Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Post Reply
kenmadragon
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by kenmadragon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:14 pm

The Shadow-Man
HP: 3 Cond: Bruised -1

Sebastian twisted his hands, manipulating the shadow energy as he tightened the shadow-web binding the Arachnos sorceress, flexing his magic's crushing grip as he surveyed the situation. Other than the spellcaster, there was only one other Arachnos minion up who was still engaging with Dusk, though Portia was quickly moving to assist. Good, he'd just keep the spell-slinger busy and contained until she was out cold from his magic's tightening hold, then they could get out of here without anyone interfering with his teleportation spells.
Inflicting rank 10 Damage on Dementia while she's still Bound. DC 25 Toughness. Not sure what else to do but maybe move to a more defensible position in case more trouble shows up?

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1604
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:03 pm

Everyone

As Sebastian uses the ebon tentacles to squeeze Dementia into submission, the scarlet clad witche's eyes glow a fell green and she locks them on Sebastians own eyes. He feels her mental pressure as she probes the walls of his mental castle, then suddenly there's a brutal crunch heard in his head as she throws a mental assault at him that slams into the gates of his mind like a battering ram.

Dementias toughness save _: 1D20+12 = [7]+12 = 19
fail by 6 shes bruised x1 and dazed

Shes going to attempt to counter the shadow binds by hitting Sebastian with her mental blast that's a DC 25 will resist

Portia 26
Sebastian 23 bruised x1
Dementia _: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16
Col Dusk 10 bruised x1
Oaf 9 (heroes first) bruised x1
Uplift 7
Arachnos agents go last 5 down 7 up

Col Dusk is up :)

and again my apologies for the delay all been trying to get through this month in one piece its been rough
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 2/5
Hero Points: 3 >> 2
Condition: 3 bruise, staggered >> 3 bruise


Dusk braces herself as the energy blast barrages against her shield. Once the blast subsides she immediately takes the shield and hurls it at the Huntsman while it's still glowing from the energy. At the trajectory it was going it was unlikely to hit him unless he was incredibly careless, but that wasn't the aim of that throw. Dusk was too tired right now to really press the offensive and needed a moment to get her second wind, but she can still do one thing...

"Oaf! Get the man with the mace!" Dusk barks out. She then sighs and says, "Man with the glowing stick..." she corrects herself as the shield flies close enough to the man that he will have little choice but to dodge in the behemoth's direction.

OOC
--------------
Move Action: Staggered.

Standard Action: Going to recover, putting Dusk's active defenses at +2 and removing the staggered condition.

Extra Effort Standard Action: Shield throw to "aid" Oaf's melee attack against the huntsman. 1d20+10 = 29. Additionally I will use a hero point to buy off the fatigue from the extra effort.

Result of Standard Action: Oaf has a +5 to his next attack check against the Huntsman.

kenmadragon
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by kenmadragon » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Shadow-Man\
HP: 3 Cond: Bruised -1

"Agh!" Sebastian shouted as his head reeled from the sudden telepathic assault. Since when had the witch cast such a spell? He should be disrupting her casting with the binds and... or was it purely mental? Seven Hells, he didn't expect this. His control didn't slip though, as he redoubled his efforts and attempted to hold fast against the furious blasting the witch was sending his mind on the mental planes, his astral fortifcations holding strong and resolute against the sudden assault. It wasn't really like her magical assaults, so this must have been an inherent talent of hers. Man, was that sneaky.

"Nice trick, using magic and witchcraft to hide the fact you're a bloody telepath!" Sebastian growled, half in grudging respect, and half to warn his comrades.
Will Resistance Save: 1D20+13 = [18]+13 = 31
I wasn't sure if that was a Damage power or not, because the -1 would have applied to the Will Resistance if it was. Either way,
I think I passed, thank goodness. I didn't know she could try telepathic assaults without her magic... :shock:

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1604
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:24 pm

Everyone

"A gift of my birth and very useful for knowing the minds of my adversaries." she chuckles malevolently as her words slide over Sebastians mind scape like warm silk, smooth and seductive.

