Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread ~ Done

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread

Post by Spectrum »

Spectrum wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:00 pm Hey folks. I hope that you all had a happy and safe New Years. After talking with Tman, I decided to decided to put a present under the game's tree. A bit of an experiment too.

I ended up getting stuff on D&D Beyond for Christmas. One of the things that they offer is a membership level that allows sharing content within a gaming group. I sent you all an invite to partake. It should allow tracking things even more streamlined. I'm also going to look into promoting Tman into having more rights to see things. I also talked to him about opening up more books for the group but that's his call not mine. I have heard that things aren't balanced very well and can cause some serious problems at the table.

Again, this is an experiment. If it goes well, if it works well, I'll keep it open. If not then well I won't. Not a threat, just not worth spending money on something we're not using. 😋 not expensive but it's better to be mindful of expenses.

Also, please keep the link private. There is a limited number of slots. This is a something that I want to share with friends, not strangers.

Thanks for letting me part of the game. I hope to enjoy sharing the fun times for A long future!
We are within a week or so of the subscription needing to be renewed. Are people getting enough enjoyment to keep it open?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I think I logged in once when you first opened it to be supportive, but I haven't really looked at it since.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

and it's true, owls have near silent flight.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I logged in and created a character sheet, but I honestly haven't logged in since I finally got the sheet to work properly.
I'd say you're better off to save your money.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It's a neat little thing, but I feel like it'd get more use if we were doing something like a discord game where we could link character sheet data.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Thanks for all the quick feedback. I have canceled the membership for the end of the month.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

catsi563 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:36 pm Bens always been one of my favorites in the MU and in an interesting RPG note Ben and Spidey are the two characters in any system where EVERY character ive played has had some interaction with them.
It'll be interesting to see them show up in this game. :)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

same off slightly differnet in my head but basically i meant any super hero game where those two were present one of my characters would end up interacting with them in some way
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

So I should not use the elemental wizards idea I had? Lol
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

All this talk is happening in the hour rest, right?

How long to get to the goblin cave system and can the cart's be taken there?
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vivid wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:47 pm All this talk is happening in the hour rest, right?
Sure, no problems on my end of things with that,
Vivid wrote:How long to get to the goblin cave system and can the cart's be taken there?
About 2 hours on the carts, which you can take there.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Alright gang, which plan are you going with?

Tully going in as a "prisoner" or the familiar as "dinner"?

I wanted to give enough time for people to have their input but I believe it has been long enough.

I believe someone asked about tgis in IC - yes the carts can be taken to the trolls cave.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

I didn't think Tully was offering to be taken prisoner but I may have read it wrong..
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Wait, Troll's cave?

... I have many questions that will not be answered ;~)

I have some worries about the the prisoner idea.
Most of the players need a weapon to function well and also requires somebody who can escape from ropes and possibly manacles, depending on what the goblins have.
So it would probably need to be a rogue or a monk type. Someone who can get free and fight without needing armor/weapons.

The other problem being they're going to be split from the party, which might require a lot of setup before everybody else can participate, and they'll be facing off against opposition with limited backup.
Could be a dangerous run.

I guess the question is, does anybody want to try that out? I don't want to try the prisoner plan with my character, I don't think it would work well for him.