Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by MacynSnow » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:03 pm

Vigilante
Jack Hammer
HP- 1-1= 0 Condition- bruised(2)

Tucking and rolling with the momentum of the Woman's shot,Jack hisses at the Damage he's taking from her...
OOC: here's my save(s)....
1+8=9 Toughness save oh,hail to the No i'm letting THAT stand!
17+8=25 Toughness save re-roll alright,so i only failed by 2 on that,so it's still a bruise but not a Total blowout...

"feels like she's cracked a rib,so i have to take Her out fast before Tiny in the truck get's out..."
Jack thought to himself as he launches a Baton at the Woman,intent on taking her out as fast&brutal as possible....
OOC: ok,i'm throwing the baton at Photon and hoping i can hit her.Using Power Attack on it as well.....
11+14-5=20 Police Baton attack on Dr Photon(Power attack option)
If you add that negative 2(which i forgot to do originally,so my bad... :oops: ),i'm still hitting her on an 18 so she'll have to get over a DC 24 Toughness save

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by catsi563 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Vigilante

Jacks throw is spot on despite the pain and the baton connects with Dr. Photons face which is only saved from more serious injury by her suits armored nature. As it is she still looks up at you with blood coming from her nose and a glare of hatred so vicious if looks could kill youd be a pile of ash where you stand. Then she tries to do just that by letting fly with a laser blast that blazes from both hands and hits Vigilante and washes over him in a flare of super heated death.

Whiplash meanwhile actually slows down waits a moment and takes careful aim before lashing out with his whip and trying to snare it around Jacks neck which he does with incredible accuracy and skill. the metal coil constrict around his neck like a snake and jack begins to feel the air being cut off form his lungs.

"HAH!! gotcha hero now you're toast." he snarls low and menacing.

Hitsher right on the nose so tos peak her toughness check _: 1D20+12 = [9]+12 = 21
is a fail by 3 and a bruise x1

Dr Photons follow up attack _: 1D20+10 = [14]+10 = 24
may hit foir a DC 27 impact

Whiplash will attack with his whip _: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30
EEP ok instead of the usual damage He will use the crit for an auto grab with the whip current DC is 20 to escape the whips hold and a DC 25 impact.

And were back to jack when ready.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Vigilante
Jack Hammer
HP- 0 Condition- Bruised 2

He could feel the cord trying to cut his air off,so he needed to do somethin' Fast,especially when he saw the look the woman was giving him....

Turning his attention to Dr.Photon,he gives her a bloodthirsty grin as he says(while he wraps an arm around Whiplash's cord)
"Sister,i've met some Cold people in my time;You make 'em all look warm...."

Suddenly giving a violent yank onto the cord,Jack attempts to pullWhiplash into her Shot...
OCC: ok,here we go...
19+12-2=29 Startle attempt on Dr.Photon if it works,i'll immediately use Redirect to have her hit Whiplash instead.But,just to hedge my bets a bit...
Now for the Cord Yank...
14+14-2=26 let's see how good Whiplash's footing is....
3+14-2=15 failed the escape attempt,but i kinda expected it.
19+8-2=25 just made that save...

Note on the Startle: i was originally gonna pick Whip/Blacklash for it,but changed my mind mid-sentence...Her attack won't hit my Dodge(For right now,at least).

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by catsi563 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:02 pm

Vigilante

As Whiplash smugly tries to throttle Jack, he fails to see the danger and is tanked off his feet and nearly right into Dr Photons line of fire. Fortunately hes saved when just as she shoots a massive form lands in between her and Whiplash whose now flat on his face.

"That was stupid." the massive man growls low in a voice like a pair of metallic plates rubbing together. Dr Photon bristles at him but the big guy doesn't acknowledge her instead looking at Jack who unwraps the whip wrapped around his neck.

