Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Spectrum »

Nenia

The skull glances from side to side, taking a long moment to look at Hooligan, a slight tilt of the head. A silent reaction that speaks volumes.

A hand rises, a child's drawing of Oaf held loosely in it's hand.

"Your companion. A witch tore the soul from his flesh. I shall see the form later. It may offer insight. There are many layers of difficulty to what you ask. Some dangerous in deed. Some more so in implication."

"The simplest is in hunting down the abode of this witch and reaching the prison. In other to do this, a distraction would be most helpful. I have little interest in subverting or combatting the witch, all of her minions, and whatever dross she calls her own."

"Reaching the prison is only the first task. From what Mr. Blackwood has told me, your Idiot is likely not the only soul kept imprisoned. This imprisonment is not.. pleasant. Depending upon the preparations, releasing a single soul may not be possible." the phantom skulls in its aura rise and fall, rictus faces in silent screams, "Unleashing them all at a single time could be dangerous to both sides of the Veil. "I will not do such harm to those that I am charged to protect. I must view the situation myself before I can make such decisions."

Continuing on without breath, "If the Fool can be safely released and brought back to his body, that is a third layer of difficulty. The harm may be too deep and he would not thank you for your kindness. There are further questions, out of the countless that have died and will ever die, why this soul, why this individual, why would he be returned to the living. Are each of you prepared to answer such a question and pay the price of having to answer?"

The figure lower's its arm, growing silent and still.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 5/5
Hero Points: 3
Condition: Normal

"Hmph!" Colonel Dusk scoffed, "You come here and insult a valued team-member, an honorable warrior whatever else his faults may be, so soon after his loss in battle. I don't see as we owe you an answer to that question," she tells this specter rather pointedly.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:04 pm Colonel Dusk

"Hmph!" Colonel Dusk scoffed, "You come here and insult a valued team-member, an honorable warrior whatever else his faults may be, so soon after his loss in battle. I don't see as we owe you an answer to that question," she tells this specter rather pointedly.
Hooligan
Hero Point-2 Condition- Normal
Bad as i like ye,It's worse without ye.
-Irish Proverb
Placing a calming hand on Col. Dusk's shoulder,Daniel says
"Ease down a mite Colonel.Our new friend here was simply referencing the Man's callsign...."

Turning to look at Nenia,the large irishman replies
"To awnser your question lass; Why not him? If you'd had yer...unique talents whilst you were a wee bairn,Wouldn't you take every chance you had to prevent a family members untimely demise? Our new friends herein(Daniel sweeps both arms widely to encompass the group) consider him family,and that's all the reason i need ta take a bit of a walk tae the Gates of Damnation if it means gettin' the feller back.Even if'n i don't know him from Adam hisownself...."
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Why? Why are the innocent punished? Why the sacrifice? Why the pain? There aren't any promises. Nothing's certain. Only that some get called, some get saved. She won't ever know the hardship and grief for those of us left behind. We commit these bodies to the void... with a glad heart. For within each seed, there is the promise of a flower. And within each death, no matter how small, there's always a new life. A new beginning. Amen.

Nenia

The figure held still, a slow flicker of the great skeletal wings. The dull eyes towards Blackwood and to Sebastian, the sagest among the gathering. Where their companions fail to see the hubris in their own words, would these two men fail as well? Without the insight, the wisdom, to see the inherent imbalance bringing the unliving, if Oaf was indeed still salvageable, back to life? It was not too late. The task was worthy, even if the scales would be precariously tipped.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:44 pmPlacing a calming hand on Col. Dusk's shoulder,Daniel says
"Ease down a mite Colonel.Our new friend here was simply referencing the Man's callsign...."
Colonel Dusk jerks her shoulder from Hooligan and turns her disapproving gaze toward him, but otherwise makes no other aggressive movement or says anything; the reprimand would have to wait while this guest was here.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Sebastian Blackwood

The sorcerer stood quietly, watching the byplay of Nenia's theatrics and the reactions of both the Colonel and the newer team member, Hooligan. Nenia raised an interesting few points... and then went with overblown dramaticism to completely miss the point by implying something else entirely.

Sebastian wasn't exactly sure why she did that, but suspected that an overly developed sense of drama must have come part-and-parcel with the whole "Psycho-pomp mantle".

Especially because Oaf was still alive in his body, just missing his soul. And yes, he was in excruciating torment that way, in-between life and death, but the consequences of retrieving Oaf's soul from where it was trapped and returning the soul to Oaf's living body... had little actual bearing on the metaphysical scales of life and death, as far as Sebastian was aware.

...Maybe she just misinterpreted what the sorcerer had said? That she thought Oaf was actually dead, and his return was an actual resurrection than rescue from a nightmarish fate.

