OOC Perchance to Dread (CtD20)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

OOC Perchance to Dread (CtD20)

Post by Spectrum »

I don't feel comfortable with picking up from a dead game thread. So here we go.

So far this week has been kicking my butt but I'll start thinking and hope to have something soon. I'll probably start out with a lot of slice of life stories.

You two know your characters. Anything that you want to play up?
Last edited by Spectrum on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Bladewind

Re: Untitled Changeling game

Post by Bladewind »

My biggest beef was setting the character sheet for the boards. I felt it was so... limiting and boring...
(still looking for a decent image, finding female iterations is easy...)

So... let's try this:

Jack Dawson/ Dorian

One of the things I found most sucessful in the Changeling games I ran back in the day, moreso than most other games, is focusing on the character's dreams... seems kinda obvious given the game's title, but what I mean is what do the characters hope to achieve with their lives and even moreso what are their core beliefs and how does that influence them.

The best example that come to mind is the mention I made of Loehann Silverback - a Troll Grump played by a friend. He once said "Loehann can smell Unseelie a mile away." Given that was actually an Ogre Birthright, I had him starting the descent into becoming a Thallain...and the best part was the player never knew...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I haven't forgotten about this thread.

Right now, I'm working on a list of interesting NPCs and open to suggestions.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

nowhereman2 wrote:Human Name: Everett Reed
Fae Name: Socket

Player: nowhereman2
Email:
Court: Seelie
Legacies: Crafter/Riddler
Seeming: Wilder
Kith: Nocker
House: Unaffiliated
Liege Lord: (if any; required if you have a house)
Romantic Legacies: (Not required)
Political Tendencies: (Not required)
Apparent Age: late teens
Actual Age: 16
Concept:

Attributes
--Physicals: (3)
Strength: 1
Dexterity: 3
Stamina: 2

--Socials: (5)
Charisma: 2
Manipulation: 4 (Well reasoned)
Appearance: 2

--Mentals: (7)
Perception: 2
Intelligence: 5 (Motor Expertise)
Wits: 3

Abilities
--Talents: (5)
Alertness:
Athletics:
Brawl:
Empathy:
Expression: 2
Intimidation:
Kenning:
Leadership:
Streetwise:
Subterfuge: 3

--Skills: (9+1)
Animal Ken:
Crafts: 5 (Machinery) (+2 fp)
Drive: 3
Etiquette:
Firearms:
Larceny:
Melee:
Performance: 2 (Story-telling)
Stealth:
Survival:

--Knowledges: (13+2)
Academics: 2
Computer: 3
Enigmas:
Gremayre:
Investigation: 2 (+2 fp)
Law:
Medicine: 2
Occult:
Politics:
Science: 4 (experiments) (+2 fp)
Technology: 5 (jury-rigging)

--Other Abilities:

--Backgrounds:
Chimeria 3- Tools
Mentor 2- Uncle Will (Spark)
--Arts: (3)
Autumn:
Chicanery:
Chronos:
Contract:
Dragon’s Ire:
Infusion:
Legerdemain:
Metamorphosis:
Naming:
Oneiromancy: 3
Primal:
Pyretics:
Skycraft:
Soothsay:
Sovereign:
Spring:
Summer:
Wayfare:
Winter:

Realm Affinity:
--Realms:
Actor: 3
Fae:
Nature:
Prop*: 3 (2 fp)
Scene:
Time:

Glamour: 5 (3 fp)
Willpower: 7 (3 fp)
Banality: 3

Merits (7): Wheelman, Concentration, Mechanical Aptitude, Master Craftsman, Specific Interests (Engines and Cars)

Languages: English

Flaws (-7): Curiosity, Changeling's Eyes, impatient, soft-hearted, addiction (once per week, he must enter someone's dreams)
Birthrights/Frailties:
Make it work
Fix-it
Perfect is enemy of Done

Ravaging/Musing Threshold: Foster-dreams
Antithesis: Doing anything simply or without thought

House Boon/Ban: (not all fae have a House)

Freebie Expenditures: = 0/15

Description: (Both Human and Fae)
Human: Everett is about 5' 8" and has a lanky build. His eyes are a clear amber color that almost seems to be backlit. His hair is sandy brown and cut short (almost cropped). He wears simple clothing, t-shirts and jeans, normally. However, when he works, he is dressed in denim overalls and wears a tool belt left to him by his, now dead, mother.

Fae: Socket has a white complexion, with the exact same eye color. His face is decorated with engine grease in the shape of motors, gears, and bolts. His hair is longer and would be white, if not for the grease that streaked through it. He has it combed back, but it is still ostentatious in height. His overalls appear to be made of a delicate cloth, yet strong and unworn. Despite its apparent quality, the overalls are simple.

Character Info:
Q: When and where was your character born? Las Vegas, NV (2003)

Q: Did your character know about Changeling society growing up, and that he or she might be one?
No. He may have been told earlier, however his mother had the fay lineage and she died when Everett was eight. He wasn't told until he underwent chrysalis that he was a nocker. Even then, only his uncle told him.

