Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel
Posts: 813
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:36 am

The insane speeds forced Starfish into a partly aqueous form but she was nevertheless trying to pull herself together for a fight.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
MissRo
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 am
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by MissRo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:00 pm

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins
HP: 1 - LP: 0 - Staus: Normal


She squeezed his hand, fighting back some tears of her own. She knew full well how difficult it must have been for him to keep something of that magnitude from her.

"There's no bloody chance that I'm sending you back there. I'm getting you and the kids out of the city until I get this straightened out."
"In times of crisis, it is of utmost importance not to lose one's head." - M. Antoinette

Prof Weird
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:46 pm

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued

"Well, looks like summoning that Primordial Ooze was a complete waste of time !"
Elene groused to herself when she noticed that Red Rocket was struggling with her intended target Yamamoto, "It's probably trying to eat some hapless secretaries or guards or something !

But it may still be of some use ..."
she continued, before calling off its attack, and telling it to climb up the elevator to her present location.

Since her target was restrained, she decided to attack while she had a chance - activating her claws.
If need an Initiative for this particular battle - roll is _: 1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7
.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

It's a Trap! (Alecto)

Post by Camus » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:04 pm

As you step out of the stair, claws gleaming for the kill, the door behind you is crushed by a sliding down metal plate. You stand in shock as all other exits are blocked by similar plates sliding down. Red Rocket grimaces and stand down from Yamamoto, crossing his arms around his chest. The guards on the floor get up, and aim at Alecto. The japanese woman adjust her glasses and addresses you. "Impressive work as always, you got my double cornered. You were the missing piece in my puzzle, but I dare say I never lose at puzzles. Alecto is it? You are rather famous, I wonder how did you get in Conflux City undetected, but that lacks importance now. I prepared this little charade for you for a very important reason: I believe you should change employer, the sooner the better." her hand flies to a small device with which she fidgets for a few seconds, before bringing up an holographic screen behind her. "You must not be fully aware of your current employer's plans, but let me tell you they will give you quite a change of heart, I am sure." An image of the elder monk appears on the screen, but wearing a tuxedo, instead of his monk garb. "This is the leader of the organization employing you." a smaller screen with an ancient looking contraption appears over the previous one. "This is what they are building. I believe they must have it almost ready to operate. This device is surrounded by mystery, but thanks to Legion here, we have been shed some light. This thing creates a burst of energy capable of levelling this entire island. The monks plan to use it to destroy Conflux City, with everyone on it. Including you of course. Their assignment of you two to this assassination mission was simply a distraction to have you outside their lair when the weapon fires." Yamamoto crosses her arms around her chest. "I can offer you a chance to redeem yourself, or at least get payback from the traitorous monks. What do you say?"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Windy roof tops (Pru)

Post by Camus » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:08 pm

"But dearest, my underlings would pay the price if I don't show up. I can't leave them there. Despite how fast you are you are never going to be able to get their families out in time. Trust me on this, get our kids out and go save the day! I'll be fine." Thomas replies, grabbing Pru's hands and with a half smile on his lips. That I know it all smug face. In another situation he would look quite charming with his hair blowing in the wind, but there are many things in Pru's head to be thinking on his husband's looks. Or are there?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Stop Fist of Buddha! (Starfish and Agent Owl)

Post by Camus » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:16 pm

"You are too slow!" Fist of Buddha says, almost disappearing so fast he is moving. At the next second he is behind Agent Owl, pressing his palm in her back. "Feel the unbearable pressure of the Hand of Buddha!" The blow is devastating, sending a blast of air from the impact. Ripples of pain crawl all over Agent Owl.

Fist of Buddha moves behind Agent Owl and attacks with Palm of Buddha, rolling a 27. This is a DC 25 Toughness damage attack with secondary effect.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Flynnarrel
Posts: 813
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Starfish
HP:1 LP:1
CND: healthy, for now.

"Starfish to Pru," Myra whispers into her commlink, "Agent Owl and I are confronting a monk hostile in possession of a stolen artifact out side of..." she gives whatever general location is applicable. "If you're available we could use your help and need to retrieve that relic." Setting her jaw she knew they needed to reduce how quick this guy moved. Water rose from a nearby stormdrain access and slueced in a line toward the monk trying to bind his feet.
Water Capture, Affliction Area-Shapable, DC19 Dodge or DC19 or 14 Dodge, Overcome by STR, Affliction(Impaired and Vulnerable and Hindered, Disabled and Defenseless and immobile)
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Stop Fist of Buddha! (Starfish and Agent Owl)

Post by Camus » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:22 pm

Feeling the watery bindings surround him, the monk nimbly dodges out of harm's way. "I told you, you are too slow! There is no way you can defeat me with such lazy movements!" he taunts.

