(IC) Neotropolis: Science (Un)Fair

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Psistrike
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by Psistrike » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:23 am

Shadowwalker
"Remove it slow and precisely, this is going to take a lot of concentration. Just make sure no one tries to hit me while doing this, this is new to me but I...feel for some reason like I can do it." Moving her hands to touch as much of the rubble as possible to help focus her power, she channels her powers in as precise a manner as possible to prevent Dr. Wong from bleeding out, using what little first aid knowledge she has to help guide her as the rubble disappeared and reappeared piece by piece across the street.

OOC: Power-Stunting to get this: Teleport Attack 1, Increased Mass 7 [3 tons], Precise, +1 Extra dubbed [Medical precision] to cover her removing it in a controlled manner so he doesn't bleed out. Teleporting the rubble to any open space within 30'.

Shock
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:27 pm
Location: Connecticut USA

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by Shock » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:01 am

Anna Segur: Codename Blitz
HP: 1
Condition: Good


Anna had her foot raised, ready to stomp on Trinity's neck. She froze at Akar Saga's touch. Her cheeks burned as she remembered the first time he'd touched her, in a very similar situation. She was sixteen and had just defeated several of Chimaera's expendable troops. They were poorly trained, used only for dangerous assaults and always expected to die. They were also useful for training more important assets, as they would not be missed if there were "accidents." That time, she'd crushed a man's windpipe and Akar Saga's reaction was revolting, as she remembered it now. Back then, it was flattering, arousing. By the third time, even more so. Her stomach turned at that memory.

Anna reached down, holding his hands in place on her body. "Yes. It does feel like old times." She turned, her hands staying on his, now on her rear. He was slightly taller than she was, so she looked up, into his eyes. Her head tilted back. Her eyes held his gaze. Then, without warning, her head pitched forward, smashing her forehead into his face. She shoved him away. "I hate that! Stay away from me, or you'll end up like Trinity."

User avatar
Psistrike
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by Psistrike » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:28 am

OOC: Rolls Spectrum asked for, guess my power stunt doesn't matter right now. Acrobatics: Acrobatics check: 1D20+16 = [1]+16 = 17 Okay, I have at least 1 HP left so I'm rerolling that one, a 1 on the die sucks. Acrobatics: Acrobatics check: 1D20+16 = [15]+16 = 31 Fortitude: Fortitude check: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15 Sleight of Hand [Dex]: Dexterity check: 1D20+1 = [8]+1 = 9 CoyoteCode hates me today. :(

CaptainChaos
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:36 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by CaptainChaos » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:23 pm

Celestial hp: 2

Kate was at a loss for what to do. Robert was in danger but there were enemies all around as well. She had been told to stay out of the way but why? Who or what were these people. They were at least on the same side anyway.

"Is Robert going to be okay?"

If so, then it might be time for Celestial to show up. Although she had not been keeping track of the battle so she had no idea if her team was winning or losing.

Spectrum
Posts: 1497
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by Spectrum » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:49 pm

Neotropolis is known for doing the impossible. Science!tists finding a way to suspend the rules of nature to their own purpose. Quite often they find that instead of truly breaking the rules, they instead bend them, finding new limitations rather than a lack of limitations.

Shadowwalker is learning one of those lessons. Her body (and will) open a pinhole gateway between this world and the next and steps through. She has even learned that with enough extra energy, she will be able to take extra mass with her. This attempt, this risk, is moving the mass without taking her with it.

The gate way opens, Shadowwalker prepares to throw the rubble through it.. and then it starts to pull towards her, trying to suck her through the gateway. After all, the rule has been that she pushes through the membrane and takes things with her. She should be going with it, the rules demand it. The rules start kindly at first, nudging her in its direction and she starts to be pulled with the rubble into the gaping hole. Soon she begins to be pulled with it but manages to find a way to grip down, stopping her slide into the grasp. Still it pulls, trying to pull her into the grasping hole..though her body stays forth even as the maelstrom pulls her closer her energy and will is pulled through, draining her of her life, being awake for hours on end in a moment, welcoming her into sleep but still her eyes stay open barely. A blink of her eyes and she sees her wristband slip away, blowing into the gate.