"Leave this joker to me, cops'll be here soon." he again growls low and ominous.

ok Insight/will save versus the startle _: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
LOL BWAHAHAHAH CC likes this lot but that still fails hmmm Ok think I know how to handle this.

the startle succeeds and you tank Whiplash into the line of fire. but before she can slag him Bonecrusher intervenes.

take a hero point for the complication and the whip is now off.


this big beast for reference

Image

Jacks up as the villains squabble for a few seconds

last turn for some action then Ill fiat and move forward.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by MacynSnow » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:38 am

catsi563 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:02 pm
Vigilante

As Whiplash smugly tries to throttle Jack, he fails to see the danger and is tanked off his feet and nearly right into Dr Photons line of fire. Fortunately hes saved when just as she shoots a massive form lands in between her and Whiplash whose now flat on his face.

"That was stupid." the massive man growls low in a voice like a pair of metallic plates rubbing together. Dr Photon bristles at him but the big guy doesn't acknowledge her instead looking at Jack who unwraps the whip wrapped around his neck.

"Leave this joker to me, cops'll be here soon." he again growls low and ominous.

ok Insight/will save versus the startle _: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
LOL BWAHAHAHAH CC likes this lot but that still fails hmmm Ok think I know how to handle this.

the startle succeeds and you tank Whiplash into the line of fire. but before she can slag him Bonecrusher intervenes.

take a hero point for the complication and the whip is now off.


this big beast for reference

Image

Jacks up as the villains squabble for a few seconds

last turn for some action then Ill fiat and move forward.
Vigilante
Hero Point-1/0 Condition-Bruised 2

That means i've got 5 minutes to take these three yard apes down.It's not gonna be easy.I just need to find a breaker box...
Jack think to himself as he hears what the big fella said.Taking their sqabbling as the opportunity it was,he throw's a couple o Flash Bangs into the face of the Steel guy as he says
"Do me a favor big fella,Hold these!...."
When they go off,he immediately hit's the floor and rolls under their Truck,planting a tracer as he goes...
OCC: Alright,it's fairly obvious i can't take out all three at ounce,so let's burn that HP for 2 actions this turn...
Assessment on Big Dude=11+10-2 =19
Startle attempt on Big Dude:19+12-2=29 i'm good with Startle for some reason...
Hide In Plain Sight attempt:19+14-2=31
DC 30 Reflex for the Flash Bangs(if i'm not mistaken)...
Ounce i'm hide,i'll look around for some jumper cables or the Breaker box...

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by catsi563 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Vigilante


Its at this moment that things take a bad turn for Jack as the Nasty Boys have learned to work together and finally start acting like it. Whiplash snaps his whips and intercepts the flashbangs in midair and sends them flying.

As jack rolls under the truck he does manage to plant a tracer on it but as he comes out the other side hes caught by an ankle by Bonecrusher who neatly and casually flings him across the warehouse like a ragdoll where he slams into a container with bonecrushing force. The impact nearly puts Jack through the containers side and almost flips it over.

Dr Photon tries her best to flash fry him but a quick last second reaction lets him avoid the worst of it leaving her to only melt a hole in the wall behind him. As he moves Whiplash forces him to jerk backwards to avoid a thunderous crack of his electrified whips only for Bonecrusher to be waiting for him with a brutal right cross that connects hard. Only Jacks years of combat training save him from an extended hospital stay as he rolls with the blow and trusts his armored costume to take the rest of it.

The impact is still potent and rings his bell good leaving him on the ground and seeing stars as Bonecrusher walks up to him and casually hefts a small forklift with little more difficulty then one would heft a beer can, he stands over Jack and grins wickedly ready to crush him like a bug.


"Good fight hero but not good enough." he rears back and drives the Forklift down hard but Jack proves his resilience again by making a last ditch dive out the hole Dr Photon made for him and diving headfirst into the water just as the forklift slams into the ground and is turned to scrap by the impact drawing a string of curses from the big man.

Dr Photon fires a few blasts into the water but knows she unlikely to hit due to waters refractive qualities on her lasers still she makes an effort.

"Come on!! Cops are on the way and they brough Aegis Backup!!" Whiplash yells at the pair who hop into the truck and drive off leaving the downed Gang memebers to theri fates.


Meanwhile Jack surfaces a little ways away breathing heavy. It was a long swim and he had to hold his breath the entire way so between that and his whole body feeling like a giant bruise hes in need of a vacation. A quick check of his trackers positiion shows a steady signal on the truck moving away from him at a decent rate of speed.


