For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by MacynSnow »

Nintendogeek01 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:48 pm Colonel Dusk
Luck: 5/5
Hero Points: 2
Condition: 2 Bruise, staggered

"Ungh!" Dusk grunts from the blow that slipped by her guard and into the same spot his last body-blow struck. "Enough!" she orders, "Your fighting skill is adequate," Dusk admitted the warrior in her wanted to keep going, she wanted to cut loose and stop fighting on the defensive but that would idiotically risk serious injury to one or both of them.

Dusk uses her free hand to nurse her injured side, "That said you still need to listen better; if I wanted a sparring match I would've said so from the start, and I am not your 'darling' or 'love' or whatever else you have in mind. Colonel will suffice!"

OOC
---------------------
13 on the toughness check. Not wasting a luck or hero point on an unintentional sparring match.
Hooligan
Hero Point - 0 Condition -Normal

Working the kinks out of his arms,Daniel really wanted to cut loose ,but knew better than to tempt fate.As he started removing the chains as he said
"I don't think your understanding me,Colonel.Where i come from on Earth(called Ireland,if you want to know more),the placement of words have just as much meaning as the words themselves.By placing Darling at the end of your rank,it means your higher up in the hierarchy than me....."

Facing Dusk directly,Daniel holds both arms akimbo to his body as he continues speaking
"And,to be fair to you&our future friendship,because i jumped to conclusion's and escilated that,You get a free swing on me.I won't even guard or move....."

OCC
-------------------
Hooligan will easily let you have a free hit,as he did start it,and that famous Irish pride won't let him do any less....:)
catsi563

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

Theres no warning not even a gleam or narrowing of Dusks eyes before she throws a wicked fast right cross that lands on Daniels chin with a sound like a rifle shot going off and crosses his eyes and rings his bell like the church calling to mass.

To Daniels credit he maintains his feet inspite of the double vision and watery eyes and ringing in his ears that confirms that Dusk was holding back. He hasn't been tagged that solidly since he went a few rounds with the Vigilant the heroes skills and strength making him a formidable opponent, and a good drinking buddy if the truth be known.

Off to the side Morpheus and Portia stand near Uplift quietly observing the whole affair. The tech genius seems to be busying himself with a computer program though even he reacts when Dusk lands her shot and looks up enough to wince at the impact before going back to work.

Portia has taken the entire affair in but for the moment keeps her thoughts on the fight to herself, Arachnos did not spar for training, they fought and you either won or spent time in the infirmary or the morgue.

"Satisfied Colonel?" Morpheus asks evenly

Hero points to both for being good sports no injuries acquired during the fight :)

Each fighter has a pretty good measure of the other now
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk
Hero Points: 3
Condition: 2 Bruised

Dusk's blow was solid, and so was the slight pain in her knuckles. He's tough alright. "For the last time, Colonel will suffice."
catsi563 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:50 pm"Satisfied Colonel?" Morpheus asks evenly.
"Since he's as resilient as he claims? Yes," she answers, "Now if you'll excuse me," back to the paperwork... ugh...

OOC
--------------------
Yeesh, can't a guy go walk his dogs without something being done for his character?
Last edited by Nintendogeek01 on Mon May 07, 2018 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:50 pm Theres no warning not even a gleam or narrowing of Dusks eyes before she throws a wicked fast right cross that lands on Daniels chin with a sound like a rifle shot going off and crosses his eyes and rings his bell like the church calling to mass.
To Daniels credit he maintains his feet inspite of the double vision and watery eyes and ringing in his ears that confirms that Dusk was holding back. He hasn't been tagged that solidly since he went a few rounds with the Vigilant the heroes skills and strength making him a formidable opponent, and a good drinking buddy if the truth be known.
Hooligan
Hero Point - 1 Condition -Sortof Normal <Do you hear what I hear?> :lol:

Popping his jaw,Hooligan says(while shaking the ringing out of his head)
"Whatever you say,Colonel...."

Grabbing his jacket,Daniel throws it over his shoulder as he heads towards Morpheus & the rest of the team,saying as he does
"So Morpheus,after my Evaluation,what next?...."

OCC
-------------------
Ok,that was a cool way of ending it.Don't think they'll be friends yet,but that can be saved for the after Adventure Pub crawl! :D
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Nenia

It had been a difficult decision. She could have come as a mortal, a nobody, walk up and hope to be let in. They hadn't hired Her though, they had hired the Nenia, the psychopomp, the walker between worlds and that was who they would get.

Any supernatural security measures start to go off as she approaches. Something powerful, something Not Here. Normal senses wouldn't pick up on her, not even the ability to see the well hidden, instead, she walks the Deadlands.

You could learn something of a place by its reflection. The care which was used to build it, maintain it, the history of what was or whether there was any history at all.

The presence continues to prowl through the headquarters, learning, probing.

Is it friend? Is it foe? Were they warned of her coming?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

Morpheus opens his mouth to answer Daniel and then as a plume of warm breath becomes visible from as he exhales he stiffens. Everyone else feels the same chill in the air he does, and a feeling of unease best described as "'someone walking over your grave"'. Morpheus looks at Portia who nods and moves off to a phone where she asks a few questions.

"The wards have been set off, something passed right through them with no effort." She answers evenly her voice betraying no emotion as she hangs the phone up.

"Damn that is a problem, those wards are solid,; I made sure to build a bulwark on both sides of the Imageria. Unless they're coming in another way." Morpheus's voice is cool and even but with a hint of consternation. Morpheus spends a moment thinking then stiffens again and reaches into his pocket where he pulls out a small note he received from Sebastian earlier which he reads before putting it away with a nod.

