Going Rogue OOC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread (recruiting 2)

Post by MacynSnow »

Holligan's been adjusted again,anybody want to still help me double check my work?...
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

hooligan is pl 6 on attack, accuracy is really low and you could bump them up by a total of 8 points between your strength and accuracy.

your defence is pl 11 with stamina 14 but dodge of 8 for a total of 22
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Corrigon wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:47 pm hooligan is pl 6 on attack, accuracy is really low and you could bump them up by a total of 8 points between your strength and accuracy.

But his Fighting is at rank 8, and Strength at 10. You know what? I'm just going to assume that it's copy-paste errors, and check your math to reconstruct what I think you're trying to do MS/fix up PL issues.

Abilities: 74
STRENGTH 10 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 1 FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0 INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 10
CC: Unarmed 2 (+10), Expertise: Criminal 4 (+4), Intimidation 11 (+14), Investigation 5 (+5), Perception 2 (+4), Stealth 4 (+5)

Advantages: 15
Chokehold, Contacts, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Startle, Takedown 2, Ultimate Effort(Toughness)

Powers: 36
Leaping 10
Immunity 7 (Pressure, Heat, Falling Damage)
Power Lifting 4
Protection 1 [extras: Impervious (12)]
Regeneration 2

Defenses: 10
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Toughness 12, Fortitude 12, Will 4

Total: 145

Congrats, you've got ten points to spend. I recommend dropping Takedown 2 (that's more of Portia's schtick anyways), dropping the Unarmed Combat skill and increasing Strength to 12, go for a more classic "brick" feel. And perhaps some more ranks in Immunity to be resistant to poison and disease and stuff. Maybe up Will to 6 so you're not completely gullible. I dunno.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

kenmadragon wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:28 pm
Corrigon wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:47 pm hooligan is pl 6 on attack, accuracy is really low and you could bump them up by a total of 8 points between your strength and accuracy.

But his Fighting is at rank 8, and Strength at 10. You know what? I'm just going to assume that it's copy-paste errors, and check your math to reconstruct what I think you're trying to do MS/fix up PL issues.

Abilities: 74
STRENGTH 10 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 1 FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0 INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 10
CC: Unarmed 2 (+10), Expertise: Criminal 4 (+4), Intimidation 11 (+14), Investigation 5 (+5), Perception 2 (+4), Stealth 4 (+5)

Advantages: 15
Chokehold, Contacts, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Startle, Takedown 2, Ultimate Effort(Toughness)

Powers: 36
Leaping 10
Immunity 7 (Pressure, Heat, Falling Damage)
Power Lifting 4
Protection 1 [extras: Impervious (12)]
Regeneration 2

Defenses: 10
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Toughness 12, Fortitude 12, Will 4

Total: 145

Congrats, you've got ten points to spend. I recommend dropping Takedown 2 (that's more of Portia's schtick anyways), dropping the Unarmed Combat skill and increasing Strength to 12, go for a more classic "brick" feel. And perhaps some more ranks in Immunity to be resistant to poison and disease and stuff. Maybe up Will to 6 so you're not completely gullible. I dunno.
your actually right on the money about the Copy-past Error(i've been having that a lot lately,so it might be my computer that's the issue...).I'll make the adjustments&try it one more time...
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Sorry guys been a long weekend and was dealing with some fatigue issues.

So I owe some people some reviews of submissions
Macy Re Hooligan for the most part the math works out and the character has a good niche as the teams brick.

couple notes hes got a free skill point to use since 9 pp = 27 skill points I'm counting 26

second you gave him 5 ranged combat, If I might suggest if this is to represent him throwing cars and other sundry heavy objects around you might be better off using ranged combat (improvised objects) 3pp would give you 6 ranks which with the free skill point would be a ranged score of +8 well within power limits

this would also free up 2pp for your use to throw anywhere which by the way means you would have 13 free pp to spread around

Spectrum

Nenia is also solid and has a great design which plays really well into the cosmology ive created.

I still think you can get better mileage out of her skills with a smidge more balancing but on the whole I'm satisfied with the character

BG3

Always love your characters and izzy has some solid potential as a spy against arachnos whose been keeping Morpheus up to date on their activities as best she can, chasing leads he cant get to on his own even with his shapeshifiting skills. sheesh could even see her looking to him as a sort of odd father figure or mentor from his old days with his group PLUNDER. And may be beyond Portia one of the only members who directly knows Morpheus past and true identity.

Build wise I only see 2 real flaws

1: her skills seem a bit off per house rules I might be missing my count here but I think shes got a few free to spend as I do the 3 for 1 other skills, and 2 for 1 for combat skills.

2: this is more a build quirk for me I know your own philosophy of builds is a bit dfferent which is fine. she seems a bit under strength for someone who regularly engages in both athletic and acrobatic endeavors ala Batgirl :lol: and it would strike me a strength of 1 or 2 would be absolutely in character.

She has a very Parker from Leverage feel to her and I love it :D
As to the question of the new classes launch.

I intend to launch it with the next chapter, this chapter should close out pretty soon as its conclusion is close.

Kenseido has expressed interest in submitting a character Id like to see what hes got but I intend to push forward regardless soon.