So time ((finally)) to push forward .

Jack gets a hero point for epic daring do and for the bad guys escaping. next part of the plot unfolds soon.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by catsi563 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:18 pm

Hornet Dragonfyre Magus

Elena is going over the strengths and possible weaknesses of the Villain team when Aya flashes a red alert across the holo conference table.

"Apologies everyone but this just came over the Cities Emergency Broadcast system and law Enforcements Dispatch."

Her smooth voice is replaced by the images that bring the senior members back a little to Vipers Invasion as a massive Warmachine stomps through Bay Cities Downtown San Jose area approaching the Federal Building where it promptly stops and lets fly with a barrage of firepower that wrecks a third of the buildings facade and causes massive property damage. The blasts of missitles and cannon fire sends civiliians into a panic and authorities including STARS Personnel into action.

The XA-11 has reappeared it seems.

Not surprisingly though despite their best efforts it looks like the Military does know how to build warmachines because the Police barely even cause the pilot to notice them and when he does his response is lethal as he devastates the brave defenders in a hail of heavy firepower.

"Aegis has monitored transmissions from the XA-11, the pilot is demanding that Senator Curtis Ramsey surrender to him or he'll level the Federal Building. Preiminary scans of the Robot and a study of its database indicate that it does have the firepower to do so and more."

Aya adds quickly.

"Holy hell thats.. thats a LOT of firepower!" Elena adds in her eyes widening as she reads the technical displays. "Guys go to work I'll get on the phone with the Honor Guard see if Prodigy or any of their new recruits are available."

She quickly begins making phone calls as fast as she can while making sure you guys have any information you need.

And Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay we go. get to the scene begin busting the bad guy new players hang onto your seats.

Blade and Prof give me a brief intro post any daring do is fine if you need a villain to fight let me know ive got a boatload to beat up on id avoid the big boys though, they hurt :lol:

Hero point if you do some neat stuff before you get the call.

Quick edit

this beast is whats attacking thecity

Image
Last edited by catsi563 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1071
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:16 am

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 2

Kirk's teeth grinded at the sight of the XA-11 laid waste to Downtown, such needless destruction always unsettled him. When Elena says for the team to go, he wastes no time in leading the others to the team transport. The sooner they got on scene the better for the bystanders caught in the massive crossfire.

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by Bladewind » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:45 am

Gladius
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Gladius had the feeling he was being delayed. He didn't know why, but the whole scenario felt wrong.

He'd faced off against suicidal nutjobs before, but there was something off about this guy. True, most of them didn't actually want to die for whatever cause they said they were following, but they were all willing to die nonetheless. This guy, he didn't seem devoted to his cause to begin with, and although Gladius couldn't really deny a willingness to die, the reason seemed strain. Perhaps the vest wearing lunatic was willing to die for someone instead of something.

That was it. The perp was being coerced.

"Find out if this guy has debt, relatives in trouble." He said to the closest cop. Said cop was about to give him an earful about knowing his job when another came running up.

"Gladius! We've got him. He's being coerced on threat of his family - wife, three kids, parents - being killed if he doesn't come down here."

Gladius nodded. The feeling of delaying tactic suddenly stronger.

"Okay." He said stepping forward. "You wanted me. I'm here. Now what? Those firecrackers can't hurt me. They may cause damage but as you can see, the area has been evacuated for the most part. What's say we talk. Just you and me?"

A negotiator questioned the hero's credentials but was waved down.

"No! One step closer and this goes off! Me, the cops, all of it ! And you can't stop me!"

"Maybe you're right and I can't." He bent over and picked up a rock, turning and lobbing it the left before the dead man's switch could be released. "Or maybe I can, and I want to see this resolved without anyone - including you - dying."

As the superhero said the last, the stone bounced off an invisible shield and clattered harmlessly to the ground.

"You aren't going to hurt anyone but yourself. Whoever sent you after me either doesn't know or didn't tell you what I can do. Among other things, I've manipulated gravity around us. It'll contain the blast.

"What's more. You can detonate that vest of yours, and I can contain the blast so that you barely get singed. Want to test that theory? Or do you want to tell me what's really going on?"


