Going Rogue OOC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Nintendogeek01

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread (recruiting 2)

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Welp, CoyoteCode has finally stopped snickering at me as it's been apt to do lately, it gave me a 22 for the check.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Nintendogeek01 wrote:Welp, CoyoteCode has finally stopped snickering at me as it's been apt to do lately, it gave me a 22 for the check.

*poke poke* put it in the ic thread silly goose :P
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Corrections are now up Cat!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Nenia - PL 10

Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 5, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect 5, Awareness 10, Presence -1

Advantages
Benefit: Burglar, Contacts, Daze (Intimidation), Favored Foe: the Dead, Great Endurance, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative 2, Luck 5, Move-by Action, Quick Intimidation, Redirect, Skill Mastery: Athletics, Skill Mastery: Intimidation, Skill Mastery: Investigation, Speed of Thought, Startle, Takedown 2, Trance, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+6), Athletics 5 (+8), Expertise: Occult 1 (+6), Intimidation 11 (+10), Investigation 3 (+8), Sleight of Hand 8 (+8), Stealth 3 (+8), Treatment 1 (+6)

Powers
Chilling touch: Strength-based Damage 6 (DC 24; Accurate 3: +6)
Ectoplasmic armor: Protection 5 (+5 Toughness; Sustained; Noticeable: images of death)
Fluid movement
. . Can't outrun death: Speed 4 ([0 active, 0/4 PP, 1/r], Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
. . Skeletal wings: Flight 4 ([0 active, 0/4 PP, 1/r], Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Wings)
. . Stuttered movement: Movement 2 ([0 active, 0/4 PP, 2/r], Slithering, Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank)
Gravemists: Environment 1 (Cold, Impede Movement (2 ranks), Visibility (-5), Radius: 30 feet)
Howling winds: Enhanced Trait 10 (Traits: Dodge +5 (+12), Parry +5 (+12); Sustained; Noticeable: Howling winds)
Judgement: Luck Control 1 (Force a Re-roll)
Necromantic Cantrips: Feature 1 (Variable Descriptor: close group - Minor necomantic magics)
Of Two Worlds
. . Death Sight: Senses 8 (Postcognition, Precognition; Limited: Visions of death and decay)
. . Sight beyond the Veil: Senses 0 (Dimensional: dimension - Shadowlands)
. . The Dead Speak to Me: Comprehend 1 (Spirits - Communicate; Narrow Type: Ghosts)
Reach across the Mists (Dimensional: dimension - Shadowlands)

Offense
Initiative +13
Chilling touch: Strength-based Damage 6, +11 (DC 24)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 13)
Throw, +0 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 18)

Complications
Disability: Permanent Deathsight: She sees as the Dead do, death, destruction and decay. Hard to see the world of the Living that way.
Disability: Shyness: Painfully shy in mundane identity. Only costumed does she have confidence.
Disability:: Dead Broke: Not like the clients can pay...
Enemy: the Hierarchy: The Shroud must be protected from the Living
Motivation: Mobbed: The Restless know of her and ask favors in the land of the Quick.
Phobia: Large Bodies of Water

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 12/7, Parry 12/7, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 48 + Advantages 25 + Skills 11 (33 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 155

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

Dead men tell no tales.
But.. they do if you’re listening. Trying really hard to listen.
I can’t get them to shut up.

Umm, hi. I'm Sandy Harrison.

I was always a little bit different. Weird, and not in a good way. Morbid. People say that their dead relatives gives them words of encouragement from beyond the grave. Most of them are lying, to themselves or to other people. My parents were worried when I said that my grandma talked to me. I learned the lie the other way, that I couldn’t talk to dead people. I also never told them about my well… my friends that weren’t imaginary.

School was lonely until I met Kelly. She understood me. I connected to her more than anyone else. It was so special. We were on the pier, hanging out, smiling and laughing. She asked me to do a Tarot reading for her. She wanted to see what her future lie in store for her. I laid out the cards for her and was dismayed what I saw. It wasn’t love in her future, it was death. Before I could tell her, a car drove out and some guys from school jumped out. One of them held me so that I couldn’t fight. The other laughed as he threw Kelly into the bay. He said that he wanted to see if witches could swim. I tried to fight them off, yelling that Kelly couldn’t swim… but neither could I. I watched her drown before me. With her last gasp she made me promise that I would get back at them.