Nah, that was ridiculous - she was just being overly dramatic. Like Sebastian had been when he was a younger sorcerer! Gods above and below, he had been an angsty, edgy tosser. Chuuni as hell. Time and experience had seen to fixing that!
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Uplift
Hp 2
Condition normal

He rolled his eyes at the overly dramatic entrance and had to resist the urge to shout her down when she made comments about his friend. In the end, he did not like magic and decided rather than stand there giving this person evil looks, he would be better off doing something useful.

"I will be in my lab checking results. Let me know when you're ready to leave."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

As Uplift turns to leave he hears someone speak who rarely says anything that isn't direct or profound.

Morpheus

" Ab'Ril ." he speaks her name enunciating it flawlessly just as he had when shed first told it to him while raising a hand in a mollifying gesture. He hasn't spoken her name in years mostly preferring to call her Colonel or Dusk.

"The error was mine, I should have explained more clearly." He turns to Nenia and as he speaks the haunted look in his eyes as he closes his hand over the bag shed given him which he puts in his pocket.

"I understand the implications of disturbing the Symphony in the way that may be required." he explains cooly his one of voice even and patient "As I understand though this curse that was used was from ""outside""." he says the word cautiously looking to Sebastian for confirmation.

"The use of such is a violation of the balance and should free you to act without worry of your...superiors" he says calmly.

"As to why well...' he hesitates then looks around at everyone preset. "As mr Harper so eleoquently put it Oaf is family, his name given to him by a friend, and adopted by all of us present, we only want whats best for him and to give him a choice in the matter that this curse has taken from him."

He looks almost fondly as he pulls out a game boy that had been sized for Oafs overlarge hands and fingers and hands it to Nenia, who can see the small silver chain formed on it reaching out into the distance.

Nenia swats casually at a small ghost mite attempting to chew on the chains--annoying little pests--and accepts the tether which shows her the memories attached to it of a gentle giant who cared about his friends and wanted only to help people.

"Can you free him please?" Morpheus asks her plaintively "We will make preperations to insure his body is ready for his spirit if you can return it."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:18 pm Everyone

As Uplift turns to leave he hears someone speak who rarely says anything that isn't direct or profound.

Morpheus

" Ab'Ril ." he speaks her name enunciating it flawlessly just as he had when shed first told it to him while raising a hand in a mollifying gesture. He hasn't spoken her name in years mostly preferring to call her Colonel or Dusk.

"The error was mine, I should have explained more clearly." He turns to Nenia and as he speaks the haunted look in his eyes as he closes his hand over the bag shed given him which he puts in his pocket.

"I understand the implications of disturbing the Symphony in the way that may be required." he explains cooly his one of voice even and patient "As I understand though this curse that was used was from ""outside""." he says the word cautiously looking to Sebastian for confirmation.

"The use of such is a violation of the balance and should free you to act without worry of your...superiors" he says calmly.

"As to why well...' he hesitates then looks around at everyone preset. "As mr Harper so eleoquently put it Oaf is family, his name given to him by a friend, and adopted by all of us present, we only want whats best for him and to give him a choice in the matter that this curse has taken from him."

He looks almost fondly as he pulls out a game boy that had been sized for Oafs overlarge hands and fingers and hands it to Nenia, who can see the small silver chain formed on it reaching out into the distance.

Nenia swats casually at a small ghost mite attempting to chew on the chains--annoying little pests--and accepts the tether which shows her the memories attached to it of a gentle giant who cared about his friends and wanted only to help people.

"Can you free him please?" Morpheus asks her plaintively "We will make preperations to insure his body is ready for his spirit if you can return it."
Hooligan
HP- 1 Condition-Normal
Always remember to forget the friends that were untrue.
But never forget those that have stuck by you.
-Irish Proverb
The newest member of this....partnership?Buisness arrangement?Friendship? Daniel wasn't sure yet,but he knew that it was a unique experience...
Anyway,the big Irishman was happy that his words had an effect.He lightly nudged Col.Dusk with his shoulder as he whispered
"See Col.? It's just like me gran always said "Yiu c'n attract things better wit Sugar than Vinager..""
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:46 amHe lightly nudged Col.Dusk with his shoulder...
"Stop that!" Colonel Dusk snapped back in a whisper as she, once again, jerked her shoulder away. Why was this human so insistent on such physical contact!? It was hard enough adjusting to how casually humans shook hands, but now this.

Dusk turned her attention back to the conversation with the... 'guest,' though she had nothing else to add for now; Shadow Man was more knowledgeable and Morpheus was more diplomatic, still if the group's next course of action was about to be decided she needed to be there to weigh in as needed...

... assuming Hooligan's constant need to engage in physical contact didn't make her lose her mind first.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

Nenia floats there like some ethereal spectre for a moment as she touches the Gameboy, as she does memories seem to play across the caul that surrounds her being and the deathly face hidden by the shroud seems to smile genuinely instead of the rictus grin associated with her form.