"If you're lucky they'll be the last words you hear in this life Shadowman." She laughs with increased malevolence as she continues the mental assault against the Ebon walls Sebastian raises against it.

Meanwhile Dusks energy shield slices through the air with an almost electric hum as it flies towards the Huntsman. The Arachnos Captain is quite skilled as it turns out and raises his Tox Mace in a cross parry that's catches the shield which burns against the mace for a few moments before rebounding off it and landing back in Dusks hands.

The mace glows red at the part of the handle which the shield impacted as the Huntsman snarls out an invective and points the weapon at Dusk. He thus is shocked though when Oaf looms over him and snarls in his guttural deep basso rumble.

"You use bad words too much!" Oaf then proceeds to direct an massive open handed slap that almost casually impacts the smaller man sending hurling across the room through a set of crates and into unconsciousness.

"Oaf slap bad words out of you mouth!" the gentle giant nods before turning to his friends with a grateful grin. "Oaf did good!" he chuckles good naturedly as he strikes a heroic pose that's looks almost comical on the massive form.



Solid Aid action

Oaf will rumble up and Power attack for -1/+1 _: 1D20+11 = [18]+11 = 29
BOOM!!

The Huntsmans toughness save _: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
Big fail by 10 and tough mook or not hes out like a light.

Portia and Sebastian are up
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Prof Weird
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:40 am

Portia
HP : 1
Condition : normal

"She has PSYCHIC powers as well ? Well, THAT is not good !" Mei mused to herself, "Shadowman's essentially holding a scorpion in his bare hands - if he releases her, she attacks with her magics; if he doesn't release her, she just keeps blasting away at his mind ! Painful no matter what."

Normally, she'd let equals fight without intervening (unless her ally lost); but since the sorceress is a greater threat than she initially thought, she thought it best to intervene before things went south.

"Psychics have to concentrate to use their powers, so let's break her concentration ... "

Portia switches her Chi array to power up one of her family's signature attacks : Disruptive Touch
ooc just Power Attack -2/+2 on her Disruptive Touch : Alt Save (Fort) 3 on unarmed damage, Secondary Effect, Distracting.
Since psychic attacks are perception, Defense is irrelevant. Thus the Distracting flaw isn't as risky as usual.

The attack _: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20
If that managed to hit, Dementia is facing a DC20 Fort check vs Damage once this turn, and again on the next turn.

Portia's Dodge and Parry are halved until next turn due to Distracting flaw.

kenmadragon
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by kenmadragon » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Shadow-Man
HP: 3 Cond: Bruised -1

Sebastian Blackwood grunted under the sustained mental assault. Her telepathic strikes flowed like a wave of blood. Ripples of crimson surged from the bound witch throughout the mental planes, a crackle of telepathic energy assaulting the ebon walls the sorcerer had constructed in his own thoughts. His psyche was under assault, but this wasn't a new occurrence to Sebastian. He'd dealt with demons and beings from beyond reality. Having a strong mind was neccessary to maintain his sanity in the face of such beings.

Granted, the witch was skilled in wielding her telepathic powers as a mental bludgeon. It was fast, hard, and overwhelmingly forceful, but the Shadow-Man had encountered such tactics before. His mind redoubled his efforts to bolster the walls of black that held back the crimson tide. However his weakened body was making things more difficult, the twinges of pain slowing the process ever so slightly.

Angry at this development, Sebastian curled his fingers like claws, squeezing them as the hands tensed and he wrenched at the shadow magic he was sustaining. The witch's bindings snaked further, crawling further to maintain the sorcerer's hold on the woman, forcing her to bend, avert her eyes as they squeezed, attempting to drive the breath from her lungs and break the witch's concentration. He wished he could spare the focus to simply encase her in one of his shadowy constructs, but the distraction that switching tactics would entail could give the witch that split instant to fire off a spell. And as had been displayed, the witch was canny. No... Sebastian would simply have to crush her under his magic while keeping her bound and unable to cast.

