(IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: (IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU)

Post by Ken »

"People get hurt all the time. Sometimes... all you can do is hurt them first," Elephanteen responded. "If you and your friends hadn't shown up... We're not here for people."
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

"You don't want to believe that, do you?" Waverunner pauses a heartbeat, "But yeah, people can be really foolish. Dolphins are so much cooler."

A wrinkle of her forehead, "So what is Eight-Dread trying to accomplish?" Her hand reaches up, as if by its own, resting between Elephanteen's eyes, soft, tender, warm.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
MetaShaman

Post by MetaShaman »

Citizen Red and Blue aimed to knock the Ninja the rest of the way out, both team attacking him with their blasters, albeit now unceremoniously. The Quartet had missed their chance to be cool.

Red and Blue blast him again: 1D20+11 = [14]+11 = 25
1D20+11 = [15]+11 = 26
DC 23, I think that totals out to.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Toughness check: 1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9 against a DC26 because you managed to achieve the 3 levels with just the two of them (barely).

Red and Blue fire simultaneously, dropping Night Ninja where he stood. The only thing that would have made it better would have been an explosion as they turned toward the audience.... and getting this level of power out of their blasters the first time and Black not getting slashed down the chest. Maybe in take two.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Magnaflux
Hero Points: One.
Conditions: Fatigued.

He felt exhausted, but so far his team had been able to contain Eightdred, their high mobility assets had been neutralized, Quartet had the ninja assassin surrounded and were engaging with deadly efficiency. Mangrove had Derby Doll, quite literally, in hand, whereas Waverunner had managed to engage Elephanteen in negotiations, interesting. Narwhal and Brown needed to be neutralized, he decided to assist Shaper and finish off Narwhal.

With a wave of his hand, Racer's blades circled once again and went streaming towards the brutish Narwhal.
OOC: Metal Fullisade (Multiattack) against Narwhal (DC 25 Toughness): 1D20+10 = [18]+10 = 28. Oh wow. Not quite a crit, but with Multiattack, if Narwhal's Dodge is 12 or less that is 2 degrees, and a DC 27 Toughness, if his Dodge is 7 or less, that's 3 degrees, and the full DC 30 Toughness.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

As all of the razors hit Narwal, the slices didn't hurt as much as the impact and frequency of them. Toughness check w/ -2: 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18 The blows, coupled with him already being staggered from the fight, caused the misshapen villain to collapse, drifting into unconsciousness.

(OOC: Per player's statement, using Mozou as an NPC.) Seeing most of the combatants fallen or contained, Mozou holders her blaster and rushes over to Citizen Black. While she hasn't had medical training, she knows a bad cut when she sees one and tears off the rest of his tunic to use to apply pressure to the wound.

Mangrove and Citizen Pink, your initiatives are up.
Jim C.

Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Mangrove HP: 0, Condition: Bruised, Fatigued

Mangrove kept Derby Doll within his grasp, confident he would be able to keep her restrained. With his other limb he lashed out at Brownian, hopeful that in his solid state he would prove susceptible to the toxins that Mangrove could produce. He lashed and lashed again, but in his over-eagerness only managed to barely connect.

ooc
Free action: Maintain Grab on Derby Doll
Standard: With Improved Grab attack Brownian with Phytotoxin
Power Attack 2: 1D20+7 = [1]+7 = 8
HP to Improve Roll
Power Attack 2, Hp for reroll: 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14 that is under ten so with +10 it will hit 24 Parry
I will use Extra Effort to Action Surge and attack again.
Power Attack 2, extra effort for 2nd: 1D20+7 = [2]+7 = 9 ARGH! Ah well...
One attack hit, unless he is Immune somehow he needs a Fort save vs DC 21; Impaired/Disabled/Paralyzed
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

As Mangrove lashes out, Brownian Movement waits for the lash to strike. Fortitude check: 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24 As the Pytotoxin is released, most of it leaks out the the incredibly tough form and diesn't take effect (Only a single level of damage).

Citizen Pink's action is next.
Jim C.

MetaShaman

Post by MetaShaman »

Citizen Pink watched the rest of the team members on site take down most of Eightdred, and Citizens Red and Blue finished up with Night Ninja. How else could she deal with the gaggle of supervillains.

