Going Rogue OOC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by MacynSnow » Fri May 04, 2018 8:37 pm

Hey,catsei,can i make an Expertise(Criminal) roll to know anything about Morpheus(without resorting to Contacts later)?

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by catsi563 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:46 pm

MacynSnow wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 8:37 pm
Hey,catsei,can i make an Expertise(Criminal) roll to know anything about Morpheus(without resorting to Contacts later)?
You could but Im gonna say dont worry about it.

All anyone knows about Morpheus is a few whispered rumors regarding some player who appeared on the scene a few years back. Beyond that nothing much is know whihc is odd in and of itself because usually theres rumors galore, this guys been VERY careful to avoid even those.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

MacynSnow
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by MacynSnow » Sat May 05, 2018 4:42 pm

Quick explanation:The Trucker chains are just for story flavoring,as that's how i explain his Power Attack and Ultimate Effort(Toughness) advantages.
I might add them as equipment after i get some points,though i'm not sure.....

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by catsi563 » Sun May 06, 2018 1:55 am

just an FYI Dusk may not know the specifcs of the name of the martial art but shes faced boxers before in her days in the arena undercover. She beat the living snot out of them because they generaly fought one dimensionally against her while she was perfectly willing to break legs and feet in pursuit of victory.

Daniel is clearly more skilled then any prior boxer shes faced before
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

MacynSnow
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by MacynSnow » Sun May 06, 2018 2:01 am

catsi563 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 1:55 am
just an FYI Dusk may not know the specifcs of the name of the martial art but shes faced boxers before in her days in the arena undercover. She beat the living snot out of them because they generaly fought one dimensionally against her while she was perfectly willing to break legs and feet in pursuit of victory.

Daniel is clearly more skilled then any prior boxer shes faced before
That lessen's the blow to my pride somewhat,at least.... :P

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:14 am

Yeah no don't take anything from Dusk too personally. She's a military woman in a non-military group trying to get a feel for the new guy.

On another note, M&M's re-rolls always add 10 to your dice if they're 10 or lower so the body-blow will hit.

Though on that note two things; is this actually going for Dusk's body? If so what's the DC of the toughness roll? I'd probably not be asking but the links to your rolls don't seem to work.

Just in case, toughness result of 17

MacynSnow
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by MacynSnow » Sun May 06, 2018 2:22 am

Nintendogeek01 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:14 am
Yeah no don't take anything from Dusk too personally. She's a military woman in a non-military group trying to get a feel for the new guy.

On another note, M&M's re-rolls always add 10 to your dice if they're 10 or lower so the body-blow will hit.

Though on that note two things; is this actually going for Dusk's body? If so what's the DC of the toughness roll? I'd probably not be asking but the links to your rolls don't seem to work.

Just in case, toughness result of 17
Let's see....Base 10+12=22 DC 22 save(27 if i use Power Attack,which i didn't that time)

Daniel knows you have that Shield,so he hopes the haymaker attempt pulled it out of alignment.Since he connected,he hopes to drive the wind out of you which would normally let him either KO you with a downward hammer blow or punt kick you in the face....
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sun May 06, 2018 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:30 am

The base for toughness saves is 15 actually. So wait how is your attack check +12 then?

Also was that actually going for Dusk's body in lieu of the shield?

MacynSnow
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by MacynSnow » Sun May 06, 2018 2:32 am

Nintendogeek01 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:30 am
The base for toughness saves is 15 actually.

So a 17 would be dazed & bruised. But again, is he actually aiming for Dusk's body?
Yep,hoping to knock the wind out of you..._

MacynSnow
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by MacynSnow » Sun May 06, 2018 2:34 am

Nintendogeek01 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:30 am
The base for toughness saves is 15 actually. So wait how is your attack check +12 then?

Also was that actually going for Dusk's body in lieu of the shield?
Strength is 12 &He'd hoped the shield was out of alignment due to missed haymaker

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:36 am

Strength has no effect on your attack rating, just the damage rating. Fighting, the close combat skill, and close attack, are what determine your to-hit rating.

In your case your attack check modifier would be +8, for a damage of 12.

Doesn't change the results any in this particular case but power level limits are important.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by MacynSnow » Sun May 06, 2018 2:39 am

Nintendogeek01 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:36 am
Strength has no effect on your attack rating, just the damage rating. Fighting, the close combat skill, and close attack, are what determine your to-hit rating.

In your case your attack check modifier would be +8, for a damage of 12.

Doesn't change the results any in this particular case but power level limits are important.
I honestly forgot to put it on my paper PC sheet(i always keep 2 copies of any PC i make due to force of habit).... :oops:

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by catsi563 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:45 am

By the way give me insight checks between you two DC 15
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:47 am

catsi563 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:45 am
By the way give me insight checks between you two DC 15
Not happening.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by MacynSnow » Sun May 06, 2018 2:53 am

http://roll.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup. ... lid=204080: 1D20+2=13 base insight
pertty close for a basic check and we both got the same number! ;)

Post Reply