Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by catsi563 »

Prism and Photon

The being in the robes doesn't even have time to hiss before the light of Prisms rage vaporizes him entirely.

Its as this occurs that several things happen. Three other cloaked beings who were at the further edges of the room all step into dim light of the cave provided by Spectrums fading attack.

One of them holding an ornate black and gold staff points to the two heroes and utters something in a language that makes both heroes skin crawl.

As one the more then two dozen lost underdwellers turn and the heroes are greeted by a gruesome sight. All of them the pallid complexion of corpses and all of them move as one as they march in slow inexorable steps towards the heroes. As they move they chant a single word in ancient Egyptian that Prism understands as Anubis. Over and over in a droning monotone as they raise their hands in preparation to rend the heroes to death.

While this happens two of the cloaked beings pull arcane looking blades from the folds of their robes and advance with the shambling horde moving in slow deliberate steps as the last one stands watching impassively.

yeah that hits and poor guy couldn't make that save if he tried.

a hero point to both at the reveal of the zombie horde

you two go first then the robed guys and last the horde.

Zombie horde force Rank 5
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 5, DAMAGE 7, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 6, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Magus Errant
Thomas Flynn

Hornet wrote:"Hi, I'm Hornet. Wish we weren't meeting under these conditions." He said to the uniquely dressed man standing with his teammate in his usual upbeat and friendly tone.
Thom offered the young man his hand as the newcomer landed and resumed his normal height. "Heh, think nothing of it, my boy. In this line of work, it's basically de rigueur. I've met some of my fastest friends standing on volcanos." An easily missed look of melancholy flashes across Thom's face before he continues warmly. "Thomas Flynn, the Magus Errant. Are we waiting for anyone else or is it just us three for tea?"
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 1
LP: 2
Thom offered the young man his hand as the newcomer landed and resumed his normal height. "Heh, think nothing of it, my boy. In this line of work, it's basically de rigueur. I've met some of my fastest friends standing on volcanos." An easily missed look of melancholy flashes across Thom's face before he continues warmly. "Thomas Flynn, the Magus Errant. Are we waiting for anyone else or is it just us three for tea?"
Hornet took the offered hand and gave it a firm shake with a friendly grin to match it. "Funny, I made some of my best friends at a mall being attacked by super-mercs." He shrugs. "You say to-ma-toe, I say ta-ma-toe." When Flynn asked about their waiting for anyone else Hornet shook his head Hornet's communicator came alive with the sound of Shock's voice.
"Acknowledged Hornet. I got Blur and Dust Devil here making an unauthorized withdrawal. I'm going to try to prevent their escape."

Hornet made the gesture for "hang on a moment" with his had, in an effort to not be rude to Flynn. "Understood Shock." THen looked back at the mage. "Looks like it's going to be just us." With that the insect-themed hero resumes his insect-like stature. "Ready when you two are."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Photon
HP: 2, LP: 2; Condition: Fine (for now...)

Colin coks his head as the zombie horde turn on him and Prism. What are they chanting? Zombies aren't known for their articulation.

Shrugging it off, he flies up and over to the being with the staff and attempts to smack him into next week.
OOC
Array to Photonic Strength
Fly over the horde and attack the robed guy with the staff.
Photonic Punch: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29
DC27 Toughness
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Magus Errant
Thomas Flynn
Hornet wrote: Hornet made the gesture for "hang on a moment" with his hand, in an effort to not be rude to Flynn. "Understood Shock." Then looked back at the mage. "Looks like it's going to be just us." With that the insect-themed hero resumes his insect-like stature. "Ready when you two are."
"Very well.", Thom said, "Ephemeral Form." With a gesture, as he turned to the cave mouth, his form began to blur and become indistinct. "It's not true invisibility, but I can make you harder to notice if either of you'd like. Otherwise gentlemen, right this way into the Bowels of the Earth..."
OoC wrote:Activating Ephemeral Form (which has Affects Others, if Hornet or Dragonfyre would like) gives me Stealth +11.
Stealth check as we enter the caves 1d20+11=12 :x or not...
My Character Page
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Dragonfyre
HP:1 Cnd: Raid Time

Tony was happy to see Hornet. The Steely Stinger was always great in a tussle...he thought of solutions faster than Tony could hack a Lords of Legend account. That thought triggered an odd thought...Damn...I forgot to put last night's raid gear on the auction house...wonder if it's tooHHHNNNGNNNGHHHhhhhhhhh...Dragonfyre flinches for a second as another wave of primal energy flows up the Volcano. Shaking his head again, Tony turns towards Magus as the man casts a spell.