The man hesitated. Clearly wrestling with whatever was motivating him and weighing it against the confident superhero in front of him.

"No! You're bluffing! You'd have stopped me by now if you could! And, and I-I-I won't let you!"

The man crumpled to the ground, Gladius dropped the gravity field and instead applied pressure to keep the dead man switch from releasing.

"Look at me." He said, kneeling down. "I'm close enough to you now to do everything I said I would."

He noted two officers to his right, signaling him that the man's family was safe.

"I need you to stay still. You'll be all right. Your family is safe - I promise. But I need to neutralize this vest. I'm going to release my grip on your hand. You're going to let go of the switch and we're both going to walk away. Not a scratch.

"I promise."


Gasps and gestures to pull back reached Gladius' ears, but he ignored them. He noted an almost imperceptible nod from the man in front of him. He could see that while he didn't believe the superhero, he somehow trusted him. Gladius gave a reassuring smile and put a hand on the man's shoulder.

"Ready? On three. Count with me. One. Two.

"Three."


He released the hand holding the detonator, and the sudden release of pressure caused the man to let go, even if he hadn't intended to. The blast was no less bright - several pounds of C-4 went off as physics dictated. But Gladius was not just a flying brick as he was often portrayed. He wasn't bluffing when he talked about gravity control. The blast failed to to expand. Instead, it imploded instead of exploding, leaving wisps of smoke and a shredded vest in its wake. The hero moved to pat down any areas at risk of catching fire as he helped the man to his feet.

"You'll need to answer for this. But I'll be there." He told the man as a police officer walked up to read the man his rights and took him into custody. Before the hero could say or do anything else, another officer ran up.

"Gladius!" She said, "You're needed across town. Massive robot threatening Senator Ramsey! Go! We got this now!"

"Ramsey?" Gladius repeated, wondering why a robot would be sent after a senator. He didn't pause though, shifting his gravitational control to launch himself into the air. As soon as he cleared the skyline, he changed trajectory and rocketed off in the direction given.

OOC:
Well-Informed: 1d20+4 6 - he doesn't know much about Ramsey or why he'd be attacked it seems.
Ini: 1d20+10 13 (I'm gonna hope I'm getting the crap rolls out of the way sooner than later!)
Thorpocalypse wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm
Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by MacynSnow » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:19 am

Vigilante
Jack Hammer
HP- 1 Condition- Bruised 2

Spitting up water in Oakland was never a fun experience in his book.Getting up onto the roof next-door felt like agony on his ankle from where Tinman grabbed him,but he did it.As started taking stock of what he had,he started thinking to himself
I can't take all these guy's on my own.As much as i hate to admit it,i'm gonna need help.But who?...

Suddenly picking something on his police scanner in his ear,he heard Downtown call for a 922 AVA(Armored Villian Attack,major SWAT required).Giving a curse,Jack headed in the direction of downtown San Jose.Taking the 'free 'monorail ride to get there faster,then takin the Roofs to get the rest of the way.

So color him shocked when he caught sight of the XA-11 being the rampager What in the world is THAT doing here?! was the thought that entered his head as he started moving faster towards downtown...
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prof Weird
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by Prof Weird » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:36 am

Lithos
HP : 1
Condition : normal

Petra finished drawing a chalk outline on the massive slab of marble in her studio; it seemed the sculpture she had in mind would indeed fit, if she scaled the dimensions of the clay mock-up correctly.

Concentrating briefly, she shifted into her alternate form of Lithos. Then went directly to carving the marble - with her bare hands.

A few minutes of focused work later, her phone rang. The caller ID stated it was her older brother Marcus, so she told the videophone to activate (she LOVED that device, since it was so hard to safely use the buttons in her current form).

"Another commission, I see." he stated as he tried to see what she was doing, "It looks a little - blurry ?"

"In this form, I'm strong, but my fingers are too thick and blunt to do any really detailed work !" she replied, "That's why I kept all my tools !"

"Nah. You would've kept them anyway. You enjoy using a mallet and chisel too much."

