[IC] Four Horsemen: Wager

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] Four Horsemen: Ride of the Horsemen

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
0 HP | LP 4
-—o—-

Just before they're pulled along, he has a flash of inspiration. He took that curious link that conected him with Kaito and Gerald, and then tried to re-focus it elsewhere. Each of the minds afflicted by his message in fact carried a seed of his consciousness, lying in wait for him to trigger them and take control of a new host. If he were to just tap it lightly, maybe he could... Yes. There. This was perfect.

"The time for panic is over. You have a grievance with this city, act upon it. Congregate, make demands, inspire anarchy. Spread the message."

Then... he was gone. Elsewhere. Dallas, apparently. "What the hell about everything we did on that bridge made you think we were the heroes in this scenario, kid?" Mike asked, a headache blooming from being momentarily split across a hundred minds. "Damnit... I'm gonna have to call up the boys and get them moved. It'll only take a moment..."

OOC: Power stunt off of our mental link, to create a brief limited version targeting his thralls.

Afterward, he's going to start making some calls to have the HQ he previously had established in San Francisco moved to somewhere in the Dallas area.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Catastrophe

"I... uh... wellll... ummm... we saved the bridge! And kept the cops from shooting everybody." he says hopefully. "We're not really BAD guys,... are we?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev
HP: 2
CND: Healthy

Visions of monsters and angelic hordes flooded Garald's mind's eye. After they ended, and the transition from one point is space to a far removed location, he staggered a step. He'd been swimming in water a second ago and he had to adjust for the change in stance to be standing on solid ground. A singular rough shake of the head was given, then he looked around, taking in his new surroundings. After absorbing the immediate area he looked beyond the alley to the street and the coffee shop where his attention was pulled. At some point he caught the tail end of Kaito and Mike's banter. Drawing back his gaze he looked between the pair. First to Mike, giving him a look that might well have said 'Really? You're going to call the teenager a villainous monster?'. Then he looked to Kaito.

"Heroes and villains. Good guys and bad guys. These are childish ways of looking at the world and you are no child Kaito. People are more complex than that."

Lifting his left hand he brought it up to the youth's shoulder and gripped it in companionable fashion.

"You set off a bomb on the bridge and undoubtable you hurt or killed people. You did it to protect yourself, to protect us, and get what we needed. There is nothing wrong with that. This doesn't make you bad or evil. It means that you will do what you need to when the time comes and that we can rely on you."

After the words of reassurance Garald releases his hold on Kaito. Then feeling damp and cool he looks down at himself. His clothes were soaked and his shoes sodden with river water. With a slight jerk he tosses off some water onto the pavement.

"Going inside the shop like this will only draw attention to ourselves. Best that we make contact with the fourth with mind messages."
OOC wrote:I said I'd wait for Epic … but seeing this I couldn't help it. Garald rolls 1d20+Evil to try to begin corrupting Kaito.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Vincent Colt
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Array:

Starbucks was just a temporary stop on his escape and plans to lay low after the mayhem he'd caused earlier with that gun run gone horribly wrong. Just a place ot catch his breath, try and blend in a bit, and get some damn caffine. It had been a long damn chase and he hadn't eaten or drank anything since the whole mess started.

While sitting at a table, suddenly something pulled at him and there was a "presense"...well, three of them all close together. Rubbing his eyes, Vincent looks off in the direction of the presenses, wondering if maybe he was losing it. <What the hell is that..?>
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

Garald paused briefly, giving Mike and Kaito a chance to chime in. When they didn't he shifted his attention away from them and alley, to the coffee shop across from the street. Scanning the vaguely visible forms of people moving around beyond the window he watched for some kind of reaction from one of them …. then projected his message across the mental link that the horsemen had with one another.

"Hello. My name is Garald. What is your's?"

After the introduction and question were made, Garald allowed time for a response. Then he pressed on.

"Would you mind coming to the alley across from the street? My two companions and I need to show you something that you will want to see. Just follow the pull."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito doesn't have a response for Garald. He's so deep in thought over it he misses the other Horseman's introduction.

"Oh, yes, Kaito here. Spoiler alert. Angels are real, so are Demons. It's trippy."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Vincent Colt
Array:

Vincent is taken aback. He certainly didn't know about this kind of ability, but he felt a strange sense of... kinship... with the voice on the other side. Taking care to keep an eye out for any cops that might recognize him, he quickly crosses over to where the other horsemen waited, finding them easily enough. "What's this all about? Who are you guys?"
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

When Vincent comes into view he sees a tall broad shouldered man clad in black jeans, shirt, and jacket. Garald is well muscled but in a toned fashion. Not bulky. As he sees Vincent there is a look of recognition on his face, even though they have never met before. Subtly he tilts his chin upwards in greeting

"I'm Garald. This is Kaito. That's Mike."

