Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenmadragon

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by kenmadragon »

The Shadow-Man
HP: 2

Contrary to trend, Sebastian wasn't a suit or any such variation for this excursion. In fact, it seemed almost odd that the sorcerer was simply wearing business casual. Still monochromatic shades, but far less formal. He didn't pay the guards any real mind, though one of them had the faint odor of having lived closed to a troll's nest in his youth - which explained the brutish build. It took a certain degree of churlishness to be unmolested by a troll as a child. Nothing to write home about, though.

In fact, once inside the vault, Sebastian's laid back demeanor changed at the sight of some of the 'treasures' within the vault. In addition to the gold bullion, he noticed that there were a few magical signatures - faint, as they were - which struck him as somewhat of a waste in the vault of a man who knew not their power. He stared long and hard at one particular ukiyoe painting of a tiger defending a mountain from a horde of youkai, frowning, for a few minutes before continuing on with his particular duties. No sense in telling the man what he had in that painting. Less chance of Aignsworth realizing what it was, and doing something stupid. Like, letting it out.

Sebastian had done enough of that.

"All done here, as well. Though I must say, there are a few things I wouldn't mind having for myself. Aignsworth doesn't know what he really has with some of this stuff. There's an old bronze chalice in his collection that's of excellent spiritual quality for use in rituals." he said as he and Uplift joined the others.
I rolled a 23 right off the bat for Initiative. Which means my rolls might suck for when the feces hit the air circulating unit...
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

"Ooooooo shiiiiny!" Oaf ooos and awwws as he goggles at the brilliant wealth all around him.

Everyone is a bit star struck as its only natural in the presence of such opulence. Still everyone reasserts their professionalism quickly and begins the process of readying the defense against the attack they know is coming. Soon everyone is set up nearby in a security room that they can use to monitor the vault and it contents and react quickly to any incursion.

As they work though both Portia and Uplift catch each others eye, they both nod at each other as both seem to have come to the same conclusion.

Oafs Initiative _: 1D20 = [9] = 9

that puts everyone at the following

and the trios _: 1D20+9 = [16]+9 = 25
1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19
1D20+11 = [9]+11 = 20

So initaitve Is as follows when it kicks in

Portia 26
Cohort 25
Sebastian 23
Phalanx 20
Col Dusk 10
Oaf 9 (heroes first)
Battalion 9
Uplift 7

PM sent to corrigon and prof to allow them to explain as they see fit
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Uplift

"Sebastian, no making off with the stuff. Though if there is anything particularly dangerous, perhaps we should."

He'd seen signs like this before and it explained a lot. It also meant they had another problem which needed identifying. Activating the comlink, he selected group chat.

"Team, I think they might have an inside man. That is the only thing that makes sense to allow them to pull off this heist. "

He started accessing the computer to figure out whom it was but quickly found himself distracted by the security system having never had the opportunity to examine one, strictly for honest purposes he assured himself.

ooc
Uplift's scientific curiousity is Activating one of his complications. he will be distracted when they arrive unless somebody is able to stop him
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 5/5
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Normal

Corrigon wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:34 pm"Team, I think they might have an inside man. That is the only thing that makes sense to allow them to pull off this heist."
Colonel Dusk's face remained surprisingly still despite this news. She did noticeably freeze in posture when Uplift revealed his new intel, but her face remained as stern as ever as she opened her mouth to respond into the comms. "Explain," she said rather plainly "From my observations they have masks, numbers, and, by your species' standards, supernormal abilities. It seems to me they'd be quite capable of forcing their way through these crimes."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Portia
HP : 1
Condition : normal
Nintendogeek01 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:29 pm Colonel Dusk's face remained surprisingly still despite this news. She did noticeably freeze in posture when Uplift revealed his new intel, but her face remained as stern as ever as she opened her mouth to respond into the comms. "Explain," she said rather plainly "From my observations they have masks, numbers, and, by your species' standards, supernormal abilities. It seems to me they'd be quite capable of forcing their way through these crimes."
"This is not the sort of job that can be successfully done with just force." Portia chimed in, "A properly done heist requires brains and force to get in and out as quickly as possible; those three are the force, but lack the brains or ambition to plan something like this. From what I've seen of them, they are the 'smash and grab' class of criminal. Just looking for quick, easy ways to earn money. This caper - seems beyond them. I'd guess they are working for someone else."
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:49 am"This is not the sort of job that can be successfully done with just force." Portia chimed in, "A properly done heist requires brains and force to get in and out as quickly as possible; those three are the force, but lack the brains or ambition to plan something like this. From what I've seen of them, they are the 'smash and grab' class of criminal. Just looking for quick, easy ways to earn money. This caper - seems beyond them. I'd guess they are working for someone else."
"That suggests the existence of a commander," Colonel Dusk replied with a frown, "Not an insider."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Portia

"As a military commander yourself, what would be the most efficient way of getting your forces inside a heavily defended position ?