"Yeah. Too true !" she replied, "I've been doing it that way for over a decade, so there was no need to stop.

So, why you calling ?"
Petra/Lithos inquired.

"Are you still going to be able to make it to Mom's birthday in a few weeks ?"

"Got the tickets yesterday !" she replied, before the radio tone informed her there was an emergency.

"Sorry bro ! Duty calls !" she stated before hanging up, and checking where she was needed, and what was going on.

"Massive damage/casualty incident at the Federal Building. Scene needs secured. High level threat" she read, "Oh joy - probably yet another idiot with more muscles than brains throwing a conniption fit !"

She checked her map to see where she was going, then sank into the ground and 'swam' her way there underground (the last thing an already damaged street needs was her 1600 pounds of solid stone landing on it from a leap !).

She found a clear area and permeated through the ground - and got a good look at the robot above its footprints.

"Wow. THAT'S a lot of robot ! What does he want ?" she asked the nearest police officer.

"He wants Senator Ramsey."

".... ah." Lithos replied, trying to figure out what somebody could do to deserve that much firepower as a response.

User avatar
Kaisius
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:30 pm

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by Kaisius » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Magus Errant
Thomas Flynn


Thomas followed quickly after Kirk toward the hangar bay.
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by catsi563 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:29 pm

Protectors

Elena has the Peregrine ready and warmed up before you guys can even make it to the Hangar and by the time you're all settled the Sleek aircrafts engines howl and launches itself into the sky and on the way to the San Jose Section of Bay City. The smoke clouds are visible in the distance as are several smaller though no less lethal explosions as the Massive Warmachine continues to parade up and down the street seemingly impervious to the small arms fire of the STARs team and local police.

Elena comms you guys as you approach "Guys Im monitoring the Feds they're bringing in AEGIS backup but its a ways out thanks to a major power loss at one of their comm stations and some sort of fog bank that moved in over the Airbase they cant get the planes off the ground for air support were on our own for a bit."

As she finishes the Team can finally see the AX-11, its enormous as such things go and might be cool for the more scifi minded if it weren't using its size and firepower to decimate local authorities and civilians alike. As the Peregrine sweeps over the area the comms pick up chatter coming from the authorities as they scramble to Evacuate civilians and keep themselves out of harms way while containing the situation.

They also catch the yelling of the pilot identified as Bradley Marks the original Test pilot who continues in a long expletive laden rant his demands for Senator Ramsey to surrender himself or He'll destroy the building and everyone in it. He punctuates this by letting ly with a burst of Autocannon fire that peppers the wall blowing chunks of concrete and glass into powder. its clear that the building while sturdy and designed to withstand earthquakes can only withstand so much punishment from a fully functioning warmachine before it collapses.


Vigilante

For Jack the convenience of the Bay City rapid transit system cant be understated as it covers the entirety of the city and the outlying districts and smaller towns so hes able to rapidly get to the san Jose area though he runs into an issue when the train pulls into a station shy of downtown San Jose and the announcers pleasant female voice comes over the speakers announcing that due to an emergency the trains have been stopped from proceeding until the crisis is contained. Alternate transportation is available and we apologize for the inconvenience.

The warnings and procedures put in place for Super villain attack or natural disaster pose a small problem which Jack has to overcome but thanks to some quick maneuvering and a cabby who seems to either be utterly clueless or completely insane Jack is transported towards the chaos.

As he readies himself for the fight, he catches something that passes most peoples notice but sticks in his mind as something to be looked into when the current crisis is resolved. The Clock on the Whitmore International Bank a large model that is digital but shaped like an old fashioned time piece that always keeps the correct time is STOPPED. the clock has functioned flawlessly and only ever stopped once. On Black Monday when the Usurpers army rolled through Downtown and the Clock was destroyed in the fighting.

As he considers the ramifications of this he realizes that there is a strong possibility of what this might mean.

Shockwave and the Nasty Boys.