As always if anyone has any questions about the catsiverse and various heroes or villains or events in it please feel free to ask.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Oops, I didn't take into account your House Rules. If I recall correctly it's Non-Combat Skills cost 3:1 PP; Combat Skills cost 2:1 PP; and Languages are a Skill, too...

I'll make some changes.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Still taking in submissions?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Sure submit away :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

catsi563 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:14 pmKenseido has expressed interest in submitting a character Id like to see what hes got but I intend to push forward regardless soon.
Thanks for holding a possible spot for me, but I haven't been able to come up with a build that works for me, so I am withdrawing my interest.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

With Kens withdrawl :(

that leaves a couple submissions left so I'm going to close to new interest on February 1.

I'll be updating everyone soon and if I have any specifics ill pm or state here in the OOC thread

thanks for the interest everyone and as always if anyone has any questions let me know ok

Catsi stories
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

After a quick PM to Catsi, I am going to submit a modified version of my Armored Cowl build ...
Wraith (Armored Cowl - Going Rogue) - PL 10

Strength 5/10, Stamina 5, Agility 4, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 1

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Close Attack 4, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 11 (+15), Athletics 5 (+10/+15), Expertise: Current Events 6 (+8), Expertise: Streetwise 6 (+8), Expertise: Technology 6 (+8), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation 9 (+10), Investigation 8 (+10), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+8), Sleight of Hand 6 (+8), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 6 (+8)

Powers
Aikijitsu, Karate & Muay Thai Practitioner: Enhanced Trait 4 (Advantages: Close Attack 4; Limited: Unarmed Attacks Only)
Urban Combat & Infiltration Unit (Removable)
. . Active Holographic Camouflage: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Passive)
. . . . Molecular Electrostatic Charge: Movement 2 (Alternate; Wall-crawling 2: full speed)
. . Ballistic Flexweave Armor & Plating: Protection 5 (+5 Toughness)
. . Carbon Nanotube Exoskeleton & Enhanced Musculature: Enhanced Strength 5 (+5 STR)
. . D-Cel Launcher & Jumpline: Movement 2 (Safe Fall, Swinging)
. . Light Weight Glider Cape: Flight 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round; Subtle: subtle; Gliding)
. . . . Gyro Stabilized Propulsion: Flight 2 (Alternate; Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
. . Multi Optic Sensor Suite: Senses 8 (Infravision, Penetrates Concealment: (Infravision), Tracking: (Infravision) 2: full speed, Ultravision)
. . Onboard Communications & Computer Access: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Eidetic Memory, Well-informed)
. . Self Contained Oxygen & Bio Seals: Immunity 4 (Disease, Poison, Suffocation (All))

Offense
Initiative +12
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 15/DC Spec 20)
Throw, +2 (DC 20/DC 25)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 20/DC 25)

Languages
English, Native

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 5, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 56 + Powers 36 + Advantages 11 + Skills 30 (90 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 155
Complications & Background will be completed this evening after work ...

Any comments or concerns in regards to the build itself would be appreciated.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Name: Jin Shoryu AKA Black Dragon

There existed, in the times of myth, an organization that dwelt deep within the fabric of society. A net, that extended to many corners of the known world. And it exists today as well. The Black Saint cult is an organization bent on global manipulation, through performing key strikes on vital events of the history. its agents and rulers are the Black Saints, people who has trained and endured insurmountable hardships to attain the title of saint. Each of the twelve saints has an armor, black as night. Despite it is only decorative and a symbol of status, many have died trying to obtain on of them.
There also exists a mirror organization, the counterpart of this evil bent group, the White Saints cult, bent on preventing the Black Saints from achieving their goals.
But this is not a story of the power struggle of these two ancestral cults, it is the story of one of the saints, a Black Saint named Jin Shoryu, bearer of the Black Dragon Armor and avatar of power and strength. He grew up in a forgotten mountain range in China, and trained incessantly since he was young to replace his father as Black Dragon. Never to question his father's commands, he committed atrocious acts of villainy to attain the mantle of Black Dragon. However, it all felt lacklustre. There was always something nagging him from the bottom of his mind.
His life as a Black Saint was full of blood sweat and fighting. It was until a fateful day when he faced the White Dragon in battle, his Good counterpart, that his life changed. White Dragon insisted that he should change his path, that he was not destined to a life of sin and murder, but Jin didn't hear. His father had taught him well. The inevitable battle of the two strongest saints raged for days, and wreck havoc in the far of mountain where they faced each other. Both at the edge of life, they continued fighting, and white Dragon continued insisting on the power of friendship and good. At the last moment, Black Dragon had to use his most deadly technique to deliver a killing blow to his white counterpart. The punch sent the White Dragon crashing against a wall. Jin fell to his knees, his life escaping him.
But White Dragon was not defeated yet, he rose to his feet, approached the dying Black Saint, and channeled all his energy to heal him! Wordless, Jim asked Why? and in his arms, the dying White Dragon told him the truth, the whole truth about who he was.
30 ears ago, the Black Dragon saint of that time fought the White Dragon and took his child as his. His own son was never of his liking, as he lacked determination and violence. He was a weakling in his eyes, and he thought of leaving him to his enemy to weaken their ranks. An incompetent saint is better with the enemy, he thought. This realization made that nagging deep in Jin's soul to flourish, and he understood everything, his mistakes, his sins, and what he had to do now. As his half brother died in his arms, having given him a second chance at life, he embarked on a quest to right the wrongs of his old life.