Have someone on the inside let you in. Much like the way we got into this vault."
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Uplift

"Using codes to bypass this system is a damn straight easier than brute forcing your way inside. Ooh interesting code type" he said distracted
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

" There may be something to this Colonel, When I was arraigning for you to be present I noted a distinct antipathy to the offer. It forced me to use a somewhat underhanded tactic to effect your presence." Morpheus adds into the conversation.

"The Antipathy came from Aingsworth himself." Morpheus pauses as if thinking or checking something on his end at the base

"Damn!" the curse is sudden "I apologize Colonel I may have accidently compromised your operation. "

As he says this Portia who is monitoring the vault notices three security guards in enter the vault on a sweep patrol they've done for the last hour. Usually they check the vaults mechanism and then move on, This time though the trio pauses at the vault door and then enters the codes to open the door. The security office which Uplift is has wired into alerts that the vault is open and that proper security procedures have been followed.

The guard is listed in the systems security as one Johnny Triplet.

The three guards walk into the vault and spread out around the room specifically the massive stack of gold bullion and then promptly explode into action. As each guard suddenly has 2 brothers each. Nine men surround the stack in a circle where they all lay something on the ground at each point.

Sebastian recognizes the pattern almost immediately as a simple easily used charm transport he feels the mystic winds blowing through the manor as the energy is focused on a single act. The use of the written charms to transport the gold to a secure location.

The theft has begun.

So initaitve Is as follows when it kicks in

Portia 26
Cohort 25
Sebastian 23
Phalanx 20
Col Dusk 10
Oaf 9 (heroes first)
Battalion 9
Uplift 7

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Prof Weird

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird »

Portia

"Okay everyone - the burglary is underway RIGHT NOW !" Portia shouts before sprinting out of the room, figuring to attack one of the Cohort triplets (he's the martial artist, right ?), and hopefully disrupt the spell they're trying to cast.
Using chi to boost her speed, Quick Draw to get her chain weapon out, then using Whirling Chain Barrage, Power Atk for 2, for +8 multiattack damage, +12 to hit _: 1D20+12 = [17]+12 = 29
Wow - she may have actually HIT someone for a change !
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

The Shadow-Man
HP: 2

"Oh, I hate inside jobs when they're not mine." Sebastian muttered irritably. "Inside jobs in general, too."

Moving quickly towards the vault, Sebastian bit back curses - both expletives and verbal magical assaults - as he noted the flux of magical energy in the area rapidly shifting towards the vault and the mystical markers placed on the gold bullion. The winds of aether swirl around the mansion and converge upon the markers placed upon the circle, and Sebastian knows this will be a tight fit, but if he's fast enough, he can beat them too it. Nine markers placed at the 8 Directions of the Rose, with a central focal point. Their spell would draw power from the surroundings, tapping the free energy unbound to any dweomer of font of power, the winds of magic would be drawn to form a circle around the gold, bound by the circle of eight, like a storm of magic.

But like any storm, there was a vulnerability.

Hand stretched out, the sorcerer felt his body come apart as flesh and bone discorporated into living shadow before dissipating into thin air. Traveling the weird ways as Sebastian's body shifted between time and space in the span of instants frozen in the vast reaches of the dimensions, his consciousness flitted quickly as he allowed the aetheric pull of the teleportation spell draw him in. Brought spinning on those winds of mana, Sebastian made his will manifest as he directed his personal energies to move in tune to the storm. Then the moment he was close enough - metaphysically speaking - the warlock twisted his energies in the contrary direction, breaking out of the storm of mana into it's eyes.

Shadows erupted from within the vault, just above the golden bullion as Sebastian Blackwood manifested from the darkness of his shadow magic, hands seizing ebon tendrils of dark sorcery. The sorcerer smiled a wicked grin. "Who said you could just teleport out of here?"

