For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Nintendogeek01

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 5/5
Hero Points: 2
Condition: Normal

"I am no one's 'love.' Colonel will suffice," Dusk replies as Hooligan rather hastily leaves, apparently to go grab his things. Dusk sighed and turned to face Morpheus again, "So, again, did you need him for anything else?" her tone already sounded more weary.
catsi563

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 »

Dusk Portia Uplift Hooligan

It didn't take long for the large alien warrior to find Morpheus, "Morpheus! We've returned," she paused once she spied a human male she hadn't seen before, "Who is this?" she asks Morpheus.

Moving away from the Table,Daniel gave his new associate(He couldn't call anyone here a friend yet untill they shared a pint O'bitters together) his best smile as he extended his large hand saying
"Daniel Harper,but when i'm workin' i perfer to go by my nickname Hooligan.I'm the newest fella that decided to help you lot pick a fight with Aracnos(?).And you'd be.....?

Colonel Dusk maintained her trained posture and did not react to the extended hand. Her gaze shifted to this... Hooligan's eyes, "I am Colonel Ab'Ril Dusk'Chosar. You may address me as Colonel," she introduces herself.

Back when she first came to the group she was aware she may have looked like a hostile takeover to them and tried to dissuade that. This man though, she didn't even know him, what he brings to the table remains to be seen. On that same token... "And how will you help?"

Slowly putting his hand back down,the large Irishman say's the(obvious) military officer
"Alright then,Colonel,you want to keep it straight arrow,then i can oblige yew.....I bring to the poker table a knowledge of not just why Araknos is doing this,but what the other movers&shakers in the....less agreeable parts of town let's say....Intend to do about it.I'm also a Trained Heavyweight Power Boxer and Street Fighter,have such thick skin that a tank shell can't break it and i can pick up said Armored vehical one handed.And i can speak Gaelic,Russian,French,Italian and German fluently.I'm also a former Irish Mob Enforcer who knows how this type of Organization is ran....."
Morpheus watches the introduction of the two closely but says nothing nor does he give any indication of his thoughts on the matter as he meets Dusks eyes evenly.

Giving the Alien woman an almost Feral grin,Daniel say's(as he starts popping his joints,which can be heard all the way down the hallway)
"Colonel love,you just had to ask.Just let me grab my 'Work Gloves' from out my jacket,then lead the way...."

Colonel Dusk's eyes peek to the side toward Morephus, "Still recruiting those of us with something to atone for, huh Morpheus?" she thinks to herself. This was no judgement, she herself had much to atone for, Dusk has no illusions otherwise. "Interesting," she says before turning her head toward Morpheus. "If you've no further need of his presence, I need to bring him to the training room to assess him for myself."

"I am no one's 'love.' Colonel will suffice," Dusk replies as Hooligan rather hastily leaves, apparently to go grab his things. Dusk sighed and turned to face Morpheus again, "So, again, did you need him for anything else?" her tone already sounded more weary.
Theres an almost amused tilt to Morpheus's eyes but it vanishes as quickly as it was there as he nods to Dusk an indication to do as she needs to do.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk

Colonel Dusk returns the nod, "Let me know as soon as we have something," Dusk tells the remaining people in the room, before moving to lead Hooligan to the training room.

It'd take a few minutes longer for her to join Hooligan in the training room, time spent getting changed out of her armor and into proper work-out clothes. "I do not know this planet's fighting styles by name," she said as she hefted up a sandbag and secured it to its place, Morpheus knew some of his residents were superhumans and these sandbags had withstood her blows well enough thus far. "I'll first need to see it," she said, standing to brace the punching bag against Hooligan.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:31 pm Colonel Dusk

Colonel Dusk returns the nod, "Let me know as soon as we have something," Dusk tells the remaining people in the room, before moving to lead Hooligan to the training room.

