Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Conflux City Guardians

Post by Camus »

The weather at this time of the year in Conflux city is fair, not much clouds and the ever-present fresh marine breeze removes the excess heat from the sun quickly.
Today, the Council has summoned you all to the Council Chambers, the central building in the Governance Square. You enter the building, and are led by Nichoals. Nicholas is a young man, with blonde hair and blue eyes. He sports a big beard and speaks in heavily accented English. You’ve come to appreciate the clerk’s humor, and laugh at his silly jokes, as he leads you to a familiar and spacious room, semicircular in shape. There are chairs lined up in the curve line, with windows behind them. You can see most of Conflux City from the windows. Occupying the straight wall is an elevated platform with high desks and five chairs behind them. They are unoccupied at the moment, the councilmen and councilwomen are on their way.
The room inspires respect in all of you, and as you exchange silent gazes, you memory flashes back at the time you all met....

5 years ago...

The chambers of the Council were quite more scaring back then. Each of you had been contacted by different means and persuaded to join this ambitious project. You had not much idea of what to expect at first, simply a vague idea in your mind. Each of you were led by the recruiting clerks to the chamber, and shown to your seats. Curiously you looked at each other but the same ominously presence in the chambers that you feel today, plus the fact that you didn’t actually knew nothing about the others kept you from interacting. Soon the five figures of Conflux City Councilmen took seat before you.
“Greetings” said one of them in an Indian accented english, as he stood up. “My name is Rahamandi Shamapki, I am the council spokesman. You five have been recruited as you know, for the purpose of defending our fair city from possible threats that might arise in the future. For now our home is in its infancy, but as infrastructure develops and inversion floods in, there will certainly be outside influences and powers that will attempt against the peace and harmony of our shared dreams.” He looks at each of you, straight in the eye. “You will be the shield that protects the innocent citizens of this city against such threats, from outsiders or insiders. Humans are such that evildoers will surely emerge among our midst and will also attempt to gain from sawing chaos and discord.” The indian man sat down, and an oriental woman stood up in his place. “I am Yamamoto Yuka, I am in charge of security in this city. You will answer directly to me, and it is I who will report on your activities to the Council. I will assign you your missions and tasks, and will be in charge of your training. You will be trained in our security facilities for now, until a base of operations for your team is built. Training will begin immediately; follow the Nicholas to the transportation vehicle that will take you to the training facilities. You are dismissed.” The harshness on the woman’s voice is a hard contrast compared to Rahamandi’s sweet and mellow voice. Nichoals, at that time serious and quite more businesslike, leads you out of the room, and leaves you in a waiting room for the transport. You recall that time with certain warmth, as it was the day you and the others made acquaintances, before starting the training that would turn you into Conflux City Guardians.
The first to break the ice was....
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel »

Myra'la

5 years ago
Hope you don't mind if I establish some NPCs
Myra was in awe at the grandeur of the newly completed city. She'd already seen it from below - she'd been part of the Atlantean supplemental crew that helped sink the massive columns the many miles to the oceanic bedrock. Her Atlantean crew lead, Kor'al Rin, would also be head of the council she made her quarterly reports to. He was a pragmatic Atlantean of middling years. He had no magic unless you counted a staggering understanding of hydrodynamics and underwater engineering and his place in the government commanded respect.

Myra was just coming from meeting the human scientific team tasked with monitoring and maintaining the infrastructure of the island. Jaqueline Stewart spoke with such a heavy French accent that Myra questioned her own training in the Human language of English. 'Jackie', as she preferred to be called, was a well-respected botanist and marine biologist by trade before being approached by the U.N. with this monumental and historic task. Her husband Marcus Stewart, an Italian geologist, assists her. Myra liked their robust and flamboyant natures and they both seemed highly competent. It was Jackie that uttered the phrase "Aren't you a little Starfish." Myra liked the term.

