Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Corrigon
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:36 am

Uplift

"If you know how to get past the drones, please show us and we can arrange a supply of honey and cheeseburgers.

This one is a friend of Hornet's. Might be worth keeping him on side in case we have any problems from that angle.
Persuasion: 1d20+3 16

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:07 pm

Everyone

"Gretchen can haz cheezburgr>!!" the little goblin squeaks in happiness practically doing a little jig before looking side to side to see if anyone or thing is eavesdropping. then he turns and points down the darkened tunnel "This way Gretchen can show."

Gretchen then turns and scampers off down the tunnel eagerly gesturing for the group to follow him. The little goblin for all his protests does seem to easily know his way around the tunnels and several times he calls a halt before pulling a long odd looking stick off his back which the more technically minded can see is festooned with all sorts of odd gadgets, and odds and ends, and bit and bobbits. He uses the tool to do several things prying open a small crack which Daniel then has to one arm open into a full doorway. Then accesses a panel where the little goblin mutters continuously before grinning wickedly like hes just won a candybar as he breaks the access code on the panel.

Several times he calls a halt pointing out a patrol of some sort of drones similar to the Panthers Dusk and Uplift encountered before a half dozen by Dusks count given the differences she notes in each ones armored hull. Left overs most likely from the Usurpers Black Monday invasion.

Finally Gretchen reaches a rockface seemingly a dead end before again using his tool to open a panel where he fiddles with the wires and a then urges Daniel to pull on a lever inside the panel. Daniel soon finds the lever a more difficult task then the prior door was, as the lever seems designed as an emergency device that requires either superhuman strength or some sort of power to move but after a few seconds of strain and effort it gives way to the powerhouse Irishmans strength and ratchets over to its new position with a loud CLANK.

The rock face shudders then slides open with a mechanical hissing sound buffeting everyone with a face full of cold processed air.

"Gretchen can go no further here, too many scary things, not even for cheezburger or hunny does he go..." the little goblin shakes his head vigorously In the negative.

"Gretchen will wait here for you, is safe place drones no come here, but inside are many drones. Viper men came once to try to take stuffs, Atta send trolls once when Gretchen found place, but none returns..." he nods his little green head solemnly.

Ok lets see here. Nominally persuasion doesn't stack and youd need to be above 2 degrees since you already got a 1 degree success.

but both rolls were solid so ill let the one aid the other and voila 2 degrees and Gretchens helpful aided a smidge by the scary solider and ninja lady and him being a bit greedy so it all works :D

hes now helpful and starts to lead you

the entry way is open you may enter at your readiness some basic perception checks would be helpful
Last edited by catsi563 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Prof Weird
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:19 am

Portia
HP : 1
Condition : cautious.

"So, a group of heavily armed professional terrorists, and a group of very strong thugs tried to go inside but never came back ?" Portia stated, "I wonder if there is anything in there worth guarding, or if all the drones are just mindlessly performing their last assigned tasks.

Either way, sounds like its going to be a rather delicate mission."

Portia's Perception check _: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30
- as good as it can get !

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by MacynSnow » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:48 am

HOOLIGAN
HP-1 Condition-Good
Every Terrier is Bold in the Doorway of it's own home. -Irish Proverb
Giving Gretchen a nod of thanks,Daniel looked deeply into the area as he said to Portia
"i'm of the mind that it's the first Option.You don't go puttin' this much firepower inta just guarding yer lunch,after all.Man has somethin' worth killin' fer here,and thats as certain as the Sun rising in the East..."
12+4=16( Perception check)--not to bad a roll,considering it's not his highest of skills...

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:14 pm

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 5/5
Hero Points: 3
Condition: Normal


"All the more reason to stay alert. Move out," Dusk says as she takes point with her shield up.

OOC
------------------------
Perception: 22

Corrigon
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:02 pm

Uplift
HP 2
Condition Normal
Boost Trait Awareness +5

More of Usurpers Drones, not really a surprise, but I wonder how many there are. He activates his glasses to do a sweep of the area, even seeing through walls.