"Stealth spell?" Tony asks with a lopsided grin, "Dragons never get to gank targets...I am so in!" Stepping forward, Dragonfyre feels the tingly spell flow with his own energy that courses through his body. Part of him simply wanted to start smashing and roaring...the dragon part was almost demanding that he roar his challenge and stake his territory. However, the geeky side to the Draconic Hacker gains a little leverage over instinct, letting him cheat the real world as easily as he cheats the digital world.
OK...Dragonfyre will step up into the spell, Annnnd: Stealth with Ephemeral Spell: 1D20+12 = [2]+12 = 14
Yup...that's just as bad as Magus, probably worse. You try hiding a 7'8" Dragon? Not easy...
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
"Very well.", Thom said, "Ephemeral Form." With a gesture, as he turned to the cave mouth, his form began to blur and become indistinct. "It's not true invisibility, but I can make you harder to notice if either of you'd like. Otherwise gentlemen, right this way into the Bowels of the Earth..."
"Stealth spell?" Tony asks with a lopsided grin, "Dragons never get to gank targets...I am so in!" Stepping forward, Dragonfyre feels the tingly spell flow with his own energy that courses through his body.
Hornet shook his tiny head. "I'm good, thanks anyways." Despite everything he'd seen Kris and other mages the Protectors have worked with in the past do, Hornet didn't totally trust magic. At least not when he had technology on-hand at least, and he flew ahead to act as scout for the group.

OOC:
Hornet's Stealth Check: _: 1D20+12 = [3]+12 = 15, alright looks like its going to be one of those days for our heroes....
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Photon and Prism

Colin flies across the dark space over the heads of the groaning multitude and lays a brutal punch into the robed figure with the staff. Only for his fist to collide with a gleaming dome of Air that ripples and expands under the impact. The Cloaked figure growls something inarticulate showing that his tremendous cosmic strength clearly had an impact but he remains otherwise undamaged.

Behind him half the horde shambles towards him while the rest continue towards Prism. one of the other robed figures also shambles towards Prism urging the horde along while the last one approaches Colin the arcane looking blades in their hands glinting dangerously and hinting of death.

that hits solidly

the cloaked figures toughness save _: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23
fail by 6 and hes bruised x1 and dazed

Prisms up. :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Shock

Both Blur and Dust Devil growl angrily at Shock.

"You just made a big mistake hero!" Blur snarls in that vibrating voice of his then he lashes both hands out at Shock firing a wave of vibrations that threaten to shake SHock apart form the inside.

Dust Devil despite being shaken also raises his hands and lets fly with a virtual wall of air that threatens to run shock over like a semi truck.

Ok took me a sec to realize where everyone was because ima goof.

Blur will use his Rattle power for a _: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29
sheesh :shock: that's a hit for a DC 20 affliction shaken stunned incapacitated

Duust Devil will user a live aoe attack that's a DC 20 dodge check for either DC 20 or dc 25 damage

then back to Shock at the top :)

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Hornet, Magus, Dragonfyre

As the three of you continue down the tunnel which more and more looks both natural and some how carved by tools in some strange paradox the more and more you feel that something is watching you. The primal power of the volcano itself presses on all of you, tony moreso then anyone as its primal fire calls to him to make a nest and gather a horde to rule and sleep on its golden bed in the ancient caldera which calls out to him in dreams of yore.

The deeper they go through they also see signs both mystical and technological. On the wall are arcane writings clearly Egyptian in nature and nearly impossible as explorers from Egypt were not known to ever make it to the Hawaiian islands.

Also they come upon cables along the walls rigged to lamps which light the way as they hit a certain point where the natural light from outside no longer shines. these are new and clearly placed recently.

And they all lead down.