"Not likely, witch." the sorcerer snarled.

He would just have to endure the assault and hope that the witch bent and broke before his mind did.
Continuing to apply rank 10 Damage to the bound Dementia. DC 25 Tough.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1604
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:30 pm

Everyone

The crackle of arcane energies over Dementias body intensifies as Sebastians Ebon grip tightens and threatens to crush her only her mystic shield protecting her from the worst of the crushing grasp.

But the shield doesn't save her when Portia uses a special technique that was particularly good against mages and savants. The twin fingered strikes lash out several times hitting pressure points and the chi channeled into her fingers lets her bypass the arcane shield protecting her.

Dementias muffled scream is felt by Sebastian and the others via her telepathic powers as Dementia reels and Sebastian feels her psychic assault on his mind waver as the fel tide retreats from his mental fortress.

As she slumps in clear pain the Oaf claps happily "Yay! Portia poke crazy lady good!"

Before Portia standing over Dementia and Sebastian maintaining the crushing grip on her can finish off the helpless Witch both are sent scrambling back as a small series of pellets land between them and Dementia and explode into a brilliant flash of light. Portia is forced to dance backwards as a series of rapid fire blasts of electricity pepper the ground around her like a vicious rain.

Meanwhile Dementia uses a last gasp of Mystic power to disrupt the shadow binding and unleashes an explosion that sends her and Sebastian in opposite directions where She bounces along the ground while Sebastian is caught by Oaf who moves quickly for his size to save his friend from an unpleasant impact with a metal crate.

As the bright light clears Portia and Dusk feel a chill of recognition down there spines as they see the new comer. A woman with long lower back length red hair and a black jumpsuit with a distinctive red hourglass symbol on it. One of Lord Recluses most trusted assassins and spies.

Natasha Romanov the Black Widow.

"I think that's enough for one evening don't you?" she asks calmly from her perch on a railing overhead. "Dementia were leaving now."

"NO DAMMIT !!" Dementia snarls viciously "Not until I have the Shadowmans head!!"

The Widow sighs then snaps her fingers which has the effect of causing several portals to open around the area the group soon finds itself surrounded by more then wo score armed agents, as well as four more metahumans two females, and two males one of which actually towers over Oafs head by at least a foot. All armed and spoiling for a fight.

"Lord Recluse has ordered you back now." she explains as calmly as before though now a hint of ice enters her voice "The Ritual requires you present."

Dementia glares hard at her for a few long moments but ultimately it is the Witch who backs down with a haughty snort as she gathers herself up.

"Fine, after you." she says all sweetness and honey which causes The Widow to roll her eyes before she looks back at Portia and Dusk and gives both a respectful nod of pure professionalism.

In moments the rest of the Arachnos force is retreating through the portals the way they came only Dementia pauses for a moment as she gets a wicked gleam in her eyes. She turns blows a kiss at Sebastian and says "Something to remember me with Darling."

She then snarls an arcane word that literally curls the air between her and her target. Sebastian raises a solid mystic defense but only realizes too late that he wasn't the target.

The curse strikes its intended target and Oaf stiffens. His eyes wide he turns and looks at his teammates with an almost childish helplessness. He manages to whisper a final word that only Sebastian is close enough to hear, before the light simply goes out of his eyes and the gentle giant collapses to the floor.

Dementia disappears through the portal her mocking laughter floating in the air behind her as the last of the Arachnos contingent disappears.

Soon only the Rogues are present with the unconscious Overrun team, and the full compliment of stolen gold, and a friend now seemingly gone.


yep both hit obviously due to her restrained status

her fort save _: 1D20+ 6 = [5]+6 = 11


and her toughess save _: 1D20+12 = [6]+12 = 18


Ok so both fail leaving her staggered and Bruised x1 and that's enough for me you guys win the encounter

Everyone receives a hero point that's carries over into the next adventure and 3pp to spend well earned for putting up with my long delays

the lady in question if you haven't guessed :twisted:

Image
Last edited by catsi563 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:02 am

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 2/5
Hero Points: 2
Condition: 3 bruise


"Good work Oaf!" Dusk compliments as she catches her shield. She turns to join the others with the psychic mystic only to stop cold when Black Widow appeared, "You! What are-" Dusk raises her shield and sword ready for another fight when the multiple portals opened up to surround the team. The sudden influx of reinforcements in such number and strength gave even Colonel Dusk reason to pause, she didn't dare drop her shield or sword in case they started firing, but for right now Dusk stayed as still as she could to size up the situation.

