G.A.M.E. Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: G.A.M.E. Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
HP: 1
LP: 1
CND: Normal
<=>

Hurt? Killed? His thoughts drifted to that family he saw enjoying what should've been a pleasant summer's day. There was a chance that none of them made it out unscathed, if at all. How could this have happened?

He looked over at the man who had woken up first, a little curious as to why he was so insistent on skipping medical protocol. They were just in the center of an accident, why would you skip making sure there wasn't something they missed? "Miss. Duby, how long will the examination take? Will we able to call out families, after it's finished?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

"The examination is really basic, just a few minutes. Nothing invasive and nothing you wouldn't get done during a routine clinic checkup. The main reason you need to stay is so doctor Hoff can speak to you. Whether I fake the exam or not isn't going to get her down here faster. As for your things... I don't really know. Your clothing and effects you had on you will be in hospital lock-up waiting for you, anything else that wasn't immediately on you, you'll have to ask the people who investigated the scene, but I wouldn't hold my breath. There was a lot of damaged property.." The nurse remains in between Rick and the door with the small, buttoned device in hand.

"Now can I please just do my job?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

Jack looks at the others before he inclines his head, still having yet to leave his hospital bed.They might have reason to object, but really, it would be best if they cooperate. He knows what it's like to deal with difficult clients, and he has little doubt that difficult patients are much the same. "Please do."
------------
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

Lindy considered her limited options. She could try to get out of this room and find a phone or she could wait another half hour or so and be released. The first option, according to the nurse, would result in being detained by the police. She would be allowed one phone call though. The second option would cause a delay in contacting Emily. At least option two didn't get her in jail and she didn't know what Canadian jails were like. Were they nice? Were they run down and rat infested? She doubted anyone in this room could answer that.

Then her brain registered that the nurse had said there were lots of people dead and injured. There might be reporters staked outside the hospital.

"Fine, just make it quick. No one is going to interview us or anything, except for routine questions from the doctor?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"We are just understandably out of touch and confused," Kara says. "Sir, sit back down so she can get finished. I'm sure the doctor doesn't want to walk in until he sees the nurse is finished."
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Lloyd Lee Tremblay

HP:1?
CND: Barely conscious

Lloyd is scared, but not for himself. Part of him wants to overreact, but the more cautious side of his nature tells him that might only prolong seeing Margie, Grant, and Luke.

"Ok, Ma'am, do whatcha gotta do! You'll get no resistance outta me."

Lloyd sits up in the hospital bed and readies himself for her examination.

Why in the world am I stuck in this strange room with all these other people? This doesn't look like any hospital room I've ever seen.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Rick Jones
CND: Fine

Ricks calm demeanor starts showing signs of cracks, but with the cops outside there wasn't much he could do. Being forced to do anything just wasn't his bag when he saw no point to it. If his testimony wasn't so valuable to the feds, they wouldn't have put up with him. "If you must do it and the alternative is arrest or worse, is there even a choice? I made the choices in life I did to avoid things like this.", says Rick. Its clear from his expression he is not happy, but as long as it is quick enough he allow it.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The nurse lets out a breath once Rick relents and returns to his bed then gets to work on the exams. True to her words, the exams are very basic and non-intrusive. Checking retinal response, pulse, blood pressure, heart and lung checks with a stethoscope. With each patient, she makes small notes on her checklist.

She's all business at this point, as much wanting to get it over with so she doesn't get chewed out for not doing it, as she wants to be on her way home, which she hopes she can do once the doctor arrived.

The exams all around takes a little over five minutes, at which point the nurse goes to the door and looks out for a moment before pulling the door open in time for a short-statured older caucasian woman to walk in. She looks easily in her early fifties, but spry as a woman half her age, but with a fairly severe look on her face that has clearly stared down many an individual larger than herself, belaying the large force of personality contained in the small package that is doctor Hoff.