Anna draws Akara Saga closer, pulling the loathsome lothario into her grasp, closer and closer welcoming the spider into the web. A grin widens across his lips, showing off the shark's maw. He sees the intent though, a quick leap backwards and disappearing from this place.

Samaritan starts to feel the trickle of rain, little bits falling over his shoulders, his cheeks. The rain grows heavier.. with a meaty thunk a large piece of duracrete falls upon Muscle-Bound's shoulders, another.. another... the massive lump of duracrete falling back to where it came from.. slamming again and again into the warp fleshed brute, the wall falling back upon him in pieces...

...a piece of mangled silver falls in the batch, clattering to the ground...

... a rather surprised acrobatic figure lands upon the top of the heap, landing upon Muscle-Bound's forehead before leaping away and into nothingness. The quick eyed will notice a look of surprised shock upon his face.

Muscle-Bound falls over, the sound of a crashing tree upon the now rubble filled field.

Five does not have time such things as she quickly wraps strand after strand of the white rope around Robert, enveloping him in a cocoon. A peculiar odour creeps from her, the stench of goat. Eyes water, noses twitch.. but will Robert be all right?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.

kenmadragon
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by kenmadragon » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:48 pm

The Samaritan
HP: 5 -> 4 Cond: Bewildered

The Samaritan grunted as Muscle-Bound managed to twist his hands in counter to the young hero's efforts to squirm free. While not as mighty as the paragon, the genetically modified superhuman was far more skilled in the arts of grappling than the Samaritan, and where he lacked in strength he more than made up for with technique. And with superhuman strength of its own, managed to foil the Samaritan's attempts at escape.

This didn't stop the meat-head from attempting to treat the Samaritan's head like a jar of pickles and twist the lid open on his skull. Ouch ouch ouch!

Grunting back, the Samaritan bore through it with grit teeth as he noticed the rifle-wolf talking to him. After a moment to process that through the - okay, this was really annoying, would he stop twisting? He could feel the roots of his hair tearing themselves apart and his hair grew fast but not that fast - pain before he realized the rifle-wolf was asking if he was okay. Well, to be honest, no he was without any manner of grip and pain didn't seem to phase Muscle-Bound so the Samaritan was left with the conundrum that he couldn't just punch his way out. There were enough steroids and muscle-enhancments and strength boosters running through Muscle-Bound's system to boost his physique to the level of exerting just enough force to make the Samaritan actually hurt. And ignored most of what the Samaritan could throw at him from within this hold (which he didn't know how to break given brute force wasn't working). A slug-out would just take too long and be an exercise in attrition.

Also that manic grin was really creepy.

"Some help w- ow - would be m-much appreci - ated~!" he grit out as he attempted to return punches to Muscle-Bound's head in the attempt to rattle the brute's skull and disorient him.

Then it started to rain. The Samaritan blinked as he turned his eyes skywards, before blinking as more dust and rubble started to fall and he realized it wasn't actually water falling from clouds above, but duracrete blocks falling. The majority of the rubble fell on Muscle-Bound's shoulders and head which caused the brute to loosen his grip just long enough for the Samaritan to slip free and get back in time for the brute to collapse to the ground as a figure appeared out of nowhere to kick the brute forward before disappearing, who slumped to the ground.

The Samaritan blinked in disbelief before turning to the sky, shouting "Thanks, I'd like to pass next week's Physics quiz too, if you don't mind!"

User avatar
Psistrike
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by Psistrike » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:31 pm

Shadowwalker

Barely standing after pulling off such a stunt, Marie felt like she on the verge of collapsing if she didn't get a moment to rest. "Is...is Dr. Wong going to be alright? I didn't make it worse, did I?" Looking to the goat-woman for answers, her own eyes barely open as she was in need of rest. She begins to wobble in place, as the very effort to remain standing at this point is taking all she has left.

