Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Post Reply
kenmadragon
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by kenmadragon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:50 am

The Shadow-Man

"Going, got it! Well get close - group transport's tricky enough, so-!" the Shadow-Man called from atop the fluffy couch, motioning for them to hold still long enough for him to get over there and warp them out.

Prof Weird
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:10 am

Portia
HP : 0
Condition : normal

Noticing that Dusk has been attacked relentlessly (for no discernable reason), Portia moves next to the beleaguered alien and goes into pure defense.
Using Deflection 12 - any physical attack within 15' of her can be thrown right back at whoever threw it.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:29 pm

Everyone

As the team prepares to back out to a better vantage point suddenly everything goes haywire. Sebastian feels it first as hes readying a spell to counter and defend them. The runes set into the floor by the trio suddenly blaze to life and a bright green arcane circle of fel flame roars to life. The Cricle is broad and VERY powerful and it surrounds everyone.

Sebastian has mere seconds to adjust the power of the circle to accommodate them because he feels the deadly intent in the users power. Anyone not protected by him will DIE. Its a matter of pure will that he pushes against, feeling the power he recognizes from the hospital as the he battles his will against the sorceress and comes out ahead.

The team feels a whoomp and pull and a sudden disorientation as bright green flames roar up around them, then the sound and fury die down and the team finds itself in a warehouse surrounded on all sides by people in black armor and a lot of gold bullion beneath their feet.

Standing near by is a woman in a dark cloak of black and blood red who lowers her hands as she finishes the spell which brought everyone here.

"WHAT?!!" She curses as she lays eyes on you all 'YOU FOOLS!!" She roars at Cohort whose recovering near by "You let them follow you!"

She punctuates this last part by lashing out with her hand and causing the three Super villains at once to Howl in sheerest agony as her spell rips into them then flings them bodily into a wall.

Meanwhile one of the armored men the red Arachnos symbol on his chest barks orders at the others "Kill them all!!"

The armored agents raise their weapons in unison and open fire Blaster fire bounces off Oafs back as he shields his friends save Dusk whose shield covers her nicely, and Uplift who is back at the mansion.

Meanwhile The red woman sees Sebastian and snarls wickedly "You.. you were the one who thwarted me at the hospital, you wont survive this time!" A fel green glow comes from her eyes under the deep hood as she readies a potent spell.

ok new round new contenders

Portia 26
Sebastian 23 bruised x1
Dementia _: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16

Col Dusk 10 bruised x1
Oaf 9 (heroes first) bruised x1
Uplift 7
Arachnos agents go last

Everyone gets a hero point for the complication.

Uplift can observe and offer advice through the teams commlinks though getting there requires a little work.

Portia may attack at will.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Prof Weird
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:52 am

Portia
HP : 1
Condition : normal (oddly enough ...)

"Well, THIS is a rather vile turn of events !" Mei noted to herself, "We've been teleported to who knows where, in the presence of a violent sorceress in a very bad mood !

With a squad of armed Arachnos agents with orders to 'shoot to kill'.

Not much I can do against ranged or energy weapons; my Deflection only works on material threats.

On the plus side, we have numbers and a magic user on our team. Who defeated her once."


"I'll try to clear out the guys with guns."
she stated through the commlink, "I am - somewhat familiar with their tactics."
Now, to see if my luck has turned ...
Setting Chi Boost to Speed 1, Leaping 1, Wall Crawl 1.
Using half of her available Move to get within 10' of the most tightly grouped Arachnos agents.

Power Attack -2/+2 with her kusari for +12 to hit, +7 damage. Thanks to Takedown and a 10' range, she might be able to take out a few of these guys.
(assuming, of course, they are minions, and she actually managed to HIT and DAMAGE them.)

Then using rest of move to get to cover (Move-by Action), invoking Hide In Plain Sight.
Stealth _: 1D20+11 = [14]+11 = 25
- may be hard to find after that attack ...