Sebastian's magic flowed from his hand, moving quickly in contrary directions to the aetheric flow of the talisman magic used by these three-bit thugs who failed to understand the might of a true sorcerer.
Use Teleport to get onto the Gold Bullion, hopefully before their spell goes off. Then Ready an action to Counter their Teleport/Movement with my own Teleport power. Because Like can be used to Counter Like.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Uplift

Intrigued by the system, he wasn't paying attention as trouble began, as he paid more attention to learning more about the security system.

ooc
will take a HP for activating his complication and skipping his first turn before presumably one of the team chews him out for that
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk

"Naturally having an insider would be eaiser," Colonel Dusk concedes, "But planting one in the first place takes time and resources, so what evidence leads you to suggest that there is one present?"
catsi563 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:22 pm Everyone

" There may be something to this Colonel, When I was arraigning for you to be present I noted a distinct antipathy to the offer. It forced me to use a somewhat underhanded tactic to effect your presence." Morpheus adds into the conversation.

"The Antipathy came from Aingsworth himself." Morpheus pauses as if thinking or checking something on his end at the base

"Damn!" the curse is sudden"I apologize Colonel I may have accidently compromised your operation."
"What?" Dusk asks with a degree of aggravation and weariness. The fact that the door opened and three visitors suddenly split into nine didn't help, "Damn! You know what to do!" she shouted as her teammates moved to engage! Dusk herself drew her sword, and instead of properly wearing her shield she held it in her hand and hurled it like a heavy-metal frisbee! The shield flew in an arc around Portia to fly low toward the man who Portia was running towards! The shield would start its return arc just shy of hitting him, but it would make him less able to dodge out of Portia's way.

OOC
--------------
Move Action: Move forward slightly, hopefully enough to where I could interpose for any one teammate.

Standard Action: Use the aid action to give Portia an attack bonus, roll includes teamwork bonus: 1d20+15 = 16 ... good thing that was an aid action and not a team attack.

Result of Standard Action: Portia gets +2 to her attack roll.
--------------

The bracelet on Dusk's shield arm glows slightly which adjusts the shield's trajectory to call it back to her hand. Dusk notices Uplift just standing there as she awaits her shield. "Uplift!!!" she barks out right when she catches her shield! "Eyes up front and engage!!!"
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

In mere moments the vault goes from a scene of decadence and excess to a scene of violence and brutality as war comes to it.

"Hurry Up you tow were late as it is thanks to your lolly gagging that Alien hussies picture all night." Cohort snaps at the other two.

"Hey Dusk is one of the baddest @ss fighters in the arena!" Phalanx retorts "One day ill whup that fine rear end to prove it!" he guffaws at his own crude humor.

"Shut up!" Battalion grumps as he puts the last of the seals in place.

"Oh so eloquent." Phalanx snarks finishing his job just as Cohort finishes his.

"Now what, you know I'm not comfortable with all this magic stuff." Phalanxe adds in a bit gruffly

"Neither am I." Cohort replies evenly "but you heard the lady we do this and its the biggest score of our lives, we retire on it, Now shut it and let me concentrate."

Cohort begins to speak from a carefully memorized list of words that he was taught and painstakingly learned in the run up to the job. And he begins to feel an effect as a cool breeze blows through the vault that the vaults climate systems could not produce. His concentration is abruptly broken as Col Dusk and Company invade the vault like an army.

Portia rushes at the closest Phalanx recognizing the mans stance and using the distracton caused by Col Dusks energy shield whizzing by his noggin lays into him with a barrage of chain strikes that end up laying the clone out who promptly fades away as his body hits the floor.

"Dammit! its out of my hands now stay together!" Cohort shouts at his brothers before unleashing a Blast at Portia that strikes her squarely in the chest, meanwhile another Cohort fires a double handed blast at Col Dusk who is distracted by several things going on at once and strikes her in the back but Dusk with years of experience dealing with the chaos of the battlefield dodges the incoming blast by mere inches.

Sebastian appears right on top of the gold bullion and pronounces the crooks failure he feels the energies of the spell--one hes used before-- coruscating through the vault and around its intended targets seeking to gather then and transport them to its intended destination. He gathers his energies and prepares to counter the magical winds with his own.

One of the Phalanx'x attacks Portia engaging her with a series of fast strikes but Portia is able to dodge the majority of them and block the rest her chain whirling around her head before shes suddenly struck by one of Cohorts blasts.

"Hey I had her!" Phalanxe snaps at Cohort. 'Focus!!" Cohort snaps back

The other Phalanx goes "Oh Babe! Ive been waiting for this!" as he launches himself at Dusk using a series of fast strikes before swinging a spinning heel kick that connects to Dusks jaw with a solid THWACK! "WOOO Whose the best in the Arena now!" he thrusts both fists in the air and does a little Ali shuffle as he prepares for Dusks counter.

Oaf ROARs loudly into the face of one of the Battalions before nearly knocking the smaller mans head off casuing him to crash into one of the bullion stacks with a clatter of gold bars and leaving him woozy and wondering what freight train hit him. One of the other Battalions though Fires off a Massive Haymaker that lands square in Oafs face with a thunderous boom.