"That will be all nurse. Go home, get some rest. If anyone tries to shanghai you into anything before you leave, tell them they can explain to me why you're not going home." The nurse looks relieved and makes her exit before the doctor can change her mind or find a use for her. The door clicks shut, leaving the five of you with the short doctor half glaring at you lot. Not because she seems agitated, but because half-glare seems to be her neutral expression.

"I have questions, you have questions. You answer my questions first, and I'll answer anything you want, that way you stay only as long as you want to after answering my questions."

Her questions are pretty simple, and not terribly extensive. Mainly, she asks for your recollections of events, interjecting with additional questions to clarify something, or ask about sensations or things you felt, heard, saw or sensed in any way at certain points of the story, your personal thoughts in the moment, but should you say you don't know, or can't remember, she doesn't press, simply gesturing that you carry on. She doesn't seem to really react much to whatever answers you give, but it's evident she's logging every word and how it is spoken away in what could only be a steel trap of a mind.

By the time you've each given your recollection, a knock on the door precedes a hospital staff member carting in five bins, each labeled and containing the personal effects of each patient. As promised by nurse Duby, everything you had on you at the time is present and accounted for, and in the case of clothing, laundered.
This is another instance where I would like a sort of two-part post from everyone. The first part will be the individual recollection they wish to give to Dr Hoff, assume she asks questions like if you saw anything strange at certain points (You didn't) or sensed anything in particular (Nothing, besides the immense pressure). Feel free to be extensive or brief here.

The second part is asking the questions you'd like her to answer once the group is done with their culminated exposition of the event, or if the character doesn't care about getting any questions answered and wants to leave. She'll give directions to where your characters can get changed and how to get to the exit, service desk or whatever. Don't move your post too far ahead to leaving the hospital itself though. (Not because you're going to be stopped, just because I don't want anyone to get too far ahead of the group)
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kara remembers noticing the panic before noticing the pressure. She vaguely recalls looking around for somewhere to go but how do you escape atmospheric pressure.

While others are answering the doctor, she goes through her personal effects and checks that everything is there. Her reporter instincts kick and she asks about how wide an area was affected and how much property damage was there? How many injured or killed? "Were there any others seemingly unharmed like the five of us?" She says, "I suppose no one knows what actually happened at this point since you had such a strange protocol for dealing with us."

Once the questions are done, she waits until everyone else exhausts their questions, she asks where to get changed and does so. In the changing area it occurs to her that some incomprehensible noises just below her hearing range have disappeared. She wonders if everyone heard that or if she should tell the doctor. Already feeling overly cooped up, she decides against it. She knows if she stays too long, someone will offer her hospital food. Ugh.

She also observes the other four people. (if the answer to other unharmed survivors is not many at all, she is very curious what makes the five of them special.) In the changing area, she tried to chat up whoever is nearby. (for example) "By the way, my name's Kara Karsten," she says extending her hand for a shake. "Maybe we should swap phone numbers so we can stay in touch. What happened was very weird and as the few survivors we might need to stick together."
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lydia Tommasi

The exam was as quick as it was pointless. She felt fine. Well, as fine as someone waking up from a five day coma. The Doctor asked them what they remembered. Truthfully, not much.

"I was in the park relaxing on a blanket getting some sun. It was a beautiful day for the festival. I remember listening to the music and thinking about checking out the food truck offerings when people started screaming. I felt air pressure, more like atmospheric pressure. I remembered seeing a show on the Weather Channel about tornadoes and what the warning signs were. I grabbed my stuff, not much really, a tote bag with some clothes and my wallet, and headed for shelter. The pressure got more intense. The next thing I know, I'm waking up in a hospital bed with strange men in the room."

"How many survivors are there? How many people died? Do the experts have any theories on what happened? Did my cellphone survive? I need to call Emily and tell her I'm okay."

After, Lindy sorts through her belongings, taking her t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops, and heads for the changing area. There was another woman there, one from the hospital room, a survivor like herself. The woman introduced herself as Kara Karsten. The woman looked a bit younger than herself, perhaps in her mid thirties or so. It was possible she was wrong. She was not very good at guessing ages.