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:57 pm

Portia

Portias sudden movement takes the Spiders off guard as she lashes out at first one, then another, then a third and so on. Her chain whiirrrls and humms like a living thing as it blurs through the air as fast as its mistress. Portia neatly avoids any return fire as she dances across the warehouse floor before lashing out, her chains heavy weighted end slams into the first soldiers jaw with a bone crushing sound, before Portia wraps the length around his neck and sends him flipping to the air.

The second an third soldiers are forced to duck their now airborne buddy and thus fall victim as Portia lands an Axe kick on one guys neck driving his face into the floor, while slamming the weighted end into the other one causing him to jerk backwards where Portia drops him with a wicked fast series of kicks that climb his body from sternum to face.

A smooth dodge and deft side step keep her clear of a couple of wild shots from one guard and a mace swing from another. Portia explodes into motion and a series of hard impacts later two men drop to the ground in need of medical attention for the various injuries she has inflicted.

Finally As the last one drops Portia chain and all simply steps to one side of a pallet of crates and vanishes into the shadows.

The remaining Arachnos troops look around in vain trying to find her but with no success.

--ooOoo--

Meanwhile Sebastian finds himself flinging spell and counter spell at the woman before him, the icy beauty of her face a sharp contrast to the evil intent in her eyes. Hes seen dark before, hell hes even don't some dark things but this, this... there are lines one shouldn't cross and when one does it leaves a mark on a person. This woman has crossed that line with gleeful abandon and as he narrowly counters a spell intended to burn his eyes out of their sockets he sees with a little more clarity some of the things both Majax and Dr. Arcane had spoken to him about in the past.

bad guys are minions this is meant to be a semi shot skirmish only the Huntsman is a tough minion rank 2

So that hits them all no sweat. Ill give you 5 of them easy thanks to the reach and speed.

Their toughness saves here

suffice to say they all fail and drop

None of them can match the stealth roll so for the moment Portia is hidden

Portia 26
Sebastian 23 bruised x1
Dementia _: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16
Col Dusk 10 bruised x1
Oaf 9 (heroes first) bruised x1
Uplift 7
Arachnos agents go last 5 down 7 up

Mr Sebastian is up :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

kenmadragon
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by kenmadragon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:38 am

The Shadow-Man
HP: 3 Cond: Bruised -1

"Ah, and I vaguely remember you!" Sebastian retorted as the sorceress turned her gaze on him. It wasn't good, she was really focused. Focus like that was dangerous when dealing with dark powers. The sorcerer should know - he used to deal with them himself, and they were dangerous on their own, but focus was so much worse. "Honestly, your failure wasn't even my fault. You were the one who didn't think that one through. Like those infernal pacts you're running on. Now those are probably what made you stupid. I know they made me stupid!

So he had to make her unfocused. And then prey upon the one weakness of every sorcerer that wasn't a living conduit of dimensional magic and capable of his tricks - the need to speak and gesture. Majax and Dr. Arcane had that issue. They had also warned him of the dangers in the past. She suffered for it, with each incantations and mudra to summon the demonic powers her mind had shattered in order to channel. Oh so many dangers.

He saw them now. This witch was completely polluted with infernal power and it was shattering her mind. The price for their use was going to be heavy, and Sebastian was rather glad he had managed to escape his. Times like these made him appreciate how lucky he was, to be able to use magic without having to resort to such deals. Not anymore.

Nevertheless, it would do well to deal with the sorceress so he could have the presence of mind to drag his allies into the Shadow-Realms towards Darkholme. Dark energy swirled as he ducked and defended against her fell powers, conjuring shadowy chains and bindings to surge towards her quickly, binding her wrists and snaking up to lock her arms together. Tendrils of darkness twisted and writhed to hold her tight in their grasp as they moved to snake round her throat and lash tight her mouth, holding her tongue to prevent speech. The encroaching shadows couldn't hide the smirk on Sebastian's face.
This is one of those things where the descriptors of the powers are essentially going to be the same, but the mechanics of how I want to do this are, well, not entirely clear.

