[IC] Four Horsemen: Wager

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] Four Horsemen: Black Gold

Post by Flynnarrel »

Catastrophe

"I... I don't kno..." he starts to say aloud, hesitantly, a response NOT sent through the group link. Garald's directions cut off his response and then sirens started going off.

I'll... be right there. he says into the link.

In a heartbeat he's navigating the water drainways exitting through the outlet that lets wastewater into the surrounding sea. He's to Garald and Leon in a flash.

"Here to help." Kaito's crackly voice comes out from the purplish cloud with red sparks of entropic lightning as he zips past the two to distract the other fliers. He positions to line up the two at once and let's forth a searing line of lightning between them.
lightning; Damage, Area-line pr 12, Secondary Effect [on 6 ranks only]
DC22 Dodge checks for DC27 or dc21 Toughness, with DC21 or DC18 next turn.
"Something pithy this way comes."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The Ferarri Jacket guy almost anticipates the attack and starts bobbing and weaving as the bolt misses him. He makes a cocky is that the best you can do look, without saying the words, and keeps his attention on Garald. The workers around Ferarri Jacket guy are not so self assured. They are even more panicked with some heading towards a radio or cowering as they fumble with their phones.

All eye s start shifting in amazement to where they just saw the Ferrari Jacket guy and back to the Horsemen. The Horsemen with the glasses don't see any change, but the one without them sees the spot where the man who just dodged the lightening having ash on the ground. The lightening had circled back and incinerated the man, or so the one without glasses saw.
AP just makes his dodge save to half and the toughness DC
DC 13 to look around and try to find the illusionist

AP 21
Kaito 20
LR 19
Garald 18 <====
RG 13
Cognagion 4
MJ 4
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev
HP: 1
CND: Healthy

When the message began to touch at his mind, Garald shut it off. Blocking it out before it even completed. He didn't care who was sending it. He didn't care what they said. It was only a distraction. A diversion from achieving mission success, and getting what the Horsemen wanted. A moment later he felt the tension build up around him. Constricting and attempting to bind him. Resisting it Garald pushed his arms out and away from his body to create space to move, then he shot upwards and out of the invisible bindings.

A crackling bolt of entropic energy flashed past and he heard the warped voice of Kaito in his gaseous state. Briefly he glanced off to the side at his comrade, offering a brief greeting.

"Good timing."

Noticing the movement of the civilians, and their frightened looks, Garald made a waving motion with his left hand. Indicating that the rig workers should stay clear of the combat that was taking place.

"Get back. We won't let them hurt you."

Just afterwards he relayed a message over the group's mental communication, so as to keep Cognagion appraised, and encourage him to keep lines of communication open. In the past the social engineer got so caught up in his own manipulations that he forgot to let the others know exactly what he was doing.

"Cognagion, we have two outside. Be mindful that the third might still be on the rig."

An instant later Garald surged forwards, rushing at the Ferrari Jacket Guy. One first pulled back in a classic 'Super Man Punch' pose. Then, once in melee range again, he three his fist forwards.
OOC wrote:As a note, Garald will block all attempts at mental communication with him, unless it is from one of the Horsemen or feels like a new Horseman. Consider that his default.

DC 20 Dodge check to resist Invisible Band DC 20: 1D20+9 = [19]+9 = 28

Standard Action to attack Ferrari Jacket Guy Attack Ferrari Jacket: 1D20+9 = [9]+9 = 18 DC 30 Tough if it hits.
Dynamic Array wrote: Immunity 10 [Mental Effects ; Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r)] * 10
Flight 7, Enhanced Advantage 1 [Move-by Action] * 15
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

To everyone without the special glasses, Garald seems to be like Don Quixote and charging at the air over a pile of ashes. Garalds proclamation of defense, doesn't do a whole lot to assure the people who are still cowering. The ones who aren't bent on causing sabotage that is. As Garalds fists nearly make impact with the area over the pile of ashes, as everyone else sees it, the angel in the sky comes soaring down with wings unfurled in his full angelic glory to get hit by the man who would be Superman.