It'd take a few minutes longer for her to join Hooligan in the training room, time spent getting changed out of her armor and into proper work-out clothes. "I do not know this planet's fighting styles by name," she said as she hefted up a sandbag and secured it to its place, Morpheus knew some of his residents were superhumans and these sandbags had withstood her blows well enough thus far. "I'll first need to see it," she said, standing to brace the punching bag against Hooligan.
Hooligan
Hero Points-1
Condition- Normal

Daniel nodded,getting into the classic Boxer's Stance(legs slightly apart,dominant foot forward,both arms brought even to the head with the primary arm pulled alongside the head with both hands clenched into fists) as he began talking,using what his daughter called "bossy voice"
"There's 3 styles of fighting in boxing and one sub-style.The first,called either Swarmer or In-Fighter attempt to overwhelm you by the application of constant Pressure...."
Suddenly moving suprisingly fast for his size,Daniel stops just short of the bag as he starts laying punches into it(continuing to speak as he does)
"these type of folk don't care if they get hit,so long as the other one takes a worse beating than them."

Moving to just in arms reach of the sandbag,The large Irishman continues talking,his almost hypnotic tone beling the speed&power his punches have
"Next we have the Outboxer or Classic Boxer,Who're the exact opposite of the Swarmers.They keep their distance,staying in near constant motion(he starts bouncing on the balls of his feet,swing quick and constant blows on the sandbag) and raining as many blows down as possible,making up for their lack of power...."

Switching back into his original starting position,Daniel grins as he says
"Then we have my style,which is called Slugger or Brawler.We're considered the Brutes of The ring,as we're all about the Power Blows(he demonstrates by hitting the sandbag as hard as he can,almost ripping off the hook it was on).Normally,we don't have a lot of mobility to us as we just need to land 1-2 solid hits to hurt somebody..."

Getting back into the outboxer range,Hooligan finishes up his 'lesson'
"The last is a sub-style called Boxer-Puncher.These people combine the Outboxer's reach with the Swarmer's Speed(he demonstrates by hitting the sandbag rapidly while moving around quickly).Unfortunately,the don't have all the mobility or defensive capacity of the Pure Boxer....So,any questions Colonel?"
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk

Colonel Dusk braced the sandbag, it took no small amount of effort throughout, and she had to regain her footing as he demonstrated the "slugger" boxing. It's clear he's stronger than she is, probably stronger than most males from her homeworld. Not sure if he's stronger than Oaf, but regardless she got what she wanted from the sandbag.

"One," she answers tersely as she stops the swinging of the sandbag. Dusk moves to the wall where she set her shield and its paired bracer down. She equips the bracer and activates it, bringing the shield to is proper place before stepping on the mats. "How well does that work on a moving target?" she asks while using her free hand to knock on the surface of the shield. Dusk then assumes a stance with her shield forward.

OOC
---------------------
"Dusk" is at normal Dodge & Parry of 10 for this.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 12:03 am Colonel Dusk

Colonel Dusk braced the sandbag, it took no small amount of effort throughout, and she had to regain her footing as he demonstrated the "slugger" boxing. It's clear he's stronger than she is, probably stronger than most males from her homeworld. Not sure if he's stronger than Oaf, but regardless she got what she wanted from the sandbag.

"One," she answers tersely as she stops the swinging of the sandbag. Dusk moves to the wall where she set her shield and its paired bracer down. She equips the bracer and activates it, bringing the shield to is proper place before stepping on the mats. "How well does that work on a moving target?" she asks while using her free hand to knock on the surface of the shield. Dusk then assumes a stance with her shield forward.

OOC
---------------------
"Dusk" is at normal Dodge & Parry of 10 for this.
Hooligan
Hero Points-1 Condition -Normal

Loosening back up his arms,Daniel gives a loud and boisterous laugh as he says to Dusk(getting back into his original stance)
"In boxing we call this Sparing or 'Catch a Shadow' and Colonel darlin',i thought you'd never ask that...."

Suddenly speeding into Dusk's close range,Daniel ratches his right towards her,aiming specifically for her Shield arm.....

OOC
---------------------
Startle attempt:
http://roll.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup. ... lid=204062--7+11=18

Power Attack Blow(aiming for Shield and the arm):
http://roll.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup. ... lid=204063---10+7=17

If successful Tough DC is 10+7+5=22 (i think....)
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk

"Sparring is when I'd be trying to hit back," Colonel Dusk retorts as she barely even turns the shield such that his punch slides right off of it with some effort on her part. "And the only 'darlings' here are that sorry attempt at a glare, and that child's play you call a punch!" she barks in full drill-instructor mode! She quickly circles around behind Hooligan as the momentum of his deflected punch carry him, she wheels around and knocks on the front of her shield again before holding it in front of her, "Now again!"

