Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Post Reply
Corrigon
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:09 pm

Uplift

"Stop being such a luddite Sebastian, there aren't any face eating plants ... at least I don't think there are. Let me get back to you on that one." Uplift thought process came out in words as he hurriedly tried to hack their way into the system again.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:46 pm

Everyone

The shadowy claw grabs the stunned Cohort and proceeds to slam him bodily into the floor and ceiling a couple times each. The end result is the duplicate villain fading away.

Phalanx snarls something unintelligible as he redoubles his efforts to take Dusk out. Throwing a series of rapid shots to probe her defense before rebounding off a wall with a leaping kick that is aimed right at her chin.

Meanwhile As Uplift attempts to rehack the system he sees the first part of the enhanced defense system kick in as the floor starts charging an electric charge with enough voltage to stun and elephant, the second stage a powerful sedative gas is also priming. A third stage powerful laser turrets has been put on hold due to potential damage to the collection.

That last bit Uplift notes was not in any of the manuals hes ever read about this security system.

Also the Door to the vault is closing and locking with a 24 hour hold on the opening of the door so that authorities can arrive to take perpetrators into custody.

Combined with a now rotating passcode Uplift has his work cut out for him.

That hits and Cohorts toughness save _: 1D20+11 = [5]+11 = 16
is enough to get a second staggered and out of the fight

Phalanx will attack Dusk with a power attack -3/+3 _: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26
should hit for a DC 25 impact

Portia 26
Cohort 25 1 staggered 2 out , 2 fine, 3 fine
Sebastian 23 bruised x1
Phalanx 20 1 down, 2 bruised x1, 3 Down
Col Dusk 10 bruised x1
Oaf 9 (heroes first) bruised x1
Battalion 9 1 bruised x1 dazed, 2 demoralized, 3 down
Uplift 7

And Dusk is up barring her save
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:05 am

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 3/5
Hero Points: 3
Condition: 1 bruise


"Hm!" Dusk barely contains her surprise as the large blasts converge on her, she holds her shield up and by some miracle manages to hold against the combined force of the blasts!

"Uplift!" Dusk calls out as though about to chew him out, all while attempting to fend off the aggressively attacking Phalanx with her sword and shield! "I don't care what you think of Shadowman's choice of security, fix our current security problem!" she then steps in and tries to push back Phalanx to stymie his attacking but it's at that point the martial artist manages to acrobatically get around her own defenses and plant a kick in her jaw!

The force of the blow does cause her to stumble back about two steps, but she quickly regains her footing and eyes down Phalanx; Dusk looks more angered than hurt from that blow, "We have an objective here team!" she reminds everyone as she assumes a stance to defend herself from as many sides as possible.

OOC
--------------
Toughness: 1d20+9 = 29 nat 20'd!

Standard Action: I will be actively defending this round!

Result of Standard Action: Anytime someone makes an attack check against Dusk, roll 1d10+22 (this way "below 10" results are accounted for; that mod also includes improved defense).

Move Action: None

Still ready to interpose.
--------------

Prof Weird
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:20 am

Portia
HP : 1
Condition : normal, concerned

"May I suggest a tactical withdrawal ?" Portia inquired over the comm link, "We don't need to win this fight. These goofs should be pretty well convinced we're doing our best to defeat them, so they shouldn't suspect they are being set up. Only fools fight in a burning house - or, in this case, a house with an electrified floor, about to fill with knockout gas and lock itself down until a group of very powerful heroes show up to arrest us, on behalf of someone that set us up !

But that's just my opinion ..."

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Everyone

Oaf hears the grinding of gears as the massive vault door begins to swig shut and turns on a and rushes towards the door slamming his bulk in between the door and the jamb. There is a grunt of effort from oaf and the grinding of the gears in the machinery increases in intensity as the nearly unstoppable force meets an equally immovable object.

Oafs strength is immense but hes in a bad position and doesn't quite have the leverage he needs to really work so the best he can do is stalemate the vault door and keep it from shutting.

"Oaf can hold door, Oaf wont let door close!" he grunts out sweat breaking out on his massive brow. 'Oaf wont let friends down!"

meanwhile Battalion decides to start working on the rest of the Group while Oaf is distracted. One of them shakes off the blows hes been receiving and rushes at Dusk trying to bash her into the wall only for her to easily toro him past her where he crashes into a display case of priceless relics.

