Going Rogue OOC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Nintendogeek01

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Took me a while to come up with what I thought was an appropriate response for Colonel Dusk, not having a good day today though so I'm not sure if my judgement was accurate.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:06 pm Took me a while to come up with what I thought was an appropriate response for Colonel Dusk, not having a good day today though so I'm not sure if my judgement was accurate.
No it was In my opinion shes used to soldiers dying but this one hit close to her. plus she doesnt share nenias perspective so I can see her being a bit defensive or responding with aggressions probably the wrong word but it seems to fit.

Shes being asked to put the fate of one of her own into the hands of an unknown quantity shes going to be a bit wound tight
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Looks really good to me.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

In reference to calling Nenia "lass" even if the sex is undetermined....Nenia would sound feminine to Daniel's irish ears,so he'd refer to "them" using female adjective's untill told otherwise.

He would also infer that when Nenia referred to Oaf as "The Fool",she was referencing his Codename,not his personality.So,our resident red-headed irishman would try to play peacekeeper.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I'm starting to suspect that I may not have communicated the questioning correctly. It's fine if there are IC misunderstandings, it builds story. I don't want there to be OOC hard feelings.

Nenia isn't asking you to give her an answer. She's asking that each of you have an answer that you can live with before we do this thing. Hooligan hit it exactly on the head.. sideways. Rather than asking 'what would you do to save a loved one?' the question is 'if you can do this.. why didn't you save so many other loved ones?' What makes Oaf worth saving when dear old Uncle Ben or Martha Wayne were left to die?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Spectrum wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:28 am I'm starting to suspect that I may not have communicated the questioning correctly. It's fine if there are IC misunderstandings, it builds story. I don't want there to be OOC hard feelings.

Nenia isn't asking you to give her an answer. She's asking that each of you have an answer that you can live with before we do this thing. Hooligan hit it exactly on the head.. sideways. Rather than asking 'what would you do to save a loved one?' the question is 'if you can do this.. why didn't you save so many other loved ones?' What makes Oaf worth saving when dear old Uncle Ben or Martha Wayne were left to die?
Ah,i think i understand better now,thank you.And there wasn't any OOC hard feelings to that all from me,as IC misunderstandings happen when no one else understands the connetations(?) of a phrase.
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Spectrum wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:28 am I'm starting to suspect that I may not have communicated the questioning correctly. It's fine if there are IC misunderstandings, it builds story. I don't want there to be OOC hard feelings.
Yeah no, no hard feelings at all.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Wonder where Spectrum got off to?It's been a while since his last post....
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

"THIS IS A BUMP,REPEAT THIS IS ONLY A BUMP...." :D
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Thought i'd let you know Nintendogeek01,i'm not having Hooligan purposely antagonise Dusk,it's just how Daniel's personality is.He's a slightly affectionate and gregarious person by nature(especially due to the nature of his home life as a child),so if he thinks you need a friend he'll try to fill that role(weither you agree with him or not).I think Catsei clued into it faster than anyone else when i put down the "Colonel Darling" crack,as it was used by Actor Kevin Conway in the 1993 movie Gettysburg(he played an Irish Color(Gunnery now)Sargent named Buster Killrain) who was close to the 20th Main's Col.Joshua Chamberlain....
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

I figured as much, I'm not personally annoyed OOC; That whole thing is just me keeping in-character with Dusk. It hasn't come up a whole lot (I only remember one instance that show-cased her hesitancy to touch someone) but she doesn't like casual physical contact, I wanted it to be a minor thing that showcased some difference in culture; to her and her culture physical contact must serve either a practical purpose or be used to showcase a strong degree of trust between friends; exactly where those lines are drawn may vary of course.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Sorry guys, having a hard time thinking of anything good.

I log in, check the boards, look at Macyn spewing 'verbal' diarrhea on everything and turn right back around.

I'll try to come up with something soon.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:39 pm I log in, check the boards, look at Macyn spewing 'verbal' diarrhea on everything and turn right back around.
I'll be polite to everyone here and not respond to the above on this thread(this IS the GAME thread for Going Rogue,after all),but do expect a Private Message from me sometime soon so that we may hash out any differences we have in Private....
Please have a great day ergardless! :D
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I haven't responded to the new post yet catsei cause i'm waiting untill after Nintendogeek01 does, as Dusk was given the Papers and she's in charge...
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Not a worry macy were all good :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories