Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel
Posts: 813
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Stop the Fist of Buddha (Agent Owl and Starfish)

Post by Flynnarrel » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:11 pm

Starfish
HP:1 LP:1->0
CND: healthy, for now.
Camus wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:09 pm
FoB Insight: 22, his defense is 20 so he dodges the talons. He attacks Starfish with his Palm of Buddha, and got a 28. This is a DC 25 Toughness damage attack with secondary effect. Agent Owl suffers the secondary effect of the first round's attack, so another toughness dc 25 save. It's Starfish and Agent Owl's turn
As the hand impacts her midsection ripples flow in concentric circles outward. Her body turning partly aqueous to absorb the impact of the blow.
Toughness: 29
She resolidifies and focuses her will on the presumably-mortal man, trying to pull water from his body.
12 luck reroll 13+10 = 23

DC25 fort Damage
"Something pithy this way comes."

Prof Weird
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:50 am

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued, normal otherwise
Yamamoto adjust her glasses, "You make a good point there. I guess no one ever thought such an extremist group would target Conflux City, or even succeed at such degree. Still, as a fellow breathing creature, I guess you get the point; if you want to keep breathing, help us out. I will have Rocked here prepare evacuation protocols. There are a number of safe bunkers throughout the city for the citizens. We are not sure if they will hold, but reduction measures need to be taken. Our Guardians team has been reduced greatly, thanks to you partly, so you could assist them, or find your own way into their base to attempt and sabotage their weapon. The choice is yours; as long as the weapon is neutralized. Now I am a very busy woman," the councilwoman said, turning to go. "The main entrance is now open for you"
Elene thought for a moment - either Yamamoto was REALLY great at lying, or she was telling the truth.

If she was lying, it would take little effort to verify her story, and deal with her later. If she was telling the truth, it would take little effort to verify her story, and deal with the monks.

Either way, the best course of action was to investigate the temple, and decide WHO to punish later.

"Given my history with your Guardians team, it may take longer to convince them to help me than it would to neutralize the weapon." she finally stated, "I will visit the temple and see what is going on. If there is a weapon there as you claim, all I'd need do is tell your Guardians where I am; I suspect they'll make record time to get there to 'deal with' me."

Taking her cue to leave, Elene activated her full powers, and flew out over the island, staying low.

User avatar
MissRo
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 am
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by MissRo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:37 pm

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins
HP: 1 - LP: 0 - Staus: Normal


Prudence hesitated. The thought of her children possibly being in danger sent her into a near panic, but Myra and Owl were definitely in danger and she'd made a commitment to them.

"No, no, everything's fine," she said. "Just popping in to say I might be late getting home, so feel free to order some take away. I love you, be good for Sam."

With that she checked her phone and 'ported herself to the place that Starfish had described to her.

OOC: Will I roll initiative?
"In times of crisis, it is of utmost importance not to lose one's head." - M. Antoinette

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Stop Fist of Buddha! (Starfish, Agent Owl, Pru)

Post by Camus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:15 pm

Te bolas strike true, swirling around the monk's legs. He stops moving the moment he notices the weapon coiled around his legs, and with a quick motion of his feet, he snaps the wire. The concentration it took to do that left him open for Starfish attack. Not entirely knowing how to defend himself from such an attack, he simply grits his teeth as water starts to leave his body, producing a fine mist around him that swirls in the air and seems to be pulled around Starfish, forming a ring of water vapour that now orbits her. Fist of Buddha seems to be ready to retort with another attack, when Pru teleports in, distracting his focus. His disorientation is short lived, as he shifts his stance, charging his fist back, and then releasing a punch at supersonic speed, which causes a current of compressed to hit Starfish! Agent Owl has seen this technique before, and the monk used it in the same situation, when she had pinned him down. Apparently he is quite predictable.

Bolas have no effect as he rolls a 28, even if vulnerable that wouldn't affect him. He fails vs Starfish's attack with a 18, this leaves him dazed and at -1.
FoB uses Fist of Air, being dazed prevents him from getting two or more people in the line area attack. Only Starfish is affected, she needs a dodge 20 save, and then a fort 20 save vs Vulnerable, prone, incapacitated. If she overcomes the dodge save, the fort save is DC 15. It is Starfish, Nina and Prudence turn
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Over the City (Alecto)