And here she was meeting a whole new group of people for her other assigned task - Island security. She was told there was a normal police force, outfitted well, to handle the day-to-day peace keeping but she was to be part of an elite team that would be called to address emergency situations the police couldn't handle. She hoped her own magic was up to the task.

As she looked to the assembled group her science-trained mind put them in to different categories and classifications. Four presented as female, one, male. One did not show her face. There was an etheric quality to one that made Myra suspect she was not entirely terrestrial and another wore a Kryptonian symbol. So, including herself, there were likely three non-humans as part of the elite group to protect the seat of a human governing body, potentially four if the one who did not show her face was doing so for environmental reasons. Ultimately, the disposition of her team didn't matter to Myra, she was happy to be here and excited about the prospects. She hoped it showed in the warm smile she gave to everyone, including their guide, Nicolas.

"Hello everyone. I am Myra of Atlantis. I look forward to working with you all."

NPCs:
Kor'al Rin - Atlantean Government official (Civil/structural Engineer). Will head up the Council that Myra reports to.
Jackie Stewart - French woman in charge of collection of scientists that monitor and maintain the ecology of Conflux City. Married to an Italian geologist, Marcus Stewart.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MetaShaman

Post by MetaShaman »

Grit - HP: 1
Condition: Unsure of Location

5 Years Ago...

He stepped into the meeting room, and waited for the remaining faces to arrive. He sized up each one, but he couldn't help but notice a single pattern. 'T-They're all chicks...' he thought to himself, his face expressing uncertainty. He wasn't sexist, but he was pretty sure he was supposed to be in the room for the super team... not the women's changing room.

The meeting began anyways, and set his worries to rest. It just so happened that the best of the applicants were himself and four young ladies. Everything in the meeting had his full attention, from their goals to the fact that training was beginning immediately. He straightened his posture and began following. One young lady broke the ice with a name drop. He responded briefly: "...Jonathan Lucas. But the civvies'll call me Grit. May have seen and article or two in the tabloids, but pay them no mind."
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

5 years ago...

Agent Owl had been to the island a few times as Mina Morgan, to visit the island itself, look at the buildings she invested in, etc. But this was the first time she'd been inside this building. It was in the waiting room before being called to council that Agent Owl looked at the others through the uncanny owl mask she concealed her face behind. These were whom she'd be partners with. Owl mentally reviewed what she knew about them from different sources as she looked over them. Interesting that there only a single male of this bunch. Ah well, it's almost superficial anyways. Agent Owl would need to know a lot more about them going down the road.

After the meeting with the council Agent Owl kept mental note of the names given. Yuka could potentially be trouble; Agent Owl wasn't used to directly answering to an authority figure. Agent Owl managed to sneak in the construction of her own base on the island well enough but if Owl wasn't careful to watch how much time she spends at each base Yuka might get suspicious. The time spent at the Nest was going to have to be kept to an absolute minimum until she got a feel for the team's duties. Probably only just long enough to send reports.

At the waiting room Agent Owl once more cast observing gazes over the team. Based on what second or third-hand knowledge she had she didn't think it likely that any of them were an intentional danger, still... Batman warned her to watch out for any potential danger here, and she had to be thorough. She'd watch them all closely, for their own protection as well. Ah, the Atlantean and... Grif introduced themselves.

She gave a slow nod of acknowledgement to the others who introduced themselves. "I am Agent Owl."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

NIGHTSTAR
Mar'i Grayson
HP: 1 ; LP: 1 Condition: exuberant

Leaping into the air from her seat, it is easy to see the frolicsome teen of Tamaran is more comfortable aloft than bound to the ground.
" ... and me, I am Nightstar, but my friends call me Mar'i. It is so good to meet you all."

The lean young teen, just beginning to blossom into the woman she will one day be, glides beside the costumed crimefighting Owl. Already taller than her estranged father, her long purple fiery hair flowing from a dark indigo to an electric violet, Mar'i could have passed for a young Amazon if not for the emerald eyes that glowed with the power of a royal born Tamaranean. Turning to her older teammate, asking innocently ...