"Hold a moment and let me scan the area first.


perception: 1d20+12 28
Using his radar glasses Radar - Accurate radio, extended 4, Infravision, penetrates concealment,

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:42 pm

Everyone

As everyone enters the corridor the cold metallic air washing over them they can see the tunnels are lit but the lighting is low as if the base were in a power saver mode. As they advance further in Portia immediately calls a halt and points out something that takes the others moments to see. Her instinct for danger serves her well as she senses the danger in the web around her, and she directs Uplifts gaze.

Uplift who is on the same page and already scanning finds his penetrating vision blocked by the density of the materials as well as some sort of sensory bafflers built into the walls however he does see the pressure plates and with Portias direction sees the laser grid that sweeps at random down the hallways. The grid he deduces interacts with anything not usurper related and then sounds an alarm alerting the base and causing a lethal response from the inhabitants as well as uncounted turret defenses imbedded in the walls ceiling and floors.

Sebastian can feel the tread of at least a dozen or more heavy metal beasts padding through the metal corridors as he feels through the shadows, the darkness whispers to him of secrets and the myriad lethal dangers of this place. they whisper of an approaching threat and when he sees Dusk and Hooligan react as he does he steps with them group into a side corridor and gestures to bring up a veil of shadows that obscure their beings.

Dusk has been through CQB situations before having had to storm enemy fortifications and bases. the tunnel fighting on one planet against an race of Ant like beings being one particularly gruesome experience she remembers unfondly. Down here she notes the traps but her perceptions are on the sense she developed in those Mantid tunnels. The sense of approaching danger she is able to quickly get everyone into a side corridor and out of sight as two of the Robopanthers clank past their position now hidden thanks to Sebastians quick thinking.

Daniels finely honed street instincts also server him here as while he cant see the traps or tech Portia and Uplift point out he can feel the tread of metal feet on the ground and when the Alien soldier and shadow mage both react hes right behind them putting himself between the more fragile members of the team and the approaching danger. He shares a brief nod of acknowledgement with Dusk as he takes a position by her shoulder phalanx style ready to guard the team.

The panthers pause only a moment to observe the veil of shadows but before they can even consider it something small and metallic squeaks and rattles past them and the two metallic monsters give chase to what Portia and Uplift recognize as a small rat like robo drone crude in form.

Looking back the group can see Gretchen grinning mischieviously as the little goblin unleashes a another quickly scrapped together rat drone which skitters off leading the panthers on a merry chase.

This gives the team a brief respite to consider their options and find a way around the bases detection grid.

Sebastians perception _: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20
solid if Shadow wants to reroll that he may

Everyone hits the mark especially portia and uplift

Portia and uplift note the laser traps

Dusk and Hooligan and Sebastian note the drones in time to take a side corridor to avoid them

Gretchen provides a brief distraction which gives you guys a chance to plan.

Uplift can make tech rolls as desired some dcs below

Hacking the system DC 35 requires computer terminal and must be maintained
Hacking sub systems DC 30 can be done remotely
other DCs as needed

Please proceed at your pleasure




Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Corrigon
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:36 am

Uplift
HP 2
Condition normal
Awareness +5

He nods a thanks to Gretchen, glad to have avoided some combat.

"I can't hack the main system from here," he explains to the team, "might be able to manage that laser grid over there, but if we want control of the system, we need to find a terminal with at least substantial access."

Presuming that the others want him to hack the laser grid
hacking: 1d20+18 30

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:04 am

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 5/5
Hero Points: 3
Condition: Normal


"Well we can't stay here, so bring down that grid," Dusk replies. keeping her voice down in case more of those robo-panthers came back. Privately she wanted to fight them; but they were on a mission right now. Besides, odds were that the action would come eventually.

Prof Weird
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:13 am

Portia
HP : 1
Condition : normal

Portia thought about Daniel's words - no one would leave a defensive system like this up and running unless there was something valuable enough to guard. In this case, the Usurper's tech. Which any number of unscrupulous characters would like to get hold of for their own uses.

She tried to imagine what her old boss - Lord Recluse - would do with all the items in this base, but she decided to not become distracted with such dark musings.

"I may be able to find a terminal with better access." she stated to Uplift, "Pressure plates only detect intruders walking on the ground. I can take alternate routes.

But, then again, the Usurper may have defenses against such abilities. Many others can fly, stick to walls, or become insubstantial."

