Heroes Unlimited: OOC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Chubbyninja28

Re: Heroes Unlimited: OOC thread

Post by Chubbyninja28 »

Can someone please tell me where I messed up? I'm still new to this whole house rules thing and I'm using hero lab in demo mode so it's hard to figure out where I've typed wrong modifiers.

I threw down sucker punch by the way.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

catsi563 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:48 pm Picture book: she loosk solid reality warpers are also tricky she reminds me of Kasius's Otakuman in a couple of ways, No major changes i can personaly see just to clarify her costumes are a stacking series of effects correct?
Yes. Her baseline is a generic costume, then she can spend a move action to specialize it and improve her defenses and utility.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Just checking in - boarding plane to fly home but will be Close to midnight before I get home. So since I need to pick up pets from kennel tomorrow am then go to work it will likely be late tomorrow night before I can post.

Good news is the trip was great! Everyone had fun & didn't want to come back. To bad I need to paybills, lol.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Shaper: Solid all around matter creator which are always tricky. Skills are off due to hosue rule, also languages the same as a skill. lastly i tend to limit Impervious to PL +2 as a max without good reason,
Ok, I can adjust my characters traits. I just want to make sure that I understand what you want.

1) PL + 2 Impervious will be 13 ranks of Impervious. Do you want me to drop the Impervious from 14 ranks to 13?

2) Is your house rule on skills that 1 pp. gets to 3 skill ranks instead of 2?

3) Are you saying that languages are bought as skills rather than advantages? Also, 1 skill point gets you 1 language?

I'm just trying to make sure before I start playing with the points.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Tattooedman wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:23 pm Just checking in - boarding plane to fly home but will be Close to midnight before I get home. So since I need to pick up pets from kennel tomorrow am then go to work it will likely be late tomorrow night before I can post.

Good news is the trip was great! Everyone had fun & didn't want to come back. To bad I need to paybills, lol.
Great to hear Tman hope you had a good time and welcome back. :)

Ok, I can adjust my characters traits. I just want to make sure that I understand what you want.

1) PL + 2 Impervious will be 13 ranks of Impervious. Do you want me to drop the Impervious from 14 ranks to 13?

2) Is your house rule on skills that 1 pp. gets to 3 skill ranks instead of 2?

3) Are you saying that languages are bought as skills rather than advantages? Also, 1 skill point gets you 1 language?

I'm just trying to make sure before I start playing with the points.
1) that would be a yes

2) alsoa yes 1pp= 3 skill points except for combat skills at 1pp for 2 skill points

3) also a yes languages are basically each rank doubles the languages you know1 = 2, 2= 4, 3 = 8, 4 = 16 languages, past 2pp spent on that one should just take the mulit lingual feat or the comprehend languages power, also I tend to let people with obvious mutli lingual backgrounds have their base languages for free. IE a Japanese American ninja speaking boht English and Japanese by default that sort of thing.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Ok, given all your house rule qualifications, I believe I made accurate adjustments. Feel free to look it over and double check. Here are my alterations:

1) Since it is dangerous for Antonio to transform or create from substances that are uncommon (and especially rare), I gave him some Sense powers in his Dynamic array. This will allow him to identify somewhat risky and very risky substances in order to avoid screwing himself over. :)

2) Since your house rule on skills freed up some points, I increased a few of my interaction skills like persuasion and intimidate. Antonio has a high PRE so it made sense.

3) I added a couple of advantages which allows him to boost his attack effect, if necessary.

4) I clarified his affliction power by specifying the nature of his 3rd degree condition. He can transform animate and inanimate beings into LIKE beings of the same mass. So, a 250 lbs. man might become a 250 lbs. colt. Or a 500 lbs. robot might be come a 500 lbs. Harley Davidson motorcycle. I'm not sure if that works for you, but if not then let me know and I can modify.

5) I also limited my Create power to requiring pre-existing matter. I did not reduce the cost of buying my power as I did not think that under the vast majority of situations it would be a true limitation.

6) Finally, I changed his Impervious 14 down to Impervious 13 per your house rule.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

catsi563 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:48 pm
Gladius. on the whole looks solid only glitches are his skills I use a house rule for skills so he has some free PP to spend. boost to his parry perhaps or some more skills maybe some powerlifting or the like, maybe come ranks of Close Combat, or ranged combat...
Easy fix, fyi... last minute vacation... I’m off till Friday
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Chubbyninja28

Post by Chubbyninja28 »

Okay updated Sucker Punch again

*Reorganized powers
*Dropped Power Points

Was curious about the "free equipment" portion of the rules... Am I to assume my gear doesn't count under that, due to the weapon-y nature of some of it? And If so that's fine.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Chubbyninja28 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:14 am Okay updated Sucker Punch again

*Reorganized powers
*Dropped Power Points

Was curious about the "free equipment" portion of the rules... Am I to assume my gear doesn't count under that, due to the weapon-y nature of some of it? And If so that's fine.
I think stuff like cars, cell phones, apartments and general stuff is free; stuff for missions may not be.

Equipment is 5 ep per 1 pp. With 15 pp in Equipment, Sucker Punch would have 75 ep of stuff !

I don't think you have to buy multiples of things like shuriken and smoke bombs; most of the time it is assumed you have enough of these to do the job, with the GM occasionally tossing the complication of 'running out of ammo' after really long, intense battles or something.
Chubbyninja28

Post by Chubbyninja28 »

Boy I've had to adjust this guy alot. :(
But it would be nice to get those pp back.
Chubbyninja28

Post by Chubbyninja28 »

Update again!!
*Changed Skills
*Changed Powers
*Changed Equipment
*Changed Underwear and Socks :D
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

in regards to equipment its pretty much what Prof said any household or basic equipment like a smart phone or basic car or apartment or home computer would be free, generaly if you can get it off the shelf theres no need to pay points for it.

its the batman utility belt stuff that costs points, naything that boosts skills or does damage would need some equipment points.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Quick note for everyone here and over in GR

recently decided to upgrade my comp with a faster model. current ones fine for most games and any surfing i do but bit slow for some of the games I really want to try. New one should arrive somewhere in the next week or so. My hope is that ill be able to restore all my faves and settings from the external hard drive I have and just resume as normal.

However we all know what plans are like so... Ill be keeping you guys informed so hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Everything cool,Catsi?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Updated Gladius
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document