As he mentions the names of the others Garald motions to them, so Vincent have a face to go alone with the names and voices he may have heard. Then looking to Kaito he give a slight inclination of his head towards Vincent.

"Show him the ring."

Garald waits for Kaito to comply, and gives Vincent a chance to look at the artifact. Then he reaches forwards and grasps hold of one section of it, over one of the markings.

"Touch it along with us. It should amp you up and show you something. It did for us anyway. Then you'll know about as much as we do on the topic."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
0 HP | LP 4
-—o—-

The newcomer would see Mike as a young Asian man with a passion for flashy loks that range from his clothes to the way he dyed his hair. All illusions of glamour and trendiness has gone out the window now that everything he wears has been rendered skin-tight and excessively uncomfortable after being waterlogged, and his mop of hair being all too literall.

"Son of a birch, my phone is just completely jacked up isn't it? Damnit, I should've just atayed on that bridge and waited too we were on dry land." He spoke through ground teeth, his posture mimicking that of a pissed off cat overall.

He turned, only slowly becoming aware they were joined by another. "Kaito, think you can... Ah, get. This body's name is Mike, as he said. Pleasure."

When prompted by Gerald, he joins them in grasping the ring where it called to him.
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Upon all four Horsemen touching the ring, all the Horsemen feel a surge of power flow through them followed as the ring glows a bright red for a moment before going back to a dark red aura. The surge of power felt like putting both hands on a live wire yet the effect wasn't burns. The raw power they felt before explodes inside them giving the Horsemen a shot of power that lasts longer than the previous jolt when teleporting.

On top of the jolt, the previous vision becomes more clear. In addition to the angelic armies, eldritch terrors, and demonic soldiers was a large circular door looking similar to the ring made of magnificent jade and ruby like material. Each of the four areas has its own symbol roughly looking like a plate of rich food, a dove flying, golden bars, and lady justice. Zooming out at a nauseating pace, a vision of the world three ways appears with one in flames, one rich colours of blue and green, and finally one not yet formed. An invisible hand swipes its hands past them. It is the same feeling of the unseeable presence holding everything at bay.

After the visions pass, the mysteries of the ring become clear to the Horsemen. The world is theirs if they want it. They can also use it now to anywhere they want without need of a plane or transport so long as they can envision it together. This amount of information would fell any mere mortal, but they now know they are above all that. They are the Horsemen. Together they are strong.

Something is bugging Cognangion after all that though. He feels part of thralls slipping away from him.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] Four Horsemen: Interlude

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Woah." Kaito says.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

As they each bore witness to the vision Garald's arm vibrated with the power surging through his body. As though he were running on an extended rush of excess adrenaline and not putting it to use. When it ended he Russian's hand lingered on the ring for a handful of seconds before with drawing his limb. The red glow clung to his hand for a time before seeping into him, sending a brief pulse of red-white light through his veins. Then it dispersed as though he was still a normal, banal, human being. The ring itself, he seemed content to leave in Kaito's stewardship.

"We need to find the door then … and there are people who want to stop us. The Russian ambassador and anyone else in the water at the bridge will have seen us disappear. That means governments are going to be aware of us to some extent."

The words were uttered as though a cross between thinking aloud and reminding the others, or informing Vincent something of what he missed earlier. A thoughtful expression crossed the man's face. A face that looked suited to brooding and introspection. A moment later he looked to Mike, not forgetting what he had said before they introduced Vincent to the ring.

"You need a new phone to get in contact with your people?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"And Angels. There was an Angel. Wings and light and... mind illusions... maybe..." Kaito looks to Mike.

"Oh, phone. Yes. Bag of rice. It'll take a few hours. Might just want to get a burner until then."

"New guy, Fourth Horseman, what's your name? And have strange things been happening this past week?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
0 HP | LP 4
-—o—-

Along with the visions, came the sheer mental relief. Something had clicked within him, though he wasn't sure just what it was. Something he would have to work out out later. "Right, the old bag of rice trick. Dammit... Fine, I'll hit up the local Mall-Mart and get things taken care of. I'll take a look around for a good spot we can hunker down in while I'm at it."
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Vincent Colt
Array:

Names aside, none of them really answered the question. And after touchign the ring, expecting it might answer some questions, Vincent was left with more questions and no actual answers. "Still feeling like I'm out of the loop here. What's with this ring? And what was that all about?" He gestures vaguely indicating the vision. "And what was that... "feeling"? It felt like I drank a dozen energy drinks, all at once, while being hit by lightning. What the hell?"