Toronto
13%
Monreal
33%
Vancouver
53%

Total votes: 15

Spectrum

Re: Interest Check in a M&M 3E Supernatural Superhero game set north of the border

Post by Spectrum »

I'm withdrawing my application.

Hope you folk have tons of fun!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Shadow13

Re: Interest Check in a M&M 3E Supernatural Superhero game set north of the border

Post by Shadow13 »

Hey Flynnarrel, nice conversion from WOD to MM3e.

Would your Vamp know Jack's mercenary Garou tribe? :evil:
Jemal

Post by Jemal »

As a Canadian who loves this type of setting, I cannot abide passing it by. I will figure something appropriate out and apply!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Shadow13 wrote:Hey Flynnarrel, nice conversion from WOD to MM3e.

Would your Vamp know Jack's mercenary Garou tribe? :evil:
It would make sense especially with the wolf connection there. I figure she was the equivalent of Gangrel initially and they've always had better relations with werewolves than others. Mostly she kept to herself and never feeds off of people. (Maybe poachers and/or criminals).
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I would like to link Eric to someone, but given his nature that makes it a little hard.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Post by Camus »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:I would like to link Eric to someone, but given his nature that makes it a little hard.
We could link him and Fudo, given the monster hunter nature of Fudo he might have either found Eric's family or the hidebehind that Eric saw. At that point several things can happen: Fudo might attempt to kill Eric's family, which Eric might not be too happy about, or if they cross roads with the monster, they might try to destroy it together, and at that point Fudo might learn what Eric truly is, and things can get... interesting so to speak.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Camus wrote:
Doctor Malsyn wrote:I would like to link Eric to someone, but given his nature that makes it a little hard.
We could link him and Fudo, given the monster hunter nature of Fudo he might have either found Eric's family or the hidebehind that Eric saw. At that point several things can happen: Fudo might attempt to kill Eric's family, which Eric might not be too happy about, or if they cross roads with the monster, they might try to destroy it together, and at that point Fudo might learn what Eric truly is, and things can get... interesting so to speak.
The latter seems more likely given he's tried to forget his family entirely. So, it could be like... Eric decides he needs to track down the monster and put a stop to things before he left, only to discover that Fudo had also been tracking it down. Appearing to be human, perhaps they'd be able to work together in a civil manner and finish off the beast until one thing or another sets Eric off. He demonstrates his own very similar abilities to that of the hidebehind, and from there...

Well, I'll leave that to you.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

We should see who gets in before trying to rig connections between characters.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Flynnarrel wrote:We should see who gets in before trying to rig connections between characters.
Dosn't mean we can't give it some thought beforehand though, now does it?
------------
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Pain is a recent resident of Canada. 12 years in Russia, 12 years in the States. And now here. Unless they were part of the mystic community of Seattle or New York (depending on what city we get) people around here won't know much about her.
XeroKhan

Post by XeroKhan »

Ooh, interesting. I'm throwing my cap into this one. I'll have to mull over my options, though I have an idea that could work: a "Supernatural Slasher" that turned anti-hero. Any thoughts?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Eric could know of and possibly met Selenia in the woods. I'm sure she's been the source of some legends about a 'witch of the woods'. He might have actually checked it out once. He would have found a woman 'living' in the woods. (I'm thinking an old abandoned hunting or ranger's cabin), pale, fangs, but with a jarring, almost neurotic sense of geniality to her as of a noblewoman welcoming you to a fine manor. She'd offer wine that tastes everso-slightly of vinegar but otherwise exquisite and apologize for a lack of better fare "but good help is so hard to find in these times". She'll answer personal questions with a sly smile and some variation of "Never ask a woman her age, Dahling."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Flynnarrel wrote:Eric could know of and possibly met Selenia in the woods. I'm sure she's been the source of some legends about a 'witch of the woods'. He might have actually checked it out once. He would have found a woman 'living' in the woods. (I'm thinking an old abandoned hunting or ranger's cabin), pale, fangs, but with a jarring, almost neurotic sense of geniality to her as of a noblewoman welcoming you to a fine manor. She'd offer wine that tastes everso-slightly of vinegar but otherwise exquisite and apologize for a lack of better fare "but good help is so hard to find in these times". She'll answer personal questions with a sly smile and some variation of "Never ask a woman her age, Dahling."
Yes yes, that could work... Ahem;

He would've smelt the stench of wine long before it was brought out, but he would've gotten the sense she'd have no idea what he truly was just yet. The moment it was to be offered up however, his entire body would give a twitch towards a piece of furniture, something imperceptible to normal human eyes. "I'm- I'm fine without, thank you ma'am." The entire encounter in general leaves him fairly uncomfortable, but he'd have suffered through it as well as he could, asking somewhat probing questions in order to see if she was a threat to the humans. When it became clear she was not, he'd apologize for his intrusion to vanish off into the woods.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

And Eric would get the sense he was watched for a few miles after he left the cabin. (Or tried to, his stealth is crazy high).
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

StarGuard wrote:Vancouver as an American but honestly isn't Montreal the New York City of Canada? It's age alone would add to the mystery. Toronto almost as old and the Lakes would be a great setting. Tough choices
Montreal would like to think its the New York of Canada, really we would. But we`re not, no matter what the mayor wants you to think. :lol:

It`s a beautiful city though, and I can`t wait to see what its going to be like when its finally finished. (Montreal humor with all the construction going on...)
Jemal wrote:As a Canadian who loves this type of setting, I cannot abide passing it by. I will figure something appropriate out and apply!
And dang it... you are so correct in that !

Someone was mentioning language barrier in Quebec, which is only half true. If you are playing in Montreal you will find English just about everywhere. But having said that, if you choose Montreal will you want people to spend a point on Languages to speak English and French or will it be assumed?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document