Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Corrigon
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:17 pm

Uplift

He sighed at his teammates and left without a word to start up the truck. He wanted to shout at them, but he wanted to save his energy to save Oaf. That was the priority here.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1518
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:07 pm

Everyone

It takes less then an hour to get from the office to the tunnel entrance listed in the notes Morpheus provides you all. A quick bit of work form Uplift removes the Electronic locks and bypasses the security measure put in place to keep people out and soon the team is moving forward.

At first there is nothing but the usual infrastructure one would expect from a modern city especially one as advanced as Bay City. miles of smooth concrete tunnels with the occasional stream of fluids and detritus that represent human waste as the service tunnels give way to the sewers they access.

Its further down into the sewer tunnels their stench clinging to the walls and lingering in your nostrils that the first signs of life appear rats and other small animals that make their home down in the deeper tunnels. they avoid you as you approach screeching at your passing in fear or indignation but avoid you for the most part.

And down deeper and deeper the team ventures until they reach a juncture where the walls have odd grafitti on them in various colors and badly written prose.

'ATTA LIVES!! Trolls is da best!! Gretchen is a stinka ME SMASH!! Me got body by supadyne

And so on and so forth litter the walls, as the team approaches what used to be Troll territory where the drug addicted powerhouses used to make their lair before the Protectors broke them up and took most of them captive. As they pass the graffiti covered walls they come across an amazing sight.

In the middle of a natural bowl that looks large enough to be an arena of some sort is a massive hole with side so smooth it could only be bored out by a massive drill. Dusk has a bit of a flashback to her arena days as she sees some faded graffiti on the walls saying FIGHT FIGHT and other phrases used to goad combatants into greater feats of bloodshed and glory, and she can almost hear the crowd of trolls roaring as Atta presided over the carnage. But the memories are quickly quashed as the team moves past the broken arena and deeper into the tunnels. Daniel too hears the roar of the crowd and smells for a moment the sweat and blood of the boxing ring where many a war was fought.

Its down this far they come across a strange sight at least as strange as any they have come across. A small green skinned goblin like being with large bat like flared ears, wide yellow eyes, and small bandy legs and arms wearing an odd toolbelt and goggles. the little creature shuffles here and there picking up small pieces of scrap and discarding some while keeping others muttering all the while in a scratchy high pitched voice.

"No, no Gretchen not need this, no is wrong size, this gretchen needs but not now, maybe later..."

As he goes about his business Uplift cna feela bit of an odd kinship with the little goblin something in the way he examines things maybe or the tool belt perhaps speaks to the gadgeteer in him in a way he recognizes.

You guys can choose to interact with the little guy if you choose or let him pass your target is deeper into the tunnels.

Small bit of aciton up coming before hitting the main par tof ther chapter
Last edited by catsi563 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 pm

catsi563 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:07 pm
Everyone

It takes less then an hour to get from the office to the tunnel entrance listed in the notes Morpheus provides you all. A quick bit of work form Uplift removes the Electronic locks and bypasses the security measure put in place to keep people out and soon the team is moving forward.

At first there is nothing but the usual infrastructure one would expect from a modern city especially one as advanced as Bay City. miles of smooth concrete tunnels with the occasional stream of fluids and detritus that represent human waste as the service tunnels give way to the sewers they access.

Its further down into the sewer tunnels their stench clinging to the walls and lingering in your nostrils that the first signs of life appear rats and other small animals that make their home down in the deeper tunnels. they avoid you as you approach screeching at your passing in fear or indignation but avoid you for the most part.

And down deeper and deeper the team ventures until they reach a juncture where the walls have odd grafitti on them in various colors and badly written prose.

'ATTA LIVES!! Trolls is da best!! Gretchen is a stinka ME SMASH!! Me got body by supadyne

And so on and so forth litter the walls, as the team approaches what used to be Troll territory where the drug addicted powerhouses used to make their lair before the Protectors broke them up and took most of them captive. As they pass the graffiti covered walls they come across an amazing sight.

