Heroes in the City of Tomorrow (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: Heroes in the City of Tomorrow (IC)

Post by Ken »

Speeding Bullet Initiative: 1D20+0 = [16]+0 = 16

Speeding Bullet is momentarily torn between saving the falling primate (darned convergent evolution between Krypton and Earth) or trying to stop the flying craft.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Rooftop:
The Hovercraft takes off at subsonic speeds while Grease Monkey starts to plummet towards the concrete below.

Stairwell:
From below a figure becomes visible clad in red and black with hands arcing with electricity. The Electrocutioner!
"Finish them off Brutale, before more come!" he yells. An answer comes from above in the for of a hailstorm of deadly knives hurled from a figure clad in patchwork leather, lurking in the shadows above. Brutale!
However both heroes proved nimble and dodged the lethal barrage.

OOC: Brutale misses both with a Multiattack vs two opponents.
Initiative Count
Hovercraft 24
Brutale 20
Thunderbolt 18
Chill 18
Speeding Bullet 16
Ninkyo 13
Electrocutioner 10
Grease Monkey 9

Thunderbolt is up
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Thunderbolt
Hero Points: None.
Conditions: Bruised.

Birch saw his opponent at the bottom of the stairwell, electricity arcing from his black clad fists, he was unsure if he would be able to throw it, or would just electrify the metallic stairwell again. He flipped over the railing, monofilament jump line trailing behind him, and tucked into a dive. He fired a rapid burst of energy from his bow, filling the confined area with the smell of ozone, as landed he rolled through, absorbing the impact of the fall, and ended in a low crouch on the concrete landing now on the same level as the Electrocutioner.

"Electrocutioner? It's such a mouthful, how 'bout I just call you 'cutey?"
OOC: Yup, not the greatest showing, Attack Check vs Electro Cutioner w/Multi-Phasic Plasma (Multi-Attack): 1D20+14 = [2]+14 = 16, therefore, I am going to use a Hero Point to re-roll the attack. Re-Roll Attack Check vs Electro Cutioner w/Multi-Phasic Plasma (Multi-Attack): 1D20+14 = [11]+14 = 25 That will force a DC 21 Toughness Check, if his Dodge is 9 or lower that is 2 Degrees of Success and the Toughness Check will be DC 23. Using my Grapnel, anchoring to the ceiling of the stairwell, and descending down, Move By action allowing me to complete the movement after the attack.
Cu Roi

Post by Cu Roi »

Ninkyo
Hero Points: : 1
Conditions: Bruised and Dazed

Ninkyo ducks underneath one of the incoming blades and jumps off to the side. "How did the Electrocutioner know I was here? ...I suppose it doesn't matter, now that they know though. "

Ninkyo drops his invisibility, the four golden arms of the Blooming Lotus manifesting behind him as he looks at the Electrocutioner before glancing at Thunderbolt.

"It's his fight, so I won't get involved. I'll just focus on this punk instead then...

He turns to Brutale and launches the four floating arms at the knife-wielding freak, seeking to subdue the villain before he can interfere with Brutale and Thunderbolt's fight.

OOC: After this, I believe Ninkyo now has no Hero Points.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Electrocutioner takes the energy arrow in the shoulder with a hiss of pain. But otherwise the villain remains on his feet, glaring at the hero as he lands before him. "Call me what you will...I will call you dead!"

ooc
Electrocutioner takes a bruise.

I will resolve Ninkyo's action on his Initiative count.
Chill is next.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Chill
HP: 1 LP: 1
Conditions: Fine

Seeing Grease Monkey falling towards the concrete, Chill did the only thing she could think of. She kept blasting out snow to create a large pile below him to try and cushion the impact. "Hope this works."

OOC: As Hero4hire said in OOC, using Create to make a lot of snow for Grease Monkey to land in safely.
Last edited by Psistrike on Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Chill provides an abundance of soft snow to cushion Grease Monkey's fall.

ooc
As said in ooc thread keep your HP and Extra effort. Create is sufficient.

Speeding Bullet is up.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Speeding Bullet
HP: 2 Condition : normal

Speeding Bullet decided that between the snow the blonde girl was creating, and the primate's warsuit, he didn't need to worry there.

But the archer and the guy in the hood were facing the guy with electric hands and the one in the S&M gear (named for a marked off quanity of alcoholic beverages? "Brew Tally what?") [ooc: x-ray vision and super hearing]

Speeding Bullet flew down the stairs, hoping his small size would keep him unnoticed.

Stealth Check : 144680: 1D20+20 = [4]+20 = 24

[ooc: not sure how many actions this will take.]
Last edited by Ken on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

The Tiny Titan with his kryptonian senses not only detected the battle commencing in the stairwell, but more intruders were on lower levels taking out guards by the handful. Two break off and enter some sort of high level of electromagnetic radiation field which disrupts vision. Leaving three polishing off security forces.

OOC:
You have enough Flight to get there or stop at the Stairwell fight. Up to you.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Speeding Bullet
HP: 2; Condition: Normal

Realising there was more going on further below, Speeding Bullet opted to zip past the 4 fighting metahumans, and head down to where the normal human security forces were being overwhelmed.

Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Like his nickname the diminuitive Kryptonian zips past the four way fight in the stairwell at bullet speed, and ends up in a large hallway.
The area is littered with fallen security personal armed with hi-tech gear. Thier assailants appear to be each wearing cowboy outfits?
The first is a outrageously muscular man wielding two nunchukas.

The next two appear to be exact copies of eachother carrying revolvers.

Neither the brawny man nor the gunslinging duo seem to notice Bullet's arrival....yet!

ooc
I will be cycling the new baddies into next round's initiative .
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Ninkyo summoned the power of his Blossom tattoo. Glowing "petals" of ki energy latched onto the blade carrying baddie. Brutale grunts in pain as he wrenches himself free from the mystical appendages amd dances a few steps back. ¡Demonio! Some kind of Meta? Let us see if you bleed freak! he yells to Ninkyo.

Fast Grab hits with an extra +2 for multiattack. Brutale takes a bruise but resists Grab.

Electrocutioner is up next. I will try to get that posted in a bit.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

With a reckless abandon that suprises the hero, Electrocutioner leaps at Thunderbolt. His electrified metal gauntlets outstretched before him. You like jokes hero? This one is a KILLER! Fingertips touch Thunderbolt's chest, just over his heart, and send thousands of volts of electricity though the hero.
ooc
Electrocutioner all out attacks and hits with a 28
Thunderbolt needs a Toughness save vs DC 26
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Thunderbolt
Hero Points: None.
Conditions: Bruised x2, Dazed.

OOC: Yeouch! Note to Self Defense shifted characters need to purchase ranks in Luck! Toughness check (-1 due to Bruise) vs DC 26 : 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17. Not as bad as it could have been, an additional Bruise and Dazed. At work, will post narrative this evening.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

ooc
Grease Monkey is up.