OOC
---------------------
1d20 + 15 = 28 to resist the Startle attempt.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:19 am Colonel Dusk

"Sparring is when I'd be trying to hit back," Colonel Dusk retorts as she barely even turns the shield such that his punch slides right off of it with some effort on her part. "And the only 'darlings' here are that sorry attempt at a glare, and that child's play you call a punch!" she barks in full drill-instructor mode! She quickly circles around behind Hooligan as the momentum of his deflected punch carry him, she wheels around and knocks on the front of her shield again before holding it in front of her, "Now again!"

OOC
---------------------
1d20 + 15 = 28 to resist the Startle attempt.
Hooligan
Hero Points-1, 0 Condition-Normal

Spinning around on his heels,Daniel tries to connect with a haymaker but misses the blow.Quickly Ratcheting his off hand,the large Irishman's almost seem to blur as he goes for a bodyblow....

OCC
----------------------
Haymaker swing:
1D20+12 =15 missed again

Swinging bodyblow(Hero Point re-roll):
1D20+12+10=27hey,that actually hit! :)
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk
Condition: 1 Bruise, temporary daze

The haymaker missed entirely. "You're suppossed to hit the..." she trails off when she notices a body blow coming in too fast for her to react properly to. "Ungh! Shield..." she grunts, that was careless of her. "Alright..." she uses her free hand to grab his offending hand's wrist, "...you want a sparring match? Fine!" the grip on his wrist wasn't proper enough to really hold him but it did slow him down enough that her attempted shield slam almost connected. More importantly, Dusk bought some room to regain her footing.

OOC
---------------------
Move Action: Dazed

Standard: Shield Slam Defensive Attack 3 1d20 + 5 = 17

Standard Result: Based on Hooligan's parry rating that'll just miss, but Colonel Dusk's dodge and parry are now 3 higher.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:53 am Colonel Dusk
Condition: 1 Bruise, temporary daze

The haymaker missed entirely. "You're suppossed to hit the..." she trails off when she notices a body blow coming in too fast for her to react properly to. "Ungh! Shield..." she grunts, that was careless of her. "Alright..." she uses her free hand to grab his offending hand's wrist, "...you want a sparring match? Fine!" the grip on his wrist wasn't proper enough to really hold him but it did slow him down enough that her attempted shield slam almost connected. More importantly, Dusk bought some room to regain her footing.

OOC
---------------------
Move Action: Dazed

Standard: Shield Slam Defensive Attack 3 1d20 + 5 = 17

Standard Result: Based on Hooligan's parry rating that'll just miss, but Colonel Dusk's dodge and parry are now 3 higher.
Hooligan
Hero Point - 0 Condition -Normal

Immediately pulling back from the shield slam attempt,the burly Irishman pop his neck briefly as he said
"You know as well as i Colonel the best way to truly assess a newbie is to actually spar,not the game o' Patty cake we were doin'.I can understand your reasoning fer having us do this,i really can,but if you want to give me a true assessment,don't handle me like a newborn babe.Besides,i told yew before i was a trained Street Fighter as well...."
Trying to Press his advantage,Hooligan rushes back in hopping to keep her from catching her feet under her.....

OCC
----------------------
Second Startle attempt:
http://roll.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup. ... lid=204082:1D20 + 11 =13

Fast Power jab(Attempt for Fast Grab):
http://roll.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup. ... lid=204083:1D20 + 8 = 12
I suck today....:(
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk
Condition: 1 Bruise

"Not so!" Dusk barks back as she easily sidesteps his next attack and leers down at him with that same stare she's used to scare recruits back in line. Her follow-up attack is too slow to catch him but her guard remains up. "There's more than one way to take the measure of someone!"

OOC
---------------------
I can't possibly fail that roll to resist startle.

Move Action: Move Action startle, -5 penalty for doing so as a move action: 1d20+10 = 23

Move Result: Hooligan must roll his intimidate, or insight, or will vs. DC23 or be vulnerable to Dusk's next attack

Standard: Shield Slam Defensive Attack 3 1d20 + 5 = 9

Standard Result: No way in hell that hits even if he's vulnerable, but Colonel Dusk's dodge and parry are now 3 higher.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:36 am Colonel Dusk

"Not so!" Dusk barks back as she easily sidesteps his next attack and leers down at him with that same stare she's used to scare recruits back in line. Her follow-up attack is too slow to catch him but her guard remains up. "There's more than one way to take the measure of someone!"