"Agent for who?"
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Three... two... one...
StarGuard wrote:"Agent for who?"
Yep, someone asked. Agent Owl once more begins pondering whether she needs to keep a philosophy excerpt in her utility belt with her. "I picked the name based on the philosophy of agency," Agent Owl answered, "To make a choice, to affect a change, there's more to the concept and different facets but that's the simplest explanation."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

NIGHTSTAR
Mar'i Grayson

As the costumed crimefighter patiently explains to the young Nightstar, Mar'i slowly settles to the marbled chamber floor. A far away look in her emerald eyes, a look of years distant in time and space.

" ... I see ... You are well named my friend. The Owl, wise as the Okaaran Warlords who taught me not only to fight but what to fight for. I am glad to call you friend."

In a rush of emotion, sweeping the Owl up in a hug for a moment before releasing the smaller woman,a blush of embarrassment on her her cheeks. "My apology. Grampa warned me not everyone enjoys the hug of friend."
MetaShaman

Post by MetaShaman »

Condition: Pondering

Agent Owl and Nightstar introduced themselves in that order after him, and he got some insight into the name scheme of the owl-cowled female. It was... really thoughtful and intentioned. He picked Grit because it sounded tough, like he was. That was obvious and he felt kind of dumb for it.

He wondered why Nightstar went by that name, but then again, he wasn't one to delve this deep into personal details of those who were total strangers. Maybe later, if this whole team thing worked out as well as he'd hoped. He also had to wonder why the council picked a little girl not even two years into high school by her looks for the task of defending a new city from evil. It was new turf, which mean villains old and new would be vying for it. Did this little girl actually have what it took to play with the big kids?

He was kind of intimidated by her with deeper thought into it... Perhaps a worthy rival?
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl generally prided herself on being prepared...
StarGuard wrote:In a rush of emotion, sweeping the Owl up in a hug for a moment before releasing the smaller woman,a blush of embarrassment on her her cheeks. "My apology. Grampa warned me not everyone enjoys the hug of friend."
Having her personal space invaded in such a manner was one thing she was not prepared for. By some miracle Agent Owl managed to not utter a sound at the sudden hug before she was released. Nightstar apologized immediately after, prompting Owl to sigh and seemingly dust herself off "Apology accepted, just please don't do that again."
Jemal

Post by Jemal »

Legacy

Leonna watched the others interact, nervous at how she would be received. After a few moments she sighed and decided to get it over with. During a lul in the conversation after the awkward hug, she cleared her throat and stepped forward. She was a young woman with long hair and dressed in a blouse and jeans.

"My name is Leonna... Luther." She paused for a moment glancing around almost daring anybody to sneer, but calmed herself with a slow breath
"If we are to work together then it would be best to get any misinformation out of the way right away. Yes, I am the daughter of Lex Luthor, but no his wife was not actually my mother. What most people short of our new employers don't know yet is the identity of my Biological mother.."
She twirled around was suddenly dressed in a black super-suit of obvious kryptonian design "SuperGirl.
It's a long story, one which I may share later, but suffice to say that only recently did I discovered the truth myself and left the company of my father, who as most of you have recently discovered is not as clean-cut as he has pretended. I'm here to help in whatever way I can, and I hope that you can look past my.. 'legacy' to work with me in keeping this place safe."
MetaShaman

Post by MetaShaman »