"Um, hi. I'm Lindy. Lindy Tommasi. I'm from the states, just here on assignment. I'm a freelance photographer."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

He remains cooperative during the proceedings, not wanting to draw the clearly sleepless and frazzled nurse's ire. Nothing felt off physically, but he mentioned to her once that he had a lingering headache, though he got those frequently as it was. She seemed to sympathize with him, at least on that front. It finished without incident, and he turned to the doctor and listened, waiting for his chance to speak when it came to it.

"There wasn't much warning for me when it happened, or more accurately, I wasn't paying enough attention to the signs. There was a pressure building up in the back of my head, but I thought it was just the stress of a meeting I had an hour prior. Then I heard someone screaming, and... that was it. It was over for me quick enough I didn't even realize it happened until I woke up here." He exhaled a breath, bringing up a hand to rub his temple. There was a strange buzzing sensation in his head the longer he kept his eyes facing forward. Probably the intense hospital lighting, but it didn't exactly feel... Uncomfortable. Just noticeable. He considered informing her of it, but dismissed it away. He was just tired still was all.

Jack refrained from pressing for questions, the mere fact he was about to get his cellphone back would be enough for him. Calling Tabitha was his top priority, everything else was secondary.

Gathering up his bin the first thing he did was reach for the phone, only to frown when it merely flashed it's symbol to indicate critically low charge. Nothing for it then as he placed the device back inside and started moving toward the changing area addressed to him. Despite being completely absorbed in checking through his belongings even as he walked, he somehow managed to avoid bumping into anyone in the hallway, that peculiar buzzing always at the back of his mind as he did. Getting dressed was a simple affair, he didn't want to dawdle any longer then he needed too. Even if it was rude, he didn't offer the other men who might've accompanied him so much as a greeting. They probably had elsewhere they wanted to be as well.

On his way out, the first thing he did was stop by the closest service desk and asked them if there was a way to get his phone charged, but the orderly manning the desk shook his head in the negative. He did, however, point out there was a phone he could use if he needed to make an emergency call.

The man cringed slightly even as he picked it up to dial, as he knew that he had never managed to memorize his daughter's cell-phone number. Or that is, he hadn't ever managed to in the past. This time the moment his finger reached for the first button the entire sequence popped into mind. It started to ring.

"Come on, Tabby... Please pick up..."
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Rick Jones
CND: Fine

After the nurse finished her rounds, Rick couldn't help but feel like it was a waste of time. Clearly, everyone looked fine. "Those few minutes would have been much more fun with a shot or two on the house. If smokings your thing, could have had a cig.", remarks Rick. Being the room was too much like being in a prison cell and under the supervision of the government again. Clearly, he was under their supervision if he had to wait on the doctor.

Once the doctor arrives and starts her questions, he was done with the whole thing. "Its simple. I was at the festival to see a local band, felt some pressure or something, people were going apesh** crazy, I black out, and wake up here with cops outside.", says Rick bluntly in an exasperated tone as if listing the roster of the Yankees for the tenth time to some drunk guy at the bar who kept asking. Really wasn't much to tell as far as he saw it.

"My thoughts and feelings were what anyone who got knocked out by whatever it was and woke up here. You are the doctor, so know all that already. Like I said, I was there to see a local band I knew would be there. Why is none of your business.", retorts Rick when asked about any thoughts going through his head at the time of the event and what was special about the band. The questions weren't medical in nature. Even Rick could see that without any medical training, so he didn't feel compelled to answer her even when she asked in a different fashion. He knew how to ask the same question multiple ways. This doctor wasn't going to trip him up.

When the clothes were finally brought in, Rick got his stuff and checked to make sure everything was there as the others pursued their lines of questioning. He wasn't going to leave until he made sure there was no bugs or trackers. Checking took a two or three minutes. As a rat, he knew how the government did things and in his line of work listening in could get him sent to jail.