Post by Camus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:22 pm

From the air Alecto can see the already in progress evacuation protocols. She flies straight to the monks' hideout, startling the people in the glass buildings, and she glides her seductive silhouette through the air.
As she clsoes in the the abandoned warehouse (why are they always abandoned warehouses anyway?) she spots the Guardians of Conflux city battling Fist of Buddha. You haven't met that monk before, but from what you've heard in the enclave, he was the most prominent warrior of the order. What you've heard seems to be true, as he is holding off three guardians by himself. If what Yamamoto told you was to be believed, he must have the last piece needed for the Heaven's Treasure's doomsday device.
You also spot the usual entrance, a back alley, just around the corner, where four monks stand guard.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Stop the Fist of Buudha

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 2 bruise


For a teleporter Prudence sure took her sweet time getting here. Regardless, she was here now and the Fist of Buddha's odds just dropped. He used that technique again, just like the last time he was injured and off his balance.

Agent Owl draws her grapnel in one arm while preparing to throw more Owl Talons at him. "Try not to stand in a line when we have him pinned like that, and try to keep more than 30 feet apart from each other," Agent Owl advised over the com while throwing the bundle of Owl Talons, the throw was predictably wide, but it mattered less than staying on her guard, one solid hit could take her out, Agent Owl needed to be on her toes against an opponent who can hit as hard as he can.

OOC
----------------
Move Action: Draw grapnel... that's the problem with equipment that's not arrayed... oh well.

Standard Action: Throw Owl Talons, defensive attack 5, 11.

Result of Standard Action: Hit him? Ha ha...! No. Agent Owl is at an additional +5 to dodge and parry this round.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 813
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Stop the Fist of Buddha (Agent Owl and Starfish)

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Starfish
HP:1 LP:0
CND: healthy, for now, but vulnerable until Fort DC15 (Do I roll on his turns? [Unless it has Instant Recovery then only Vuln for his turn])
Dodge w/Evasion 2: 26
Fort DC15:12
Myra expertly flips out of the way but even a partial blast was enough to mess with the aquarian's equilibrium. She sways dangerously on her feet.

So much so that it throws off her next strike, a golfball sized sphere of hardened water curves wide.
Attack:10
Myra, recognizing her weakened stance uses the water she pulls from the monk to form a platform under her feet. It levitates her into the air just a foot and moves her at break neck speeds out of his direct line of attack. "Not abandoning the fight, just regaining my balance." she assures her friends as the water disk zips her 300 feet down the street, still visible but hopefully out of easy attack range.
Move with platform Flight 5
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
MissRo
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 am
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by MissRo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:41 pm

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins
HP: 1 - LP: 0 - Staus: Normal


Pru braced herself and immediately sprung into action, dramatically increasing her velocity as she 'ported to literally launch herself into the man that Owl had attacked. The split second after impact she was back where she started, still ready to go.
Nintendogeek01 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:13 pm
Agent Owl draws her grapnel in one arm while preparing to throw more Owl Talons at him. "Try not to stand in a line when we have him pinned like that, and try to keep more than 30 feet apart from each other," Agent Owl advised over the com while throwing the bundle of Owl Talons, the throw was predictably wide, but it mattered less than staying on her guard, one solid hit could take her out.
"Roger," she replied. "Are you alright?"

OOC Launch Attack Check: 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23, toughness DC 24, using turnabout to return to her starting position.
"In times of crisis, it is of utmost importance not to lose one's head." - M. Antoinette

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Stop Fist of Buddha! (Starfish, Agent Owl, Pru)

Post by Camus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:08 pm

Fist of Buddha -2, dazed.

The Fist of Buddha grits his teeth as he can't get out of the way of Pru's attack in time. His otherworldly resistance seems to be starting to give in, as he seems injured by the blow. He grins, however.
With blinding speed, the monk suddenly appears next to Starfish. "There is no escape from divine punishment." he says before hitting her in the stomach. He flows with the movement, grabbing her from her right arm and twisting it painfully.

Toughness: 16, one more injury and dazed again.
Fist of Buddha uses his speed to catch up Starfish with a charge attack (24 to hit, Starfish saves vs DC 25), and applies grab (DC 20, if starfish is grabbed, her escape DC is 25).
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Stop the Fist of Buudha

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:50 pm

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 2 bruise


"Wait! Starfish don't get out of..." too late, Starfish had zoomed far out of Agent Owl's ideal attack range, "... my range," While the Owl Talons would chase after the Fist of Buddha Agent Owl didn't have anything that could strike him at this distance. Well... she did have one thing, but she didn't like it.