Dusk really didn't want to let Dementia go, but the potential loss far outweighed the benefit of trying to capture her now, so Dusk remained silent as the Arachnos agents began to head back through their portals, though a blown kiss would soon change that.
catsi563 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:30 pm
She then snarls an arcane word that literally curls the air between her and her target Sebastian raise a solid mystic defense but only realizes too late that he wasn't the target. The curse strikes its intended target and Oaf stiffens his eyes wide he turns looks at his teammates with an almost childish helplessness manages to whisper a final word that only Sebastian is close enough to hear before the light simply goes out of his eyes and the gentle giant collapses to the floor.
"OAF!" Colonel Dusk threw caution to the wind, along with her sword aimed right for Dementia. Sadly she was already through the portal by the time the sword met her airspace and it instead sailed by to embed itself into the far wall! Dusk instead bolted for Oaf to check on him. "Come on... come on wake up!" Dusk checked Oaf over and even briefly shook him to wake him up to no avail.

Corrigon
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Uplift

He drove the team's van back towards the mansion oblivious to the situation with the rest of the team. He really needed to install some remote sensors to find people or even just to monitor their health. He transmitted some of the information he'd found to Morpheus, keeping the rest until he'd had a chance to review it.

Prof Weird
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:51 am

Portia
HP : 2
Condition : normal

Mei kept her eyes on the Black Widow, knowing full well what she could do alone; but backed up by four fresh, ready to fight metahumans and many score of fresh troops, she decided that discretion was the better part of valor ... for now.

She recognized the results of the witch's curse on Oaf, having been paid to produce a similar state in many, many others over the years.

But maybe if they got Oaf some help quickly enough ...

She activated the comm link and called for Morpheus, hoping he or Uplift could track their position to get them out of there.

kenmadragon
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by kenmadragon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:25 am

Shadow-Man
HP: 4 Cond: Shocked; -1 Bruised

Sebastian felt numb.

He had been reeling when the witch's psychic assault rapidly withdrew. The sustained pressure on his mental defenses had vanished almost instantaneously that he had to pause if only to ensure the walls didn't collapse from the absence. So renewed, he had made to take advantage of the opportunity to perhaps crush a few select bones in the hands and perhaps damage her to end the threat.

Sebastian didn't see the smoke pellets coming until they were already distracting him.

That had cost him dearly. His focus faltered, the witch could move ever so slightly, and overloaded herself with magical energy to make up the difference. The explosion shattered Sebastian's magical construct, and blew him away. Oaf had saved him.

And while Sebastian was still reeling, the witch made her escape with reinforcements. But not before sending one last curse.

He'd readied his mystical defenses, brought some chants to mind to ward the away and protect himself.

But...

He wasn't the target.

Sebastian felt numb.

The witch... the interloper and those goons. Escaped. And Sebastian did nothing.

He just stared as the giant, moronic brute who had saved him from the explosion, who had taken the curse that Sebastian could have perhaps survived, lay there. He... how... what... why?

The word just kept playing itself over and over in his head. That childish, idiotic grin. So carefree and glad. His voice would not leave the sorcerer.

Sebastian fell to his knees by the lumbering brute, strings cut. He... why did he...

Oaf's voice played in his head. That word. Over and over.

He didn't cry. He didn't try to shake the brute awake. He just...

Sebastian felt numb.