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Everyone

As the rest of the group watches Uplift shows why hes one of the preeminent techheads of the current generation of Supers. Within minutes he rapidly and with some muttered cursing here and there hacks a nearly unhackable system built by a man who is considered one of the greatest tech villains of all time.

Soon he has access to the subsystems and as his computers bring up a map of the facility all five floors worth he finds a wealth of information, secured doors, high tech vaults, Drone patrol patterns , Intruder defense mechanisms and so on and so forth.

Daniel looks over his shoulder and gives a big Irish grin and a happy clap on the shoulder "Well done. Ye can lead us further in safely aye?"

That nails it right on the dot Uplift has access to the sub systems of the base, he can basically tweek things a bit here and there like turn off lights pop low priority doors and even more importantly get a layout of the place so he knows where traps and high security doors are as well as Drone patrols

nicely done

Feel free to advance in further roleplay as you see fit also some rolls don't worry about DCs for the moment

Let me have 3 tech checks from Uplift each with a +4 bonus thanks to having access to the sub systems

I need one attack roll from Dusk you may power/all out attack as desired

and let me have an acrobatics and athletic checks from Portia

Also Sebastian may Aid both Portia and Dusks rolls with a simple power check or arcane lore check as desired

Hooligan will make an attack roll as well hell power attack for -3/+3 _: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
and hes solid

Sebastians arcane lore check _: 1D20+14 = [8]+14 = 22
good to go for the aid
please proceed folks
Last edited by catsi563 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Prof Weird
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:30 am

Portia
HP : 1
Condition : normal-ish
Acrobatics Roll _: 1D20+11 = [18]+11 = 29

Athletics Roll _: 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25
- two excellent rolls IN A ROW ! Something is very wrong here .... :lol:

Corrigon
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:34 pm

Expertise Computers: 3#1d20+20 22 40 23

forgot the +4, so totals are 26, 44 and 27

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:15 am

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 5/5
Hero Points: 3
Condition: Normal


"Good work," Colonel Dusk says to Uplift. "Hooligan, cover our flank, I'll take point. Uplift, right behind me, I'm counting on you to be our navigator. Let's move out."

OOC
----------------------
1d20+10 = 26 on the attack roll.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:51 pm

Everyone

As the group advances through the corridors the security system keeps fighting Uplift for control but with his access in he manages to play a particularly fast game of chess that checks the system and leaves it chasing its own tail while keeping his team off the radar of the worst of the bases defenses. He begins to suspect that the rumors he had heard of the Usurper using an advanced AI as part of a global network might be true because only an intellect near his own could fight him on a technical battlefield like this while adapting to his strategies on the fly.

Meanwhile Portia is forced once by a near fall into a pit full of all sorts of nasty spikes to leap upwards where Sebastian provides a platform of shadows for her to land on giving her a nod and slight flourish as she does. She then uses her considerable Acrobatic skills to bypass a laser grid the base puts in their path getting to the other side with a couple of breath taking moments before following Uplifts instructions to shut down the grid.

Meanwhile Dusk and Hooligan despite their differences Show that the Solder and Streetfighter can work flawlessly together when one corridor erupts into a furious confrontation when a series of small arial drones with laser weaponry comes soaring out of a side room and engages the group. Dusk shields Hooligans flank leaving him free to clobber one of the drones while Dusk ripostes and then slashes two of them out of the air while Daniel grabs one of the broken pieces and hurls it like a projectile that crashes into the last one sending it to flaming doom.

A few more brief though intense encounters including a brief struggle with a pair of closing walls that brings everyone whose ever seen a certain Sci Fi movie a little too close for comfort are all bypassed quickly and soon finds the group waiting as Uplift works his way through a control panel before finally causing the doors to hiss open revealing a command center that stretches out in a wide panorama. a series of large billboard sized screens show the base and other scenes as well parts of Bay City. One thing though stands out, while the base is clearly functioning there is no sign of life whatsoever.

The base appears to be abandoned entirely.

Ok everyones rolls were good to go and I added a roll for Sebastians arcane lore check to aid Dusk and Portia

Apologies for the delay RL was a mess for a short period there

Success all the way through you may explore the control room Uplift would need a DC 30 tech check to discover the part he needs and the programing code hes missing

Notice checks would not go amiss and Initaitve checks prior to the final part.

thanks again everyone :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Post Reply