(IC) Neotropolis: Science (Un)Fair

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Psistrike

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by Psistrike »

Shadowwalker
Marie's face backed up, her face a look of anguish at someone being scared by her appearance, let alone a goat-woman. "But I just wish to help my friend, Dr. Wong helped me after I became a victim of Chimaera, transformed into...this against my will. If it wasn't for him, Kate, Dexter, and the Samaritan, I might have fallen into their hands and been brainwashed. I can't just stand by and let him die if I can help in any way. Please, I'm not a threat. I'd...I'd go back to being a normal human if I could." Close to tears by the end, she can't stand the thought of losing Dr. Wong. He was special, not only to Kate, but to her as well.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Anna Segur: Codename Blitz
HP: 1
Condition: Dazed

Anna spun slowly, trying to keep both of Trinity in her sight. And where was the third? All the worry kept her from making a decisive move. All she could do is blast away and hope they would make a mistake before she did.
Will save: 1d20+5 17 Fail. No surprise there
Lightning blast attack: 1d20+8 17 If that's a hit, Toughness DC23
Last edited by Shock on Thu May 25, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Celestial HP: 2

Kate stared at the strange goat woman creature. She had no idea who or what these beings were but for now they seemed to be on their side.

"Shadowwalker is on our side and can be trusted. I accept responsibility for her actions here and now. If she betrays my trust, I will deal with her. Is that understood? Now if you can help Robert, please do. This might be hard for you to understand but even though I've only known him for a short period of time, I have strong feelings for him. If you have the ability to save his life, I beg you to please do so."
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

The Samaritan
HP: 4

The meat-head was down, but not out. The Samaritan couldn't rightly see what exactly the man was looking like, but it didn't seem like invulnerability was part of the package for this lunk-head. It usually wasn't as far as the Samaritan could tell.

The ability to bounce bullets off your pecs seemed to involve heavily reinforced armor made out of ultra-durable materials, or straight out force-fields acting as inertial dampeners before a sheet of armor for the bullet to finally deflect off of. The Samaritan felt a little unique in that regard - he had no need for armor.

The Muscle-Guy didn't have that. Nope. Super-strong, super-tough. It meant he could shrug off bullet-damage, but they'd still hurt. He would bleed, and hurt. Every little thing that hit him would still hurt. Simple blunt-force trauma wouldn't be enough to take this guy out, not if he was strong enough to rip duracrete out of the ground and throw it almost a block at that speed, and tough enough to not have his muscles snap and bones break from the effort.

So the Samaritan resolved to simply apply more blunt force trauma.

With a ferocious lunge, the Samaritan was upon the muscle-bound brute, breaking through the feeble guard the idiot attempted to put up, roaring, fist reared back as it shot down like a falling meteor impacting with explosive force right under the diaphragm. Air left the man in an instant as the lungs were forcibly contracted, damage rippling internally as the force was spread like a shockwave. The brute's super-durable body naturally attempted to diffuse the damage, lessen the impact. But the body can only do so much, even after all the mad-science that goes into creating meat-heads like this guy.

The force of the blow still travels through the body in mere instants, spreading from the point of impact and exploding through the affected area and it's neighbors, nerves flickering to life in a hasty attempt to tell the brain that it has suffered immesne damage. Pain blocks the mind as the internal components of the body shake and jostle out of place for a moment at the shock-wave that ran through them. The internals are out of alignment, breathing is difficult, abdominal muscles unresponsive from the shock, nerves alight with fight-or-flight reflexes kicking in to only intensify the sensation.

The might of the blow so strong that the duracrete under the brute cracked: spreading breaks of down from the new depression in the duracrete as a mini-crater was formed from the impact, even after diffusion through the super-tough body.
Hey, did you know that if your opponent is prone, you get a +5 to attack them with Close range attacks? :twisted:

Power Attack for 5, Alex! 1d20+6+5-5=24. The question is "The Toughness DC for this Damage Attack is _______."

"What is 30?"

"Correct!"
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Five

The goatwoman looks up to Kate, a slight nod, "I understand better than I should." a soft bleat as she starts to life one of the rocks off of Robert, really having to struggle, even though it isn't that heavy. "I need help with these.. I'm not strong enough. You'll need to be very careful though."

A frown? as she looks back down, "What I need to do may be... difficult to see.. but it will help him."

She continues to struggle with lifting off the rubble, straining with multiple arms.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Trinity

The hypnotic movements are starting to get with you, you know this trap too well..they'll force your defenses down and take cruel advantage. Is it better to strategically withdrawl so that they can't focus on you as much? Can you take them down quickly enough to break the link?

Then again, they might just need to move quickly enough to make themselves an convenient target.
Tricky, fearsome, but weak.. your blow striking one firmly... a shriek, not just from the one that you hit; but from the other one circling you as well, leaving them both twitching messes upon the ground. Nearly obscuring the sound of the one above, behind and to the left falling on top of the shipping container maze that surrounds you.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Brute
-1,dazed
The point blank from the discharging energy rifle directly to the forehead isn't enough to take the Brute out. It might just make him angry.

Grrrunt!

However, it is enough to leave a nice singed target mark for Samaritan's thunder smash..falling over like a falling tree trunk, what little brains in the skull rattling around..and falling over, dazed and crushing the Seer.

Muscles ripple and twist, veiny serpents under the skin dancing, growing, growing, growing. A growing grin, showing a mawful of perfect teeth, a toothpaste commercial smile.Except for a single gap as a mouthful of blood is spit to the side.

Grrrrrunt!

