Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Spectrum » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:46 pm

Nenia

The young woman glances down at the heroic young firefighter. A rare smile reaching her eyes. She starts to reach out towards him but then stops herself. "I don't know very much about comic books. Maybe you could help me learn?"

More horrific though was the presence of the young boy. So young in mortal years, so aged in the shadowland. He seemed happy. Yet, what had kept him from moving on? Why hadn't his issues been resolved? What kept him trapped here? Happiness or sorrow should have moved the boy on, the lack of either was... troubling.

As much as she appreciated this guise, it was worth watching, just in case.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Dusk and Uplift

The Robo Panther roars in its leonine metallic voice that rips across the room like an enormous buzzsaw, and lunges at Dusk who expertly deflects its attack and Drives her Sword down through the metallic hunters back with a shriek of rended metal and a burst of noxious fluids that splatter the Alien warrior as she slides past the Mechanical beast. The Panther Whips around despite the damage caused to it and once more attempts to disembowel Dusk but the damage shed delivered was too much and it slipped in its own spilt fluids leaving it open to her expert counter strike which cleaved first the attacking paw, then its head from its body.

The Mechanical beast swung wildy around it for a couple of tense moments before collapsing on the ground in a burst of sparks and smoking wreckage.

As Dusk admired her kill and Uplift stood up after finishing his task, Instincts honed on hundreds of battlefields kicked in, they were being stalked. A quick dive to the side saved her from being pounced upon by yet another massive Panther like mechanical beast, another earsplitting mechanical roar announced a third hunter stalking its way across an upper level platform as the pair of beasts tried to flank them.

that Hits no sweat Robo panthers toughness save _: 1D20+10 = [2]+10 = 12
fail by 13 which is 3 degrees and staggered and -1 to further saves

robo panthers follow up is an attempt to disembowel Dusk _: 1D20+ 8 = [1]+8 = 9
:shock: well theres that :P that's a big ole botch and ill rule Dusk returns the favor with interest.

Robo Panthers 2 and 3 make their appearance at this time

Back to Dusk, Uplift can engage at any time if desired he goes second behind Dusk and before the panthers

Uplift is of course successful as well and retrieves the core code he needs for Bay City Base.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:04 pm

Nenia

The boys ghost wearing its superhero costume one of the cheesey older styles from the late 70s early 80s if she were to have guessed such a thing, smiled brilliantly and took her hand and drew her to the corner of the store and a dusty box partially concealed under a shelf full of various old school action figures. He smiles again and indicates she should pull it out.

When she does shes treated to a technicolor splash of various nearly ancient comic books from well into the past very nearly the beginning of the comics medium if shes not entirely crazy. The box contains nine issues of various vintages and titles and beneath it a faded Kodak picture of a young child in a costume, a young couple standing with their arms around him.

its as she studies the picture that she can see the silver chain manifest itself from the box and its contents. the Fetter as clear to her now as the sun in the sky as it leads away from the box to the small boy.

the boy quirks his head to the side with an adorably curious expression. " those are my favoritest comics in the whole wide world, mommy and daddy read them to me every night."

Your sight can reveal a few things here as could an arcane or expertise death roll
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:23 pm

Hooligan and Portia
Giving a grin,Daniel replies as he sit's down filling the entirety of the chair
"you know,there's an old Irish proverb that goes A Drink precedes a story,so i'll thank you fer the coffee and git straight to the story."
After taking the cup &Getting a solid drink of it,the large irishman continues speaking
Rogers expression remains a warm smile as he pours a cup of coffee that nearly has Daniel reminiscing of the old country before he sits down across from Daniel and listens intently.
After taking the cup &Getting a solid drink of it,the large irishman continues speaking
"the flight itself was a novel experience fer Lizzie...that's Elizabeth,me daughter,though you probably knew that already.An i want to apologize to your bodyguard fer any ill looks she might've thrown her way,as she wasn't exactly thrilled to be movin'."
Abernathys laugh at thelast part is a friendly and genuinely amused one.