Can I use Continuous Create Object or Move Object to construct chains to bind her hands, and basically prey on the fact that all spellcasters (except for Sebastian, whose bloodline lets him cheat that rule) need to gesture and speak? Because I would get a 1d20+10=26 on the attack roll to land the Create/Move on her. Would rather the Create to be honest, though if it's Move, that's also a Damaging effect. But if I can do it with Create, I'd like to do so, because Continuous means I don't need to maintain concentration on it.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:00 pm

Sebastian

The ripple of shadowy tendrils whips across the ground like an ebon wave as it seeks to wrap around and bind Dementia. The Dark Witch is no slouch in the mystic department and weaves a curtain of green fel fire around her in an attempt to fight and burn off the shadows that attack her. but the shadows are quicker and Sebastian more cunning then her in that moment and her defenses are overwhelemed and she's wrapped up tight n a shadowy web.

well use the damaging Move object for the effect as discussed

Dementia will counter instantly with her mystic damage her counter roll _: 1D20+12 = [12]+12 = 24


Sebastian gets a hero point for the isnta counter and must roll a 24 or better on his powers rank 10 effect to beat her

Dementias action is next depending on Sebastians power roll.

Edit: Sebastian 30 beats her and shes grappled and held as of this moment

Dementia will hold her action for now.

Portia 26
Sebastian 23 bruised x1
Dementia _: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16
Col Dusk 10 bruised x1
Oaf 9 (heroes first) bruised x1
Uplift 7
Arachnos agents go last 5 down 7 up

Col Dusk is up NG when youre ready.
Last edited by catsi563 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

kenmadragon
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by kenmadragon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:08 pm

The Shadow-Man
HP: 3 Cond: Bruised -1
Rolling Power Check for Damaging Move Object 10 - Power Check: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30

Holy crap. :shock:

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:15 pm

that works Shes bound for now, Dusk is up.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:55 pm

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 2/5
Hero Points: 4 >> 3
Condition: 3 bruise, staggered


There the team was, in front of the real enemy they were brought together to combat. Dusk herself was showing the wear from the previous battle, her armor was showing the marks of repeated energy blasts, her eye and opposite cheek bruised from repeated blows to the face, a small smear of purple blood on the corner of her lips, and her long white hair had now fully unraveled from her braid into a long disheveled mess.

And still there was a fire in her eyes.

"You know what to do!" Dusk barks out as Portia and Sebastian had already begun engaging as they will, and going after the targets she hoped they would. Dusk's jaw still hurt a lot from Phalanx's blow, but that wasn't important now, "Blow them away, or crush them under your heel! Whatever you do, you fight! To! Win!" she bellowed with all the force of will she could muster to stir the team to do their best!

OOC
--------------
Move Action: Staggered.

Standard Action: I will spend a hero point to use Dusk's inspire advantage; everyone gets +5 to their checks next round.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:14 pm

Everyone

Oaf lumbers up and with a sweep of a large tree branch of an arm wipes the floor clean of three of the Arachnos agents sending them flying painfully into the walls of the warehouse.

"Oaf not like spidermen Oaf Smash spiders!" He roars in that deep boss rumble as the agents remaining pour ineffective return fire into the Behemoth which only serves to annoy him further.

The Huntsman whose leading them though takes a different tactic and attempts to take down Dusk. He opens fire with a sizzling red blast from his Arachnos warmace. the toxic beam slam into the Colonels shield though as she brings it to bear. She can see the red energy sizzling and smoking as it eats away at the shields energy.

--ooOoo--

Mean while Uplift finds himself in a difficult situation. The team has vanished from the vault along with the gold and all three--or is that nine--villains. Now the Alarms have been set off alerting locals authorities, his own authority technically has been revoked, and hes basically trespassing on the property of someone with a lot of local pull.

