Conflux City Guardians [Council chambers -OOC]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: Conflux City Guardians [Council chambers -OOC]

Post by Camus »

Sorry, you were faster than me, I intend this to be the end of the adventure, you have secured the sphere and defeated the hand of Buddha. Alectos escape is a minor thing. I was planning on making an ending write up with a little bit more history later today or tomorrow
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

I was going to post later tonight, once I had a chance to get to the books to resolve all those attacks.

Owl's attack (31 !!) beats Alecto's dodge of 19 by 12 - 3 ranks of success. Not sure whether the Tou DC is 29 or 32.

The Toughness roll (-2 from exhaustion, -3 from bruising) _: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
. Fail by 12 (3 ranks, staggered again, and Alecto's out), or fail by 15 (4th degree - Alecto possibly Dying !)

Then Grit's grab connects (his 20 beats Alecto's 19 anyways); he catches the body. Whether she's unconscious or worse depends on if 3 ranks of success for a multiattack grants +2 or +5.

She can always escape (or be broken out of) prison later.
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Prof Weird wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:39 pm I was going to post later tonight, once I had a chance to get to the books to resolve all those attacks.

Owl's attack (31 !!) beats Alecto's dodge of 19 by 12 - 3 ranks of success. Not sure whether the Tou DC is 29 or 32.

The Toughness roll (-2 from exhaustion, -3 from bruising) _: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
. Fail by 12 (3 ranks, staggered again, and Alecto's out), or fail by 15 (4th degree - Alecto possibly Dying !)

Then Grit's grab connects (his 20 beats Alecto's 19 anyways); he catches the body. Whether she's unconscious or worse depends on if 3 ranks of success for a multiattack grants +2 or +5.

She can always escape (or be broken out of) prison later.
It'd be 32, but fail by 15 would be exactly 3 degrees (measuring failure is only slightly different from measuring degrees of success). Even if that was a fourth degree failure it'd still only be incapacitated. You'd only start dying if you failed a toughness save while already incapacitated.
Camus

Post by Camus »

First of all, apologize for the long delays and the rather abrupt ending/Scene editing. Think of it as a cut-scene on a videogame if you will, the recurring villain escapes while the really mean guy is captured. I purposefully cut your resources back to make the fights more challenging the resource management a part of the game, which is generally unaccounted for. I think it is a matter of play-styles, I like as a player to go through the tribulations and complications to emerge victorious, i feel it is much more rewarding than going to the pokecenter to load up your hp and remove the damage. Felt quite real and i liked it but I realize it might not have been very enjoyable for you, so sorry about that. This last scene is not so you have to keep pressing on the few resources you have for more action, it is intended as the end of that action packed end sequence.
I would really appreciate your input, and was thinking of making some writing as the actual closing of the game, with a little "into the future" comments for the characters and the setting.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

The resource management thing is understandable, just that the threat of pressing on "again" was pushing my willingness to go along with that (which was already strained as it was). It's... somewhat comforting that pressing on again wasn't the intention, but only somewhat...

Thing is, video-game cutscene type stuff rarely works for Role-playing games like this, it was one of the first things I learned the hard way when GM'ing. A greater degree of interactivity is afforded and expected in these RP'ing games than the programming and file size limitations video games face, and the only way you "might," emphasis "might," be able to pull that off in a RP is if you make it blatantly obvious that the PC's would be acting foolishly to try and intervene (Like maybe an enemy who's obviously too strong as an example) but even then you still generally allow the PC's the chance to regret intervening if they try.

Here... well the agency of the players feels subverted, Prof Weird posted Alecto's chance to escape, we posted our responses to it, then the Red Star comes out of nowhere to render both of those moot. It's only blunted by the fact that we still stopped the time-stopping doomsday device from going off and secured it.

That's my feedback anyways, I'm going to try and work on a post.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Well I guess it's my hard time learning that lesion as well. Never had got to finish a game before, so I'm deeply grateful of all of you who remained along the way. I see your perspective now, albeit too late. Perhaps the whole villains and heiress add playing characters didn't go out as I expected, and although it generated some interesting scenes and turning points, perhaps in the end it just wasn't worth it. Also the way I had set up the setting made including new players sort of a challenge, and we had so many drop outs. In the end it always comes to the GM in terms of how enjoyable a game it's, and it's not purely story telling, there is a bunch more things that need to be taken in consideration. Thanks for the input NG!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Thanks for the closing posts guys, appreciate and enjoyed them! Sorry again for the disappointing ending, and thanks again for sticking until the end.
I wish you good luck in your future game endeavours, and hope to play alongside you some time. Cheers!!
Juan
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