"No Apologies needed my friend, I can assure you that Portia has had far more terrifying things glaring at her.' he teases Portia who sits near by giving him a bit of a gimlet stare before rolling her eyes and resuming the work shes doing on the tablet she carries.
Downing the rest of his cup like a thisty man given water,he leans forward and rest's the now empty cup onto the beautiful table as Daniel(going from gregarious to serious so fast you'd swear it was like 2 separate people were in the same body) finishes by saying
"now that a bit of the pleasantries are over,let's get down to the yard stretch:You wouldn't have called someone like me in unless you were dealing with something truly dangerous and were down a soul.What am i allowed ta know an how can i help?...."
Abernathys expres
sion also seems to shift easily between amused and business serious without even more then a simple shrewd narrowing of the eyes his tone of voice slides effortlessly into a business driven one that makes his position very clear.

"We are dealing with some very dangerous issues Mr. Harper, I will not lie to you." He begins. "Recently it came to my attention that a certain organization was gearing up from something Monstrous. Something bigger then anyone could anticipate. this information nearly cost me my life if it were not for Portia here." he indicates the young woman "She saved me and more so She showed me just how deep down the Rabbit hole I had fallen."

He brings up a high end bleeding edge computer screen made seemingly of lasers and mists which he then with the wave of a hand turns to show Daniel. The images are of Spider like tanks and Armored beings on the move as well as Clearly costumed metahumans in various locations. All of them answering to a Shadowy figure with the under title Lord Recluse.

"theyre called Arachnos, I have set myself against them with the help of certain people who have shall we say pasts as checkered as my own." he brings up a brief visual of the team and its members.

" And in answer to your unasked question, No the Authorites are not as yet aware of the scope of arachnos plans, i have made efforts to alert them but our foe remains elusive with political influence, and moneyd interests shiedling tem at this time. Also our Superhuman friends as formidable as they are, are ill equipped to deal with the depths of darkness that Arachnos represents."

"This is why I summoned the people i have summoned Mr. Harper, people such as yourself who have seen that darkness, looked into that Abyss and know the evil that lurks there." he paues and his poker face slips ever so slightly " we have fought them allready, and there have been casualties."

"But I beleive this to be a cause worth fighting for a chance for redemption for some, and to do some real good in the world for all." he finishes as he stands and looks out the office window over the hi-tevch skyline of Bay Cities San Francisco skyline.

Finally he turns back to address Daniel "So what do you think Mr Harper?"

Any expertise Criminal or Superhero/villain rolls are appropriate here should you desire.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 5/5
Hero Points: 2
Condition: Normal >> Fatigue


Dusk lands shield first from her evasive dive, and skids a short distance while pivoting around before she ends the movement crouched down and facing the direction of the panthers. "More? Good!" Dusk thinks to herself as she stands up into a sprint; she hurls her shield toward panther on the platform above, and dashes toward the other panther with her blade poised to strike! "Grab what you need and let's go Uplift! Sometime before we get outnumbered would be nice!" she shouts to Uplift, as alive as she feels in moments like this the mission and her team have to come first.

As the shield makes its return arc to its paired bracer, Dusk swings her sword at the ground-level robo-panther!

OOC
----------------
Standard Action: Use Shield Throw on Platform Robo-Panther! Ah bugger only a 15...

Standard Result: If attack hits, Platform Robo-Panther must make a DC25 Toughness save!

Move Action: Get in melee with Robo-Panther.

Extra Effort Standard Action: Use Sword attack at 1d20 + 10 = 20

Extra Effort Standard Result: If attack hits, Ground Robo-Panther must make a DC25 toughness save!

