Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Spectrum »

Nenia

"Do you want to sit next to me or in my lap while we read this?"
"Okay, I'm going to need some help with the voices. Can you do that? It's really important? I want to do this right."

"You'll never capture me Amazing Man!"
"That's okay, you go on now."
"Wait, are you suuure that isn't what Amazing Man aide?"
"What do you mean, I'm not doing it right? How is it supposed to go?"
"Let's make sure... 'You'll never capture me Amazing Man!'"
"You'll never hurt anyone again Laughing Lord!"
"*BAM* *KERPOW!* Juuuuuudo chop!"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Nintendogeek01

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 5/5
Hero Points: 2
Condition: 1 Bruise, Fatigue

Colonel Dusk smirks as she examines her blade, she twirls it in her hand a few times while taking a great, deep, breath of satisfaction, "Ah..." Dusk turns to look at Uplift, "Got what we needed?" Dusk asks for confirmation.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Uplift
HP 2
Condition - fine

He puts his staff up as the robot falls over having been cut in half and quickly finishes off what he was doing.

"No, I think that's everything. Lets get out of here before somebody realises we breached the containment area."
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk
Condition: 1 Bruise, Fatigue

Colonel Dusk gives a single quick nod, "Then let's go."

Once the pair were outside Dusk pinged Morpheus, "Colonel Dusk to Morpheus. Intel secured, leaving Sanctuary now."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Dusk and Uplift

its Portia who answers Dusk relating that Morpheus is in a meeting with a new recruit but he acknowledges their report and she passes on the message to return safe and soon. She also relates that the team is waiting on Sebastian to report.

The escape from the underground facility has a few of its own pitfalls as both Dusk and Uplift run for the exit point where Pooka is waiting for them. The facility seems intent on defending its Secrets and chases them with a seemingly renewed fury as drones, panthers and several turreted weapons systems harass the pair as they flee.

Still none of it stops the pair who fight their way clear and who reach a nervous and anxious Pooka who sees whats behind them and teleport the two to the surface almost the very instance they reach him, the space where they were standing being nearly obliterated by blaster fire a split second after they vanish.

After a few panted breaths Pooka stands up looks at a smoking burn on his left arm and then looks at the pair of you both burned bruised and battered but triumphant, and says "Tell Him were even and I am NEVER doing something that insane again ok."

Dusk and Uplift both know hes referencing Morpheus who called in said favor to get them into the secured tunnels below Sanctuaries Main island, they also both know Pooka wasn't happy about that call either.

Still true to his word Pooka takes the pair for Medical treatment which Sanctuary has some of the best in the world, and then puts them on a teleportation pad which immediately drops them at Phalanxe HQ's front door.

You guys are set and may Join Portia Morpheus and Hooligan.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Portia and Hooligan

Abernathy then turns to Daniel and clears his throat. 'Mr Harper I believe its time to take this to the next level so to speak and for that I will need to excuse myself and introduce you to the man who made this all possible, he will reveal the full nature of the organization and Introduce you to your team. It's been a pleasure Mr Harper and I look forward to hearing of your success in our endeavors."

After shaking Daniels Hand and then leaving Daniel who spends a few moments talking with Portia who takes a seat at the desk where she works on something.

The door opens mere moments later to reveal a tall man nearly as tall as Daniel with dark curly hair who gives Daniel an appraising stare before nodding in seeming approval. Like Abernathy before him Daniel can tell that this man is all professional perhaps even more then Mr Abernathy was. Daniel finds himself standing a little straighter under the mans scrutiny as he enters and takes up a position behind Portia who merely nods in acknowledgement.

Dnaiel can see the easy familiarity between the pair as Portia continues her work while the tall man looks out the window for a moment before turning to Daniel.

"Mr. Harper my name is Morpheus, so what do you think so far of our operation here?"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Nenia

As Nenia reads the story of the comics specifically the one which the tether is strongest and most clear to her sight. The little boy sits and stares up at her with eyes wide and exited giggling quietly as she reads and cheering at certain points.

Ass he reads though she notices that the tether slowly seems to fade more and more, and as it does she senses a new presence. A young man in all black standing near by his long coat flapping gently on a non existent breeze. He says nothing and no one even seems to notice him save the guy behind the counter who looks up at where hes standing as if he can sense whats there even though he cant see it and shudders.

The Reaper waits patiently for Nenia to finish and when she has the little boy turns and sees the young man standing there he ducks behind Nenia and hides. The reapers only reacton is to smile gently and offer a hand.

At first reluctant he holds onto Nenias sweater with an almost fevered grip, but Nenia eventually is able to coax him out and to take the Reapers offered hand. The guide looks at her and nods in appreciation before the pair turn and make their way into the light waiting for them. Nenia feels the warmth of that light on her face, and can hear its call but knows its not for her yet.

As the light vanishes an almost silent sigh like some being breathing in relief seems to spread out over the comic store as if a silent tension had been lifted. The firemans echo even seems to take notice before It returns to its loop.

