[OOC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning

Post by Sakuro »

For narrative convenience, Angela isn't being sent off to jail to await her hearing until after the meeting with Huey. Don't expect court room drama, knowledge of legal matters, and police procedure from me.

The lawyer didn't mention Alan. Angela actually has to ask about him and inform her of who Alan is. There is no mention in the police report of Alan except that Angela was found alone trying to get into his room by hospital security. Only Angela and Blane are mentioned as having anything to do with the events involving Hugo.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Seven. seven hero points. I'm not sure what this reflects for Alan even mentally, but that's doubtlessly the largest single amount I've ever held for any M&M character.

I've updated my sheet for Alan witht he complication "In the service of shadows", let me know if I'm misinterpreting anything.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The Complication's description is good. As for HP and their relation to your character's mental state, I am going to be capping HP at 10. If you stay at 10 too long, or would otherwise get an 11th, I may give your character a permanent mental instability related Complication.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

If I'm understanding things right, the higher HP is the stronger the calling seems to be. I've tried to describe that in my post, and maybe even help Michael understand just how important this all felt to him.
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:If I'm understanding things right, the higher HP is the stronger the calling seems to be.
That is correct. Think of it a bit like having too much energy, but in an emotional and motivational sense. You need to do something to burn it off. Namely, pursue your Calling.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I have been feeling extra crummy this weekend. Going to take the day off from posting. Will try to get a response up Monday.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

No worries mate.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Would I be ablw to roll perception, it insight, in conjunction with lingering effects from Observe to comprehend what Michael did?
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:Would I be ablw to roll perception, it insight, in conjunction with lingering effects from Observe to comprehend what Michael did?
The Power is called Discern. Alan can call it whatever he wants, but I will always refer to it OOC as Discern. You may make a Perception check to get more visual details, if Alan walks up to the wall and tries to get a look at what Michael did. Separate from that you may use Insight to try and get a read on Michael's intentions. You may also make an Intellect check to try to reason your way through the information available to you.

Henry receives a new Complication: "The Calling". This reflects how your character views the supernatural and approaches dealing with it. Do they seek to hunt down and kill monsters? Do they aim to protect people from the supernatural? Do they endeavor to understand the nature of supernatural beings and phenomena? Do they want to help or redeem monsters? Do they seek to mediate some kind of peace or middle ground between humanity and monsters?

This is not a small thing. The Calling is what your character is driven to do. When they pursue it they feel empowered and filled with conviction for what they're doing. It feels right. Like it is what they are meant to do. When they stray from their Calling they become demoralized and depressed. In addition to my triggering the Complication, you may actively take measures to trigger it yourself. When your character pursues their Calling successfully or convinces others to share in their Calling (ex. someone who wants to redeem monsters convinces the rest of the group that the best way of handling a creature is to help it) the character will receive a HP.

He also receives the following Powers:
As a reaction you may spend 1 HP to activate the following Powers (both of them at once) for a scene.

"The Sight", Senses 4 [Detect "Supernatural" (2) ; All Senses Counter Illusion (2)]
"Self-Control", Immunity 14 [Possession, Supernatural Fear, Mental Control, and Body "Puppetting"/Control ; Flaws: Limited to "Supernatural Powers" (-1/r)]
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

How many pieces is Tabitha in? I am trying to get a visual in my head of how long it would take to cover the body/remains in sand enough to hide it from the people coming plus get into the water to wash the stuff off his body.

For the calling, would keeping his current mindset of seeking to understand each individual one he meets for the purposes of making peace/helping the ones who aren't tormented/suffering. The ones like Tabitha who are clearly beyond any reason he would resolve to save from their existence. So, for a zombie he might go for the brain, but a vampire he'll try to come to terms so long as they are reasonable and nonviolent. For a werewolf or banshee, he would first try to talk them down, but if it fails do what he must to save them from their violent existence. If any of that makes sense.

So something like a mediator with a dash of redeeming or helping maybe. If it becomes clear he can't mediate or redeem though he would resort to force as he is able.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent wrote:So something like a mediator with a dash of redeeming or helping maybe. If it becomes clear he can't mediate or redeem though he would resort to force as he is able.
The Calling is what your character is driven to do. Attempting to redeem monsters is a distinctly different route than aiming to be a mediator and coexist with those monsters. Pick one of those two to act as Henry's Calling. The other is a preferred/accepted manner of operating. Not an empowering drive that he has conviction for.

Blane was driven to protect people from the supernatural. Angela is driven to destroy monsters. Alan is driven to understand the supernatural. Henry is driven to ... what? From what I saw, it looked like Henry's priority was to meet out his idea of redemption. He talked. He fought when he needed to. But what I saw from beginning to end was Henry trying to deliver Tabitha into his vision of salvation.

Your Calling does not exclude you from other actions. You aren't necessarily a narrow minded fanatic.
MrDent wrote:How many pieces is Tabitha in? I am trying to get a visual in my head of how long it would take to cover the body/remains in sand enough to hide it from the people coming plus get into the water to wash the stuff off his body.
The corpse is smashed to a pulpy mess with the limbs separated from the body. So five pieces. Henry's clothes are bloody. That is not something you solve with a quick dip in the ocean. Unless you go the "skinny dipping" route. Blood can stain your skin for a while, but that would take a closer inspection.

It is also dark out. That is an advantage for Henry. He hasn't been noticed yet. Henry has time to perform maybe one or two fast actions, then quickly leave the scene. If he sticks around to do something more elaborate he risks being spotted.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

So how about the below for Henry's calling?

Calling(Redemption): Henry thrives on other cultures and views himself as accepting, but there is something wrong with supernatural creatures that he feels deep down. Not thinking they are all bad enough to be destroyed, he seeks to help redeem the ones who can be "saved" by understanding, reason, or blade.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

That is excellent. Very in line with what we've seen from Henry. Both his actions and introspection.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Because Henry acted quickly to make his exit he will get away without any issues arising. Are you alright skipping ahead to Monday? The police will show up at some point before the end of the weekend and question Henry, but they won't do more than question him.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Sure. I didn't think police would completely forget about him. Is it safe to assume he got cleaned up and was able to burn his clothes without issue?