In the middle of a natural bowl that looks large enough to be an arena of some sort is a massive hole with side so smooth it could only be bored out by a massive drill. Dusk has a bit of a flashback to her arena days as she sees some faded graffiti on the walls saying FIGHT FIGHT and other phrases used to goad combatants into greater feats of bloodshed and glory, and she can almost hear the crowd of trolls roaring as Atta presided over the carnage. But the memories are quickly quashed as the team moves past the broken arena and deeper into the tunnels.
HOOLIGAN
HP- 2 Condition-Nostalgic

Walking down the tunnels was a bit of a Somber affair,as it was to get what the group needed to save their Friend from whatever magic had bewitched him(Daniel himself couldn't even begin to understand it,so he never bothered to try.)...
It was when they got to the Arena that the large Irishman felt the 'Old Haunts' start to show themselves,like old friends at a Reunion.He could hear the roar of the crowd screaming for blood,hear the sounds of Fist meeting flesh and the acompaning grunts of pain,why he could almost see the the Coaches screaming instructions to the fighters....
Bending down to take a handful of the dirt,he rubs it into his hands as he says
"Now sweetly lies Old Ireland
Emeral Green Beyond The Foam,
Awakening sweet memories,
Calling The Heart back Home.
"
Quickly following the others,Daniel saw the strangest little fella he'd ever seen...
Its down this far they come across a strange sight at least as strange as any they have come across. A small green skinned goblin like being with large bat like flared ears, wide yellow eyes, and small bandy legs and arms wearing an odd toolbelt and goggles. the little creature shuffles here and there picking up small pieces of scrap and discarding some while keeping others muttering all the while in a scratchy high pitched voice.

"No, no Gretchen not need this, no is wrong size, this gretchen needs but not now, maybe later..."

As he goes about his business Uplift cna feela bit of an odd kinship with the little goblin something in the way he examines things maybe or the tool belt perhaps speaks to the gadgeteer in him in a way he recognizes.
Giving a rueful smile,Daniel lightly elbows Uplift as he say's
"Why dontcha go an talk a bito' shop with the wee bairn?Would do us a bit of good to know whut's ahead o'us...."
Last edited by MacynSnow on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:43 am

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 5/5
Hero Points: 3
Condition: Normal


So far so good. The smell is horrendous but nothing's interfered with the team yet. Though the lack of action was starting to bother Dusk a bit.
catsi563 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:07 pm
In the middle of a natural bowl that looks large enough to be an arena of some sort is a massive hole with side so smooth it could only be bored out by a massive drill. Dusk has a bit of a flashback to her arena days as she sees some faded graffiti on the walls saying FIGHT FIGHT and other phrases used to goad combatants into greater feats of bloodshed and glory, and she can almost hear the crowd of trolls roaring as Atta presided over the carnage. But the memories are quickly quashed as the team moves past the broken arena and deeper into the tunnels.
The anxiety that so often accompanied her boredom was replaced by vivid memories; the combat slaves such as herself against convicted criminals and the shouts of the crowd for blood and death. In particular she remembered one Mag'nar man, she never knew his name or crime, but for all his prodigious strength she had killed beasts in the arena and he had not. Ab'ril remembers wrapping her arms around his head as he desperately reached behind him, trying to go for her eyes but he could not find them before Ab'ril twisted his neck!

Dusk shook her head a bit and refocused her senses on the present, just in time to hear Hooligan finish saying... something while falling behind a bit, "Hooligan," she said to call his attention back. Thankfully that was all it took and he followed behind quick enough.
catsi563 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:07 pm
Its down this far they come across a strange sight at least as strange as any they have come across. A small green skinned goblin like being with large bat like flared ears, wide yellow eyes, and small bandy legs and arms wearing an odd toolbelt and goggles. the little creature shuffles here and there picking up small pieces of scrap and discarding some while keeping others muttering all the while in a scratchy high pitched voice.

"No, no Gretchen not need this, no is wrong size, this gretchen needs but not now, maybe later..."
MacynSnow wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 pm
Giving a rueful smile,Daniel lightly elbows Uplift as he say's
"Why dontcha go an talk a bito' shop with the wee bairn?Would do us a bit of good to know whut's ahead o'us...."
"Talk about what shop?" Dusk asked, her expression was stern but her tone showcased her confusion, "Still, if this creature can give us intel it might be of use."

kenmadragon
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by kenmadragon » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Sebastian Blackwood
HP: 4

Careful where he stepped lest he actually step in human waste, Sebastian's face was screwed up in displeasure. Granted, the pursuit of arcane power had lead to Sebastian developing a manner of resistance to unusual smells, both pleasant and foul, but that didn't mean he had to like the smell of the sewers. It never fazed him but his childhood sensibilities still rung true.