Agent Owl used her grapnel and zipped up to the side of a building, and then kicked off of it into a gliding start after the distant Fist of Buddha and Starfish. Agent Owl's desperation to make sure Starfish wasn't fighting him alone left her glide relatively out of control, so her attempt to kick him as she landed fell short, but still her guard was up and Starfish was not entirely isolated.

OOC
----------------
Resolve Homing Attack: 11 again!? Yeesh...

Move Action: Athletics to try and run faster since my swing speed equals my ground speed, 23... Success! My movement speed is now 60 ft! Use grapnel to move to a higher elevation.

Standard Action: From elevated position, use glider cape to do a gliding charge at Fist of Buddha! Defensive Attack 5... eh, I take comfort in knowing a 13 wouldn't have hit anyways... 8.

Result of Standard Action: Agent Owl is at an additional +5 to dodge and parry this round.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 813
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Stop the Fist of Buddha (Agent Owl and Starfish)

Post by Flynnarrel » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:22 am

Starfish
HP:1 LP:0
CND: miraculously still healthy, vuln still, fatigue next turn.

The appearance of the man was startling and she had no chance to avoid his strike.
toughness28
Fort DC15:1o
Luckily the aqueous nature of her body disseminated the force of the blow because she was still off balance from the earlier hit.

But with her feeble strength there's no way she could avoid his trained hold. Myra found herself effectively held, bound painfully by her attacker.

But he didn't know her.

The arm he held dissolved, followed by the rest of her body as she puddled in water at his feet.

Her body, now water, moved at the whim and strength of her power and as quick as she pooled to the ground a pseudopod of water exploded upwards at the monk. Twice!
Water golem form, insubstantial 1, elongation 1, prone fighting.
Water golem attack:26
Surged for second Water golem attack 26
dc 23 toughness each if they hit.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Prof Weird
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:26 am

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued

Figuring that she may need all of her available powers (and the ooze was of no further use), Elene allows the Primordial Ooze she summoned to return to the void from which it arose.

She did notice the citizens getting to shelters, and evacuating the island as best they can.

She noticed the remaining three of the Guardians fighting the Fist of Buddha; she could have interfered, but thought better of it.

"The last thing they need at the moment is a distraction." she noted as she mused to herself, "If they win the fight, they'll want to dismantle the doomsday device. If the lose the fight, the Fist of Buddha will want to use the doomsday device.

Whether they win or lose, the best idea is to ensure the device is non-functional.

At least for him - I might add one or two of the artifacts to my collection for further study. I improve my magic AND keep dangerous items out of more foolish hands. Who knows - I might figure out a better way to use it for my own ends someday !

Now, what to do with these guys ...."
she plotted once she noticed the four monks guarding the base entrance.

"I have completed my mission !" she stated boldly, "Yamamoto has been consumed by a Primordial Ooze ! No coming back from that !

Who do I have to see to get paid ?"

She's trying to bluff her way into the base _: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23

User avatar
MissRo
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 am
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by MissRo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:11 am

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins
HP: 1 - LP: 0 - Staus: Normal


This guy, whoever he was, seemed to have been giving Owl and Starfish a run for their money. Best to keep the pressure on him, she figured, and repeated her attack.

OOC: Launch Attack Check: 1D20+9 = [10]+9 = 19, toughness DC 24, using turnabout to return to her starting position.
"In times of crisis, it is of utmost importance not to lose one's head." - M. Antoinette

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Stop Fist of Buddha! (Starfish, Agent Owl, Pru)

Post by Camus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Fist of Buddha -4, dazed.

The sudden explosion of the watery pseudopods catch the monk off guard, landing two solid hits on him. He is left reeling, but still managed to dodge Pru's attack. Agent Owl's bold attack also fails to connect with the nimble buddhist.
Fist of Buddha's tranquil demeanour has turned into outright fury. He uses the Palm of Buddha on Starfish again, with such devastating wrath that a shock wave of pressurized air blast the area, sending debry flying about, and Agent Owl's cape fluttering.

Toughness 22 and 14 he is at further -2 and dazed. Fist of Buddha lands a critical hit on Starfish with his Palm of Buddha. Starfish needs a toughness save DC 30 and is subject to second effect.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Heaven's treasure lair (Alecto)

Post by Camus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:44 pm

The four monks are taken by surprise by Alecto's entrance, and seem to shift to their combat stance for a moment, but then recognize her. They stand relaxed and point to the door. "You are free to enter" one of them says, and opens the door for you.

Insight: 21
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Post Reply