Going Rogue OOC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by Spectrum »

With kenma being out, should I just jump ahead in the story? If so, to where?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Spectrum wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:19 am With kenma being out, should I just jump ahead in the story? If so, to where?
Go ahead and jump to her showing up at phalanxe and talking to the receptionist. Ill have Sebastian on a short side mission to pay the price he has to pay to Rose for getting him to Nenia.

Also when kens ready we can flashback to the conversation between Nenia and Sebastian as an interlude. For now lets presume that he successfully convinced her to help find Oafs spirit and shes as caught up as she can be on current events.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You know,i think it's been a good 8 turns for this spar.You want to just call it a draw,Nintendo? ;)
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

I was planning on calling it once Dusk landed a hit to confirm how tough he was... but that staggered condition called it. From an IC perspective she'd risk serious injury if she continued.

EDIT: Fast grab makes it so that your first attack check to land a hit is all you need. It's up to your opponent's strength or dodge resist to decide whether the grab finds purchase.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:50 pm I was planning on calling it once Dusk landed a hit to confirm how tough he was... but that staggered condition called it. From an IC perspective she'd risk serious injury if she continued.

EDIT: Fast grab makes it so that your first attack check to land a hit is all you need. It's up to your opponent's strength or dodge resist to decide whether the grab finds purchase.
So those to fast grab rolls really were useless after all......
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

NG on a serious note did you want me to alter or edit that bit with Dusk? it felt right but if you had some more in depth writing let me know and ill edit accordingly ok?
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Eh... it's close enough to what I was thinking of doing. Not exactly what I'd do but close enough. My OOC reaction was partly due to a still fresh memory of a recent GM subverting my character's agency frequently.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:28 pm Eh... it's close enough to what I was thinking of doing. Not exactly what I'd do but close enough. My OOC reaction was partly due to a still fresh memory of a recent GM subverting my character's agency frequently.
Yeah I apologize for that I have a tendency to go for the visual imagery. I try to keep any such subversion as it were in character and strictly for plot purposes and as often as I can with the input of the player.

Do let me know if I ever overstep in that regards that goes for everyone and ill edit as needed.

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:42 pm
Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:28 pm Eh... it's close enough to what I was thinking of doing. Not exactly what I'd do but close enough. My OOC reaction was partly due to a still fresh memory of a recent GM subverting my character's agency frequently.
Yeah I apologize for that I have a tendency to go for the visual imagery. I try to keep any such subversion as it were in character and strictly for plot purposes and as often as I can with the input of the player.

Do let me know if I ever overstep in that regards that goes for everyone and ill edit as needed.
I don't mind one way or the other,so long as it fits the story & character thematically(being an old Rper make you believe 'story-over-slashing ') :)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

As an intresting note,i've starting making Playlist's for the Games i'm in just for immersion's sake.So here's the Going Rogue list,enjoy! :D
GOING ROGUE PLAYLIST:
Group Song:The Outsiders-Eric Church

INDIVIDUAL
Nenia:This Night-Black Lab
Hooligan:Shipping Up To Boston-Dropkick Murphy
Colonel Dusk:Soldier-Fleurie
Portia:Fight like a Girl-Emilie Autumn
Sebastian:Something Wicked(That Way Went)-Vernian Process
Uplift:Clockwork Vaudeville-Steam Powered Giraffe

DUETS
Hooligan/Nenia:Run On-Blues Saraceno
Hooligan/Col.Dusk:Bartender(Sittin' at a Bar)-Rehab
Hooligan/Portia:Remember the Name-fort Minor,Styles of Beyond
Hooligan/Sebastian:Born on The Bayou-Credence Clearwater Revival
Hooligan/Uplift:Lights come on-Jason Aldean
Hooligan/Morpheus:Penthouse Pauper-Molly Hatchet
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nice creepy entrance spectrum! :D
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

I have no idea what any of those songs are
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

I... recognize Born on the Bayou and Bartender right off the bat. A few other artists I recognize but the songs escape me.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

NDIVIDUAL
Nenia:This Night-Black Lab
Hooligan:Shipping Up To Boston-Dropkick Murphy
Well those two were introduced with the two characters and they really do fit nicely
Colonel Dusk:Soldier-Fleurie
And I really like this one for Dusk

especially this line

Quiet now you're gonna wake the beast
Hide your soul out of his reach
Sebastian:Something Wicked(That Way Went)-Vernian Process
Had to listen to that one for a bit but yeah I can see that for him.
Portia: Fight like a Girl-Emilie Autumn
Same with that one for Portia
Uplift: Clockwork Vaudeville-Steam Powered Giraffe
that's craziness :)

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Corrigon wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:48 pm I have no idea what any of those songs are
Whenever i'm reading/writing/typing,i like to listen to music.A "Movie" Soundtrack,if you will,that would best(or in some cases,closest)represents each character IMHO.There all just my opinion,so feel free to make recomendations and i'll change them to taste.... :D