Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by kenseido »

Photon

"Sorry. Maybe next time," he says to the small goblin. "My name is Photon. Since everything is alright, I'll let Elena know."

He puts his hand down on his small pocket, then shakes his head slightly.

Reaching up to his ear, he activates his communicator.

"Elena, looks like everything is fine down in the tunnels, although there appears to be a small honey shortage."

He then turns back to the other two.

"Anything I can do before I jet."
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Prism
HP:1

"I am a friend of Gretchen's. Like him, I offer my aegis to those who dwell here. I am known as Prism." she clarified after Gretchen made his own introduction, " Honoured to meet you Proton of the Protectors."
"There is some clean up and reconstruction to be done, nothing too severe, by the Light's Graces. We would not turn away any assistance if offered."

She paused a moment, before adding "Alternatively...On what I pray is an unrelated matter, do you have any knowledge or experience with the reanimated dead?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Photon

"Photon," Colin corrects.

"I'm afraid my experience with zombies is 'shoot them until they stop moving, and they shoot them a few more times.' But if you need some muscle to help with reconstruction, I can probably lend a hand."
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Prism
HP:1

"Photon... My apologies."

Prism nodded her acceptance of his response regarding the dead.

"I share your standing on the matter. Sadly a warrior's perspective has not assisted me. Something has been preying on the people here, so far I have crossed one of it's victims when he attacked me, and I fear there maybe a gathering of such creatures among the tunnels if they have all shared his fate." she confessed, "While I do not believe dispatching them will be any great feat, I have no leads to follow in pursuit of them or whatever dark power or twisted science created it." she shared her concern, the frustration thick in her voice. Too many of her people had fallen prey to this already.

The alien let out a heavy breath. "Your help is appreciated.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Photon

Colin pauses. Lunch was going to get cold.

"Okay, let's do this thing."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Shock
HP: 3 LP: 0

Chris raised an eyebrow at 'useful' but didn't retort. "I can be there in three minutes. Four, if there's traffic." He took a quick look at the map on the wall and then took off. He chose a route that had been tagged with a few incidents. It was important to be seen out among the populace, both for morale and to let others know there wasn't going to be a free-for-all during the crisis. On the way, he waved to children, helped clear a couple of traffic snarls and even took a twelve second detour to retrieve a doll that had been left behind. A couple of times, a well placed warning shot made potential looters think twice about their choices.

Three minutes, forty-eight seconds later, Chris was on the scene chosen by McGarret. "All right everyone! Before things get out of hand, how about a little negotiation?"
Obligatory futile gesture and turn on Electrical Aura
Persuasion check: 1D20 + 2 = [4]+2 = 6 Thought so.
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Magus Errant
Thomas Flynn

Thomas raised an unseen eyebrow. Hmm. A dragon scale comm unit, he thought to himself. Anubis' minions wouldn't be using walkie-talkies. Taking heart from the disdain in the dragon's voice at the mention of the Egyptian god's name, Thomas stepped out into the open. "Oh yes. The volcano's activity is definitely non-natural. Thomas Flynn, the Magus Errant, at your service. I take it we have a mutual enemy in Anubis and a mutual interest in this mountain not exploding?"
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Photon and Prism
Sorry. Maybe next time," he says to the small goblin. "My name is Photon. Since everything is alright, I'll let Elena know."

He puts his hand down on his small pocket, then shakes his head slightly.

Reaching up to his ear, he activates his communicator.

"Elena, looks like everything is fine down in the tunnels, although there appears to be a small honey shortage."

He then turns back to the other two.

"Roger that Photon I'll alert BCPD to send some community officers down there when they can to check on everyone." she answers crisply. "And i'll send Gretchen a care package."

After a brief conversation between the two heroes Gretchen mutters something about "fixing the broken things.." and wanders off to the living area where the rest if the under dwellers are gathering small bits and pieces of scrap and tech as he goes.

The pair of brightly lit heroes then sets off deeper into the tunnels towards where the last person went missing and was subsequently found as a shamble. The scene is a mess blood on the walls from the brief fight with it and a scorchmark where prism was forced to reduce it to ash in defense of herself and others.

However some small clues do persist namely that the shamble did not originate here but much further in down in the reaches of the deeper tunnels where no one has yet to explore not even Viper who was here for more then a year, or the Trolls. Prism lights up the area with her natural glow making vision easy, so the pair can see everything.

Some investigation checks would not be amiss here.

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Shock

The two dozen or so gang bangers busily swinging at each other with assorted fists, clubs and other implements suddenly stop at the sound of Shocks voice, they take one look and as one decide to set their differences aside for the moment at the prospect of something more colorful to pound on.