Shock
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:27 pm
Location: Connecticut USA

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by Shock » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:54 am

Anna Segur: Codename Blitz
HP: 1
Condition: Good


Anna grunted in frustration when the vile blue man disappeared. She should have known he'd be able to see through her deception. Snarling, she turned and stalked to the edge of the roof and looked down to see what had become of the rest of the Chimaera attack. Seeing none of them still around, she hesitantly stepped over the side and floated down to join her allies. She had many questions but none could be answered here. "We can't stay here long. Either Chimaera or the police will be here soon."

Spectrum
Posts: 1497
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by Spectrum » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:52 pm

Five lets out a little grunt, "The Commander is stable. For now. More stable. We need to get him to a real doctor, or at least a good medbay." she looks up into Kate's eyes with her own alien gaze, "He's a good man." a careful smile to Marie, "How do you pull off an adhesive medstrip?"

Wolf lets out a little growl as he stares down at the Seer, coming to nearly stand on the man's face with his heavy boot, crushing the skull into the pavement, "I'm not much for taking prisoners. What about you boy. You got somewhere to keep it?"

Trinity starts to stir again at Anna's feet, low groans.

Sirens can be heard in the distance.

No motion from the surrounding buildings.... yet. Soon.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.

Shock
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:27 pm
Location: Connecticut USA

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by Shock » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:00 am

Anna Segur: Codename Blitz
HP: 1
Condition: Good


Anna glared at Trinity for a moment then gave her a sharp kick in the head. They were going to have enough trouble without premature pursuit. Then she left to join the others. "We can't stay here much longer."

CaptainChaos
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:36 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by CaptainChaos » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:31 am

Celestial hp: 2

Kate heard the sirens like the others. Being a teporter she could explain her presence here. The others would be more difficult, especially Anna.

"We need to leave soon. Can we trust any hospital? Do you know any doctors we can trust?"

kenmadragon
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by kenmadragon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:38 pm

The Samaritan
HP: 4 Cond: Needs to learn how to actually fight.

The Samaritan blinked as he glanced at the wolf-ish soldier. "What, you mean like a personal private prison to keep my enemies? No, of course not." He turned back to look at the quivering man with sensory powers and the brute that lay unconscious. "The brute's pretty much immune to pain, and with the drug cocktails running through his body, I doubt sedatives would help much. You would need to weld a shock collar onto his neck, or stick him in a super-reinforced cell. The Sensor-powered one... I'd just say lock-up."

The hero glanced over his shoulder, perking at the sound of the sirens. Estimating by how loud they were and the doppler effect, they were moving towards the warehouse pretty quickly. He looked towards where Uncle Bob had been, and grimaced at the sight of everyone standing around him. "The police can handle incarceration. You have a pen and paper? I'll leave the authorities a note. But we need to get the injured taken care of, and leave before we're asked too many awkward questions."

Spectrum
Posts: 1497
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by Spectrum » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:24 pm

The Wolf Soldier nods, shifting the tip of his rifle by just a little distance, pressing it down into the back of the Seer's neck.

It wouldn't take much, not much at all, to pull the trigger. But maybe someone fast enough could knock the rifle away, stop the pull.. do something to save the Seer's life.

If he's not worthless for so many reasons. Is death the easier choice?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.

kenmadragon
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by kenmadragon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:39 pm

The Samaritan
HP: 4

The Samaritan was confused, but it only lasted for an instant as his hand blurred and shifted the rifle away from the Seer's head. His palm grasped over the rifle's muzzle, ready to block any shot with his hand. "I'm sorry, but what do you think you're doing? He's down, and not going anywhere. Police'll take him easy." His eyes were firm, and tone chastising. "Now, I asked if you had something to write with and on, to leave a note for the authorities. Must I ask again?"

Spectrum
Posts: 1497
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by Spectrum » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:54 pm

A low growl, the flash of fang, the flaring of eyes. "This is the only justice for Chimera." the words obscured by thunder behind the growl.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.

Post Reply