The other tries to take Portia out of the fight with a wild haymaker but Portia easily avoids the clumsy blows by dancing infuriatingly out of reach.

Oaf will interpose himself in the door keeping it from closing well rule this as hes basically hands full at the moment

Battalion 1 will All-out attack Dusk _: 1D20+10 = [5]+10 = 15
and miss by a wide margin

Battalion 2 is no longer demoralized and will attack Portia _: 1D20+10 = [2]+10 = 12
:lol: BWAHAHAHAH ...no

Portia 26
Cohort 25 1 staggered 2 out , 2 fine, 3 fine
Sebastian 23 bruised x1
Phalanx 20 1 down, 2 bruised x1, 3 Down
Col Dusk 10 bruised x1
Oaf 9 (heroes first) bruised x1
Battalion 9 1 bruised x1 dazed, 2 fine, 3 down
Uplift 7

That brings us to Uplift who has some computer wizardry to do :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Corrigon
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Uplift

Uplift's fingers danced over the keyboard as he tried to hack back into the system.
ACCESS DENIED

"Oh, that's not happening," he scowled, as the arm on his techpack looped around and connected into a port.

ACCESS GRANTED

"Just putting us back in the system. Remember to provide a tip later." he informed the others

Now, lets stop this nonsense and find whom was behind this he thought.
ooc
Computer Hack: 1d20+18 23
HP to reroll that
Computer Hack reroll: 1d20+18 34
returning access and blocking anybody else from being able to remove us
Next turn, he'll hunt down who removed them

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:12 pm

Uplift


Uplift works at a frantic pace as he uses a combination of finesse and brute force hacks to fight the system, but where the system is limited by the codes of its programming Uplift has numerous tricks up his sleeves.

And Aingesworth really isn't too imaginative with his passwords even with the computer making ones up for him.

Still its a rough fight even with the tech pack adding its own power to the mix but in the end its a battle he wins, one more to lord over that bloody Dr8k3 guy as the two continue their friendly rivalry over the hacking nets.

quickly Uplift regains control of the system and as a bonus backhacks the system where the command codes were sent. A quick bit of digging and he has all he needs.

Someones in for a rude surprise when he gets this to Morpheus and the mans connections to various police agencies.

Ok so successful haxx and BAM youre in control again. you may command the system now as other users are logged out and locked out.

also as a bonus because Ive delayed you long enough you get some evidence you need to put someone away for a looong time if you can get the data to Morpheus.

back to top and Portia kick some booty please :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Prof Weird
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird » Mon May 01, 2017 5:54 am

Portia
HP : 1, now 0.
Condition : normal

"Hmmm - a target rich environment." she mused to herself, "Could go after the last Phalanx, to get the whole set. Or one of the remaining Cohorts or Batallions. Should deal with healthiest targets first. Like that Battalion clone that just shot at me !"

Portia uses her chi-enhanced speed and leaping to get in close to deliver an attack with her chain, then move past to get near cover.
Portia's attack check with Power Attack 2 (since it has been working great thus far _: 1D20+12 = [3]+12 = 15
Let's try that again _: 1D20+ 12 = [13]+12 = 25 - that should connect for a DC23 Toughness check.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:43 pm

Everyone

Portias martial attack might normally not harm someone as tough as Battalion but enhanced by her chi she disrupts his own flow and lands a strike that inflicts serious pain on the larger man, causing him to gasp as his breath is taken from him. he takes a few wild swipes at the smaller nimble young woman but she easily avoids the clumsy haymakers.

Meanwhile the two Cohorts again attempt to combine their efforts and focus their fire on who they view as the most dangerous member of the team.

Dusk.

Phalanx backs off just enough for the two blaster to open fire with a pair of high powered blasts that shriek towards the former gladiator. But years of defending in the Arena and on the field of battle prove their worth as she again gets her shield up and the disc absorbs the brunt of the attacks leaving her untouched.

Portias attack hits one of the Battalions #2 his toughness save _: 1D20+12 = [4]+12 = 16
Snort he takes a bruised and a dazed

Cohort 1 and Cohort 2 will do a team attack in an attempt to take down dusk 1 will be the primary and power attack for -3/+3

their Combined rolls _: 1D20+ 5 = [2]+5 = 7
1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20
and both miss because Dusk is actively defending.