Picking a target, she would shift her blaster to Stun mode. Derby Doll was suspended in vines, whilst the Brownian Movement guy was still harassing Mangrove. If she dealt with him, it would be two birds with one stone. "Leave him alone, jerk!" she scolded whilst she fired a more yellowish crackling bolt of what was probably electricity.

Citizen Pink zaps Brownian movement.: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18 Fort DC16 vs Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated

Not much, I know, but it's something.
jcjec

Re: Round 3

Post by jcjec »

As the beam of energy lanced out, it too hit Brownian Movement. Fortitude check: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17; again, a single level. Like Mangrove's toxin, the electrical discharge seemed to have no effect against him, But then....

Brownian Movement burst into a cloud of dust, disappearing into the light wind blowing over the tarmac.

With all of the other villains vanquished by conversation, capture or unconsciousness, all that was left was the talking.
Jim C.

jcjec

Post by jcjec »

As Waverunner pulled the large, elephant-like teen in close to talk ((OOC: I'm leaving the conversation aspect to Ken, who was the character's creator.)), the rest of the group were able to see Air Force personnel rushing toward them, both on foot and in jeeps, and carrying large caliber weapons.
Jim C.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Spectrum wrote:"You don't want to believe that, do you?" Waverunner pauses a heartbeat, "But yeah, people can be really foolish. Dolphins are so much cooler."
"The closest I ever came to meeting a dolphin was," Elephanteen's eyes darted to Narwhal, "that perv. And it may not be what I wanted to believe, but experience is a hard teacher."
Spectrum wrote:A wrinkle of her forehead, "So what is Eight-Dread trying to accomplish?" Her hand reaches up, as if by its own, resting between Elephanteen's eyes, soft, tender, warm.
"Earn our paycheck, and continue to make our name," she explained. "In this case, there's someone who wanted the Ares II smashed up. Probably one of those 'Earth First' types."
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Condition: -1 damage

Seeing the battle concluding, Shaper surveyed the battlefield. Luckily there wasn't too much collateral damage excluding the hanger exterior. Between himself and Mangaflux, that should be a pretty quick fix.

Flying over to the hanger, Shaper paused for a moment to activate his comm to the rest of the team. "So should we call Smith and Strikeforce to get them to secure the Eightdred team? I assume the danger is passed now right? If so, want to try to repair or at least patch the hanger." Shaper would do it himself, but he didn't want to bypass the team's temp leader's authority.

Tapping into his innate abilities, Shaper caused a panel of sheeting to appear in the hanger hole, trying his best to cover and support the entire area where the hole was opened and metal was removed from. Changing the settings slightly, Shaper then caused the sheet to bond to the surrounding material, patching up the hole. It wasn't the same material, more of an approximation, but it should do the job.
OOC: Using Continuous Create to cover the hole made by Might and Mangaflux. With Subtle 1, the sheeting is realistic and made to match surrounding material. Then using Transform (damaged to whole) to fuse the hanger to the sheet. Expertise Science: 1D20+14 = [15]+14 = 29
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Magnaflux
Hero Points: One.
Conditions: None.

As the Air Force Security Forces approached Seth calmly tapped his comm, "Agent Smith, Magna Flux reporting. Eight-dred have been engaged, neutralized and detained. Awaiting a Strikeforce Security detail for transport. Air Force Security Officers en route, please confirm the we are friendlies. Over."

He could feel the weapons leveled at them, the metal in the rifles himself stood out starkly against the large open area. He slowly landed on the ground, arms held out from his body, non threatening, almost welcoming. "Evening officers. You're hostiles, the Eight-Dred, have been detained and neutralized. Strikeforce is en route for transport. Lower your weapons, and let me speak to the officer in charge."
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
HP:2 Cnd: A moment to Breathe

As the spear of shadows burst upon Elephanteen's forhead, Stephyn's glide carried him to the ground. Two steps towards her, the tendrils coursing along his arm formed into a blade. At that moment, a voice, calm and serene asks a simple question. A question that flooded through Wraith's own rage and instantly extinguished his own dark rage. The charge changed to two simple steps and a hung head as the Shadowmage finally caught his breath.

It was at this point Wraith realized it was over...the Eightdread were neutralized.

They had done it. They had protected the Mars flight. As Shaper's and Magnaflux's voices carried over the comms, Stephyn turned to face the oncoming security force with his arms out to his sides and palms open, all the while striding to where Magnaflux was standing.