It definitely leaves a mark as the angels chest caves in a little bit. The angel man still stands though and doesn't show any pain. "These two are false messengers coming to reign destruction on all that is good and just in the world. You all may view me as you will, but I will never stop fighting to keep you safe and protect this world with all I have.", says the man in full on Angelic splendor with his wings shining brightly. With both arms, spectral claws come out of his hands and swing at Garald missing him the Superman Russian. At the same time, the damage to his chest vanishes.

Leon, still in the middle of it al looks petrified and not sure what to believe at this point. With the chaos of the sirens and a mini battle of super beings he isn't sure what to expect with his face going crazy.
If someone tells Cognagion it's an illusion, he needs to make a DC 19 insight check to penetrate the illusion. There is no clear proof at this point that the dust is not an illusion.

The angel rolled really well on toughness and really bad on the attack.

AP 21
Kaito 20
LR 19
Garald 18
RG 13
Cognagion 4 <====
MJ 4
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
1 HP | LP 3
-—o—-

Insight: 19 Just enough.

Subtly he let the influence of what he could see spread between his enthralled, those that weren't busy locking things into place to make sure it all went to kingdom come were making damn sure everyone else in the room knew something was wrong. Gasps were held, whimpers were unleashed, and pure unadulterated terror would hopefully begin to seep through them as they understand there was a new Truth to be uncovered. The impostors were falsely trying to slander the likes of Valor and Suffrage, but they would not be swayed no longer.

"Leon-" Rodger gasped out, wide eyes constantly flicking to the Angel and Gerald as he reached for his associate. "We have to get the workers to the lifeboats, get everyone out of here before people get hurt!"

"I can already feel him. I'll try to take the target with me while I look."

Persuasion: 43
The thralls will continue on their previous path using my move and standard, but now they should be aware and Spreading the Word that things aren't what they seem.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Leon doesn't need much convincing to move to help "Roger". He is already wanting to run. Not being bound by anyone, Leon starts to run to the escape boats near the rig as well as to the nearest radio. He flicks a switch and the system turns on. Everyone, get off the rig now! This is not a drill!, blasts out the system. The people around in visual sight of the melee are still too afraid to move. Around the rig though, it is becoming apparent that the sabotage order is working its way through the crew based on the increasing level of the alarms and systems going haywire. No one seems to notice the illusion is false though still.

With all the mayhem, Cognagion feels the threads connecting him to the thralls starting to strain as if someone is focusing somehow on neutralizing the connection or possibly even the seeds of control. Its as if they are being ripped away from him.

Another burst of energy rips over the ashes, as most people see as if it was still lingering. The horsemen, however, see it slam into the Ferrari jacket guy only to hit some sort of field around him to no harm to him. A nod is exchanged between the two Other's visible to the horsemen as the Ferrari Jacket guy takes off around a corner likely to help secure the rig. Whatever he does, some of the alarms start to fade from the sensors due to those pumps being shutdown. Of course, all anyone sees is the pile is ashes plus the angel.
Cognagion needs to make a DC 18 power check for his mind control power.

AP 21
Kaito 20 <=====
LR 19
Garald 18
RG 13
Cognagion 4
MJ 4
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
1 HP | LP 3
-—o—-

Power Check: 21

'Fuck off fuck off fuck off-' The thought entity repeated endlessly within Rodger's head, causing his host's eye to twitch involuntarily.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Catastrophe

Nah... none of this was right.

In the glorious confusion Kaito ducked to where he could solidify once more unobserved. [Free Acton]. As soon as his glasses were corporeal his activated them to survey the scene. [Free action]
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Catastrophe

Can anyone recall if the illusionist can fly? Kaito asks the others.

Kaito wends his way over to the base of the maintenance tower and, if safe to do so without being obvious, dissolves the supports to tip the entire thing into the sea.

"LUCIFER WAS AN ANGEL TOO! ANGELS FALL! BEGONE FOUL BEING!!!" He screams at the angel illusion.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

Garald resisted the urge to follow the Ferrari Jacket Guy with is eyes, or turn his head.

"Looks like Kaito found the illusionist. Don't forget about the bracelet Cognagion."