Portia 26
Cohort 25 1 staggered 2 out , 2 fine, 3 fine
Sebastian 23 bruised x1
Phalanx 20 1 down, 2 bruised x1, 3 Down
Col Dusk 10 bruised x1
Oaf 9 (heroes first) bruised x1
Battalion 9 1 bruised x1 dazed, 2 Bruised x1 dazed, 3 down
Uplift 7

And Mr Sebastian is up.

And I once again apologize for the wait guys its been a weird month. :oops:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

kenmadragon
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by kenmadragon » Mon May 15, 2017 5:06 pm

The Shadow-Man
HP: 2

Leaping onto the remains of a plump and artistic sofa to gain a bit more perspective on the vault (and get off the floor as well as closer to Oaf and the door, but he wouldn't admit that aloud), Sebastian grimaced.

"So, are we staying or going?" he questioned, noticing that the mood was shifting as Uplift had been struggling with the computer systems and the fight continue to threaten property damage. Not that Aignsworth didn't deserve it for trying to pull a fast one on them, but Sebastian still felt the itch to "liberate" some of the vault's collections. Like that painting of the tiger... Man, that was some serious mojo stewing around in there. Still, neither the time, nor the place. Sebastian didn't do that kind of thing anymore.

He'd just hope the others could figure out a way to ruin Aignsworth for being, well, a jerk, and then acquire some of the more 'interesting' items in the vault for cheap when this stuff was sold to clear out Aignsworth's hopefully upcoming financial issues.

Shadows swirling, the sorcerer smirked at the thought of what he could do with that tiger, whipping up a ball of malevolent darkness, a defensive umbral miasma leaking from his body as the ball built up size. The ball was spinning in his hands, but then flattened as Sebastian pressed them closer together, the roating disk like spinning saw blades flying out and multiplying as they zoomed like massive shuriken at one of the Cohorts attacking Dusk.
Move to the top of that couch to get off the floor. Defensive Attack +/-3 like last round, attack a Cohort this time (because why not?). 1d20+10-3=18 for DC 25 Multiattack Damage

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Everyone

The rain of ebon shuriken shrieks across the space between Sebastian and the injured Cohort and slams into him with an explosion of black sparks that shakes his body with the repeated rapid fire impacts. The dark wave causes his protective shield to bend, then buckle then shatter entirely before it ends.

As it does the Duplicate body shudders and then fades away into whatever dimension of mass or energy it came from.

Phalanx meanwhile continues to Attack Dusk with a furious onslaught. The two warriors one honed by decades on the battlefield and trenches, the other possessed of a natural gift for martial combat exchange blows, strikes, dodges, and parries and counter strikes in a rapid fire succession each seeking to bring the other down.

Phalanx uses his natural agility and flexibility to try to feint Dusk out of position by cartwheeling past her flipping over a sword swipe and then rebounding off a wall at an odd angle that allows him to land a brutal 'Superman punch' right square on her jaw that lands with a loud crack like a rifle going off.

And back we are.

That hits the staggered Cohort his toughness save _: 1D20+11 = [4]+11 = 15
is a fial by 10 and 3 degrees another staggered and hes down.

Phalanxe isn't likely to quit so hes going down fighting

Hell use improved feint and agile feint to fake Dusk out _: 1D20+11 = [13]+11 = 24
that's a DC 24 insight or be rendered defenseless

His attack on Dusk is a power attack for -3/+3 _: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29
:shock: and he may not even need it as that's an crit with his improved Crit. he'll take the damage for a DC 30 impact.

Portia 26
Cohort 25 1 staggered x2 out , 2 out, 3 fine
Sebastian 23 bruised x1
Phalanx 20 1 down, 2 bruised x1, 3 Down
Col Dusk 10 bruised x1
Oaf 9 (heroes first) bruised x1
Battalion 9 1 bruised x1 dazed, 2 Bruised x1 dazed, 3 down
Uplift 7

And Dusk is up when youre ready NG :)

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 2/5
Hero Points: 3
Condition: 2 bruise, staggered


The barrage of attacks continued wear down on the Colonel! The first energy blast to strike her shield was bearing down on her and her shield arm was already tired by the time she managed to adjust to block it! Even then the block was only a partial success as enough energy slipped past her guard and singed off the end of her long braid, causing her long white hair to slowly unravel as she continued to engage with Phalanx!

