Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Prof Weird
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:03 am

Alecto
HP : 0
Condition : -2 Tou, Exhausted (-2 to ALL CHECKS, Hindered = half movement speed)

"Not sure how much longer I can keep this up !" Elene groused to herself, trying to remain standing - shifting her attack powers into a defensive mode took most of what little energy she had left.

So she decided to go for broke ...
Accurate attack to return The Hand's energy back to him : +1 attack, for DC18 Toughness check _: 1D20+1 = [4]+1 = 5- now THAT'S the kind of rolls I'm used to getting !! That wouldn't even hit a minion. Standing still.

Accurate attack for claws (+9 to hit, +9 damage)_: 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23. If that somehow managed to hit, DC24 Tou check for The Hand.
The shadows swirling around her condensed, then fired The Hand's energy back at him - and missed.
But at least her claw attack was MUCH better than her last slash at him.

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:34 am

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 3 Bruise, Dazed >> 3 Bruise


As the Hand declares his attack Agent Owl glides for cover and pulls up to prolong her air-time behind it as light fills the room! "Ngh..." she grunts as she feels her head begin to pound. To make matters worse the Owl Drone's connection is lost as she hears the sound of sparks and metal crashing to the ground.

Agent Owl's head is pounding as she dives back toward the ground at worrying speeds, but to the relief of any onlookers she manages to roll into a landing behind one of the pillars in the room!

She stands up and partly supports her weight against a pillar with one hand while using her other hand to nurse her head. Agent Owl takes a few deep, cleansing breaths as she peeks around the pillar at the action. Alright the drone is lost but they got Nightstar back and now they know how to get Grit back once he returns, that's a trade she'd make any day. As the headache fades Agent Owl begins to formulate and plan the next steps to finishing this confrontation.

OOC
-------------
Agent Owl Move Action: Dazed

Agent Owl Standard Action: Glide to cover where I will fail to stealth at 14.

Result of Standard Action: I get spotted and pasted by the first villain who decides to do so.

Will Recovery roll: Vs. DC20... shockingly enough I manage to make this roll at 22.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Final combat!

Post by Camus » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:49 am

Busy with Nightstar The Hand doesnt notice Alecto slipping behind him and attacking him with her claws! Alcto can see she drew blood but the man remains immutable. "Good move" he compliments, before turning and delivering a mighty backwards kick! It was unclear it it was Alectos bones crushing or the wall breaking, as Grit made his entrance quite notorious by slamming the wall down and stepping in through the breach. He trotted the few meters that separated him from Starfish and tried to pummel her down, but missed by a big margin, slamming his fist against the wall.
At the sight of his comrade, and seeing the Hand fighting Alecto, Nightstar decides to go after Grits necklace, shooting a beam of purple energy at it. However her aim proves bad, and the beam scorches the floor next to Grit.



The hand saves: toughness save 21 he is injured 1
The hand attack: 27 if that hits, toughness dc 25
Grit misses with a 1
Nightstar attack: 12 she misses again...

Since the Hand and Grit are together in initative, its the heroes turn. If someone wants to control nightstar be my guests. Sorry for the long wait! We are almost done!

Combat info
Agent Owl 24 [-2 Toughness, behind cover.]
The Hand 15 [-1 Toughness]
Grit 12 [Fine]
Starfish 7 [-3 Toughness, Staggered]
Nightstar 6 [Fine]
Alecto 3 [-2 Toughness, Fatigued.]
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Prof Weird
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:17 am

Alecto
HP : 0
Condition : exhausted, -2 Tou
With a Dodge of 9, The Hand's attack hits, no problem.
Toughness check vs DC25 : _: 1D20+9 = [20]+9 = 29
- Well, she hasn't been taken out, just yet. That roll succeeded, even if another -2 from exhaustion piled on.
Alecto managed to injure The Hand, but at high risk - the monk threw out a very well-placed kick.

But she was able to twist just enough at the last moment, evading most of the power of the attack.

Once the wall fell in, she noticed Grit.

"Oh joy ! Another heavy hitter !"