He then says in a clear voice "Nenia, I offer my hospitality please come in."

--ooOoo--

The Red brick of the Edifice is impressive from the street as are the wards that serve as its shield, its no threshhold but it more then suffices to keep ghosts and other harmful entities out. She cna even feel that they extend into the imageria guarding both sides of the building. Still theres one way that no one not even a necromancer cna guard against.

She simply shifts into the shadownlands, as she does so the worlds turns as if sunset had come and the world goes dark. No clouds or stars or anything wheels overhead just the black emptoness of the lands betweem. She sees the edfice of the building as it appears in the deadlands. Its facade still strong but showing small cracks of age, its windows not as secure as they once were, the webs of the weaver spiders still firm as the building is still firm in its foundations and hasnt had time to age.

As she enters she feesl the wards going off alerting the occupants to an intrusion but pays them no mind as shadowy presenses rush aorund her the living reacting to the intrustion in their own ways.

As she passes through the building she cna see signs of the buildings purpose, solidity, protection, firmness, a shield, people protecting each other like the Spartans of old did, shield to shield, shoulder to shoulder. At last she comes to the place she thinks she was supposed to go. In a gymnasium where the building whispers of fresh combat, and the exercise of muscles and spirits she sees five people standing around talking to each other. One of them a small lithe female almost seems to look right at her for a moment but she doesnt see whats there.

Nenia can see the chains of various past hurts and scars on them just as she can see on any living being. the tethers formed over a lifetime on one in particular a powerful set of two tethers leads off into the distance of the shadowlands.

these are the people she seeks. Sebastian is not among them yet but may be soon.

thats when she hears the man with the powerful tethers say in a clear voice "Nenia, I offer my hospitality please come in."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk
Hero Points: 3
Condition: Normal

Colonel Dusk had barely made it to her office when the chill fell down on the air. Dusk's instincts flared up, prompting her to immediately suit up and grab the rest of her equipment!

Colonel Dusk rejoined Morpheus, fully outfitted but nothing drawn yet, just in time for Morpheus to offer his hospitality. Dusk's almost perpetually stern expression twisted into further displeasure but this was his base. All the same she remained nearby.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Hooligan
Hero Points - 1
Condition - Normal

Seeing Morpheus' breath,Daniel immediately went on edge(especially after he started feeling the chill).Quickly crossing himself and kissing his snall silver cross necklace,Hooligan's free hand clenched ,noticeably popping the knuckles.He might not be of much help when it came to Ghosts an' whathaveyou,but he'd at least try...

Noticing the Colonel quickly coming back from her office in full kit,The large Irishman gave her a quick nod then went back to looking for what was causing the Haunt effect,giving Morpheus a slightly suprised look when he invited said sneak artist inside....
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Uplift
HP 2
Condition Normal

"More magic users. My favourite. " Uplift sighed. He scanned the new arrival and Hooligan with his glasses to get a sense of them.

I miss Oaf he thought, This place is turning into another group of strangers.
Expertise Science: 1d20+18 35
Last edited by Corrigon on Sun May 13, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Nenia

What is this that stands before me?
Figure in black which points at me

A hole is torn in the air before Morpheus, the ragged edges spilling forth tendrils of fog.

A figure steps through. Male? Female? Fragments of bone and withered flesh fly around it, obscuring the features.

It makes no gesture towards any of you.

"I have been called. I have arrived. Hospitality is offered and offered again in turn."

A hand reaches down to the side, drawing forth a small leather bag (two fists large) and offering it out towards Morpheus.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Nenia

Nenia holds that pose, looking darkly impressive. She's too cool to try to be scary, she just is. Right?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

Morpheus takes the small bag looks into it briefly, and what he sees causes his eyes to widen before he quickly closes the bag and places it into his pocket as he looks at Nenia for a long moment.

Morpheus's voice catches for a moment before he regains his composure and speaks to her "Were glad to have your help Nenia. I presume Mr. Sebastian has told you what we need?"

As he speaks he nods ot Portia who speaks quickly into her comm, the alarms going off inside the building go silent as does the alarms raised by the wards.

Catsi stories
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Nenia

The skullfaced form nods slightly. "He has told me of what you seek. Has he explained to you of what it means?"
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Sebastian Blackwood
HP: Will recall later

"Not quite," the sorcerer stepped out from another room and through the dedicated teleportation arrays. His own shadow-path was keyed to allow entry there without tripping the base's wards, allowing him the far quieter entrance. And then it was just sticking to the shadows the loved to cling to him until the perfect time for his re-appearance.

He smirked at the psychopomp's sense of flair and 'professionalism'. It was actually rather nice to see that this 'Nenia' was taking things seriously enough to come dressed for anything, and play up the whole "bridge between life and death, guide of souls to the after" schtick for the non-magicals. Amongst a group of superhumans who have had a past on the darker side of justice, presentation was very important.

Still didn't stop him from smirking at the fact that the "Reaper" going for the shock-and-awe tactic of entry was just so... classic.

"I've explained some of what is entailed... but not everything. It'll be easier for them to understand the smaller details if you explain them yourself," Sebastian shrugged. "You know your own brand of magic better than I do."
OOC wrote:I'M BACK, BABY!
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Portia

"Well, THIS should be interesting ..." Mei mused to herself, figuring if the new arrival is as good at death-aspected magic as making impressive entrances, they might have a chance.