Q: When and how did your character have their Chrysalis?
It began when he was reading the works of Tolkien. He began to see small flashes of things like butterflies and grassy plains that are definitely not native to the area. He was amazed, but tried his best to keep it from his father.

Q: What is your character's education, both in the human world and Changeling society?
He is a high school student, currently in AP courses. He has been largely self-taught in the realm of mechanics and science, beyond what is covered in school. His changeling education has only just begun. He has been taught what he can by his uncle Will, however he still has much to learn.

Q: Who found and introduced your character to Changeling society?
Uncle Will, his mentor

Q: What are your character's major goals?
To not follow in his father's footsteps. He is good at selling cars, but he really doesn't want that to be his life. Until Chrysalis, his way of avoiding that was by studying mechanics and working on cars. Now that he has discovered his true self, he seeks to learn everything about dreaming. In dreams, he is free.

Q: What are your character's major loves and fears?
Loves: Tinkering, taking things apart, making them better than before
Hates: Tedium, simple solutions when a cool solution was possible

Q: Who is your character connected with (loved ones, enemies, family, etc.)
Father, Uncle Will (Spark)

Q: If part of a House but not a Sidhe, how and why did you come to join?

Q: If you have a title, how did you come by it? Was it hereditary, earned, or bestowed?

Q: Do you remember any of your past lives? For that matter, do you HAVE any past lives? Are you Arcadian (returned) or Autumn (on the Changeling Way)?
No

Character Bio: Everett's mother died when he was 8 years old (car accident). He was raised by his father, Travis, a used car salesman of the shadier type. While his mother had the mechanical prowess, his father only had the gift of gab. Travis was able to look at a person and know exactly what they wanted and how to make them think that was what they were getting. Despite his, fluid, definition of the truth, he was a practical man. When he saw his son reading fantasy novels, Travis said "We are salesmen. We are supposed to tell them garbage, not believe in it." Around this time, he began to undergo chrysalis.

Everett tried to broach the subject of weird sights with his father, but it seemed clear that his only response would be to leave that childish stuff behind. Everett was ready to talk to a counselor when Uncle Will showed up. Despite having not seen him in years, Uncle Will seemed to take a quick interest in Everett, eventually telling him about what was happening to him. Uncle Will took him under his tutelage, to the chagrin of his father Travis. Will (fae name Spark) began to show will how to enter the dreams of people, Uncle Will's specialty. The dream world was fantastic. Suddenly his favorite books were becoming real. Everett had to know more. Of course, being a nocker, He began to excel even more so at his mechanical works. His world was open, and fantastic, and complete.

Notes: This is my first attempt at a changeling... be gentle :)
Spectrum wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:36 am I don't feel comfortable with picking up from a dead game thread. So here we go.

So far this week has been kicking my butt but I'll start thinking and hope to have something soon. I'll probably start out with a lot of slice of life stories.

You two know your characters. Anything that you want to play up?
My character is currently dealing with the new stresses of being a changeling. If I were to play up anything, it would be the pulls between his father and his uncle. The uncle wants him to join House Dougal and throw himself whole-heartedly into the changeling world, while his father wants him to give up childish nonsense and help him run the used car business.

Alternatively, Socket is addicted to dreaming. In the previous story, I just intended it to be an occasional complication that my character decides to just venture in a dream when it might not suit the team. Nothing says that cannot be worsened.
Last edited by nowhereman2 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

So I'm thinking that your Circle contains:

You two
Maria- a family legacy semiprofessional wrestler with dreams of stardom
Lady Anastasia- Autumn sidhe, painfully beautiful face and voice, had to become a recluse since she has a bad habit of causing celebrity riots

I'm thinking that all four of you live together. Each of you have your own space in the house. What does it look like?

Countyfingers- boggan, grump, retired accountant, does minor miracles with knitting. Lives with his son, daughter in law (suspected Autumn person) and his granddaughter
Miss Molly- very young childling, pooka puppy, belongs to a different circle but they're best buddies (for now)
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Well, I liked/was terrified by Maria. I am down with her presence. As for my space, Socket would probably have a bedroom with various diagrams of engines, machines, technical specs for engines, etc... If we have access to a garage, I am sure Socket would have taken control of at least half of it for his fabrication and repair work. This would likely include car jacks, stands, and repair tools. It would be the next best thing to an actual garage.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Intersesting.

I never posted it, but Dorian's background is essentially a runaway. He lives on the streets. He was taken in by a few fae trying to help him out, but he tends to drain the balefire...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

A starting post is up.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Nice title.

Posted, not entirely sure I like it... and interaction with a Selkie I suppose is a great way to get my feet wet with Changeling again...
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Thanks for the patience while I get used to running a game on here again.
Bladewind

Re: OOC Perchance to Dread (CtD20)

Post by Bladewind »

No prob ! slow and steady winds the race !
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Bladewind, you still with us?

Did the curse of the two weeks hit this game twice?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I am still here.

RL decided to throw me another curverball - although this one is pleasant. Got a promotion and with it an extra week's vacation which I need to take now... been dealing with the ramifications of all that...
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Congratulations!

So, being on vacation means that you have tons of time to post. Right?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Well.... gonna depend on hotel wi-fi...