At least things were slightly more clean when they came upon the arena, though Sebastian couldn't help but mutter "Ugh, trolls. Always vulgar. Never liked dealing with them," at the sight of the graffiti and the bloodstains that yet lingered.

To the sight of the small goblin-shaped creature, he gave no opinion, merely shrugging when Uplift glanced at him for his thoughts on Hooligan's suggestion.

Corrigon
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:44 am

Uplift
HP 2
Condition Normal, Awareness +5

Bypassing the security was child’s play; an absolute piece of cake but that was going to be the easy bit. Having driven throw areas using his driller, sights such as this were not a surprise to him, nor as he looked over the area was the creature picking up parts.
MacynSnow wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 pm
Giving a rueful smile,Daniel lightly elbows Uplift as he say's
"Why dontcha go an talk a bito' shop with the wee bairn?Would do us a bit of good to know whut's ahead o'us...."
Uplift looks at Hooligan with a raised eyebrow.
"You do realise that I can understand the goblin better than I can understand you." The slightest hint of an English accent comes through when he says that, perhaps with a slight disdain, but you are not sure.

"Fine, I will got and talk to the creature, but its on you lot when this goes wrong."

Prof Weird
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:03 am

Portia
HP : 1
Condition : Normal

"Very large, smooth hole. Must have been an incredible usage of power to create it." Lian Mei noted to herself, "But since most of the action is on the ground, perhaps looking from a higher vantage point might be useful. Threats hard to notice on the ground may be quite obvious from higher up."

[ooc : going up a nearby wall to look around from higher up - dice be willin'
_: 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14
- barely enough to activate both ranks of Wall Crawl 2. But up the wall she can go.]

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1518
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Everyone

Uplift has no sooner finished speaking when Gretchens ears perk up and he whirls on the spot looking right at you. The little goblin lets loose with terrified shriek turns on the spot and slams face first into the wall behind him. As he lays on the ground rubbing his beaky nose, he realizes hes on the ground and nimbly leaps up before turning to run, only to find Dusk standing between him and the exit, a mere moment later he finds Portia standing cleanly between him and the other exit, and Daniel and Sebastian neatly surrounding him.

Clearly terrified the little goblin looks to the left and right with rapid eye movements as if seeking an avenue of escape all the while keeping a muttered rapid fire conversaiton going with himself.

Finally he addresses you when it seems clear hes not going anywhere. "Who you is? What you wantin with Gretchin? Gretchin got no honey for you, Gretchin eats it all."

he mutters some more before "No one comes down here, no one, is bad place. Why you comes down where no one comes down except Gretchin cuz he needs things?"

Insight checks or diplomacy checks would not go amiss here
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by MacynSnow » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:10 pm

catsi563 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:45 pm
Everyone

Uplift has no sooner finished speaking when Gretchens ears perk up and he whirls on the spot looking right at you. The little goblin lets loose with terrified shriek turns on the spot and slams face first into the wall behind him. As he lays on the ground rubbing his beaky nose, he realizes hes on the ground and nimbly leaps up before turning to run, only to find Dusk standing between him and the exit, a mere moment later he finds Portia standing cleanly between him and the other exit, and Daniel and Sebastian neatly surrounding him.

Clearly terrified the little goblin looks to the left and right with rapid eye movements as if seeking an avenue of escape all the while keeping a muttered rapid fire conversaiton going with himself.

Finally he addresses you when it seems clear hes not going anywhere. "Who you is? What you wantin with Gretchin? Gretchin got no honey for you, Gretchin eats it all."

he mutters some more before "No one comes down here, no one, is bad place. Why you comes down where no one comes down except Gretchin cuz he needs things?"