"Thanks." says Eddie the young mans smile a genuine and friendly one as he put aside his guide on wooing women "Never have been able to figure out how to help the little guy." he shrugs easily while ringing up her purchase, and then almost as an afterthought takes the comics the young ghost had left and places them in plastic protectors before putting them in her bag as well.

As she leaves after some brief conversation her purchase in hand she finds herself back at the Midnight Diner where Sakiel greets her as warmly as he always does and offers a sandwhich and a soda though he seats her at a booth this time without any explanation.

Its as shes eating the sandwhich that the bell rings and someone walks in looking around cautiously. Sakiels greeting for him is reserved but still friendly and is followed by a subtle indication to the booth where Nenia is sitting. The gentleman dressed all in black and as dapper and debonai as they come steps gracefully over to her and with a devil may care smile that has set many a womans heart ablaze bows gently and introduces himself.

'Pardon me Maam, My name is Sebastian, and might you be Nenia?"

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Sebastian

Sebastian spent a few moments making small talk with Zekial and catching up on the misadventures that hed been a part of. it was then that a phone rang near by. Zekial picked it up after excusing himself listend a moment before turning to Sebastian and saying "Shes waiting for you, her office."

As Sebastian thanked him and left leaving behind a small writhing mass of shadow which Zekial smiled and pocketed with a nod.

Sebastian made his way up the stairs towards the ornate hallway that lead past several private suites where all manner of beings indulged themselves and their desires or did business of one sort or another. As he approached the double doors of the Clubs propietor Rose where two more Ushabti stood guard the pair raised enormous hands in a gesture indicating he should halt.

A few moments later the doors parted and a little girl wearing a sundress and with her long brown hair in a braid walked out carrying a backpack over her shoulder. The little girl looked up at him and Sebastian was nearly bowled over by the sheer power she possessed. He was interrupted in his contemplaiton of such power when someone entered his field of vision. Someone very strong in their own right.

Kris Majax.

"You again." Kris said in a nearly audible snarl that set Sebastians hackles on end, he could tell something was different about the mage far different from the stage magician with the demnic arm hed fought in the past, no Majax hadchanged clearly much more powerful and much more dangerous.

"Baby sitting or breaking in a new assistant?" Was Sebastians snarked reply causing Krises own eyes to narrow. any further tension was broken when the child standing nearby cleared her throat enough to be heard by both men.

"Kris we need to be going, we have places to be in the morning." her voice was preicse and crisp with a hint of an english accent spoken as if the child had attended some ivy league college or several of them.

Kris nodded at her without ever taking his eyes off Sebastian before leaving with her ingoring any final verbal challenges thrown his way.

--ooOoo--

A short while later Sebastian left the Raven a little shaken after his conversation with Rose, while some of what had passed between them was pleasant the revelation of certain information had him a little out of sorts.

Soon though after recovering himself he went to a crossroads, any crossroads, every Crossroads, and there he found it the Diner right where it always was. A way point, a nexus, the simple neon clock sign pointing both hands at midnight. the plain simple décor evoking a bygone feel.

As he entered he noticed the Angel behind the counter who nodded in a friendly if reserved greeting before surprising him by nodding at a corner booth where he found the object of his search

Nenia was nothing like evne half the stories hed heard and only half of the other stories even did her justice. As she invited him to join her they converesed about several things but then he asked her about a cursed friend and thats when Nenia showed him the picture Azrale had drawn her.

Soon the pair were on their way in a car made of shadows their purpose now understood.

going to advance this part let Kenma elaborate later on with Nenia adding is as Spectrum wants

Soon the full group will be ready to go.

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:05 pm Portia and Hooligan

Abernathy then turns to Daniel and clears his throat. 'Mr Harper I believe its time to take this to the next level so to speak and for that I will need to excuse myself and introduce you to the man who made this all possible, he will reveal the full nature of the organization and Introduce you to your team. It's been a pleasure Mr Harper and I look forward to hearing of your success in our endeavors."

After shaking Daniels Hand and then leaving Daniel who spends a few moments talking with Portia who takes a seat at the desk where she works on something.

The door opens mere moments later to reveal a tall man nearly as tall as Daniel with dark curly hair who gives Daniel an appraising stare before nodding in seeming approval. Like Abernathy before him Daniel can tell that this man is all professional perhaps even more then Mr Abernathy was. Daniel finds himself standing a little straighter under the mans scrutiny as he enters and takes up a position behind Portia who merely nods in acknowledgement.

Dnaiel can see the easy familiarity between the pair as Portia continues her work while the tall man looks out the window for a moment before turning to Daniel.