Once satisfied, Rick gathers his stuff and goes to get dressed. The sooner he was out of this place the better. On his way out of the hospital, he couldn't believe this Kara woman. "If you were a local and the type of person I associate, you would know who I was. Now, if you don't mind I have a bar to get back.", says Rick.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Hey, I know the look of someone who's made... questionable choices. That doesn't mean you can't associate with people of my 'type'. Regardless, something funny is going on here and I suspect we are the only four other people we can trust to be on our side," Kara says to the man. "But you go enjoy your bar. I can't force you to care about anyone but yourself."
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Lloyd Lee Tremblay

HP:1
CND: Normal?

Lloyd finds this whole hospital-experience strange, though he can’t quite articulate why. Nevertheless, he tries to remember the events of five days ago the best he could. He waits for a moment to speak up making sure not to interrupt anyone else. “I was standing on the lake shore. Then my ears began to pop just like when you go up into the mountains. The only difference was the discomfort I felt. The pressure was increasing not decreasing. When I looked at my two boys, who were playing down in the lake, I could see they were experiencing the same thing. Then…I can’t really remember much…It’s just all hazy after that.

After recollecting events as best as possible, the burly man begins climb out of bed and get dressed. He looks at the doctor with an expression of concern.

Doctor, My name is Lloyd Tremblay. Do you know if my wife and kids are ok? They were at the park with me.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

You all find your personal effects in fair condition, though any electronics have died in the past days. Even devices meant to last longer than five days are dead, which might be a bit more strange. There are guest phones that can be used at any guest services desk, and it is easy enough to flag hospital staff down for directions.
"How many survivors are there? How many people died? Do the experts have any theories on what happened? Did my cellphone survive? I need to call Emily and tell her I'm okay."
Doctor, My name is Lloyd Tremblay. Do you know if my wife and kids are ok? They were at the park with me.
Doctor Hoff considers the questions as each is asked, possibly deciding the best way to answer them. "Due to the nature of the event, it is difficult to ascertain an accurate figure of attendees. Our best estimate is that there were approximately three hundred and sixty-nine people in the radius of the event, including on the water and not at the park. You five are the only people that were found to be without injury, merely comatose. We are still working on an accurate death toll, as it is suspected many who were on the water may have drowned further out than the beach, but so far, the figure numbers about half of the all those in attendance, including event staff, acts, and visitors. Most died on-site, the rest en route or on the table. About half of the remainder were injured in some way. The rest are missing." The last is delivered quite flatly, making evident she has no information regarding the missing people. That is a police matter after all.

While speaking, she is looking at Lloyd's file. "Your children, mister Tremblay, are mostly fine. Damaged eardrums that should mend over time, one with a broken right arm, the other a sprained ankle and knee. Your wife was in critical care, but is expected to make a full recovery, though will have some rehabilitation to go through." She doesn't elaborate on the exact nature of the injuries to Lloyd's wife, but her tone suggests that while they had been initially life-threatening, she is in no danger now. The boys' injuries sound like nothing more than something that could have suffered playing football, if not general roughhousing. "Your wife is currently being cared for in the hospital, and we've made contact with relatives to temporarily look after the boys. Your wife's brother I believe." she writes down a small note, tears it off the page and hands it to Lloyd. It's probably his wife's room number.

Closing the folder, she looks back at whoever has remained this long. "As for what 'experts' on what happened, there are half a dozen theories. Freak weather pattern, terrorist attack with some new kind of weapon, the hand of God himself, aliens... take your pick. Scientifically, whatever the cause of the event itself was, the result was a roughly spherical area where air pressure appears to have rapidly gathered, then violently dispersed. Well... I say 'air pressure', but it appears to have affected the ground and water as well. If you chose to go see the park, you will see what I mean."

"Frankly, we are perplexed why the five of you have no injuries at all. I'd hoped you would wake and have some information, something you did or noticed that might explain why, and might lead to an explanation of what happened and who is responsible. The police may end up contacting you themselves with their own questions."