MacynSnow
Posts: 1855
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by MacynSnow » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:28 pm

catsi563 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:23 pm
Hooligan and Portia
Giving a grin,Daniel replies as he sit's down filling the entirety of the chair
"you know,there's an old Irish proverb that goes A Drink precedes a story,so i'll thank you fer the coffee and git straight to the story."
After taking the cup &Getting a solid drink of it,the large irishman continues speaking
Rogers expression remains a warm smile as he pours a cup of coffee that nearly has Daniel reminiscing of the old country before he sits down across from Daniel and listens intently.
After taking the cup &Getting a solid drink of it,the large irishman continues speaking
"the flight itself was a novel experience fer Lizzie...that's Elizabeth,me daughter,though you probably knew that already.An i want to apologize to your bodyguard fer any ill looks she might've thrown her way,as she wasn't exactly thrilled to be movin'."
Abernathys laugh at thelast part is a friendly and genuinely amused one.

"No Apologies needed my friend, I can assure you that Portia has had far more terrifying things glaring at her.' he teases Portia who sits near by giving him a bit of a gimlet stare before rolling her eyes and resuming the work shes doing on the tablet she carries.
Downing the rest of his cup like a thisty man given water,he leans forward and rest's the now empty cup onto the beautiful table as Daniel(going from gregarious to serious so fast you'd swear it was like 2 separate people were in the same body) finishes by saying
"now that a bit of the pleasantries are over,let's get down to the yard stretch:You wouldn't have called someone like me in unless you were dealing with something truly dangerous and were down a soul.What am i allowed ta know an how can i help?...."
Abernathys expres
sion also seems to shift easily between amused and business serious without even more then a simple shrewd narrowing of the eyes his tone of voice slides effortlessly into a business driven one that makes his position very clear.

"We are dealing with some very dangerous issues Mr. Harper, I will not lie to you." He begins. "Recently it came to my attention that a certain organization was gearing up from something Monstrous. Something bigger then anyone could anticipate. this information nearly cost me my life if it were not for Portia here." he indicates the young woman "She saved me and more so She showed me just how deep down the Rabbit hole I had fallen."

He brings up a high end bleeding edge computer screen made seemingly of lasers and mists which he then with the wave of a hand turns to show Daniel. The images are of Spider like tanks and Armored beings on the move as well as Clearly costumed metahumans in various locations. All of them answering to a Shadowy figure with the under title Lord Recluse.

"theyre called Arachnos, I have set myself against them with the help of certain people who have shall we say pasts as checkered as my own." he brings up a brief visual of the team and its members.

" And in answer to your unasked question, No the Authorites are not as yet aware of the scope of arachnos plans, i have made efforts to alert them but our foe remains elusive with political influence, and moneyd interests shiedling tem at this time. Also our Superhuman friends as formidable as they are, are ill equipped to deal with the depths of darkness that Arachnos represents."

"This is why I summoned the people i have summoned Mr. Harper, people such as yourself who have seen that darkness, looked into that Abyss and know the evil that lurks there." he paues and his poker face slips ever so slightly " we have fought them allready, and there have been casualties."

"But I beleive this to be a cause worth fighting for a chance for redemption for some, and to do some real good in the world for all." he finishes as he stands and looks out the office window over the hi-tevch skyline of Bay Cities San Francisco skyline.

Finally he turns back to address Daniel "So what do you think Mr Harper?"

Any expertise Criminal or Superhero/villain rolls are appropriate here should you desire.
HOOLIGAN HP-1 Condition-getting to work.....
Never give an Irishman a Cause.-Irish Proverb
Geeting up and streaching(?) his massive frame,Daniel replies to Abernathy
"I'm thinkin' i need ta be gettin' to work,sir....."
So saying,Hooligan pulls out his battered old cell phone(Kat refered to it as his "Thug phone")and started making some calls as he say's
"some fellas i know meight be able ta give us some better intel on who they got doin' the grunt work,as it'll give us a way tae cut these heathens off.....* switches to Russian suddenly*Gregory,it's me,your favorite drinkin' Irishman!......."
Now let's see what my 2 rolls get me here.....
http://roll.coyote.net/lookup.php?rollid=201607Expertise: Criminal roll=11+4=15
Fairly average.But let's see what my Contacts Advantage gives me.....
http://roll.coyote.net/lookup.php?rollid=201608 Contacts Advantage roll=8+5(Investigation)=13
Again,could be better but could be worse....;)

Prof Weird
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:34 am

Portia

Portia figured that since Arachnos has some new metahumans working for it, it would be a good idea to know
what they are going against - someone with both magic AND psionic powers should not be attacked head on !

