Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Nintendogeek01

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 2 bruise

Closer than she would have liked but results were results. Agent Owl walked over to the artifact and Starfish "How are your injuries?" she asked Starfish as she bent over to pick up the artifact, taking the time to examine the Monk's injuries as well. Eh, he'll live.

After waiting for Starfish's reply Agent Owl looked over the artifact, "Our job's unfinished so we can't take this with us... also... I'd rather we both had a word with Yamamoto when we hand this over to her. We're going to need a safe place to store this in the meantime."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Starfish
HP:0 LP:0
CND: -3 Toughness, Fatigue

"I'll not expire and the pain is tolerable. But another battle will not go well until I have a chance to rest an heal. Grit is much better at taking hits like that than I am - I'm glad I could cover you." the word 'humans' almost passes her lips but she bites it back before it's racially inappropriate.

"I fear time in not a luxury we have though so we should go to Yamamato if your injuries are similarly tolerable." she prompts.

"Do we know where she is?" she looks in askance to her companions.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:53 pm"I fear time in not a luxury we have though so we should go to Yamamato if your injuries are similarly tolerable." she prompts.
She must've taken some blows to the head, "The lack of time is exactly why we can't speak with Yamamoto about this yet," Agent Owl points out, "I can leave it in the Screech Owl and have it bring the artifact back to us when we've time to bring it to Yamamoto. In the meantime the Screech Owl will fly to a location I designate to keep it out of the way," Agent Owl was tempted to send it back to the Owl Nest with the artifact, but they still didn't know what the artifact could do by itself and wasn't going to risk it.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued

Once she noticed that the lead monk was aware of her astral presence, Alecto 'left' the room to check on how the Guardians were faring against the Fist of Buddha.

They'd won.

"What WAS that device ?" she pondered, "A clockwork sphere ? Almost wish it was an orange ..."
Expertise : Magic check to see if she recalls any mention of such a device in her studies _: 1D20+10 = [18]+10 = 28
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:10 pm Agent Owl

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:53 pm"I fear time in not a luxury we have though so we should go to Yamamato if your injuries are similarly tolerable." she prompts.
She must've taken some blows to the head, "The lack of time is exactly why we can't speak with Yamamoto about this yet," Agent Owl points out, "I can leave it in the Screech Owl and have it bring the artifact back to us when we've time to bring it to Yamamoto. In the meantime the Screech Owl will fly to a location I designate to keep it out of the way," Agent Owl was tempted to send it back to the Owl Nest with the artifact, but they still didn't know what the artifact could do by itself and wasn't going to risk it.
"I will not stop you doing as you will." Myra says expediently. "Just know that our enemies tracked this item thusfar and I've no doubt they have the resources to access the... 'satellites', as you call them, to be able to track your metal plane. Likewise, they've already demonstrated the ability to overcome your technology. I think if this item is put out of our direct hands with no Guardian then you are just giving it back to them." Myra shrugs.
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl
Condition: 1 bruise

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:53 pm"I will not stop you doing as you will." Myra says expediently.
"Good," Agent Owl says as the Screech Owl pulls in.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:53 pm"Just know that our enemies tracked this item thusfar and I've no doubt they have the resources to access the... 'satellites', as you call them, to be able to track your metal plane. Likewise, they've already demonstrated the ability to overcome your technology. I think if this item is put out of our direct hands with no Guardian then you are just giving it back to them." Myra shrugs.
"This is only a temporary measure," Agent Owl adds while she climbed into the plane to tuck the relic into a safe compartment. "As soon as we've broken in and dismantled Heaven's Treasure's operations on Conflux then we'll take it to Yamamoto, and have a few words with her," Agent Owl begins programming a flight path into the Screech Owl's computer, one designed to fly within a set radius a few miles away from Conflux City's coast, "Shouldn't take us much longer," she adds with a cool confidence before hopping out and sending the plane rocketing off.

"Prudence get our would-be monk to meta-human containment," Agent Owl instructs the teleporter.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"If you would please." Starfish adds hastily to cover her teammate's brusqueness.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins
HP: 1 - LP: 0 - Staus: Normal

Prudence was momentarily lost in thought. It wasn't the first time her family had been threatened, but that didn't stop her mind from racing. When addressed, she looked up.

"These people have infiltrated the city. They're at the British embassy. Probably at every place on that list. They're watching my family."

She looked down at the man's unconscious form.

"Is there a reason you mistrust Yamamoto? Do you think she's in bed with them?"
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

MissRo wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:41 am"These people have infiltrated the city. They're at the British embassy. Probably at every place on that list. They're watching my family."
Family, British Embassy, good to know, "Then you know what's at stake," Agent Owl reiterated, "Transport him to containment and meet back up with us the second you're done, because if we don't stop them now things could get much worse," Agent Owl's tone wasn't as harsh as normal, but it certainly didn't lack for gravity, this was serious.
MissRo wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:41 am"Is there a reason you mistrust Yamamoto? Do you think she's in bed with them?"
"No, don't be absurd," Agent Owl replied dismissively, "But I still have questions for her, and since she's not here we'd best get to this quickly. You've made it crystal clear how much of a threat Heaven's Treasure is," she adds to Prudence before making her way towards the building.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins

"If you have no issues with Yamamoto then give me the relic. You're right; time is of the essence, and I can get it to her in the blink of an eye. We need to know what that thing is. so we can figure out why they want it so badly."
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

MissRo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:20 am "If you have no issues with Yamamoto then give me the relic. You're right; time is of the essence, and I can get it to her in the blink of an eye. We need to know what that thing is. so we can figure out why they want it so badly."
Agent Owl continues walking and does not stop to face Prudence "I said I didn't think she was with Heaven's Treasure, I did not say I didn't have my own suspicions," Agent Owl says, "And one thing we do know, that artifact's not the only one of its kind; Heaven's Treasure already has the rest of them, and I'm not wasting another second out here when we can get started on retrieving them," she adds plainly.
Camus

Heaven's Treasure showdown

Post by Camus »

The ruckus of the battle and the discussion that followed, call the attention of the four guards that stand on the outside door. You can see two of them as they turn the corner, and can read the surprise on their faces as they see Fist of Buddha down. Knowing they have no hope against you, they turn tail and run. From where you are you can't tell where, but probably to the entrance. That is probably not good news, if they manage to alert their compatriots this could get nasty.

OOC: The monks move at 100 ft per turn, and they are going to make it to the entrance in 2 turns. The corner is at 50 ft from your position. If you can intercept them you will be able to get the drop on the terrorists, otherwise... not so much.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Into the belly of the beast (Alecto)

Post by Camus »

The giant clockwork sphere rings a bell in Alecto's vast memory of ancient relics and magical artifacts. It is called Chronosphere, it was according to the legend one of the titan Chronos' punishment devices. He used these spheres to stop time in an area, trapping everyone in a dead time zone. After the titanomachia and Chronos' death, the sphere were lost to time. Apparently, until now.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins

"Your logic's a bit..." is what she began to say, before they were so rudely interrupted. "Oh bloody hell." She lurched forward and grabbed Myra, teleporting them both between the monks and the entrance.
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

"Damn," Agent Owl cursed lightly before aiming her grapnel at the corner of the building the monks just rounded, and as she was pulled along the line she pulled out a concussive explosive and chucked it towards the rear of the group of monks.

Actions
-------------
Move Action: Athletics to try and go faster, failed at 10, so just 30 feet at an upward angle along the grapnel.

Standard Action: Use explosives on monks.

Result of standard action: Monks must make a DC15 reflex save followed by a DC20/17 toughness save depending on their reflex result.
Last edited by Nintendogeek01 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.