[IC] Critical Mass

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Poodle

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by Poodle »

Flicker HP 1 condition normal.
Flicker ports back to the group, quickly absorbing the info on the map.
"back soon"
He quickly flickers to directly above the reactor chamber looking for guards or cameras on the roof. .
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Coriolis

Corey shared what he sensed of the movement vectors in the power plant. "... and so maybe they put hostages in the reactor room and the terrorists are leaving them in there. But that is a guess. What way in do we have? I can fly, quick, but I can't carry anyone - the forces I use are too violent. They'd hurt something not toughened. I could carry someone slow but then we could be seen."
"Something pithy this way comes."
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Harrier
Hero Points: 1 | Condition: Normal.

Despite his condition, the hyper-kinesthia itself the result of a hostage situation, Shepherd was still a human. An exceptionally talented one, but human none the less, and he couldn't match Flicker's teleportation or Coriolis' mobility. He could, however, apply a keen mind to the task at hand, he took radio, clipped it to his belt, plugged the ear bud into his left ear, and adjusted the unit itself, so it wouldn't emit any external ringer for an incoming message.

He examined the layout, much like a surgeon preparing to excise a tumour, the corridors, hallways, and access points similar to the veins and arteries of any number of patients upon whom he had operated. "My point of access is here," he pointed towards the Helipad on the blueprint, "in through the turbine room, then down by records, north to medical, followed by the scrub area, then west to the chamber, I will notify you when I am in position." He tossed Coriolis a radio, "Maybe grab one for Flicker when he shows up again so he can report his findings, and I will keep you updated." He paused, the teleporting heroes impulsive actions irking the masked hero somewhat, "We need to remember we're dealing with a hostage situation, there are civilians with guns pointed at them, and they are likely terrified. However, and I am no physicist, a stray bullet puts the entire city at risk, so let's avoid conflict, if we can, lets get eyes on the situation first and foremost."
OOC: Moving towards the Helipad area as quickly as my 0 Speed will take me! Always forget there is no Athletics to boost your speed, so let's do Double Moves to get there quickly, utilizing my wall-crawling and slow fall to bypass most obstacles, fences and what not. Keeping an eye out for cameras that the hostage takers may be using, and trying to stay out of their field of vision if at all possible.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Coriolis watched as one of the heroes popped away as another outlines his point of entrance then heads off. He turns to the rock lady "I guess we are convening on the inside without a plan. Not that those really count for much with so little information known. We can approach together at least. I saw your movement under the earth. Since Most of the movement is in the big chamber in the North how about we approach from that side in stealth? We'll stop when we see people and can assess the situation and I'll keep you appraised of other movements I sense. Sound good?"
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Geomancer
HP : 1
Condition : normal

Petra listened to Coriolis' idea.

"Sounds like a good idea." she replied, "I can become very strong, and can create a LOT of stonework. But without knowing what's going on inside the plant, neither is a good idea.

I notice the only thing the terrorists asked for was a quick way away from here. I wonder if there was something worth stealing inside ? Taking over a nuclear power plant should grant quite a bit of leverage to ask for just about anything."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

On the roof, Flicker finds quite a bit of machinery and duct work. Air conditioning, maybe? There don't seem to be any access doors on the roof, although some of the ducts obviously lead into the building. It looks like roof access may be through an access ladder on the loading dock side. Around where the map marks the reactor core, there's a distinct lack of anything going in, and the tower is cement bare other than some bright color and what looks like lights mounted to the top. As Flicker steps near the dome, the roof shivers underneath him, and a faint haze of dust puffs up from the surface and off the tower.

It was a short jog for Harrier to the Loading Dock area with the helipad. The adjacent parking lot is sparsely occupied, a handful of cars and a trio of panel vans emblazoned with the name of Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc, but it provides some cover. The helipad is occupied with what looks like a news chopper, the WFAN logo clear on the side, although it's not clear if there's anyone in it. Something about the scene catches Harrier's eye and a brief period of contemplation, his realizes what it is, his sharp eyes picking out that the rolling door on the loading dock is open by about a foot.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Are there any rolls or such needed for Geos and Cors approach/reconnaissance? And do we see the sniper that took a shot at Flicker? {assumption}]
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Flicker HP 1
When Flicker sees the roof is clear he stealthily puts his head through the roof using his powers to have a look in the room below.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Harrier

Shepherd moved low between the panel van's keeping an eye out for camera's that would feed his location to those currently in control of the power plant. From his recollection, there was a security room adjacent the docks, maybe they hadn't disabled internal feeds yet. He patted a thigh pouch, the weight of the ball bearings making him comfortable, he opened the pouch, took out a few, just in case.