She also wondered what Lord Recluse was doing to keep someone like that in line (given that everyone high up
in the organization usually have their own agendas, and are trying to outmaneuver everyone else.)

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Dusk and Uplift

The Shield slices through the air with an energetic hum before bouncing off the first Robo Panthers armored hide with a crack of sparks. The pair of predators begin to circle Dusk cautiously in what she recognizes as a hunting pattern trying to out flank her so one can sink its claws and fangs into her exposed back while the other keeps her busy.

She waits for the last possible second and avoids the leap of the one behind her but the one in front adjust with lightning speed on the fly and rakes a vicious slash across her body

The shield toss misses the first panther the sword strike hits though

Panthers toughness save _: 1D20+ 10 = [19]+10 = 29
Eep :shock:

Panthers 1 and 2 try to circle Dusk and attack from two sides

_: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12
1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
one misses the other connects with a claw strike which will be a DC 23 claw strike

Dusk is back up barring uplift taking action

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

MacynSnow
Posts: 1855
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by MacynSnow » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:52 pm

HOOLIGAN hp-1 CONDITION-pretty normal for an Irishman
Even a small thorn causes festering.
-Irish Proverb
Abernathy& Portia watched as the Burly irishman stood up from the chair and started walking back&forth,switching from Russian to Italian,German,even French an Gaelic.After what felt like an eternity,Daniel thanked his Friend and closed his Battered old cell.

Heading over to grab a cup of that amazing good coffee(he loved his wife with a passion,he really did,but she couldn't fix a good cup of coffee if one of those Food Network chef's walked he through it),he started talking as he poured a large helping(adding a bit of The Creature to it,as he personally needed a little tody right now)
"Now normally i'd make a crack 'bout the good an the bad news,but with what i found out,it's not gonna matter much.
Arachnos is defintely on the move, they're gearing up for something that has alot of the old families and certian organizations more nervous than a Sinner awaitin' judgement in heaven....
Aegis an Unison aren't gonna be much help either,as that old Red Tape has 'em good and tied. But my contacts figure this may or is likely an attempt to move into the power vaccuum left by Vipers near disolution following its failed invasion attempt.Good news,Usurper is watching things play out,no clue if hell stay sidelined or make a play to intervene though. Worse thing is that Arachnos is keeping things very low key, lots of secrecy on the Rogue Isles, and making sure anyone that talks too much goes belly up or away period.My Advice? get the Old Families to help you keep him so occupied we could just walk inta where he's holed up and Beat the vinegar right out of him....Course then you'd probably owe the Old Families a favor,but it's a case of Back scratchin' really.
"

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:16 pm

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 5/5
Hero Points: 2
Condition: 1 Bruise, Fatigue


"Tch..." Dusk grunts as the claws very slightly dent the armor, enough to make it press painfully into her flesh, nothing she can't walk off thankfully. The shield re-attaches itself to her bracer and she assumes a stance to where her shield arm can easily be turned to deflect one panther while keeping her sword arm close to her target, the robo-panther that just tried to gouge her. "Hmph... Hrrraaahh...!" Dusk steps in and puts a little more weight into her swing!

OOC
----------------
Toughness: 1d20 + 10 = 22 for 1 bruise.

Move Action: Nah...

Standard Action: Use a 2 for 2 power attack with the sword at 1d20 + 8 = 18 on the Panther that hit me.

Standard Result: If attack hits, the aforementioned Robo-Panther must make a DC27 toughness save!