Insight checks or diplomacy checks would not go amiss here
Hooligan
HP- 2/1/2 Condition-Normal
The Future is not set,there is no Fate but what we make for Ourselves. -Irish Proverb
Getting down to his knees so'as to be as eye-level as he could get with the little Goblin(Gretchin,he'd heard him say),Daniel starting talking to him(her?) slowly and calmly so as not to frighten him
"We's be travelling through bad place looking for Important Thing,but needs help getting through.Gretchin must be Very brave for coming here by self,must be Very smart.You help us,we give you lots of Honey...."
OCC: Why do i get the feeling i may have to pay for the Sidekick advantage early? :lol:
Anyway....Diplomacy check(Untrained): 7+3=10 Well,can't let that stand.HP to re-roll...
Diplomacy check(Untrained) re-roll: 11+3+10=24-10=13 much better now...:D
edit:just found out i don't get the 10 if the base is over 10...*mutters string of Gaelic curses*

Prof Weird
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Prof Weird » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:40 am

Portia
HP : 1
Condition : normal

"Well, this is ... interesting." Mei muses to herself at the frightened antics of the little green goblin, "He certainly looks scared to death of us."
Portia's Insight check - off of base Awareness
_: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25

kenmadragon
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by kenmadragon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:40 pm

Sebastian
HP: 4

"It's a goblin, Hooligan. Or, close enough." Sebastian chided, shadows flickering as he stepped beside the powerful bruiser. He gave the green-skinned being a look, and rolled his eyes. "They're rather clever, relatively speaking. He's not the usual sort of goblin I know, but still fits the bill. They can understand normal people's grammar fine. They just have a terrible grasp of using it."

The sorcerer smiled. "Besides, I'm sure Gretchin is smart enough to realize that if he helps us find what we want, we can leave him be, and maybe help him too if possible."
So, Hooligan's roll might not have been the best, but I think Sebastian can lend his aid.

Persuasion: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15
to assist

Corrigon
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Corrigon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:52 am

Uplift
HP 2

Uplift crouched down to Gretchin’s level. You stand tall like Hooligan and Colonel Dusk, then to somebody down here like the Goblin, you are intimidating. The intent wasn’t to frighten him; this goblin wasn’t an enemy as far as they knew.

He looks at the parts the Goblin has and ponders what he is trying to repair.
“What are you working on?”


persuasion: 1d20+3 9
Insight: 1d20+6 7 - wow, those are some awful rolls
Expertise: Engineering: 1d20+18 34

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1518
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by catsi563 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Everyone

"You peoples talks to Gretchen all funny likes." the little goblin mutters hiding away some of the scrap hes picke dup in a pouch at his side.

"Wutchu lookin for down here? is only bad things down here, not even Hornet friend comes down here, only bad machines. many bad machines" he asks trying to put a little defiance in his voice and stand a little taller then his tiny three feet allows. still his shaky knees kind of defeat the picture a bit.

As he continues Uplift gets a shaky impression that the little fella is a lot smarter then he appears, he does get the impression that Gretchen is merely scavenging in this case though.

meanwhile Sebastian doesn't get the same impression as the Goblins hes run into in Faerie; this guy seems ...different...from them in some ways almost as if he were ""man made"" .



ow those rolls sheesh have a hero point for that because ouch.

the diplomacy check though does ease him from unfavorable to favorable slight oops on Uplift balances him at indifferent for now.

so well call it a mulligan and leave him neutral to you guys.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:55 pm

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 5/5
Hero Points: 3
Condition: Normal


Colonel Dusk looked at the creature and her companions. This thing had not told them anything they weren't already expecting. "Let's go," Dusk told the group with a sigh.

Sebastian and Uplift only took a brief period of time to talk to the creature, and yet her patience felt like it had been worn down over a period of weeks instead; it was the most wearisome feeling.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

Post by MacynSnow » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:03 am

HOOLIGAN
HP- 3 Condition- Normal
"'Tis better to buy a small bouquet and give to your friend this very day,
than a bushel of roses white&red to lay on his coffin after he's dead.
"-Irish proverb

Standing back up to his full height,Daniel popped his back briefly as he said
"Relax Colonel,i think we've just found ourselves a spittin' guide.Tell yew whut i'll be doin' fer yea little fella.You help us out navigatin' the place,i'll be payin yea your WEIGHT in food..."
okay,if casual conversation won't work,maybe bribery will....
19+3=22 bribery attempt

Post Reply