A meaty paw, big as a summer ham, reaches out, smashing towards Samaritan.
Attack: _: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18 DC 25 damage and Grab DC 25
Shock

Post by Shock »

Anna Segur: Codename Blitz
HP: 1
Condition: Good

Anna smiled grimly as she saw (and heard) the effects of her attack. If Trinity expected her to sit and be a target, she was mistaken. Leaving the two on her level, Anna flew up and spun to find the one that was trying to get the drop on her. Once spotted, she loosed a blast of nerve disrupting electricity.
Stun Blast: 1d20+8 23 Fort DC 18 for Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

The Samaritan
HP: 4

The Samaritan raised an eyebrow as the meat-head's muscles rippled and bulged, twisting out of shape and bursting through the remains of the brute's clothing. The muscle-bound man was already incredibly tall, but now he'd put on almost half a foot, and almost loomed over the Samaritan. The veins nearly bulging out of his skin could not have been normal or even remotely healthy. Oh, and he was doused up on what must have been super-adrenaline and a controlled muscle-enhancement and rapid growth ability. Sort of expected when you're attempting to create super-strength biologically.

Didn't make it any less unnerving. Especially that manic grin and the bit of blood...

"What on earth did they do to ma - !" Interrupted by the massive hand - now bigger than some dinner plates! - the Samaritan attempted to lean back but wasn't quite quick enough on the draw. Muscle-Bound's hand slammed into the Samaritan, shoving him back and inch, but otherwise unable to truly hurt the Samaritan - the man was invulnerable.

But that wasn't the point, as the Samaritan only realized the moment the fingers closed and the brute seized the Samaritan into a firm hold. Gritting his teeth, the Samaritan was annoyed at this turn events. After those muscle-enhancements and a bio-engineeried imitation of the famous riastrad of the Irish hero, Muscle-Bound was almost as strong as the Samaritan!

Growling, the Samaritan was wrenched into a hold, trapped against the wall of throbbing muscle as Muscle-Bound attempted to squeeze the life out of him - possibly to choke him out. Not that it would have worked, but it was somewhat doubtful the idiot would have even attempted a choke-hold anyways. He seemed a bit too unhinged to be patient - he hadn't even looked at his accomplice with the sensory powers after that guy got bowled over.

So the Samaritan twisted in place, wrenching an arm free to break the tightness of the hold before gripping the massive forearm and breaking twisting at the veins and nerves, breaking out. He wasn't very experienced with fighting, but he knew a bit about body-mechanics - wrestling operated on such principles.

Once free, he dropped into a steady stance, and pictured his fist flying out with a straight to Muscle-Bound's jaw. Then his fist flew, to make that a reality, while the other moved to cover up against further assault.
Toughness 28 Passed
Strength check 24 Failed by one degree. The Samaritan is Immobile and Vulnerable. Geez, Grab DC of 25... :shock:

My turn. First use my Move for an Escape Action - Escape 28.
That ought to break me out of Muscle-Bound's Grab, then I'm going to utilize Withstand Damage -/+2 (Defenses down to 4, Tough up to 12), and make a standard action punch, 1d20+6=21 for DC 25 Damage right to the kisser.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Celestial hp: 2

Kate nodded and got to work. She resisted the urge to rapidly throw the rocks off. She sensed that unless she was careful, she could easily dislodge the debris and cause further injury.

"Whatever needs to be done to save his life, I'll help you however I can."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Shadowwalker
Marie moves over and starts helping move the rubble off Dr. Wong, hoping they can save him. "Would having all the rubble suddenly removed from him at once, say by teleporting it all off, endanger Dr. Wong? If not I could speed this up a lot, with some effort." She had no idea what she was doing, she had some first aid training but with the rubble in the way couldn't tell how badly Dr. Wong was hurt.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Blitz

Trinity lies unconscious around you. Your foe vanquished. It would be safer, it would be smarter, to end the threat now and forever more. That's what you were taught. It's the right thing to do. But are you the same person you were a month ago? a week? How have your new acquaintances? Dare you call them friends? have changed you already? Does it make you weaker?

A hand folds across you, resting upon the opposite thigh, the other teases over your belly. A flickering tongue against your earlobe, a nibble. "Mmm, so delightful when you're like this Blitz. End them. End them now." The touch of a lover, clinging and possessive. "I'll even make it easier for you. Let's do this... together, shall we? Just like the old times?" Hot breath in your ear.
Trying to make this a bit molest'y. Feel free to make it more uncomfortable.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Five

Five looks thoughtfully towards Shadowalker, to Commander Wong and then back. "If you could do that perfectly, that could work. It would have to be incredibly precise." she looks down back over the body. "Right now, picking at things carefully to prevent the blood from moving too quickly and out of control."

While she's doing this, she has a pair of hands under her coat, tugging at something, a bit more at a time. A thin white rope?

"I'm not going to hurt him. This is used to bind battlefield wounds."

The 'rope' starts to get twisted around the exposed flesh, forming a tight casing.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Muscle-Bound

Samaritan struggles against the massive column of flesh. Ultrapowerful fingers dig into the flesh. Bruises are formed but.. but.. the grip is too strong.

The grin widens, stretching back towards the ears, crawling up into the throbbing veins of the eyes.
Still Samaritan is able to get in a good whack across the beast's jaw. The head is thrown back with a meaty smash, a spray of blood and teeth. But he turns back towards you, that same fool's grin.

The other meaty hamhock of a paw reaches up, taking a good handful of Samaritan's forehead and starts to twist, a grrrrrrunt full of meaning. Have you ever felt like a fieldmouse before?
Attack: _: 1D20+8-3 = [11]+8-3 = 16
Damage: DC 28
Last edited by Spectrum on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

The Big Bad IronAge Wolf

The heavily armed 'Wolf' steps up to the seer, stepping firmly upon a fragile hand with the crackle of bone. The rifle pressing down into the Seer's forehead. "Sit. Stay. Good mutie."

He rumbles out a chuckle to Samaritan, "You got this boy?"