Corrigon
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Uplift
HP 2
Condition Normal

As Dusk fights, it distracts him.

"Do you mind!" he says indignantly. "Flipping hell

He flips a switch on his staff and a cutting laser lances out striking one of the robots
Orokos is down - will add roll later

Cutting Torch - Weaken Toughness 10

Spectrum
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Spectrum » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Nenia

_: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19


A slow smile comes to her face, "They look wonderful." she pauses a goodly moment, "Maybe I could read one to you?" she frowns a little, knowing that she's looking like a crazy woman to the shop owner. "I need some help with something first though." She reaches into her pocket, carefully bringing out the heavily folded piece of paper.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:20 pm

Nenia

As Nenia sees the little boy non vigorously at the offer to have one read to her he draws her over to a corner where a small chair is and sits down in the chair where he looks up at her expectantly. She realizes as he does this that another silver chain a little more defined is attached to the chair, and it suddenly hits her whats happening. The little ones illness becomes more prominent in her vision as a blackened series of veins across the little superheroes body. The Comics represent the freedom he rarely had in a life spent in bed, with only the stories of heroes to brighten his existence.

She gets a clear vision of the little hero being brought to the Comic store in his new costume, the store just opened as his Mother a good hearted woman who was barely able to keep up with his illness and the needs of work wanted him to have a day out. Unfortunately his illness had other plans and he wasn't able to live to get the comics he wanted or the last story for his mom to read to him. The chair where he sat as his mom went to but the comic books was where he passed quietly waiting for her. The fetters attached to the chair and the comics discarded and left behind by prior owners in the box quietly forgotten.

The Fireman she looks up and sees clearly for what he is as well, a remnant played over and over again like some old movie footage harmless for the most part save the occasional chill as he passes through someone.

The guy behind the counter helps a customer with his purchase then sees Nenia he quirks his head to the side smiles warmly at her and resumes his place behind the counter.

roll is successful no sweat.

the boy is a ghost tethered to the chair and comics a simple matter to sort out

the fireman is a remnant like a supernatural GIF nothing really needs to be done for that one.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Dusk and Uplift

The Panther roars once as it backpeddles from Dusks strike but Dusk is quicker and her powerful slash takes off one of the things legs allowing her to step inside and drive the razor edged blade into its head and out its back in a shower of sparks and fluids which causes the killing machine to collapse.

Using her forward momentum to her advantage she tumbles through into the second ones path and leaps over it driving her sword through its back and pinning it to the ground.

Uplift then proceeds to put a quick end to the affair by firing a blue white beam from a plasma torch at the pinned machine which promptly causes the things armor to glow red hot and melt into a pool of rapidly cooling slag.

Dusk is able to retrieve her sword from the wreckage and after examining the blade to see no nocks or scratches on the metal is satisfied that they are for the time being victorious and alone.

Uplift mean while secures the information they need and is ready to exit the area.

that hits barely

Panthers toughness save _: 1D20+10 = [1]+10 = 11
:shock: Meep yeah its scrap. And I'm giving you a freebee swing for the botch on its partner that hits automatically

#2s save _: 1D20+ 10 = [6]+10 = 16
is a fail by 11 and 3 degrees

I'm going to rule that lets Uplift hit automatically and slag the second one

you guys are clear with the info and may make your way back to the base.

barring you guys wanting to roleplay anything on sanctuary this part of the encounter is set.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Portia and Hooligan

For the moment Abernathy seems satisfied and nods at Portia

"I believe we can say your first employment test is passed Mr Harper." He smiles genuinely at him while shaking the big irishmans hand in a firm but professional grip that definitely causes Daniels eyes to widen a bit at the inherent strength of the mans hands.

Portia meanwhile gets a call which she takes, speaking briefly and then turning to Abernathy nods and lets him know about an successful operation by two of their operatives.

"Good, we just need Mr. Sebastians news and well be ready for the next part of this." he confirms thanking Portia "Tell our friends to return home soon and safe."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Post Reply