"WFAN heli on the pad, loading dock rool door is ajar, going in," he whispered into the comm provided by the police at the gate, "will make my way to security room and check internal feeds." With that he sprinted forward, angling towards the south west corner, he folded his left leg under his right as he slid in, turned his head to the side and cleared the door, moving quickly, at a crouch to the near corner to his right. He paused a moment to make sure his sudden movement wasn't observed, rotating the small steel spheres in his palm as he did so.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Coriolis

Circling around to approach from the northern side of the building, Coriolis notes that the circular room labeled on the map as housing the reaction chamber goes up for almost three stories, rising out of the roof in a grey concrete tower. He also notes a lack of windows over much the building, particularly in that chamber. North of the chamber, the circular chamber is interrupted by more square grey windowless construction, but westward on the northern side, he notices what looks like a large silvery cylindrical tank, almost a story in height. The air is slightly hazy around the tank.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Geomancer

Petra easily sluices through the soil towards the plant, but becomes somewhat stymied when she approached the building itself. The concrete extends at least 5 feet under the surface of the earth, and is impenetrable to her power as was often the case with man-made materials. There's also a substantial array of pipes leading from the plant. A civil engineer would probably be able to pick them out, but as it was, all that she could tell was that they all seemed very solid, almost armored.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Harrier

As Harrier slides into the dock, he immediately notes two men in dark form-fitting low-impact body armor standing in doorways to the left and right of the room, which is probably 10 feet deep and 15 feet deep. Reacting with military precision, the one on the left begins to raise his rifle while the one on the right reaches for something on his vest...
OOC wrote:Please roll for initiative. Initiative:: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17 has the mercenaries relatively on the ball, although you have a 50% chance of beating them to the punch.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Flicker

The concrete of the tower is very thick, and very opaque to your senses as you begin to immerse yourself in it. You're pretty sure that you've traveled the entire height of your body, at least, when you come out to the other side, and your first impression is pain as you step into a blinding roil of steam, which immediately shoves you back into the concrete of the walls like a hurricane-force wind, ceasing as you slip under the surface.
OOC wrote:I'll admit that I debated a great deal on how to interpret this. As noted on the map, this level of the tower is the Reactor Pressure Vessel, where the water is brought to a pressure of 15 MPa and a temperature of 350°C. I'm going to treat that as a Damage 10 effect (DC 25 Toughness) for the sake of simplicity, with a DC 20 Reflex save for half damage (DC 20). If you take damage, you have a Concentration check against DC 20 to maintain your Permeate. If you fail that, you are ejected back to the roof for a DC 20 Toughness save where your Defensive Roll won't apply. If you make that save, you can choose to stay within the wall and there's no follow-up Toughness save.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

yoiks... Does evasion 2 help?
Toughness: 1d20+10 16
oh crap!
Reflex: 1d20+10 27

Concentration: 1d20 20

Toughness: 1d20+6 25
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Harrier

Dammit, dammit, dammit! The self recrimination rolled through his head, even as his body reacted at almost blinding speed. Continuing with the momentum of his slide, he tucked into a tight ball, and expanded launching him to his right, where he angled himself in a low crouch behind the Mercenary reaching for his vest. His hand whipped out the ball bearings in a deadly accurate arc, impacting with the force of a small calibre bullet.
OOC: Initiative Check: 23. Move 30' to best position a Wide Angle Fullisade [Area Shapable 5 5x5 squares; Targetted; Autofire], with a Power Attack 5. With a 25' length, should be able to hit both in the dimensions of the room, one attack roll applied against their defense separately. A 29! Base TOU DC of 15 + 5 [Effect] + 5 [Power Attack] = 25. As the effect is *also* autofire, the TOU DC is increased by 1 for every 2 the attack roll of 29 exceeds their Defense. Ouch!