Between her shield and her sword she had been able to keep Phalanx from getting inside her reach however when she took a chance to step in and strike Phalanx with her sword he'd made to jump. Dusk's first instinct was to raise her shield to block an incoming jump strike, however she quickly realized he was jumping far too high for that to be effective, certain she had seen through the maneuver Dusk's eyes carefully followed his trajectory, but this turned out to be a mistake!

"Ah..." Dusk grunted as her eyes followed Phalanx's path and led her gaze right into a bright light that momentarily clouded her vision, enough for her to misjudge how high she needed to raise her shield, and receive a solid blow to her jaw for her error! "Gkt!" Dusk is momentarily brought to her knee, but quickly stands back up, gritting her teeth and taking a few steps back with her guard up!

Dusk wiped away some blood from her mouth before speaking up! "Portia! Cover my flank! Oaf! Guard Uplift! Shadowman, begin extraction! Ah..." it hurt to move her jaw...

OOC
--------------
Insight and active defense roll: 1d20+10 = 15 and 1d10+22 = 31 respectively
Luck Re-rolled Insight: 1d10+20 = 22 so... vulnerable and my active defense roll becomes 26 so...
Toughness: 1d20+9 = 18 for 1 bruise and staggered

Move Action: Staggered

Standard Action: I will be actively defending this round!

Result of Standard Action: Anytime someone makes an attack check against Dusk, roll 1d10+22.

Will be ready to interpose for Portia
--------------

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:29 am

Everyone

As Dusk defends herself against Phalanxes onslaught Oaf decides to take the offense and stop the people hurting his friends. The roar and crash of combat firing the giant up and he fires off a brutal haymaker that devastates one of the Battalions. The body collides with the back wall hard enough to actually dent the nearly impenetrable vault walls and dissipates the clone immediately on impact.

"Oh S**t!" the remaining Battalion gulps out. "Cohort we need to GO NOW!!"

The final Battalion tries to Swat Portia hard throwing a slightly less reckless though just as dangerous punch at the Nimble martial artist only to find Dusk in his way as she interposes for Portia.

Oah will clobber one of the battalions AO attacking for +5/-5 and power attacking for -1/+1 _: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19
that's a hit for a DC 30 impact.

Battalions toughness save _: 1D20+10 = [2]+10 = 12
Ow :shock: and yeah hes out

The last Battalion will try to take down portia by all out attacking for +2/-2 _: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26 might hit for a DC 27 impact depending on Dusks Interpose.


Portia 26
Cohort 25 1 staggered x2 out , 2 out, 3 fine
Sebastian 23 bruised x1
Phalanx 20 1 down, 2 bruised x1, 3 Down
Col Dusk 10 bruised x1
Oaf 9 (heroes first) bruised x1
Battalion 9 1 bruised x1 dazed, 2 Down , 3 down
Uplift 7

That brings us to Uplift 4 badguys left sir :)

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:44 am

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 2/5
Hero Points: 3
Condition: 3 bruise, staggered


These guys were getting desperate, and seeing that in the one Battalion's movements prompts Dusk to go to Portia rather than wait for Portia to come to her! A good call as it turned out, Colonel Dusk manages to interpose herself between Battalion and Portia and raise her shield to take the brunt of the blow, sadly the shield wasn't angled properly and she still receives a painful shock going up her arm as though she tried to just stop the blow head on!

"Grrr..." Dusk grunts, but steals a glance toward Portia, "Just watch my flank," is all she says to the martial artist.

OOC
--------------
I will indeed interpose!
Toughness: 1d20+8 = 26 for 1 bruise

Corrigon
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:29 am

Uplift

"Okay peeps, I am going to give you an out to allow everybody a chance to escape by making it appear that the system is still after you."

He set things in motion to allow the villains a chance to escape with enough gold to track them.
ooc

expertise computers: 1d20+18 32

don't know if you'd want a deception roll on this to make it look authentic?

Post Reply