On the road (D&D 5E IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 4615
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile
HP 25/25 | AC: 15 | Init: +5 (Advantage) | Perception: 15
Spell Slots: 3/3 | Arrows: 56
Inspiration: None



The elf says nothing, merely watching the two pirates and the guards carefully.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.
EpicEclipse
Posts: 2473
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by EpicEclipse »

(Medicine doesn't restore hit points, so won't restore the pirate to consciousness, but certainly stabilizes his injuries to not become worse)

The guard meeting up with Heart nods, looking at the array of dead and severely injured assailants, taking note of their garb, clearly intended for obfuscating their identities and sneaking about. He goes about arranging the bodies into something more resembling order for later and producing some manacles to restrain the injured, but lucky-to-be-alive pirate.

Back on the street, the pirate in custody retains his obstinance. "Take a long walk off a short plank, freak." He spits again. The guard shakes his head. "Stubborn lot these pirates....prob'ly related t' the crew causin' an uproar by the docks, y'think? the guard looks at Kriv and Salazar, seeing if they might agree with the assessment.
Flynnarrel
Posts: 4917
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Shucks.]

Salazar frowns that the magic failed to take hold but glad that they were taken at their word on the nature of the attacks.

"Is there still trouble by the docks?" he asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse
Posts: 2473
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by EpicEclipse »

The guard shrugs. "Got assigned t' see t' this area, keep the local riff-raff from usin' the pirate distraction fer their own lootin'. Weren't expecting the pirates themselves t' be usin' it. Anyhow, the guards at the docks'll handle it fine themselves. You all did good work. Let me get yer names so I can add 'em to my report of this."

After getting your names, the guard who says his name is Shales, says he has a friend who runs an Inn. Not the fanciest place in town, but if you tell the in keep Shales sent you, he'll feed you and make sure you've got beds for the night. Apparently, the innkeeper Arnold is not very good at three dragon ante, and this favor will clear the ledger that Arnold owes Shales. The Inn is called the Sea's Landing Inn. Shales then goes to help his partner in dealing with the pirates, dragging the cursing, captured pirate off with him.

Baern, you've been in town for the last two days, staying at the Sea's Landing, regaining guests or at least, anyone drunk enough to listen, about your escapades, fictious or otherwise and have earned enough coins and drinks to cover your stay. Just when you may have been thinking to move on to a new tavern for new sights and new wrenches, you see a group of familiar faces, though, oddly all at once, since you recall meeting them individually in the past.

For the rest of you, the self-proclaimed "bro-barian" sticks out, despite his stature, for his personality is far larger than a dwarven body can contain, so he is easily spotted on arriving at the Inn.
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 4615
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile
HP 25/25 | AC: 15 | Init: +5 (Advantage) | Perception: 15
Spell Slots: 3/3 | Arrows: 56
Inspiration: None



When prompted for a name, the elf obviously did not provide one. Though honestly he wasn't completely sure the guard even noticed him at all. He preffered it that way in the end, made things less complicated.

After finding their way to their new destination and pushing their way through he spotted the dwarf. His nose wrinkled at the sour memory of a dwarf who somehow managed to drink at a rate that made most of his mind seem positively sober. To avoid another unpleasant encounter that would doubtlessly involve numerous smells he'd rather not encounter, the elf started to leave only three seconds after entering.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.
Spectrum
Posts: 2808
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Spectrum »

Baern the Bro-Barian

The inn was a rockin and a rollin tonight, full into the old bar ditty about what exactly the farmer's daughter did with various things around the farm: the rakes, the bull, the radish. Oh Heavens, what she did with the radish.

Looking up towards the door, there is a huge grin, one going from 'ear to ear and around the other side!'

He opens his mouth in greetings when an unholy sound of thunder and stampeding minotaurs comes from deep deep within, not just a casual exhalation of air, but one that digs deep into the inner caverns of the stomach and carries throughout the room.

He starts to saunter on towards the door. Well, its a wobbling steps, whether with swagger or drunkness is a bit difficult to tell. Along the way, sweeping up half drunk steins along the way, much to the protesting of other patrons of the bar.

"My friends! My friends! It is glorious to see you this evening!"

and shoves out the drinks to his newly refound friends!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Flynnarrel
Posts: 4917
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar

With his fine robe stored so as not to be out of place at their new accommodations, Salazar entered the establishment with head held high.

He noted his elven companion's distress immediately. He could understand it. They'd already been traveling companions when they'd first encountered the dwarven brewmaster. Baern had been a handful even then. It was a... unique... experience trying to relate to the self-proclaimed... what was it? 'Beer-barian'? The dwarf had been particularly stymied since Exile was not the type to drink to excess and Salazar's reptilian physiology seemed to proclude getting drunk in a normal manner. Bearn had resolved to drink enough for the three of them and kept his word, though.

Salazar puts a hand out as the elf turns to retreat. "Perhaps you can get us a table in the corner, Exile? If none are available maybe just loom uncomfortably until someone moves. I'll go settle things with the innkeeper and get rooms." he says to his other companions. "The dwarf there is known to Exile and I and his tales are... entertaining, to be sure, if somewhat... fantastical."


***************** [had been writing the above when I noticed Spectrum had posted, will incorporate that.]

But then they were spotted.

Bearn came thundering over, proceeded by the gastrointestinal gasses of a being well into his cups.

He handed out drinks that, since there wasn't time to actually have ordered some, he must have grabbed from random patrons on the way to the door.

Salazar accepts the drink with a smile and thanks. Still smiling, he surreptitiously sets it on a nearby table.

