For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by Shock »

Shock
HP: 3 LP: 0
Condition: Normal

Chris smiled as Dragonfyre took off. "I think he's got the right idea."

"Hornet, think you can use that distraction to sneak over there and get to work on the thingy? We'll give you a few seconds to get underway and help Dragonfyre draw their attention away from the machine."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone
Does he not know what Anubis wants? Or does he just not care?", he asks no one in particular

Six of one, half dozen of the other." Hornet answered. "Binder thinks he's getting something out of this and that's what he cares about, everything he's doing is just a means to his ends."

"Well that's obviously go to stop." Chris stood as close to to the edge of the caldera as he could stand. "Think it's safe to blow up or are we going to have to turn it off?"

"I'm voting for shutting it off. Breaking it could make things worse."
As the trio discuss their options Photons voice comes in over the comms still distorted but clearer form the moment.

"Protectors, this is Photon. Elena sent me and another along as backup. Uhhm... where are you?"

"This is Shock. We're in the caldera. If you're going to back us up, now is a good time."

Photon, this is Hornet. That means we're down inside the volcano and looking at a group of bad guys working the machine that's making the volcano go all erupty." The shrunken hero adds, giving directions on how the newly arrived pair can catch up to the group.
Kinda glad he explained that. Otherwise, I would have been Googling 'caldera'."
"Is the mountain our destination?"

Most likely. We can start heading in that direction and hope they contact us with their exact location."
Several things happen in rapid succession as Photon and Prysm close on the coordinates provided them. The Machine Binders working on powers up and the humming noise its making hits a fever pitch. Lines of raw geothermal power are easily visible pulsing along the cables hooked to the machine which causes its humming to grow exponeitally.

Then Tony more and more feeling his draconic heritage growing within him takes to the air above the lake of fire and roars so loudly that it shakes the very ground the heroes and villains are standing on moreso then the already erupting volcano has been.

The Ultimates look up stunned at Tonys arrival which causes Binder to nearly lose control of the machine hes making careful adjustments to.

"NO Dammit Not now get them out of here!!" He sheiks at the others.

The other Ultimates don't hesitate and launch themselves into battle against the Protectors. Theres a sudden explosion of action followed by a real explosion of rubble as a portion of the rim of the volcano is blown off and Photon and Prysm see lightning and fire cross the sky as the Protectors leap free of the Volcanos edge.

As the pair approach near Shock, Hornet, Thomas, and Tony flying over head the Ulimtates face off against them sans Binder whose still down below.

Black Star cracks his knuckles and sneers at the lot of you "We are gonna crush you like bugs."

As he says this the other Ultimates rush to attack!

And were off!! Initiative please gentle beings

The ultimate initiative rolls

Binder 8 currently not engaged

Shock 25 heroes first
Blur 25
Magus 24
Prism 23 Heroes first
Dust Devil 23
Hornet 22
Black Star 19
Kelvin 19
Dragonfyre 18
Photon 11
Thunderbolt II 8
Hazmat 3

Of quick note to Thomas, the arcane lore check was spot on. ill pm briefly
Last edited by catsi563 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Photon
Initiative: 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11
Hey, I go before two of the bad guys. How novel.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Magus Errant
Thomas Flynn

Hornet wrote:"Six of one, half dozen of the other." Hornet answered. "Binder thinks he's getting something out of this and that's what he cares about, everything he's doing is just a means to his ends."
"Self-aggrandizing Idiots, willing to blow it all to Hades for a nickel: The true omniverisal constant...", Thomas spat.
Hornet wrote:"I'm voting for shutting it off. Breaking it could make things worse."
"Agreed, but push come to shove, we have to stop that machine."
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Shock

Post by Shock »

Shock

Initiative: 1d20+14 25
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Photon

"I should be able to take the heat of the volcano... but then again you brought your own dragon,
so you can send either of us."

Collin stopped himself from barking out orders. This wasn't his team, he's just here temporarily.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 2
LP: 2
"We are gonna crush you like bugs."
"I feel like that's directed at me."
"Agreed, but push come to shove, we have to stop that machine."
"Of course, but finesse first."

OOC:
Initiative: _: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Shock

Chris frowned when he saw Blur and Dust Devil among the group of Ultimates. "You guys didn't get the message an hour ago when I sent you packing?" He stayed where the footing was good and took aim at Dust Devil.
Lightning blast attack: 1d20+10 13 Miss
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

Dust Devil easily ducks the lightning bolt with a sneer and a retort. "This time we'll pack you into a box!"

Blur doesn't waste anytime he thrusts both fists forward and lets fly with a Wide cone of pure power that threatens to sweep the heroes off their feet and send them tumbling down the mountain the hard way.

Yeah miss unfortunately

Blur will let fly with his Rock power a cone 10 Damage effect with 10 penetrating that's a DC 20 dodge for half effect and a DC 20 or 25

Magus is up after the saves. :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Magus Errant
Thomas Flynn
Hp: 1 Cond: Bruised

Thomas was knocked back a step, as Blur's wall of vibration washed over the clustered heroes. Damn me for a fool! Grouped up like fish in a barrel..., he chided himself. "Get to the controls!", he called out, his clothing taking on a bluish glow as he exerted more of his power. Lifting off of the outcropping, he swung wide to give the others (especially Dragonfyre) room to engage. His hands moving in long practiced forms, he flings the woven, glowing bands at Binder. "Ourel's Bands of Contrition!"
OoC wrote:Dodge 1d20+8=18, Toughness Save 1d20+12=24, so 1 Bruise
My turn, using Mystic Bindings on Binder. 1d20+12=22 to hit.
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 2
LP: 2

Kirk bit back a curse while dodging Blur's attack, though between his speed and armor he didn't suffer any injury. So the tiny hero used the confusion to try and get in close on Binder's machine.

OOC wrote: Dodge Check: _: 1D20+14 = [7]+14 = 21, that's half.

Toughness: _: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20, well then that was fortuitous.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Prism
HP:2

In the face of the wave of force, Prism stands her ground, unmoving. The air around her flashes brightly with light as the attack slams into the energies that surround her, but the warrior herself remains unfazed by the attack.
Dodge check: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20
– Just makes it
Toughness check: 1D20+14 = [17]+14 = 31
– she’s fine. Didn’t even need to pass the dodge check, so I’m going with the more badass stand there and take it option.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Photon
HP: 2, LP: 2(-1=1); Condition: Fine

Collin is surprised by the sudden attack but its no match for his solar charged physique.
Dodge: 1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13
Toughness: 1D20+14 = [1]+14 = 15
I knew it. LP to reroll for guaranteed success.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Shock

Chris turned sideways to minimize profile and let the energy flow around him.
Dodge save: 1d20+13 29 Success!
Toughness save: 1d20+9 26