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:43 am

Myra was surprised she lasted this long and now she was face to face with the most fearsome brawler of the Conflux Guardians.

In for a guppy, in for a whale.

The water coalesced at her mental command into a narwhale's spiralling horn lancing to the necklace.... twice.
Water Spray, +8, Toughness DC25, Multiattack Surge for two attacks. Targetting the necklace.
Water Spray: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24

Water Spray Surge: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20

Even targetting an item, I think both should hit. DC25 Toughness + any extra from multiattack.

Fatigued next turn.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:11 pm

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 3 Bruise


Grit was back and the other two were quick to react. Agent Owl pulls out more Owl Talons and hurls them at her target before making to move to another hiding spot as quietly as possible.

OOC
-------------
Agent Owl Standard Action: If Grit's necklace is not broken the attack is aimed at the necklace, if it is broken, then this is aimed at the Hand. Either way, the attack result is 18.

Result of Standard Action: If the attack check succeeds the target must make a DC20 toughness save. If Agent Owl's attack check succeeds by two degrees, increase the DC an additional +2, or by three degrees, increase the DC an additional +5.

Agent Owl Move Action: Stealth to another hiding spot at 19.

Prof Weird
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:43 am

Alecto
HP : 0
Condition : -2 Tou, Exhausted (-2 to all checks)

"Let's see - he's strong, agile, and accurate. Physical attacks not as dangerous as his other attacks, but still dangerous.
Not sure how much longer I or the others can hold out against him, but there are least three or more against him.

Let's try an attack that cannot miss ..."


Sets off her Chant of Tartarus, against the Hand.
Chant of Tartarus : Perception Affliction 10 (Entranced/Stunned/Incapacitated; Will Resist and Recover; Cumulative +1, Sense Dependent (Hearing) -1), Will vs DC20.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Final Combat!

Post by Camus » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:34 am

The sharp conical water pierces into Grit's necklace, shattering it into pieces. The brainwashed guardian blinks in confusion as Nightstar did. The Hand curses under his breath, and Agent Owl uses that distraction to attack him from her hiding spot. The talon flies true, but the always sharp monk blocks it.
Nightstar calls out to him. "Get a hold of yourself Grit! The enemy is right here!" The man chuckles, and throws a knowing smile at the Guardians. "It was about damn time girls, your prince in despair was getting anxious trapped in his own head eh." he turns to the Hand and flicks his finger at him. "Disappear old man!" he shouts, and a torrent of air flows into a slamming force that washes over the Hand. Nightstar joins in the attack, shooting the Hand with a beam of purple energy. The Monk struggles to fend off the assault, his clothes ripping off his torso as he covers himself with his arms.
Meanwhile, Alecto targets the Hand with the song of tartarus, and can feel the old man's mind give way to the enthralling symphony.

The Hand toughness vs talon 27
Grit atacks the hand with air torrent, scoring a critcal hit! 30 vs dodge, toughness dc 30, Nightstar is joining the attack with an aid 18, for extra DC.
The hand rolls a 15, which wouldnt cut it. He spends his villain point to get another roll. he gets a 25 which fails by 7, so he is injured and dazed.
The Hand is entranced will 17

Good luck on you guys! The only enemy is stunned, so basically you get two rounds of actions! Plan them wisely and use Git and Nightstar as you see fit. Happy new year!

Combat info
Agent Owl 24 [-2 Toughness, behind cover.]
The Hand 15 [-2 Toughness, Dazed, Stunned]
Grit 12 [Fine]
Starfish 7 [-3 Toughness, Staggered]
Nightstar 6 [Fine]
Alecto 3 [-2 Toughness, Fatigued.]
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 3 Bruise


Agent Owl hurls even more of her signature weapon at the Monk, her clearest line to throw the talons obstructed by the melee happening now Agent Owl instead gambles on the Talon's return arc as she throws them wide! She then slinks into the shadows with barely a sound.

OOC
-------------
Agent Owl Standard Action: All-out attack 2 and power attack 2 is a natural one.

Result of Standard Action: Nothing.