"Too kind, too kind. But we've just been defending parts of the city from pirates. We'll need a moment to collect ourselves, Bearn. Maybe stow our packs."
"Something pithy this way comes."
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 4615
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile
HP 25/25 | AC: 15 | Init: +5 (Advantage) | Perception: 15
Spell Slots: 3/3 | Arrows: 56
Inspiration: None



He opens his mouth to respond to Salazar, at the worst possible moment. 'Too late. He thought to himself, as it all just wafted over him. There was no helping it, they were spotted, caught, no chance of escape anymore. How did h end up in these situations?

Though he tried to deny the cup, the elf was fairly sure the dwarf didn't notice as he just dropped it in front of him, splattering the floor and his boots with whatever was inside. Perhaps it would be best to sit down, preferably on the far side of the table.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.
McGuffin
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv
Hp: 23/30
1st level spell slots used: 2/3


"Baern, good to see you friend!" Kriv bellowed his greeting, clasping arms with the dwarf in an obviously well-practiced greetinf. He took the proferred stein, downing it in a single gulp without hesitation. Any patrons who might have considered asking after their drinks likely recoiled from the dragonborn who looked as big as their barbarian friend talked.

"Yes Salazar, settle things with the innkeep but hurry back afterwards, we must celebrate!" The paladin flashed his trademark teethy, lizard-like smile as his broad-shouldered frame cleared the way to a table that seemed suddenly empty of any previous inhabitants. "And Salazar, bring another round with you when you do, will you?"
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Spectrum
Posts: 2808
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Spectrum »

Baern

A hand as big as his heart comes out, clapping Kriv upon the shoulder with the weight of one of his cousin's hammers.

"Boots! You old son of a motherless bulette! How are you doing?"

A massive, ale scented embrace wraps around Kriv, a good slam upon the back.

"What are you doing with these.. these... ale wasters?" Indeed, one of the worst insults he can think of. Wasting the precious fluids of intoxication- how shameful!

"I heard that you were off dealing with arrrrrrrrh peerates?" An odd thing, listening to a scottish bad pirate accent.

"I'd offer a space in me own room, but well.." he runs a hand through his chaotic mass of hair, "Well, I've already been sharing my room with a whole mess of lovely bitches and I don't think they'd take too kindly to sharin'."

A wobble of his eyebrows, "But, get me drunk enough and I might make an exception Boots."
Yes, an added detail that the inn keeps some sort of dogs.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Flynnarrel
Posts: 4917
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar waves off the dwarf's 'insult' for the inconsequence that it is.

He'll go to arrange rooms and such with the innkeeper, Arnold, with whatever letter or token of assurance given by the guard, Shales. He'll get each their room if the inn (and Arnold's debt) can accommodate that. He'll arrange for more mild drinks for himself and Exile and stronger for the monk and dragonborn, and a plate of breads, meats, and cheeses. Their meal wasn't that long ago but it had been 'gourmet' and thus, less substantive than weary travelers would've liked. Plus all the fighting and reporting to the guards.

He'll also retrieve a napkin for Exile's boots.

He'll come back with drinks and food and arrange them on a nearby table, inviting his companions to sit.
"Something pithy this way comes."
McGuffin
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv
Hp: 23/30
1st level spell slots used: 2/3


Kriv thanked Salazar graciously when he returned with food and drink. "Doing better than those pirates, I can tell you that. We even got room and board out of it. Seems like at least some of the city guards appreciate the helping hand." The dragonborn helped himself to the ale and meat while gesturing for the dwarf to join them.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
User avatar
StarGuard
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 am
Location: Indiana

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by StarGuard »

Kaine
[Monk 3] AC: 16 HP: 21
Ki Points: 2 / Short Rest
Condition: Normal (-3 HP)

Kaine had slipped away as the town guard took the pirates away. He just couldn't get their assault on the town of of his head. There was something about it that didn't sit right with him. Since when do pirates wear capes and mask, eh? Treading lightly like a cat from one roof to the next, Kaine arrives atop the docks looking out at the harbor. Okay, so maybe this wasn't the best idea I ever had. The docks were full of ships. Ships of all kind. Trading ships, warships, all moving in and out of the harbor. I need a name

[2nd post coming for arriving at Sea's Landing]
EpicEclipse
Posts: 2473
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by EpicEclipse »

As Kaine gets to the docks to try and investigate, he finds he's too late. The pirates have already withdrawn, and attempting to speak to the guards yields little more than assurance that particular crew has been barred from the port.

He does get a little background on the matter that traditionally, pirates have been allowed to dock here provided they cause no problems in town. Pirates who break that rule find themselves and their crew barred and met with armed guards should they attempt to dock again, and with the level of guard presence in town, its easy to tell that a single pirate crew wouldn't be much competition. Adding to that, any firing on the town from the sea would result in much more direct crown action, so thus far it has not been something any pirate crew has wished to test.

Failing to find any further information, Kaine finds he has little reason not to return to the Inn to catch up with his allies.

Meanwhile, the innkeeper, Arnold, arches a brow when Shales is mentioned, but he eyes the little chit the guard provided and shrugs, all too happy to be cleared a debt. He calls into the kitchen to prepare some meat and stew for the group and brings out a tray of ales along with a pitcher so you can refill yourselves at least for a little while, and takes any specific orders the group has before leaving to your own devices.
Spectrum
Posts: 2808
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Spectrum »

Baern

Baern lets out a low burrp, right from the bowels of his well.. bowels.

"And zat when I tell 'em. Laddy! That ain't a keg you're grabbin'! But it'll..."

When a bar wench walks behind him, pauses a moment, flashes a saucy grin and walks on.

"Oi! End zhat ain't a keg you're grabbin either!"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Post Reply