'"Yes I will free him, this curse is a breaker of the balances and cannot be allowed to stand." she returns the Gameboy to Morpheus having what she needs from it "One final warning he may make a different choice to pass on, if he does Im honor bound to aid his choice, also he may be …" She paused as if searching for the right word before settling on "Different, the shadowlands change people and if some of the predators of that land have gotten to him in the time hes been there then..." She shrugged apologetically but the message was clear as were her implications.

"Have his form ready soon, time has little meaning in the deadlands so we could return far faster then you might think." Then having said so she was gone. Simply not there any more as if she had never been there in the first place.

As she stepped into the shadow lands she followed the silver chain letting the strong memories of life and love and enjoyment guide her, they were like a beacon to her as she traveled the ways. Along the path she saw other things as well. Spirits making their way towards their final destination, stygian guardsmen patrolling the ways keeping them free of pests and predators and making sure the procession moved forward.

She also saw the predators the specters and ghouls who waited for the weak or the lame to falter, patiently they waited some of them screamed or howled in anticipation, shrieks of terror designed to startle the unwary, some of them mimicked cries of a child or infant attempting to lure the incautious to their fate.

She ignored them save for one particularly aggressive ghoul that she saved the stygian guard the trouble of dealing with by obliterating it in a fit of pique. She probably shouldn't have bothered, the instant she did a group of a dozen more descended on he remains and tore them to shreds.

More, there were always more.

Still she soldiered on, the vast landscape of the lands of the dead blurring beneath her as she approached the ancient ocean of the Pearl the Unconscious of all life, marred here by the Maelstrom the vast ocean whose winds swept souls into the storm of Oblivion. She stared fascinated for moments as several unlucky souls were swept out to see and into the storm to become void and shuddered involuntarily at the hunger she felt, ancient implacable coming from it.

She turned away from the spectacle and waited for what seemed a long time until something approached. A boat, ancient and rickety with but a single sail. on the rear deck near the stern stood a single figure cloaked and robed in deepest ebony, carrying a long pole in its skeletal hands. The hooded head turned to her and inclined in a gentle manner as it waited her to enter.

--ooOoo--

In the lands of the living Morpheus took a deep breath shuddering slightly as he did so and regaining his composure quickly. He turned to Dusk he picture of calm command that she remembered, and handed her the information shed need to begin her part of the task.

"Colonel, our friend is in need would you please be so kind as to obtain the final piece of this pizzle?"

Dusk has a simple moment to scan the plans and location of an underground bunker once used by those called trolls which leads down to a deeper set of tunnels where the lair of the Usurper awaits her and her team. She has a goal and a mission now.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk

Colonel Dusk looks over the plans briefly then nods to Morpheus, she then pings the bases intercom, "Suit up and prepare to depart! Uplift, prepare the van, everyone will be receiving copies of the map and plans. Be waiting at the exit the second you are ready to depart, you have one hour tops! Oaf is counting on us everyone, let's not keep him waiting," Dusk said as she went to run off copies of the plans and do some quick maintenance on her weapons and armor.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:17 pm Colonel Dusk

Colonel Dusk looks over the plans briefly then nods to Morpheus, she then pings the bases intercom, "Suit up and prepare to depart! Uplift, prepare the van, everyone will be receiving copies of the map and plans. Be waiting at the exit the second you are ready to depart, you have one hour tops! Oaf is counting on us everyone, let's not keep him waiting," Dusk said as she went to run off copies of the plans and do some quick maintenance on her weapons and armor.
HOOLIGAN
HP-2 Condition-Ready for Action!
“May the enemies of Ireland never eat bread nor drink whiskey, but be afflicted with itching without the benefit of scratching.”
-Irish Quote
Nodding to Dusk,Daniel grabs his Chains and Start's to re-wrap them as he follows Uplift to their transport while saying
"Don't you be worrin' none,Morpheus.We'll be having this sorted before your Tea get's cold..."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Portia
HP : 1
Condition : normal

Portia didn't know much about how the spirit realms worked, but she knew how this one worked quite well.

An infiltrate and retrieve mission. Right in her wheelhouse.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Sebastian Blackwood
HP: 4 apparently, but we're probably on another chapter now...

The sorcerer smirked at the byplay between the Colonol and the Irishman, as well as Nenia's dramatics. It was simply amusing to watch them all interact. Frankly, it reminded Sebastian far too much of himself and his younger days, but for now, those memories were fond rather than chock full of cringe and embarrassment.

"Well then, once more unto the breach. To ready ourselves for action!" Sebastian smiled, stretching lightly and loosening his fingers in preparation for a day's spellcasting.