A boom that does absolutely nothing as Oaf merely snorts the punch having cleared his sinuses a little. Cracking his enormous knuckles the joints popping like miniature gunshots he glares down at a clearly shaken Battalion and snarls "Now Oaf gone squish you good little man!"

"Oh..!" ... "S**t!" both remaining Battalions go pale as they suddenly think they've bitten off more then that can chew.

Meanwhile Dusks shout barely breaks through Uplifts ears as hes caught up in the myriad intricacies of the Vaults magnificent security system which he can think of more then a dozen ways to improve upon to make it nigh uncrackable and unhackable!!

The melee swirls in earnest as the combatants joust for position and send blasts and powerful strikes at one another causing all sorts of carnage to breakout in the vault.

Sorry guys end of the month nonsense always drives me to drink

Ok So with Portias action initiative kicks in and it is not a surprise round so hero points to everyone

Portia strikes Phalanxe, hes the martial artist and she hits him solidly

Phalanxe clones toughness save _: 1D20+7 = [5]+7 = 12
and hes outta there :D

One of the Cohorts immediately responds with a blast at Portia while duplicate #2 blasts Colonel Dusk who appears on the scene.

#1 versus Portia _: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25
I think that barely hits her for a DC 27 if so

#2 Versus Dusk _: 1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11
that's a miss

#3 has to finish the spell this turn which he does

Sebastian teleports easily and can attempt to counter the teleport with a DC 25 Power check hes attempting to basically counter the Ritual.

Phalanxe #1 engages Portia with an Accurate Attack +2/-2 _: 1D20+15 = [4]+15 = 19
yeah that's a miss I'm pretty sure DC 20 if he actually hit

Phalanxe #2 Engages Dusk with a Power attack -2/+2 _: 1D20+11 = [18]+11 = 29
and he actually hits for a DC 24 impact

Dusk performs her aid action successfully but the natural 1 AKA Mr Botch will leave her at Impaired defense wise IE -2 for the next round as a complication

Oaf rumbles up and hits one of the Battalion clones with an All out attack +2/-2 _: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
hits for the big guy that's a DC 29

Battalion #1s save _: 1D20+12 = [6]+12 = 18
that's a fail by 11 and 2 degrees leaving him Dazed and bruised x1

Battalion #2 engages Oaf with a Power attack -2/+2 Power Attack _: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15
barely hits him for a DC 29 of his own

Battalion #3 is dazed and uses his action to rise and recover.

Oafs toughness save _: 1D20+14 = [20]+14 = 34
:shock: oaf giggle snorts that one

Both battalions need to make an will save versus Oafs intimidation check of _: 1D20+14 = [9]+14 = 23

The Battalions will save _: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17
1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11
both fail miserably and theyre both demoralized and impaired till the end of next round

And lastly Uplifts complication is approved and he is out of it this round unless he makes a will check to overcome it which he can do thanks to Dusks calling him out.

PHEW *face plant*

So this is why GMs hate duplicators :P LOL :lol:

Top of the order and Portias up barring her save

Portia 26
Cohort 25
Sebastian 23
Phalanx 20 1 down 2 up
Col Dusk 10
Oaf 9 (heroes first)
Battalion 9 1 bruised x1 dazed, 2 demoralized
Uplift 7

Last edited by catsi563 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catsi stories
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Portia
HP : 2
Condition : surprisingly unharmed
Toughness save vs DC27_: 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27
- just made the save !
Cohort's blast struck true, but Portia was able to twist her body just enough to evade most of the damage.

She quickly took stock of the situation - the team wasn't doing too badly. Almost unfortunate that they had to let these guys 'win'.

But, as Dusk pointed out earlier, there must be a mastermind behind this. And letting them escape may lead them to the one behind this.

One of the still conscious Phalanx copies managed to hit Dusk, then started into an annoying display.

Portia always despised such behavior - when she was an instructor for Arachnos, she beat down such displays of petty arrogance the moment a fool attempted such a thing. It was a waste of time, energy, and focus. And none too professional - 'true masters feel no need to show off'.

Figuring that since Dusk aided her, she should return the favor ...
Aid action vs Phalanx #2 _: 1D20+19 = [15]+19 = 34
That's about 5 degrees of success vs the DC10 - Dusk gets a +5 bonus to hit the showoff !
(Portia has Teamwork, so got a +5 to the attempt. With a +14 base, rolling +19. To beat a 10 ... !)
Portia whirled her chains into a complex pattern of spirals that danced around Phalanx without touching him at all.