Saves: 27, 24 he is unaffected.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Teleporting

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 1
Condition: 1 bruise


Agent Owl manages to roll with the impact of the palm and reduce the effectiveness of the initial blow! Though she still feels something creeping underneath she nonetheless whirls around, pulls her cape around to obstruct the monk's view of her movements, and then throws Owl Talons out from behind it as she whips the cape away, hoping to startle him, even if it's only a minor blink reflex at the wrong time! She silently wonders if being talkative is a requirement for joining Heaven's Treasure.

OOC
----------------
Move Action: Attempt to Startle Fist of Buddha at 17.

Result of Move Action: Fist of Buddha must resist with insight, intimidate, or will. If he fails he is vulnerable to Agent Owl's next attack.

Standard Action: Throw Owl Talons, defensive attack 5, 18.

Result of Standard Action: If the attack check beats his dodge by 1 degree, Fist of Buddha must make a DC20 toughness save. If the attack check succeeds by 2 degrees, he must make a DC22 toughness save. If the attack check succeeds by 3 degrees he must make a DC25 toughness save.

User avatar
MissRo
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 am
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by MissRo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:46 pm

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins
HP: 1 - LP: 0 - Staus: Normal


Nothing meant more in the world to Pru then her husband. As they stood there together on that windblown rooftop, it was as true as it had been the day she'd married him. The safety and wellbeing of their children came above all else, yes, that was true, but a parent's love was a different kind of love altogether. Tom was part of her; two halves of a whole. She trusted him completely.

She leaned up, wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him.

"For God's sake be careful," she said, taking his hand. "Call me the second you think you're in imminent danger. I lo..."
Flynnarrel wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:16 pm
"Starfish to Pru," Myra whispers into her commlink, "Agent Owl and I are confronting a monk hostile in possession of a stolen artifact out side of..." she gives whatever general location is applicable. "If you're available we could use your help and need to retrieve that relic."
The buzz of the commlink interupted her, as she strained to listen.

"Bugger. These fellows are busy, I'll give them that." She sighed, then responded to Myra. "Acknowledged, Starfish. I'll be there momentarily."

She squeezed Tom's hand. "I love you. Be safe." With that they were back in the embassy, and then she was gone again, 'porting back to her home to collect her children.
"In times of crisis, it is of utmost importance not to lose one's head." - M. Antoinette

Prof Weird
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: It's a Trap! (Alecto)

Post by Prof Weird » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:04 am

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued, annoyed
Camus wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:04 pm
As you step out of the stair, claws gleaming for the kill, the door behind you is crushed by a sliding down metal plate. You stand in shock as all other exits are blocked by similar plates sliding down. Red Rocket grimaces and stand down from Yamamoto, crossing his arms around his chest. The guards on the floor get up, and aim at Alecto. The japanese woman adjust her glasses and addresses you. "Impressive work as always, you got my double cornered. You were the missing piece in my puzzle, but I dare say I never lose at puzzles. Alecto is it? You are rather famous, I wonder how did you get in Conflux City undetected, but that lacks importance now. I prepared this little charade for you for a very important reason: I believe you should change employer, the sooner the better." her hand flies to a small device with which she fidgets for a few seconds, before bringing up an holographic screen behind her. "You must not be fully aware of your current employer's plans, but let me tell you they will give you quite a change of heart, I am sure." An image of the elder monk appears on the screen, but wearing a tuxedo, instead of his monk garb. "This is the leader of the organization employing you." a smaller screen with an ancient looking contraption appears over the previous one. "This is what they are building. I believe they must have it almost ready to operate. This device is surrounded by mystery, but thanks to Legion here, we have been shed some light. This thing creates a burst of energy capable of levelling this entire island. The monks plan to use it to destroy Conflux City, with everyone on it. Including you of course. Their assignment of you two to this assassination mission was simply a distraction to have you outside their lair when the weapon fires." Yamamoto crosses her arms around her chest. "I can offer you a chance to redeem yourself, or at least get payback from the traitorous monks. What do you say?"
Elene just started laughing - seems you can't trust ANYONE ! Even the 'good guys' are just as (or even more) underhanded and deceitful as the villains !

As far as she knew, Yamamoto might be just as villainous as the monks, with plans on ruling Conflux City herself, and needs the competition removed.