Complications
Black Saints cult : Having belonged to this cult marks him as an enemy of the White saints, who blame him for the death of White Dragon.
Traitor : The Black Saints are also after him to eliminated him and claim his armor.
Life of a sinner : Black Dragon has many sins that pursue him at night and when faced with certain scenes, that produce painful memory flashbacks.
Double dragon : His real father is still alive, and knowing of his change of heart, he might contact him with some request, to which he can't deny. Even if it is a trap set by his former allies.

Abilities ( 72 pp)
Strength 10 , Stamina 10 , Agility 2 , Dexterity 0 , Fighting 10 , Intellect 2 , Awareness 2 , Precence 0 .

Powers ( 27 pp)
- Speed of the Black Dragon ( Speed 2 ) · 2 point/s
- Million Black Dragon claws technique ( Stregth Effect : Multiattack, Secondary effect, Insidius, Subtle 1 ) · 22 point/s
- Black Dragon's Roar technique ( AP: Affliction 10 : 1: Vulnerable and Dazed, 2: Stunned and Prone, 3: Unaware and Paralyzed. Fortitude save. Extra condition, Area Cone, Subtle 1 ) · 1 point/s
- Strongest there is ( AP: Power lifting 10 : Ranged attack 10, Throwing mastery 10 ) · 1 point/s
- Scales of the Black Dragon stance ( AP: Strength Effect 10 : Reaction 3 (Being hit in melee), Subtle 1. Interpose ) ·1 point/s

Advantages ( 9 pp)
Move by action 1 , Fast Grab 1 , Teamwork 1 , Diehard 1 , Imp. Defense 1 , Imp. Grab 1 , Imp. Hold 1 , All out attack 1 , Power attack 1.

Skills ( 11 pp)

Acrobatics 0 (+ 2 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 6 (+ 16 ), Expertise (Ancient history) 6 (+ 8 ), Insight 3 (+ 5 ), Treatment 3 (+ 5 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 3 (+ 5 ), Close 0 (+ 10 ), Vehicles 0 (+ 2 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 0 ), Perception 9 (+ 11 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 3 (+ 5 ), Stealth 0 (+ 0 ).

Offence
Initiative: 2
Throw + 0 Attack for DC: 22 Range: 0 ( )
Million Black Dragon claws + 10 Attack for DC: 22 Range: 0 ( )
Black Dragon's Roar + Cone area Attack for DC: 17 Range: 0 ( )
Strongest there is + 10 Attack for DC: 22 Range: 0 ( )
Scales of the Black Dragon + Reaction Attack for DC: 22 Range: 0 ( )

Defence ( 16 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Dodge: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Toughness: 0 Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Fortitude: Rank ( 8 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Will: Rank ( 8 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Hey guys, my computer sort of broke last Friday. Still trying to get it fixed. Right now, it lasts an hour before dying. Hopefully I'll have it fixed by tomorrow and will be posting then. Otherwise, I might not be able to post IC till Friday. :(
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

kenmadragon wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:55 pm Hey guys, my computer sort of broke last Friday. Still trying to get it fixed. Right now, it lasts an hour before dying. Hopefully I'll have it fixed by tomorrow and will be posting then. Otherwise, I might not be able to post IC till Friday. :(
No worries take your time well advance slowly as needed

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I'm not the GM here, but I thought I'd chime in on a few points.

Power Points that is.
ZenGypsy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:15 pm]Enhanced Trait 4 Advantages: Close Attack 4; Limited: Unarmed Attacks Only)
This makes very little sense to me. It makes mechanical sense and is rules legal... But, well, you're paying 2 PP for a +4 to hit with unarmed attacks. That's the exact same cost as just buying four ranks of the Close Combat [Unarmed] Skill. So why not just buy the Skill Ranks?
ZenGypsy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:15 pm]
. . Light Weight Glider Cape: Flight 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round; Subtle: subtle; Gliding)
. . . . Gyro Stabilized Propulsion: Flight 2(Alternate; Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
The goal here seems simple enough — Batman-style gliding cape with optional powered flight — but you seem to have over complicated the building of the Power. Try this:

Glider Cape with Optional Propulsion Flight 3 (8 / 16 MPH; Extras: Subtle [1]; Flaw: Gliding [one rank]) [ 6 PP ]
Camus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:13 pm - Scales of the Black Dragon stance ( AP: Strength Effect 10 : Reaction 3 (Being hit in melee), Subtle 1. Interpose ) 1 point/s

Making this an Alternate Power means you cannot use it unless you have forgone every other part of the Array for the turn in order to have this one "turned on." Which is all fine and kung fu cinema like... But lots of GMs dislike seeing Reaction Effects as part of Arrays.

I'm not the GM here, but it's something I always take a long hard look at in my games.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.