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:01 am

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 2/5
Hero Points: 2
Condition: 3 bruise


Dusk took a deep breath and closed her eyes. When she opened them again her face once again showed a stern professionalism as is normal. She stood up and looked at Shadow Man. She stooped down and gave a light tap on his shoulder, "Come on," Dusk says to him before stooping down further to heft Oaf's body over her; he wasn't too heavy for her, but his sheer size made carrying him a cumbersome affair. "Portia, help me gather up everything," Dusk instructed plainly before turning to Shadow Man, "Collect your thoughts ready a spell to get us out of here, we've work to do."

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1604
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Everyone

As Uplift and Morpheus are heading to the Warehouse to gather up the remainder of the team they receive Portias message. Morpheus listens intently but at a certain point Uplift notices the normally staid mans emotionless façade break and sees his face go deathly pale.

"Drive.. Drive fast!" he indicates the manor to Uplift who complies and heads there as quickly as possible.

When the two arrive its to a scene of near chaos. Portia and Dusk are supporting the massive form of Oaf which they lay on one of the manors floors as gently as possible. Portia checks the gentle giants breathing while Dusk checks various other vital signs. Sebastian who teleported the group there through the shadows is standing nearby looking shaken and an all but stunned look on his face.

"What happened?!!" Morpheus demands his own eyes wide and face pale as he sees Oafs still form. He listens as Portia and Dusk repeat the events of the evening. As he listens he rubs the bridge of his nose inwardly cursing himself.

"This isn't your fault." Portia tells him matter of factly causing him to Look at her as he snaps back "It is mine, I drew him into this , I drew him away from Sanctuary and into THIS life!"

he pauses a moment as Portia notices the vulnerability he rarely shows to anyone save her. "I drew him into this, just like I drew them in. Just like before, and now he's lost." Portia knows who he's talking about but she doesn't mention their names knowing how sensitive he is about them.

That's when Uplift comes in having finally moved Oaf to the manors med center where he's finished running an extensive series of tests and scans using upgrades sensors that he and Powerfist had worked on together--the woman may be acerbic but she knew her tech--he had mused once.

"Well?" Morpheus asked a slightly hopeful look passing through his eyes only to be dashed a moment later at Uplifts answer.

Uplift explained all the tests and scans and how they all came to one conclusion, that Oaf was alive but somehow he simply ... wasn't...."

"Wait I don't understand Uplift, what do you mean he isn't?"

Apologies for the delay folks slight bit of interaction then well jump to our two newcomers.

PM sent to uplift to explain as he will.
Last edited by catsi563 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Corrigon
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Uplift

He ran every scan and check he knew on Oaf; he wasn't a doctor, but he knew enough to know that this was beyond the limits of normal medical science. As much as he hated to say it, he could do with Powerfist. This was more her area of expertise than his. He was just filling in on the doctor front.

He kept it together as best he could; he liked Oaf a lot and this hurt. He'd hadn't been there, maybe he could have done something, protected them; anything.

"Oaf is alive, all his vital signs are there as you can see from breathing heart rate pulse etc on the scanners," he pointed at the readouts that shown a steady rhythm for all but one thing.

"However," he sighed, "there is ZERO brain activity not even the minimal signals the brain sends to the body for autonomic functions. By normal medical understanding, with no brain activity his body should just shut down. but his body is just keeping going. That is not even the strangest bit. The weird part is that in such a persistent vegetative state, he should require machinery such as a ventilator to keep him alive but he does not as if the spell were keeping his body alive."

He moved over to Oaf's head, bringing up a scan of his head and brain, focusing in on some modifications to his brain.

"I picked up something anomalous though. His old biochip installed from his days as the Destroyer. The spell appears to have interacted with the old biochip in his skull and just shut him off. It's the technological equivalent of the lights being on but no one home."

Looking at their faces, especially those without a scientific background, he sighed again.

"So in conclusion hes both alive and not alive literally frozen in between life and death. If there is a way of bringing him back, this equipment isn't it. A less scientific person might conclude that his soul or life essence was blasted right out of his body if you believe in such things, but I'll leave Sebastian to comment on that.

Post Reply