Someone in the crowd yells "Get that fool!!" prompting a surge of a dozen or so gangstas to charge at him with a yell.

oopsies yeah didn't go so well :o still hero point for the daring do as its always good

Initiative is yours they couldn't beat it if they wanted to. feel free to dispose of them post haste and well move forward to the main event.

also give me a perception check to set the stage for round 2

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Hornet

Hornet doesn't hesitate to question the experts standing right next to him. "Is there way to tell where the pattern starts?"
"Yeah." one of the scientists a kid barely out of his freshmen year in college pipes up "We can adjust the sensors thanks to you focus them on the area of highest activity and differentiate the area from the least active."

He does some fast keyboard work which Kirk adds a few tricks of his own in to help and in a few minutes he has a somewhat hasty image of a tunnel network below the volcano mostly natural tunnels and lava tubes save for an area about the size of two semi trucks that looks to have been dug recently if hes any judge of tech readouts.

quick bit of tech mojo and Hornet has a location below the volcano. reachable by the tunnel where Dragonfyre said he saw something and was checking things out.

Catsi stories
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Photon

Colin floats a few inches above the ground as they travel down the sewers. One of the thing he learned through his years of experience, never stand or walk when you can fly. Avoids a lot of problems.

He floats around the area looking for any clues.
OOC
Investigation: 1D20+11 = [20]+11 = 31
Lovely way to burn a 20.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Photon and Prism

as Colin looks around he finds there might be more clues present then he originally thought. This wasn't just the site of an attack this was the epicenter of whatever happened. IF he had to take a guess from available evidence on the scene it seems a small group of homeless numbering two dozen or so was living in this particular stretch of tunnels separated from the main group for whatever reason. Scattered belongings in various states of use and disrepair tells much of the rest of the story to his trained eye.

Some how they were set upon by something which began to slowly and deliberately take them one at a time until the rest were hit with a major attack which took the rest. There is a scorch mark on the wall where Prism indicates she defended herself against one of the creatures which leaves a solid twenty three or so unaccounted for.

Whatever or whoever is behind this may still be in the area. Colin also finds an iron sewer grate that with just a bit of effort from his superhuman strength gives way and reveals signs of foot traffic, recent foot traffic if hes any judge of such things. Traffic going deeper into the tunnels.

Yep that's a good one and as I'm loath to waste a nat 20 you gets good stuffs

also i I think I have a handle on where I'm going with this finally :mrgreen:

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 1
LP: 2
"Yeah." one of the scientists a kid barely out of his freshmen year in college pipes up "We can adjust the sensors thanks to you focus them on the area of highest activity and differentiate the area from the least active."

He does some fast keyboard work which Kirk adds a few tricks of his own in to help and in a few minutes he has a somewhat hasty image of a tunnel network below the volcano mostly natural tunnels and lava tubes save for an area about the size of two semi trucks that looks to have been dug recently if hes any judge of tech readouts.
"Nice work." Kirk says as he looks over the map, quickly calculating the distances involved and their location on the island. It is at that moment his comm comes alive with Dragonfyre's voice.
" Guys, Egyptian god on Hawaiian vacation....got a plaque with Anubis in a cave that I spotted a man vanish into..." Another shudder ripples across Dragonfyre's form, " Volcano is SERIOUSLY pulling on me...Might not be natural." Tony waits a few breaths for replies.
"Definitely not natural." Kirk answers back. "The scientists equipment says that area is the big problem location of the quakes and there's a pattern to them, nothing a normal quake or volcano would cause. I'd say wait for one of us to get on scene to back you up before going any further."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Photon

"This looks like where it all occurred. Maybe two dozen homeless people converted. We'll need to track them down."

He continues looking and moves some debris aside to reveal the grate. Removing the grate with a bit of a grunt, he turns back Prism.

"Looks like someone went this way. If we find the source, maybe we can undo this and save some of them."
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Dragonfyre
HP:1 Cnd: Hot hot hot

"HOLY CRAP!!!!," Tony takes a step back and flame and fire flares around his body. For an instant, the young dragon feels the reptilian instinct of flight or fight course through his veins...with fight raising the fastest. However, the eager calmness of the individual seems to be contagious as Tony pulls the dragoness back in.

Kirk's reply cuts through the momentary lull,"Dragonfyre..." responds with a gruff growl, Hornet...got someone calling himself a mage here who stepped out of the wall..." The flame and fire of the volcano, separated by just a few feet of rock, pull again at Tony's own primordial soul. Shaking his head to regain composure, Dragonfyre looks back at Magus Errant, Yours and mine concur...not natural. Still need to stop it..."Again, Tony pauses, "I might be able to...pull some of the burn from the Cano....might.Got any suggestions?"