Condition: Blasé
Jemal wrote:Legacy

"My name is Leonna... Luther." She paused for a moment glancing around almost daring anybody to sneer, but calmed herself with a slow breath
"If we are to work together then it would be best to get any misinformation out of the way right away. Yes, I am the daughter of Lex Luthor, but no his wife was not actually my mother. What most people short of our new employers don't know yet is the identity of my Biological mother.."
She twirled around was suddenly dressed in a black super-suit of obvious kryptonian design "SuperGirl.
It's a long story, one which I may share later, but suffice to say that only recently did I discovered the truth myself and left the company of my father, who as most of you have recently discovered is not as clean-cut as he has pretended. I'm here to help in whatever way I can, and I hope that you can look past my.. 'legacy' to work with me in keeping this place safe."
'A kryptonian? Like that superman guy? Damn, another powerhouse enters the fray...' he thought to himself immediately after she was done with her somewhat more lengthy introduction. Nevertheless, her 'legacy' as she called it, was apparently something she found to be defining of her. "You can't pick your family, but you can pick your friends. You can pick what you do with your life too, and if you want to spend it creating and defending this great utopia, you're alright in my books, Leonna" he'd comment in an earnest albeit somewhat altruistic mannerism.

He then proceeded to return to his thoughts on who could bench more, himself or the half-kryptonian...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Myra

"Ooh, a hug. I've read about those! I shall take one if such is offered." Myra opens her arms in Mari's direction.

[if hug occurs] "Those hugs ARE nice!"

Myra doesn't react at the mention of the name Luthor but listens to the rest of the story. "Ah, you were born out of wedlock. I'd heard that was taboo. I'm sorry for the difficulties that posed you. 'Legacy' is a good word. Perhaps consider that as a 'hero name'. I have recently been called Starfish and this moniker amuses me."
"Something pithy this way comes."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

NIGHTSTAR
Mar'i Grayson
Flynnarrel wrote:"Ooh, a hug. I've read about those! I shall take one if such is offered." Myra opens her arms in Mari's direction.
Mar'i face lights up, a strange feeling not felt since her time on Okaara, a feeling sisterhood, of warriors ready together, facing the impossible. Gathering Myra up in a flying embrace, a indigo glow surrounding the two young teammates dimming as the land beside the others.
"Those hugs ARE nice!"
"Myra, I am happy to stand with you as Sisters of Conflux, guarding the safety of our new home."
Camus

Post by Camus »

Present day...

The memories of the past that walks before your eyes wander into the past 5 years of shared hardship in the never-ending training of Yuka Yamamoto, the quick growth of Conflux city around you, and several other personal thoughts. However, the train of nostalgia quickly dissipates, as the Japanese councilwoman makes her entrance, as so many times before. Not seating, she places both hands on the desk before her and leans forward to address you. “Welcome Guardians, I called for you because I have an assignment for you. A delicate one. Properties of councilman Shamapki have been recently targeted by some strange organization operating in Conflux City. Police is at loss, even with the technology they have, they have been yet unable to identify, not to mention stop, the perpetrators. They are gone, as are the objects they were after, before the Police arrive. So far, the only objects yet to steal remain in Shamapki’s family households, on the southern part of the city. The police have mounted a perimeter around it and are guarding it day and night, but I fear it wont suffice.” She stands up again, places her hands on her back and peaces behind the empty chairs of the council. “The objects are, apparently, religious relics of Shamapki’s family. Invaluable, I a told." Yuka glances over to the Indian councilman's chair for a moment. "But I think Shamapki is hiding something about these relics. I want you to try and bypass the police security around Shamapki manor, and retrieve the last relic to bring it to me. Chaos will ensure, and if the perpetrators are watching, and I bet they are, they will use this chance to strike and steal the relic. I will assume full responsibility of this mission. Questions?”. She now stands facing you with the same hard look in her small black eyes she had the very first day.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

NIGHTSTAR
Mar'i Grayson
HP: 1 ; LP: 1 Condition: shocked

There is a small gasp from Nightstar as Yuki Yamamoto lays out her plan before the Guardians of Conflux City.
" ... You are asking us to steal from Council-member Shamapki ? I do not understand? We are to work with the police, the defenders of Conflux, This is dishonest and unworthy of Guardians."

"Why do we not just ask the Council-member to let us guard the relic in a safe location for him, then you can study it if need be? "

Shock turns slowly to anger at the feeling of Yamamoto asking the Guardians to do something so dishonorable.
Last edited by StarGuard on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.