"Mr. Harper my name is Morpheus, so what do you think so far of our operation here?"
Hooligan
HP-1 Condition- Slightly impressed
Two People see a thing that an Individual does not see.
--Irish Proverb
Leaning back against the side of the table,Daniel ran his hand through his Thick Red Beard as he replies
"Honestly? I'm surprised you haven't lost more personel in this litlle Donnybrook.. Just from what i figure out without lookingat any reports from yer surviving team,you were bessed by Saint Michael hisownself that Aracnos was being lazy that day.If i'm gonna be a true help here,'ll need information on every single person you've fought since this started,as that's the only info we'll have to their Hierarchy......"
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk
Condition: Normal

As eventful as the return trip was Colonel Dusk was almost disappointed for it to end. But, priorities.

It didn't take long for the large alien warrior to find Morpheus, "Morpheus! We've returned," she paused once she spied a human male she hadn't seen before, "Who is this?" she asks Morpheus.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:55 pm Colonel Dusk

As eventful as the return trip was Colonel Dusk was almost disappointed for it to end. But, priorities.

It didn't take long for the large alien warrior to find Morpheus, "Morpheus! We've returned," she paused once she spied a human male she hadn't seen before, "Who is this?" she asks Morpheus.
Hooligan
HP-1 Condition-Normal

Moving away from the Table,Daniel gave his new associate(He couldn't call anyone here a friend yet untill they shared a pint O'bitters together) his best smile as he extended his large hand saying
"Daniel Harper,but when i'm workin' i perfer to go by my nickname Hooligan.I'm the newest fella that decided to help you lot pick a fight with Aracnos(?).And you'd be.....?"
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk

Colonel Dusk maintained her trained posture and did not react to the extended hand. Her gaze shifted to this... Hooligan's eyes, "I am Colonel Ab'Ril Dusk'Chosar. You may address me as Colonel," she introduces herself.

Back when she first came to the group she was aware she may have looked like a hostile takeover to them and tried to dissuade that. This man though, she didn't even know him, what he brings to the table remains to be seen. On that same token... "And how will you help?"
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:44 am Colonel Dusk

Colonel Dusk maintained her trained posture and did not react to the extended hand. Her gaze shifted to this... Hooligan's eyes, "I am Colonel Ab'Ril Dusk'Chosar. You may address me as Colonel," she introduces herself.

Back when she first came to the group she was aware she may have looked like a hostile takeover to them and tried to dissuade that. This man though, she didn't even know him, what he brings to the table remains to be seen. On that same token... "And how will you help?"
Hooligan
HP--1 Condition--Normal

Slowly putting his hand back down,the large Irishman say's the(obvious) military officer
"Alright then,Colonel,you want to keep it straight arrow,then i can oblige yew.....I bring to the poker table a knowledge of not just why Araknos is doing this,but what the other movers&shakers in the....less agreeable parts of town let's say....Intend to do about it.I'm also a Trained Heavyweight Power Boxer and Street Fighter,have such thick skin that a tank shell can't break it and i can pick up said Armored vehical one handed.And i can speak Gaelic,Russian,French,Italian and German fluently.I'm also a former Irish Mob Enforcer who knows how this type of Organization is ran....."
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk

MacynSnow wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:19 am Slowly putting his hand back down,the large Irishman say's the(obvious) military officer
"Alright then,Colonel,you want to keep it straight arrow,then i can oblige yew.....I bring to the poker table a knowledge of not just why Araknos is doing this,but what the other movers&shakers in the....less agreeable parts of town let's say....Intend to do about it.I'm also a Trained Heavyweight Power Boxer and Street Fighter,have such thick skin that a tank shell can't break it and i can pick up said Armored vehical one handed.And i can speak Gaelic,Russian,French,Italian and German fluently.I'm also a former Irish Mob Enforcer who knows how this type of Organization is ran....."
Colonel Dusk's eyes peek to the side toward Morephus, "Still recruiting those of us with something to atone for, huh Morpheus?" she thinks to herself. This was no judgement, she herself had much to atone for, Dusk has no illusions otherwise. "Interesting," she says before turning her head toward Morpheus. "If you've no further need of his presence, I need to bring him to the training room to assess him for myself."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:01 pm Colonel Dusk

MacynSnow wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:19 am Slowly putting his hand back down,the large Irishman say's the(obvious) military officer
Colonel Dusk's eyes peek to the side toward Morephus, "Still recruiting those of us with something to atone for, huh Morpheus?" she thinks to herself. This was no judgement, she herself had much to atone for, Dusk has no illusions otherwise. "Interesting," she says before turning her head toward Morpheus. "If you've no further need of his presence, I need to bring him to the training room to assess him for myself."
Hooligan
Hero Points-1 Condition-Normal

Giving the Alien woman an almost Feral grin,Daniel say's(as he starts popping his joints,which can be heard all the way down the hallway)
"Colonel love,you just had to ask.Just let me grab my 'Work Gloves' from out my jacket,then lead the way...."

Heading quickly over to where he placed his thick 'Boston Bomber' jacket,the burly Irishman pulled out a pair of large Trucker Chains(the type that would be used to wrap around their tires in heavy winters) and started wrapping them around his forearms and hands(not unlike what you'd do with boxers tape) as he followed her out....