As the three make their way down they hear the roar of the volcanos ongoing eruption and can feel the heat from the inner magma growing more and more intense. Only Tony is unaffected save for the primal draw calling to his soul.

dem stealth checks :lol:

Ill need perception checks please

also arcane lore and a tech check from our respective experts please

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]

The heat was so strong in the cave that it felt to Kirk that they were going through it like it was water almost. Still his armor helped to keep him cooler than he'd be without it, still though he could still feel the weight of the heat around him. The cables helped to pull the small scientist's attention away from that and give him something new to be interested in and he wasted no time in giving the light set up an up close once over.

OOC:
Hornet's Perception Check: _: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30

Hornet's Technology Check: _: 1D20+16 = [17]+16 = 33

So apparently CC wanted to make up for that crappy Stealth roll earlier.
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Magus Errant
Thomas Flynn
Hp: 1 Cond: Nomral

Next time, I have to remember to fold Hizer's Sweltering Tolerance into Ephemeral Form...,Thom thought, as he fought the urge to tug on his collar. As they descended further and further into the caves, he studied the arcane markings and hieroglyphics that preceded them into the depths.
OoC wrote:Expertise: Magic 1d20+12=30; Perception check 1d20+12=16
I concur....
My Character Page
Shock

Post by Shock »

Shock
HP: 3 LP: 0
Condition: Bruised 1, Dazed, Fatigued next turn

Chris stood rigid trying to keep his body from shaking apart, which left him vulnerable to the blast of air that threw him across the room. He twisted to land on his feet and replied with twin snakes of electricity that shot across the room. The separate bursts danced around obstacles to connect with each villain and then joined the two, forming a complete circuit.
Fortitude save: 1D20 + 10 = [15]+10 = 25 Success
Dodge save: 1D20 + 13 = [7]+13 = 20 Success
Toughness save: 1D20 + 9 = [4]+9 = 13 Bruised and Dazed

Shapeable Area Damage 11 Dodge DC21 and then Toughness DC26 or 20. And then Surge to do it again.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Prism
HP:2

As the horde turned towards her, Valvalla's heart sank. She was too late. The Light has been torn from those poor people, and replaced with something evil.

The pragmatic part of her knew that it was a good possiblity, but that did little to soften the blow in the face of the reality of it. She had failed them.

Her gaze locked on the figure at the head of the horde that closed in towards her. Now was not the time to lose her head.

With an outstretched hand, her crystals flared to life again as she unleashed another blast towards the leader of the horde.

Standard Energy Blast: Energy Blast: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18

DC 29 if that's a hit

Sorry for the delay guys.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Shock

Shocks quick move saves him from the worst of the pairs attacks and his retaliation is an electrical surge that snaps and crackles across the room causing the two villains to dodge like mad. Blur easily avoids the first snake while Dust Devils wind armor takes the brunt of initial charge.

Neither villain though is prepared when a second arc of electricity snaps from the other direction and Blur yelps in pain as hes jolted though Dustdevil again manages to avoid the worst of it.

Blur shakes off the shock and in that buzzing voice of his snarks "Come on ive been hit by bigger shocks watching cspan! Hell if that's all you've got well make real short work of you!" he taunts as he menacingly touches a table which just falls apart from the vibrations.

Dust Devil fires off a massive blast of wind which Shock dodges easily but the wind blast obliterates a wall leaving an enormous hole in it and blowing debris out into the street.

Ok that hits theyre dodge checks _: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30
1D20+12 = [6]+12 = 18

Blur a spectacular success and Dust Devils a fail.

their toughness saves as neither has evasion _: 1D20+9 = [18]+9 = 27
1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29
both make it

the second attack

_: 1D20+10 = [5]+10 = 15
1D20+12 = [14]+12 = 26
blur fials this one but DD succeeds

their toughness saves _: 1D20+9 = [16]+9 = 25
1D20+10 = [11]+10 = 21
Blur fails and takes another bruised his second Dust devil makes his on the nose

Initiative status

Shock 33

Blur 25 bruised x2

Dust Devil 18 bruised x1 (dazed)

And back to you sir :)

Blur will attempt a different tack hell attempt to demoralize shock as a move action, as he has improved taunt _: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23
his deception check is a DC 23 will save for Shock to overcome or be demoralized/Impaired or disabled

Dust Devil meanwhile while use his main blast _: 1D20+10 = [3]+10 = 13
13 misses though it does blow a decent sized hole in the wall.

Catsi stories