Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

The end

Post by Camus »

Yamamotos answer was short "Roger, a team is on its way." Short was also the trip to Ninas mansion, as Agent Owl soared through the air in her aircraft. She wouldn't trust Nightstar's health to any physician, specially being an alien. Her own staff was years ahead of Conflux city standards. She would also receive some basic treatment herself, enough to keep moving. The chronosphere was still to be dealt with.
Myra and Grit vacated the crumbling room, taking with them the unconscious monk. Yamamotos team was quick to arrive, and soon the cleanup was in progress. Every item confiscated and every criminal contained. While Grit was in great shape, Starfish needed medical treatment and was taken to the hospital once the cleaning was done. She was surprised to find Councilman Shamapki there too, recuperating from his wounds.
A few days went by, and the council assembled again at the Council Chambers. Shamapki was there as well, sporting a cask on his arm. The Guardians were assembled, and received the honours of the council, and the gratitude of the city. Nina had a suspicion about the identity of the Hand already, and the indian councilman confirmed it. The Hand was his brother, who he thought dead. It turned out he had always been the leader of Heaven's Treasure, even back in the days of Shamapki's tale. His pretended death allowed to build up a network underneath the radar of the UN, and get his hands in powerful mystical artifacts. But not even his machinations were enough to stop you, the Guardians of Conflux city, to keep the shining beacon of hope and freedom, alight and safe. The council offers each of you a medal in recognition for your selfless efforts in front of the crowds of Conflux City, who cheer and applaud.

Meanwhie in Russia...
For her part Alecto woke up days after the incidents of Conflux city. She came to understand that Red Rocket had left her unconscious as she was in his own hideout somewhere in Russia, but he was nowhere to be found. Luckily there was money, and more than one useful device laying around. Taking the shape of the efficient oriental secretary, Alecto walked out to the cold streets of Moscow. The icy wind felt invigorating in her face, and her snakes whirled with pleasure under her illusory disguise. A fresh start!

OOC: Congratulations everyone for finishing the adventure! thank you for tagging along, since Dec4 2016! I hope you want to make a closing post with future views of your characters. Cheers!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nintendogeek01

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

With Nightstar's injuries being tended to, and some basic first aid given to Nina (along with some scolding from her caretakers), Agent Owl eventually departed to meet with Yamamoto. Agent Owl had quite a few choice words for Yamamoto's decisions through this whole ordeal, and given the dispositions of both women an argument inevitably broke out.

But eventually once initial frustrations were vented Agent Owl got around to her plan for the Chronosphere, or more accurately its component relics: One relic to go back to Shamapki, one to go to Starfish, one to Yamamoto, and one Agent Owl would hang onto. Each would monitor, guard, and/or hide the relic in their own way and not involve the others unless their relic is compromised.

If agreed on Agent Owl decided to use her connections to send it to one person better able to hide it than her; the same man that, once in the privacy of the Owl's Nest, she sent a report to of this incident. The Heaven's Treasure, the Shamapki Family, the Relics, Yamamoto's performance (and a note of concern that Yamamoto has demonstrated more connections than previously known), Alecto and Red Star, and ultimately that the Guardians are still okay and keeping the Conflux City safe. With her report to Batman sent, it was time to have Nana's dinner, for breakfast.

The next few days were occupied with Nina repairing her equipment, including some of her spent devices, spending public time as Nina, and of course, standing on ceremony in front of the council, she always hated this part but it came with the package.

But no matter what, Agent Owl would always remain vigilant, and the Conflux City Guardians, so long as they stand for justice, will always be able to count on Agent Owl's mind to be at their disposal.
Last edited by Nintendogeek01 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto
Meanwhie in Russia...
For her part Alecto woke up days after the incidents of Conflux city. She came to understand that Red Rocket had left her unconscious as she was in his own hideout somewhere in Russia, but he was nowhere to be found. Luckily there was money, and more than one useful device laying around. Taking the shape of the efficient oriental secretary, Alecto walked out to the cold streets of Moscow. The icy wind felt invigorating in her face, and her snakes whirled with pleasure under her illusory disguise. A fresh start!
"Well, THIS is yet another kick in the teeth !" Elene groused to herself as she glared at the city around her, "All those months making a convincing background identity to get into Conflux City, and now its gone ! Yamamoto didn't know how I got there - which means she's now had time to go over the records with a fine toothed comb, root out my identity there, and have it expunged !

And probably set up new protocols to ensure I can't sneak in again ! Might even call in Agent Owl to help !

I'm in Moscow, and I don't speak a word of Russian !

Honestly, Jesse and James got more respect !

Wait a minute - WHY am I in my metahuman state ?"
Elene realized, "My powers don't work like that ! They require a modicum of focus to be active ! I revert back to human if I get knocked out !

Why are my snakes feeling pleasure - they're not real ! They're just manifestations of my power working on my hair, not real snakes !

WHY am I using an illusion to make my chthonic form look human, when I can just turn off that form and actually BE human ?!"

She braced herself for a moment against a wall, and carefully observed a cloud in the sky.

It didn't change even the slightest bit, even after moments of observation like a real cloud would.

She turned off her powers and focused. "Enough of this foolishness !"

Everything stopped as color vanished from the world. Then the world faded to a grey mist - to be replaced by a single room with three people in it.

"How did she escape your mind trap ?" a man asked.

"I don't know ! Her will is stronger than it should be !" the woman one.

"But that's impossible !" another man stated as he readied his rifle.

Elene tried to use her powers, but nothing happened. She felt her arm - her circlet was missing ! But her sense for magic told her it was in the room with her ! She began muttering a ritual when she noticed a roach on the desk near her.

"Don't try anything funny !" the armed man stated, "We know you are nothing without your circlet !" he continued, waving it before her.

Elene grinned at him. "Yeah - about that !" she stated as she slapped the desk, and tossed the roach into her mouth !

With a final word, she finished her impromptu summoning ritual, took a deep breath, then blew out a swarm of stinging insects that filled the room ! Once the screaming of her captors stopped a few moments later, she retrieved her circlet and placed it back on her arm.

She told the swarm to go out the west door, move slowly, and hurt everyone it could. She went out the north door once the guards started shooting at the swarm they assumed she was in.

"Novice government funded hero teams are such a joy to curb stomp !" she mused as she drove away from the base (at just below the speed limit). "Let's see - I'm in Moscow now. Should be able to get to the airport in a few hours. Then I'll have to ring up a few of my old contacts to find a place to hide out for a bit.

Then work out how to get Conflux City under my control - it would make an excellent capital city from which to bring the world to heel ! Yamamoto's probably already got a plan underway - someone THAT focused on control and order nearly always does; I only need tweak it to serve my interests instead of hers. "

OOC : This is the 1st Path of the Way of the Nothing : The Glory of Irrelevance.
Since nothing Alecto does is relevant, she can do anything she wants !
As long as the more important characters are not inconvenienced, who cares what she does ?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

After several days to rest and heal, Myra Io'nada made her report to the Atlantean Counsel regarding the incidents that transpired and made arrangements for the security of her piece of the chronosphere. She knew they would want to examine it themselves and know excruciatingly precise details. She gave them to the best of her ability.

Myra was relieved when they said she could continue her post to Conflux City and her work with the Guardians. She came up with a few more training ideas to blend her powers with those of the others though she was sure Agent Owl would have thoughts along those lines as well. Otherwise she continued her environmental impact study for the artificial island and most nights you can still find her at some high place in the City, watching the stars.
"Something pithy this way comes."