Once she calmed down a bit, she replied "Their plan makes little sense, given there are so many ransom-worthy and useful targets here. Was that not the point of Conflux City - get all the 'important, valuable and right people' here, so they'd be safe if something 'unfortunate' were to happen to the rest of the world's population ? Sounds more like a supervillain plan - collect the 'important people', kill everyone else, then the Chosen Ones have the world to themselves.

As to your holographic evidence, I can make images too, but that doesn't make what I show real !

But, on the other hand, I have no desire to be incinerated. IF they are up to something, I would certainly like a chance to teach them the error of their ways - it is not wise to annoy a Fury !"

Do I need an Insight check to see if Yamamoto is trying something ?

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Stop the Fist of Buddha (Agent Owl and Starfish)

Post by Camus » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:09 pm

The monk easily sees through Agent Owl's manoeuvre, leaning back to dodge the Owl Talons. He grins and surges forward attempting to overrun Nina. But its a feint. He dodges her and goes for Starfish, slamming his palm in her stomach! As Nina sees her partner in distress, her own wound fires up again, subjecting her to excruciating pain!

FoB Insight: 22, his defense is 20 so he dodges the talons. He attacks Starfish with his Palm of Buddha, and got a 28. This is a DC 25 Toughness damage attack with secondary effect. Agent Owl suffers the secondary effect of the first round's attack, so another toughness dc 25 save. It's Starfish and Agent Owl's turn
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Prudence's house (Pru)

Post by Camus » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:11 pm

As Prudence pops into his house, her kids rush to her as usual. Samantha, the girl who takes care of them pops her head out of the kitchen. "Oh hello Mrs Prudence, is everything alright?" There doesn't seem to be anything amiss here.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Changing sides (Alecto)

Post by Camus » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Prof Weird wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:04 am
"Their plan makes little sense, given there are so many ransom-worthy and useful targets here. Was that not the point of Conflux City - get all the 'important, valuable and right people' here, so they'd be safe if something 'unfortunate' were to happen to the rest of the world's population ? Sounds more like a supervillain plan - collect the 'important people', kill everyone else, then the Chosen Ones have the world to themselves.

As to your holographic evidence, I can make images too, but that doesn't make what I show real !

But, on the other hand, I have no desire to be incinerated. IF they are up to something, I would certainly like a chance to teach them the error of their ways - it is not wise to annoy a Fury !"

Yamamoto adjust her glasses, "You make a good point there. I guess no one ever thought such an extremist group would target Conflux City, or even succeed at such degree. Still, as a fellow breathing creature, I guess you get the point; if you want to keep breathing, help us out. I will have Rocked here prepare evacuation protocols. There are a number of safe bunkers throughout the city for the citizens. We are not sure if they will hold, but reduction measures need to be taken. Our Guardians team has been reduced greatly, thanks to you partly, so you could assist them, or find your own way into their base to attempt and sabotage their weapon. The choice is yours; as long as the weapon is neutralized. Now I am a very busy woman," the councilwoman said, turning to go. "The main entrance is now open for you"

OOC: I rolled insight for you since I forgot to reply to you. You got a 17, as long as you can tell, Yamamoto is being sincere.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Stop the Fist of Buudha

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 1 >> 0
Condition: 2 bruise


Agent Owl pushes through the pain and strikes a combat stance. As the Fist of Buudha runs past her she throws a punch at his temple! The arrogant monk still dashes right past her but that was fine, the real goal of that punch was to get him to react in a way that put him off balance, and whether it works or not Agent Owl was about to find out as she pivots her body with the punch and reaches for the bolas in her belt. As she finishes turning to face him the Owl Talons fly past her on their return arc, unfortunately falling short of striking him. Time to make this count; Agent Owl sends her bolas twirling through the air after the monk, too late to catch him before he strikes Starfish, but at their trajectory they may yet entangle him!

OOC
----------------
Resolve Homing Attack: 10

Result of Homing Attack Resolution: Nothing, a 10 couldn't possibly hit him.

Move Action: Attempt to Startle Fist of Buddha at 15.

Result of Move Action: Fist of Buddha must resist with insight, intimidate, or will. If he fails he is vulnerable to Agent Owl's next attack.

Standard Action: Throw Bolas, defensive attack 5, 22.

Result of Standard Action: If the attack check succeeds then Fist of Buudha must make a DC20 dodge save vs. hindered & vulnerable >> defenseless & immobile. Agent Owl is at +5 to dodge and parry this round.

Post Reply