"Uplift its Morpheus, whats the teams status I cant reach any of them."

Oafs gonna use his size and log swing a group of the agents.

There saves aren't enough against his strength and reach so he flattens 3 of them leaving 4 of them left and the Huntsman

The agents fire into Oaf but evne with a hit then cant harm him.

The huntsman is a tough mook he will fire at Dusk whose got his attention

The huntsmans roll with his Mace blast _: 1D20+7 = [2]+7 = 9
is a miss

Uplift is technically up but not on site though he can act

Portia is also up and ready to go.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Prof Weird
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:11 am

Portia
HP : 1
Condition : normal

Mei watched as the Arachnos agents flew through the air from Oaf's attack, then slammed into the walls.

"Well, THAT thinned their ranks out pretty well !" she noted, "Just four left, plus their leader. Shouldn't take much more to clear out the mooks, so we can concentrate on the main threat - the sorceress the Shadow Man currently has pinned down."

With that, she leapt into action, whirling her chain at far greater speed than it should be able to go.
Power Attacking for 3 and Takedown - with Dusk's +5 Inspire, Portia is +16 to hit, +8 damage.
The attack _: 1D20+16 = [20]+16 = 36

Well, that's going to be painful - natural 20 for a critical ! Those poor mooks are facing a DC28 Toughness check !

Better them than me ! :twisted:

Corrigon
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:53 am

Uplift
catsi563 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:14 pm
--ooOoo--

Mean while Uplift finds himself in a difficult situation. The team has vanished from the vault along with the gold and all three--or is that nine--villains. Now the Alarms have been set off alerting locals authorities, his own authority technically has been revoked, and he's basically trespassing on the property of someone with a lot of local pull.

"Uplift its Morpheus, whats the teams status I cant reach any of them."

"They're all gone. Disappeared along with the gold and left me here on me todd." Uplift responded to Morpheus, "tracking them now with a trace on the energy signature we covered the gold with, but I need to get out of here before the authorities turn up. I don't think we want my pardon getting revoked. Uplift packed up his gear and began disconnecting from the server, scrambling the footage where needed to cover their tracks, backing up certain key files but leaving a trace on files in case somebody was to come along and try to delete information.


"Sending you some info I found on the server. Should find it interesting, especially as either the owner or his security guy are in on the heist." With that, Uplift left the site and headed back to the mansion.

As I am already in the system and in complete control, I am creating a backdoor for me to hack in whenever I like and nobody notice.
backdoor - Expertise computers: 1d20+18 28

Figure that there is not much Uplift can do at the moment, but he can finish up the other bits and pieces for the investigation

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:25 pm

Portia

Portia promptly goes into a martial arts routine that looks like a choreographed dance routine. Arms and legs flicker about as blurs of motion, and the chain she wields whips and wrrrrs through the air like a song. The end result of this impromptu ballet is that the remaining four Wolf Spider agents collapse into a pile of unconscious bodies in need of medical attention.

Yeah that hits and they couldn't make the save in their wildest little mook dreams so theyre all done

Only Dementia and the Huntsman remain

Sebastian is up.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Uplift
They're all gone. Disappeared along with the gold and left me here on me todd." Uplift responded to Morpheus, "tracking them now with a trace on the energy signature we covered the gold with, but I need to get out of here before the authorities turn up. I don't think we want my pardon getting revoked. Uplift packed up his gear and began disconnecting from the server, scrambling the footage where needed to cover their tracks, backing up certain key files but leaving a trace on files in case somebody was to come along and try to delete information.


"Sending you some info I found on the server. Should find it interesting, especially as either the owner or his security guy are in on the heist." With that, Uplift left the site and headed back to the mansion.
"Understood Uplift, the Police have arrived but I'll handle them just head to the front gate I'll be waiting for you."

Easy tech check you have established a backdoor into the system and have access to all sorts of juicy data

As an aside this chapters coming to a quick end followed by a brief blurb then our newest characters join us
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Post Reply