Toronto
13%
Monreal
33%
Vancouver
53%

Total votes: 15

The_baron

Re: Interest Check in a M&M 3E Supernatural Superhero game set north of the border

Post by The_baron »

JDRook wrote:Are you still accepting PC applications? I have a magic-themed street-level crimefighter that I built at PL4 that I could easily beef up to PL10.
Yes
Flynnarrel

Re: Interest Check in a M&M 3E Supernatural Superhero game set north of the border

Post by Flynnarrel »

How many players are you looking to accept?
"Something pithy this way comes."
The_baron

Post by The_baron »

Probably about five characters.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

alright,here's my Sub for the Game:I proudley Present to you....The Alchemist!
The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.-Nikola Tesla
THE ALCHEMIST(Gaylorn Shadowgast)
PL 10 (150?)
STRENGTH 0 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 10 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise:Arcane Lore 10(+20) Expertise:Chemistry 8(+18) Expertise:Alchemy 8(+18) Insight 6(+11) Perception 4(+9) Sleight Of Hand 4(+7) Investigation 6(+16) Technology 7(+17) Persuasion 4(+4) Ranged Combat:Thrown 4(+7)

Advantages:
Artificer, Fearless, Ritualist, Precise Attack(Close), Benefit(Wealth 3:Millionaire), Connected, Contacts, Improvised Tools, Inventor

Powers:
"Analytical Mind"
Quickness 4-Limited to Mental Task's Only (2)

"Master of Alchemy"
"Alchemical Gadgets" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [?]
Variable 5 (Alchemical Tricks) (24?)
(Common Powers)
Blast 11 (22)
Transform (Any Element to Another) 8 (32)
"Acid Potion" Damage 7 (Feats: Accurate 2, Reach 2) Linked to Weaken 10 (Feats: Accurate 2, Reach 2) (23)
"Ice Cloud" Snare 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cloud +2) (Flaws: Touch Range) (40)
"Healing Potion" Healing 10 (20)
"Suspended Animation Bomb" Immunity 10 (Life Support) (Extras: Affects Others +0, Area- 30ft. Cloud +2) (Flaws: Immobile -2) Linked to Affliction 6 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Incapacitated) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cloud +2, Progressive +2 (45)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Blast +10 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Acid Potion +10 (+7 Damage & +10 Weaken, DC 22 & 20)
Suspended Animation Bomb +6 Area (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation(Reponsibility of Power)-Gaylorn feel's that it's the duty of every Shadowgast male to be a "Front-line" Defense against the Evil's of the world that seek to destroy it...
Fame-Due to his wealth&status(as well as coming from a family of Occult Investigators),Gaylorn never bothers to hide his Identity from Camera's&such,so he fairly well known as an "Occult Investigator"...
Relationship(Shadowgast Family)-Even though he recently moved from his old family estates in Bangor, Main(guess where this is from! :) ),he still tries to keep in touch with the rest of the Family&would come running if anything were to happen to them....
Ego-As much as Gaylorn is a good person,he tends to think that he know's everything about Alchemy&will argue with you about it for hours...
Enemy(Shadowgast Rogues Gallery)-Since they never hide their Identities,the Shadowgast's enemies like to occassionally target Gaylorn for reprisal's(?)...

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 61 (31 spent) / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 26? / Defenses: 19 (135?)

Background:
Gaylorn grew-up the middle child of the Famous(or Infamous,depending on who you speak to) Shadowgast Family of Occult Investigators&heroes.Considered a "Genius Prodigy" by the time he was old enough to drive a car,Gaylorn was always told by his Beloved Grandparents to "Be the Front-line Defense of our world from the Forces of Darkness"....only problem was that he wasn't a very Physically imposing person&his personal Skills were....rather lacking,so he turned his available talents towards the Study of Alchemy...
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

I don't think Easily Removable is what you want. Someone could just take your alchemy powers and use them for them self. Why not Hard to Lose and Check Required?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

And be careful. Characters that can do anything can kill the fun of games for you, other players, and the GM.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Alchemy is limited enough. Only so much you can brew and transmute.

But yeah, Do-It-Alls are kind of offputting.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Miracle wrote:I don't think Easily Removable is what you want. Someone could just take your alchemy powers and use them for them self. Why not Hard to Lose and Check Required?
that's why i put it in there,actually.Kind of gives it a "Double-Edged Sword" kind of quality to it.
and he actually can't do everything:all of his "Inventions" and such are just different Alchemical Priciples applied differently....
(i don't think i made him that way myself,but i can see where the argument is...)
Shadow13

Post by Shadow13 »

Build is up. I went strength, speed and tanking ability for the build.

Please review and tell me what ya think.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Runt - PL 10

Strength 10, Stamina 10, Agility 5, Dexterity 0, Fighting 10, Intellect 0, Awareness 10, Presence 7

Advantages
Attractive 2, Benefit, Status: Assistance dog, Benefit, Status: Temple dog, Daze (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Critical 4: Unarmed, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Interpose, Power Attack, Takedown 2, Tracking

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+6), Deception 3 (+10), Intimidation 2 (+10), Persuasion 3 (+10)

Powers
Four legged: Movement 2 (Slithering, Sure-footed 1)
Hardy: Immunity 3 (Critical Hits, Environmental Condition: Cold)
Holy: Enhanced Trait 4 (Advantages: Improved Critical 4; Limited: Creatures of Darkness)
Rolling thunder: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)
Small ankylosaur: Growth 3 (+3 STR, +3 STA, +1 Intimidate, -3 Stealth, -2 active defenses, +3 mass ranks; Innate; Permanent)
Solid (Saving Throw: Toughness; Impervious)
Temple Guardian: Senses 4 (Accurate: Hearing, Detect: Creature of Darkness 1, Ranged: Detect)

Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 20)
Throw, +0 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 25)

Complications
Disability: No Hands
Enemy: Creatures of Darkness
Motivation: Doing Good
Prejudice
Relationship: Wuff

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 92 + Powers 28 + Advantages 16 + Skills 5 (9 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 150

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That's adorable. I can't wait to see more info about this pupper.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I'm a little more challenged there. I randomly picked up a novel from my DUSTY BOOKSHELF the other day and remembered how great Mouse is from the Dresden series and wanted to see how I could attempt a build of him.

However, Mouse as Harry as an in; Runt has..not sure yet.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I got a very strong Mouse vibe from the mutt.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Miracle wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:31 pm Image
ahh!.....So,anybody know if the games still on?