Agent Owl Move Action: Stealth to another hiding spot at 27.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:59 pm

"Grit, Nightstar, The Flying Dutchman!" M'yra calls, naming a move they'd practiced in their hours of training together. Nightstar would support Grit's attack with an all-out energy blast for the opponent's head, similarly in an all-out, full-power attack, Grit would strike their foe with prodigious fists just as a hardened wall of water was rushing their opponent from behind. The force of Grit's blow would be all the more devastating for the support wall of water.
Team attack, Starfish and Nightstar supporting Grit's attack.
Team check: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16

Just enough to give him +2 dc I think.

Nightstars, All out team attack
team attack: 1D20+8+5 = [3]+8+5 = 16
another +2 DC

grit All out5 PA5: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20
DC 34(?) should that hit.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Prof Weird
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:22 am

Alecto
HP : 0
Condition : exhausted, -2 Tou

Since the Guardians were focusing on physical attacks, she decided to go after his mind and maintain the Chant of Tartarus - the Chant's effects are cumulative.
Chant of Tartarus : Perception Affliction 10 (Entranced/Stunned/Incapacitated; Will Resist and Recover; Cumulative +1, Sense Dependent (Hearing) -1), Will vs DC20.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Final Combat!

Post by Camus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:52 am

OOC: Didn't thought this through didn't you? Since Attacking would break the enthralling effect The Hand was under, you basically lost your two rounds actions. Too bad.

The Hand is shaken off his stupor by the combined attack of Grit Starfish and Nightstar! Rolling with the force of the blow, The Hand is not able to avoid all of the powerful attack, but enough to be just dazed by it. The song of Tartarus also seems to have not much effect on him.
"You dare injure the Hand of Buddha! Insolent inspects, I will show you the path to the land of Eternal peace.!"
he says gritting his teeth as he throws a phantom punch aimed at Alecto. The air around her is the only warning she receives before a shockwave of compressed air washes over her!

The Hand toughness 27, will 26
The Hand is using his phantom punch technique. Alecto can make a dodge save (20) to reduce the toughness dc 25 to 20 and the fort DC 20 to 15 or be dazed/prone/incapacitated

Combat info
Agent Owl 24 [-2 Toughness, behind cover.]
The Hand 15 [-3 Toughness, Dazed]
Grit 12 [Fine]
Starfish 7 [-3 Toughness, Staggered]
Nightstar 6 [Fine]
Alecto 3 [-2 Toughness, Fatigued.]
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Prof Weird
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:01 am

Alecto
HP : 0
Condition : -2 tou, exhausted
Dodge vs DC20 : _: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23
- somehow evaded the worst of it !

Damage check vs DC20 : _: 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25
- apparently soaking all those crappy rolls early paid off ! UNHARMED - even with damage and exhaustion !

Fort check vs DC15 : _: 1D20 + 7 = [13]+7 = 20
- SHRUGGED IT OFF, even with the -2 from exhaustion !
Despite the injuries and exhaustion, Alecto manages to tank The Hand's attack.

"Apparently the best way I can help is being a punching bag !" she groused to herself, "But, then again, if he's throwing attacks at me, he isn't throwing attacks at the Guardians. And they've got him outnumbered - even if two of them are a bit battered."

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:07 am

[His Will would have broken out no matter what we did]
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:15 am

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 3 Bruise


Agent Owl watches the Owl Talons whirl around and make their way to the target unerringly, with the hero herself watching carefully and readying to make her next move...

OOC
-------------
Resolve Homing attack: All-out attack 2 and power attack 2 is 30!

Result of Homing Attack: Hand of Buddha must make a DC22 toughness save, or DC24 if the attack check succeeds by two degrees, or DC27 if the attack check succeeds by 3 degrees!

Standard Action: Depends, if the Hand of Buddha is still standing after that, Agent Owl will throw her bolas at 18. If the Hand of Buddha is down, going to instead use the standard to move to the Chrono Sphere.

Result of Standard Action: If the attack check succeeds, Hand of Buddha must make a DC15 dodge save vs. hindered & vulnerable >> defenseless & immobile.

Move Action: If the Hand of Buddha is still standing, stealth at 20. Otherwise just keepin' on moving.

Post Reply