It took a lot of work, a lot of training, but six months later I did. They would never hurt anyone, on this side, again. I turned away and Kelly said goodby as she walked into the light. She was gone, her purpose ended. Since then, I’ve become popular in the Shadowlands. Sometimes what they ask me to do is easy. Other times, it’s a lot harder. I’ve attracted some bad attention from that side too. Seems that the powers that be don’t like the Dead and the Quick keeping company. They’re after me, I know it’s just a matter of time before they bring me to their side.

Until then, I’m helping the Dead when I can. It doesn’t exactly pay the bills though.

Would you like fries with that?

Inspired by Raven's Story from Twisted Metal Black.
Last edited by Spectrum on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Macynsnow your damage and to hit is PL14
Shadow13

Post by Shadow13 »

Code Name: “Ghost” due to him being half native. Need a good animal name
Eye Color Hair Color

Concept
Half Native/Irish Skin walker

Background

Not much is known concerning Tom’s past. Tom is the product of a union of an Irish father and Native woman.

His mother is descended from X tribe. She left home when she met Tom’s dad who was in the military. The family traveled around from duty station to duty station.

Tom was different growing up. While he had emotions his interaction with people was different. This lead to him to being a lone wolf to speak where ever he went. He joined the military and after a combat tour he was placed on extended leave while a medical board evaluated him for possible mental discharge.

He came home changed and his mom could see changes in him only she understood. She sent him to her old reservation to find answers. He left home, seeking the answers, and ended up on at the American Indian reservation, where he stumbled into a fight and was knocked unconscious. He was found by a powerful shaman, who taught him about what he was.

The spirits told him that he was to walk a warrior’s path.

He ended up in jail after he attacked the son of a local sheriff who had raped a young Indian girl. Tom killed the son, the guy’s friends who helped and then tore through the local police force as they tried to protect the local gang from him.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Corrigon wrote:Macynsnow your damage and to hit is PL14
yeah looks like hes got some pl issues

his offensive pl is 15 actually +12 hit +18 damage well over limits

his defensive pl is 11.5 with a defense of 8 and a toughness of 15 (+14 stamina +1 protection) for a totoal combined pl of 13.5

and his saves are off due to the discrepancy in his abilities.

beyond those corrections he looks like a solid tank, skills and feats are fine and backgrounds easy to fit in.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Spectrum love the look of the character and concept only a couple small things. I'm using some house rules included on the front page regarding skills and such so you might have some points to play around with.

My only concern is if she and Sebastian might accidently trip on each other a little in concept, as they do seem to skew slightly close to each other death and shadows that sort of thing. still their might be some room to roam here.

Catsi stories
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Thanks for the quick review and reply Catsi. I've added the background narration.

Any particular areas where you would shave the points? I thought that I dropped most of the fluffy bits like you recommended, but I might still be too fluffy :)

I'm also not completely happy with the image. I'll keep looking.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Happy birthday again kenma!

What are your thoughts on Raven? I don't want to step on your toes.
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Spectrum wrote:I'm also not completely happy with the image. I'll keep looking.
Have you tried Hero Machine? I use it to make images all the time. Admittedly Dusk isn't one of my best pictures (though I did learn some new tricks I'm willing to try out when I've the time) but it's still a great portrait creator.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

... and Spectrum was never heard of again :)

Eeeeeevil
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

its Kenmas birthday?? :shock:

happy birfday!! a hero point and an a exp point to mr Sebastian for your leveling day.

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Thanks for the quick review and reply Catsi. I've added the background narration.

Any particular areas where you would shave the points? I thought that I dropped most of the fluffy bits like you recommended, but I might still be too fluffy

I'm also not completely happy with the image. I'll keep looking.
I don't know I like the image personally it really fits with my interpretation of the death cycle in the universe and its cosmology.

but I'm weird that way :P

let me look her over and see what weve got.

Catsi stories
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Sorta a blending of elements from Raven (Twisted Metal Black), Batman and Odd Thomas.