... Garald offered in response to Cognagion's comment about looking for the illusionist and taking Leon with him, right after Kaito went zipping off to topple a tower. Then gave his rebuttal to the 'Angelic Defender'. Glaring at the Samaritain with dark eyes he fed Kaito a reminder of what they knew, or suspected, about the Others.

"I don't recall seeing the Illusionist fly. He tried to mess with my head last time though. They may have some form of group transportation like we do. So press them hard and try to disperse them if they huddle up. They aren't leaving here with the Dove or Gold Bars."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
1 HP | LP 3
-—o—-

"I definitly won't." He thought within Rodger's head, considering the next words' he'd weave in for his poor distraught coworker.
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

While here is panicked eyes looking everywhere, Kaito doesn't notice anyone eyeing him specifically although it is likely they are looking out for more threats to pop up out of nowhere. As the energy eats away at the maintenance tower, it starts tipping over with the illusionist inside of it sending electrical sparks everywhere due to the wire connections being live still. No one takes special note of Kaitos usage of power, as best as anyone can tell. The workers on the rig though are all pretty terrified at this point so it is difficult to tell if they've reached their peak of fright or just missed the power usage display.

Coming out of the water standing on a chair in a soaked uniform landing 15 feet from Leon, the one the Horsemen recognize as Luca Romancik from previous background checks settles back on the rig. He speaks in a smooth voice loud enough for most to hear. "The Russian his allies are not your friends. We only come to help you. We can't do that if you panic. I deeply apologize for what I must do now.", says the man as everyone relatively close to him start falling asleep. Notably, Leon doesn't fall asleep.
Garald and Cognagion need to make DC 24 will saves with conditions Fatigue, Exhausted, Asleep corresponding to each degree of failure.

AP 21
Kaito 20
LR 19
Garald 18 <====
RG 13
Cognagion 4
MJ 4
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

Garald watched at the tower toppled, then observed the rise of the mentalist from the water. He observed the result of his actions, subduing noncombatants. He just made the more vulnerable. Unable to defend themselves. Reliant on the intervention of others. That could be good.

"You came to steal ... and now this ... you assault civilians."

The Russian called back in response to what the Romanian had said. Then in a burst of sudden speed he whirled around and flew at the mentalist. Charging forward, he threw a hooking swing of his right fist for the other man's head.
OOC wrote:Move Action to close distance on Luca. Standard Action to Attack Luca, using Accurate Attack +3 Atk/-3 Dmg.

Attack Luca, Accurate Attack -3/+3: 1D20+12 = [13]+12 = 25 DC 27 Tough.
Dynamic Array wrote: Immunity 10 [Mental Effects ; Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r)] * 10
Flight 7, Enhanced Advantage 1 [Move-by Action] * 15
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Garald lands a hit, but instead of hitting flesh he feels something very close to the mans skin stop the punch in its tracks only giving a little. The illusionist just shakes his head and looks sadly at Garald. Despite the force of the punch, the illusionist doesn't even look concerns and looks more worried about the people than the Russian powerhouse in front of him. The few awake within eye sight of the scene can't look even more scared than they are, but all the noise of the alarms and the sight of supernatural powers is enough to drive any of them into panic attacks.

The "angel" seeing an opening goes in for the save on Leon by taking flight, grabbing Leon, ad dropping him in one of the life boats near the bottom of one of the rigs columns. "You may not believe us, but we are here to help. My team will stop the damage being done to the rig by those under the sway of the mind controller somewhere on the rig. I promise you that.", says the "angel" with his words falling on the unlistening ears of Leon who just wants to help others get to safety.
AP 21
Kaito 20
LR 19
Garald 18
RG 13
Cognagion 4 <=====
MJ 4
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 3
-—o—-

Perhaps to the man's surprise, Rodger dosn't even falter. "I- I just need to get the hell away from here! Leon, we should- Leon! Dammit, why are you-?!" He sputters, almost ripping over his feat as he starts rushing past workers in a mad dash to jump into the life boat as well. "Just, just get us the hell out of here! I don't know what's going on, I don't know who to believe but- if you'll save us, then I just don't really care!"

"These assholes keep trying to get him out of reach of me. I might end up out of range for awhile, good luck on the rig you two."
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------