Shockwaves has a habit of stopping Clocks at her crime scene at the exact time of the robbery or incident. Its become a sort of calling card of hers. before he can think to act on the information he just deduced the cab shrieks to a halt around a corner and the extent of the fighting with the AX-11 comes into view, he sees the carnage being wrought by the giant machine and can hear the anting of its pilot as he fires a burst of cannon fire into the Federal building which is already smoking from several hard hits.

the Cabby rejects the 20 thrust at him and wishes him good luck and god speed before peeling out of there faster then several speedster heroes he's seen on TV leaving Jack to his work. Several problems present themselves. How to take on a Forty Five foot warmachine, how to save lives, and how to be most effective with any of it.

He also catches sight of a sleek aircraft in the distance before the Aircraft vanishes from sight as it blend chameleon like into the clouds. Looks like the Protectors are on site if that aircraft is the same one he's seen news reports on.

So where to begin?


Gladius and Lithos

After saving the unknown mans life Gladius heads to the Scene where he's greeted by the carnage of a giant robot stomping up and down the city streets blasting away indiscriminately with its high powered military grade weaponry. The amount of damage is pretty brutal and climbing with each passing minute.

As he stands there deciding where to act he notices a tall stone form standing near some Police officers hunkered down near a street intersection.

Lithos one of his training mates in the Honor Guard Program started by Oracle Inc. The programs been a big help in getting him situated after some of his troubles and Lithos was good people.

As Lithos wondered about what could possibly motivate this particular tantrum from someone with a forty five foot robot with a battalions worth of Firepower attached to it. she notices a familiar blue and gold clad figure zoom in overhead. Gladius a former teammate from the Honor Guard. good guy and a lot of firepower of his own good to have in a pinch which things seemed to be in right now.


So everyone is present

everyone may interact as they wish the instant anyone attacks or causes a save Initiative kicks in so lets have rolls. in that regard. you may act freely until then.

Plenty of opportunity for daring do here as cop cars are being tossed or blasted the cops are under heavy fire as are the STARs teams.

The Peregrine is holding station just a little back from the scene and Stealthed.

Jacks invesitgation check kicks in as he passes a clue and the nat 20 gains him some insight.

Hero points to both Gladius and Lithos because Im fun like that :D

and Away we go.


Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by Bladewind » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:47 pm

Gladius
Condition: Normal
HP: 2

A police car halted scant feet from impacting with a building and fell to the ground, already a total loss so the drop was inconsequential.

"Hey !" He called out, "I hear Antagatron is looking for a sparring partner! Why not join him !?"

He was floating in plain view, hoping to draw the mech`s attention and halt the onslaught for at least a moment. If he needs to, he'll toss a car to get the assailant`s attention, without really trying to impact. He was also trying to let anyone who hadn't seen him know he was there. Be it for moral support, an indication to pull back or push forward... he wanted to be seen. It was a gamble that might get him hit hard, but with the amount of damage being caused, his own safety was the furthest thing from his mind.



Init: 1d20+10 24
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm
Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by MacynSnow » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:05 am

VIGILANTE
Jack Hammer
HP-1 Condition-Bruised 2

Knowing he stood NO chance against tha AX-11 or the entire Nasty Boys(especially in his current battered condition),Jack moved towards the STARS squad on scene,using available rubble to avoid the Warmachines scanners. Quietly tapping one of the officers on the hip(jack remained squatted against the nearby poice car),Vigilante said to them
"Don't react,just listen to me carefully: Take a casual look over towards the Whitmore Clock...Notice anything funny? Like maybe the fact that it STOPPED WORKING?Now what recently escaped female Electric-based idiot would stop clock's near banks would use an OBVIOUSLY stolen Military Warmachine as a decoy to take Money..."

Not giving the officer a chance to reply,Jack switch to the two-way radio in his helmet as he starts fiddling with the frequency,trying to contact that Aircraft the Protectors are in. While doing this,the urban crimefighter tries to move closer to the AX-11's position without alerting it sensor array
"Callsign Vigilante to unidentified aircraft in AX-11 combat zone,do you read?Repeat...."
Okay,first Initiative then my Stealth roll.I'd also like to use Assessment on the AX-11,mostly to check for the Emergency pilot exit they always have on these things...;)
Initiative check: 14 not that bad really,considering. :)
Stealth check: 30 Boy,he's good at Stealth..:D

Post Reply