OOC
---------------------
I can't possibly fail that roll to resist startle.

Move Action: Move Action startle, -5 penalty for doing so as a move action: 1d20+10 = 23

Move Result: Hooligan must roll his intimidate, or insight, or will vs. DC23 or be vulnerable to Dusk's next attack

Standard: Shield Slam Defensive Attack 3 1d20 + 5 = 9

Standard Result: No way in hell that hits even if he's vulnerable, but Colonel Dusk's dodge and parry are now 3 higher.
Hooligan

Using the momentum from his missed attack,Daniel's body suddenly rises from the near crouch,his fist trying to connect by going for an uppercut.Talking as he moved,Daniel tried to get a better insight into his new friend(after he talked her into going down to the pub)
"Really,so how do you do it?Usually my normal method be taking 'em down to the pub.You'd be suprised what you find out over a round o'bitters...."

OCC
---------------------
Startle resist attempt:
http://roll.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup. ... lid=204086 1D20 + 11 =17 i'm gonna get clobbered for this if this misses....

Moving Uppercut(Power Attack used and Fast Grab used if it connects):
http://roll.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup. ... lid=204087 1D20 + 3 =20 hah,best roll of the night! Which doesn't really say much,but still......:)
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk

"Doubtful," Dusk responds, "This planet's not the only one with alcohol," she adds as she attempts a shield slam, "Not by a longshot."

OOC
---------------------
Move Action: Since I squandered my last startle with a bad attack roll I'm going to Move Action startle again, as always -5 penalty for doing so as a move action: 1d20+10 = 11 eh, just not scary this time.

Move Result: Hooligan must roll his intimidate, or insight, or will vs. DC11 or be vulnerable to Dusk's next attack. But I'm pretty sure his intimidate is high enough he can't possibly fail so I think he's good.

Standard: Shield Slam Defensive Attack 3 1d20 + 5 = 16

Standard Result: I don't think that hits, but Colonel Dusk's dodge and parry are now 3 higher.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:59 pm Colonel Dusk

"Doubtful," Dusk responds, "This planet's not the only one with alcohol," she adds as she attempts a shield slam, "Not by a longshot."

OOC
---------------------
Move Action: Since I squandered my last startle with a bad attack roll I'm going to Move Action startle again, as always -5 penalty for doing so as a move action: 1d20+10 = 11 eh, just not scary this time.

Move Result: Hooligan must roll his intimidate, or insight, or will vs. DC11 or be vulnerable to Dusk's next attack. But I'm pretty sure his intimidate is high enough he can't possibly fail so I think he's good.

Standard: Shield Slam Defensive Attack 3 1d20 + 5 = 16

Standard Result: I don't think that hits, but Colonel Dusk's dodge and parry are now 3 higher.
Hooligan

"That may be true 'bout alcohol," Hooligan easily moves out of the way of Dusk's shield slam attempt, "But you'd be suprised what you find by just talking to a fellow," daniel shoots out a right jab, "but you never awnsered my question,Darling Colonel:how do you usually go 'bout knowing your folks better?"

OCC
-------------------
Neither the hit or startle would work,you were right on point for that. And how is your dodge/parry rising every turn? If my counts right,even a nst 20 won't hit after next round....

Right jab attempt:
http://roll.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=204 1D20 + 8 = 27 this should connect....

Free Grab attempt from Fast Grab:
http://roll.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=204 1D20 + 8 = 12 don't think it connects,but oh well.....
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk
Condition: 2 Bruise, staggered

"Ungh!" Dusk grunts from the blow that slipped by her guard and into the same spot his last body-blow struck. "Enough!" she orders, "Your fighting skill is adequate," Dusk admitted the warrior in her wanted to keep going, she wanted to cut loose and stop fighting on the defensive but that would idiotically risk serious injury to one or both of them.

Dusk uses her free hand to nurse her injured side, "That said you still need to listen better; if I wanted a sparring match I would've said so from the start, and I am not your 'darling' or 'love' or whatever else you have in mind. Colonel will suffice!"

OOC
---------------------
13 on the toughness check. Not wasting a luck or hero point on an unintentional sparring match.