I may be evil, but I am not stupid !"
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 3 Bruise

Agent Owl smiled under her mask as the rest of the team quickly brought down the Hand. Now with him out that leaves...
Prof Weird wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:47 amShe coughed a few times before stating "Now, I know most of you have plenty of reason to hate me, and want to beat me senseless and drag me off to prison. But - " she said, raising her hand in a 'stop' gesture, " - I am not the biggest threat here.

The Hand wasn't the biggest threat here."
she continued with a gesture towards the fallen monk, "THAT is the biggest threat !" she finished with a gesture towards the now humming chronosphere.

"Now, unless one of you is well practiced in magic and how to control it, perhaps we should postpone the 'beat up the villain' bit for today so I can try to shut the chronosphere down.

I may be evil, but I am not stupid !"
Oh for God's sake.

"If you're done talking..." Agent Owl said while using her thumb to point at the Chronosphere before turning to move to the device.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"We'll deal with the threat to the city first, but you're under arrest and will answer for your crimes. Any assistance will likely earn you leniency." Myra says out of her depth in the magic part of things. Her water magic was innate and the knowledge wasn't very transferable to the much grander world of thaumaturgy.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto

Elene barely suppressed a laugh at Starfish's presumption.

"If I don't get out on my own, the Director might arrange my 'escape' the moment things go pear-shaped for the Guardians !"

She examined the chronosphere a bit before asking "Very well then. I assume one of you has the last piece to this device ?"
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

"It's hidden," Agent Owl replies. The self-proclaimed villainess did not need to know the details.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto

Elene sighed, then turned to walk to the door to leave.

"Fine. Be that way !" she declared over her shoulder with a dismissive wave, "I really don't have time to get into a pissing contest.

Especially with someone willing to risk the lives of her teammates and everyone on this island just to engage in one.

What would you have me do to earn the right to DEACTIVATE THE CHRONOSPHERE, most imperious one ?

Drop to my knees, kiss your rump, tell you you're wonderful, and hope you ALLOW me to deactivate the threat ticking away in this very room ?"

She's going to look around for the last piece of the chronosphere - if Agent Owl wants to be an obstruction, she can do it on her own time.

Which, I suspect, is rapidly running out ...

Perception check _: 1D20+8-2 = [14]+8-2 = 20
- fairly good chance of spotting that device. Unless its buried under debris when The Hand's area attack destroyed The Owl's drone ....
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

As stressful as the situation has been this far it didn't take a shrink to tell that Agent Owl's nerves were fraying.
"For someone who talks so much you certainly don't communicate," Agent Owl replies "If you needed it for the purpose of deactivating the damn thing just say so and stop leaving us to guess your, proven suspect, motives!"

"So do you need it or not!?"
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto

"And you are too busy listening for lies and imagining deceptions that you don't hear what others actually say !"
Elene snapped back,
"OF COURSE I NEED THE FRECKING THING ! WHY ELSE WOULD I ASK FOR IT after offering to shut the chronosphere down ?!

What OTHER use would anyone have for the last piece of a chronosphere THAT IS ABOUT TO DETONATE a few yards away from them ?!

The only thing I'm planning is shutting that thing off and dismantling it."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Someone should switch to decaf." Myra mutters. Noting that the villaness never asked for it, only asked if the guardians were in possession of it.

"Nightstar, you are the fastest of us here. Owl can give you the coordinates and you can zip over to retrieve the device piece. Please."
Camus

Post by Camus »

Just as Myra asks Nightstar for help, the Screech Owl descends amidst the heroes, cutting the discussion short with the sound of the turbine. Agent Owl's cape flutters by the strong gust of wind.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

A part of Agent Owl was glad that Starfish interrupted; she was about to snap back at the talkative supervillain, her habit of launching into a tirade before actually saying anything of substance was wearing thin; but no, further conversation would only encourage her.
Camus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:23 am Just as Myra asks Nightstar for help, the Screech Owl descends amidst the heroes, cutting the discussion short with the sound of the turbine. Agent Owl's cape flutters by the strong gust of wind.
"There's your coordinates," Agent Owl says as she quickly jumps into the cockpit and retrieves the relic, "Now let's put an end to this," Agent Owl adds, holding out the relic, and getting ready to follow the villainess; temporary alliance or not, Agent Owl was not letting her out of sight, and besides, even if magic isn't her strong-suit there may be some way she can help shut this damn thing off and put an end to this nonsense.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto

Alecto takes the offered relic.

"Thank you. I just hope it's not too late." Alecto stated before walking over to examine the chronosphere.

"And my skills are advanced enough to understand something this powerful and ancient !" she fretted to herself.
Guessing an Expertise (Magic) needed here _: 1D20+10-2 = [6]+10-2 = 14
- not as bad as I was expecting, but will have to do (no HPs, exhausted so can't use Extra Effort without knocking myself out !)