Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Poodle

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC)

Post by Poodle »

Yup, that is good enough. Make a search check, you can take 10. @Iggy, can people actually touch you through your force field?
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

It blocks fast incoming things and energy, but since it doesn't give immunity to grapple I figure a slow hand can reach in. Like those shields in Dune.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Ok...
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

While you are trying to find the healing potions a wet and srinking Hollamby comes from up the tunnel. He pulls out a large knife and starts dissecting the dragon. He puts on a heavy gauntlet and cautiously retrieves his crossbow bolts. "heartseekers. I hate using them but seemed like the time. Course if I don't get them back the bean counters at the Bureau of magical armaments and artifacts will be on me like a ton of bricks."
Elizabeth you find some bottles that look (and smell) like the ones Iggy used on you before.
@Iggy, make a heal roll with whatever bonus your potion gives you.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy

The first trickles spill from unresponsive lips before the first reflexive swallow and the goblin's eyes shooting open.

"Mmph... you mixed both the strawberry-pepper AND the banana-engine grease flavors... It was... not that bad actually." He says licking his lips and drinking the rest of the concoction. He looks around and quickly assesses the situation.

"I can do the more from here if you need to do damage control or clean-up. You should get people to look for an artificial means that someone used to spread reptilian mating musk through the area." the goblin says, righting himself and patting his multitude of pockets for more healing draft. The color hadn't entirely returned to his cheeks but he was looking better.
Healing: 1d20+5 12. I believe that removes the Unconscious condition. He'll take another to remove the -1 Toughness.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:54 pm Iggy

The first trickles spill from unresponsive lips before the first reflexive swallow and the goblin's eyes shooting open.

"Mmph... you mixed both the strawberry-pepper AND the banana-engine grease flavors... It was... not that bad actually." He says licking his lips and drinking the rest of the concoction. He looks around and quickly assesses the situation.
"I find that hard to believe, but it's good to see you up."
Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:54 pm "I can do the more from here if you need to do damage control or clean-up. You should get people to look for an artificial means that someone used to spread reptilian mating musk through the area." the goblin says, righting himself and patting his multitude of pockets for more healing draft. The color hadn't entirely returned to his cheeks but he was looking better.
Healing: 1d20+5 12. I believe that removes the Unconscious condition. He'll take another to remove the -1 Toughness.
Elizabeth nods and changes her PURSE into a chemical scent finder.

[PURSE: Chemical Scent finder - Olfactory: extended 2, acute, analytical, tracking]

"Gentelmen. How about we find out who thought it was funny to rile up a dragon?"

[Investigation check to discover the origin of the chemical: 29]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Wow, great roll Elizabeth. Your PURSE quickly detects what appears several drums stashed further upstream. They are smoking. As you get closer you begin to feel a little hot and bothered. Forewarned is forearmed and you can easy filter out the effects.
They are probably too heavy to lift as they are the size of a seaman's chest. The drums are covered with writhing newrs, eels, frogs, grass snakes and even some rats.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Do these barrels appear to be dumped here or are they placed. Specifically, I want to know if this was an intentional attempt to rile up animals or if this seems to be mere negligence.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

They are not in a pisition that seems accidental. They are too heavy to float and tricky to see. You think they were put here.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Elizabeth set her PURSE to filter out the chemicals and left it while she quickly grabbed the fire extinguisher. The spray of water mist putting the flames out as best she could.

"Iggy. Perhaps you could try to track down where these barrels were brought down here from. I suspect someone is riling up these creatures. Theh had to bring these barrels in from somewhere."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy was about to respond that he's missed bloodhound training in the Royal Air Core but since he was nearly snapped in two on dragon's fangs he figured he should keep silent.

He circled the drums and parsed through the scents, trying to cut through the lust inducing chemicals at the scents of whoever may have put them here (including watever information he could get from those scents) then tracking them back to where they came from. It'd be like finding a slightly blunt needle in a handful of otherwise similar needles but he'd do his best.

investigate: 1d20+9 29. Crit!
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

You guys are getting some pretty amazing rolls...
Despite being in a sewer, despite getting your senses a little muddled by synthetic pheromones, despite just about being disembowelled, you can filter out a few unique scents-Tar, hemp, Okrah, animal skins mainly of the big cat family, with a hint of ivory.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

If the flames are out on the barrels, Elizabeth would like to assist Iggy in tracking down the perpetrators.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy shares what scents he's picked up and does his best to track them.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Ok.. Make a track roll using survival. I'll give you a +2 because of your last roll.