Heroes in the City of Tomorrow (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Cu Roi

Re: Heroes in the City of Tomorrow (IC)

Post by Cu Roi »

Ninkyo
Conditions; 2 Bruises, Dazed, Impaired
+13 for toughness, -2 for bruises, against DC 24: 1D20+11 = [6]+11 = 17

The knife sinks into NInkyo's shoulder just before the Acala tattoo takes full effect. Hissing in pain, he pulls out the knife and activates the Yin Yang Tattoo before turning to Thunderbolt.

Healing Roll, -2 from Impaired, +7 from effect rank. This is how it works right?: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7

"Thank you for your aid archer, for I do not believe I could have won that fight on my own. My apologies for not introducing myself earlier, but my name is Ninkyo." Ninkyo says before extending his glowing hands towards Thunderbolt. "I can heal your injuries, if you permit me to touch you."

OOC: Ninkyo can't seem to catch a break. I believe that puts him at a total of 3 bruises, correct?

EDIT: Ninkyo apparently should take Unlucky as a Complication. Going to trade off a temporary Complication for a Hero Point so that Ninkyo can try again.

EDIT the 2nd: Healing roll, trade off HP for Complication: 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9

The dice gods have cursed me.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Stairwell

Ninkyo focuses his Ki and summons the power of his Yin-Yang tattoo. Energy flows and Thunderbolt immediately begins to feel better. However the effort after his own blood loss proves almost too much and the Ninja collapses to the floor.

OOC:
Using Improved roll you got a 19 so that is 2 successes. T-Bolt heals 2 bruises.

Ninkyo opted for a complication for an HP. He is currently Fatigued.

However he has not been Impaired for awhile. :)

Endeth round.

Initiative summary and start new round probably Monday

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

NEW ROUND. Please yell if I got something wrong.
Initiative Count
Chill 24
Grease Monkey 24 Bruised 1
Hovercraft 24
Brutale 20 Bruise 2, Unconscious
Thunderbolt 18 Uninjured (due to heal)
Speeding Bullet 16, Bruised 2, Dazed
Stallion 15
Trigger Twin One 14 Unconscious
Trigger Twin Two 14
Ninkyo 13 Bruise 3, Fatigued
Electrocutioner 10 Unconscious

Chill is up
Last edited by Hero4hire on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Chill
Getting annoyed, the hovercraft hadn't come back for another attack, the big guy must be giving them too much trouble right now. "Okay then, need to prevent those inside from escaping and the hovercraft from being able to pick them up easily. Time to make a winter wonderland." Suddenly the temperature dropped as an intense blizzard of blinding snow spread out around her, turning the local area into whiteout conditions.

OOC: Using her Blizzard AE: Environment 6 [900 ft. radius], Extreme cold and -5 visibility, Selective.
Chogokin

Post by Chogokin »

Grease Monkey
HP: 1
Condition: Bruised

Meanwhile, Grease Monkey was feeling, to put it mildly, perturbed. "Alright, I tried to be a nice gorilla. Now it's time to be a bad gorilla..." So saying, Grease Monkey emits a primal yell and starts beating and tearing at the hover craft's hull!

OOC: Grease Monkey will simply attempt to rip the hover craft open with brute strength. I believe that is DC 27.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Rooftop

With concentration the moisture in the air begins to freeze around Chill and swirl about. The area quickly expands and soon a full scale blizzard grips the blocks around STAR Labs.

Somewhere over Metropolis

Servos strain to aid simian strength as Grease Monkey sinks his fingers into the hull and with a final feral howl, tears the top of the hull clear off of the craft, revealing the Pilot inside.
Despite his speech being distorted by his stylized devil helmet, the fear in his voice is evident.
"F#@€ this! I aint gettin' paid enough for this $#*t!" He smacks a button and the man, seat and all, jettisons high into the night sky. Leaving Grease Monkey alone on a half wrecked hovercraft careening out of control at hundreds of mph.

ooc

Hovercraft fails toughness save miserably.
Thrilldevil uses his action to activate the ejector seat.

Thunderbolt is next.
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Thunderbolt
Hero Points: None.
Conditions: None.

Birch felt a strange sensation, like the pins and needles one feels when the circulation is restored to a limb that has fallen asleep. Except he felt that across his entire body. He raised an eyebrow and looked back to the shadow garbed man, "Pretty useful," he commented absently as he ran his hand over his heart where Electrocutioner had attempted to stop his heart, "media's taken to calling me Thunderbolt. On account of the bow," He held up his plasma bow, with it's thrumming energy field.

"You feelin' up to assisting the little guy? He went zooming past me at the bottom of the stairwell, he might need a hand."
OOC: Using my Move action to proceed to the door at the bottom of the stairwell, and I ready my Standard Action to take a Full Defend Action if I am attacked before my next initiative.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Speeding Bullet
Hero Points: 2.
Conditions: Dazed, Bruised 2.

Narg-Ul not wanting to endure another hail of bullets, dived into the clothing of the unconcious Tad, losing himself in the folds.

[Using his one standard action as a move action. If Tad landed roughly face down, it'll be inside the front of Tad's shirt.]
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Kilotrax Level

Both Stallion and Trigger Tom slowly circle Tad's slumped form. "What do you think that is? Some kinda Robot Security Doll?" Stallion asks. "Got me! But I pegged it at least one time...Hurt it fer sho! If I kin hurt it I can kill the sumbitch."

ooc

Both Baddies use the Defense action.

Ninkyo is up.
Cu Roi

Post by Cu Roi »

ZenGypsy wrote:Thunderbolt
Hero Points: None.
Conditions: None.

Birch felt a strange sensation, like the pins and needles one feels when the circulation is restored to a limb that has fallen asleep. Except he felt that across his entire body. He raised an eyebrow and looked back to the shadow garbed man, "Pretty useful," he commented absently as he ran his hand over his heart where Electrocutioner had attempted to stop his heart, "media's taken to calling me Thunderbolt. On account of the bow," He held up his plasma bow, with it's thrumming energy field.

"You feelin' up to assisting the little guy? He went zooming past me at the bottom of the stairwell, he might need a hand."
OOC: Using my Move action to proceed to the door at the bottom of the stairwell, and I ready my Standard Action to take a Full Defend Action if I am attacked before my next initiative.
Ninkyo
Hero Points: 0
Conditions: Bruisedx2, Fatigued, Dazed
Ninkyo nods before wincing in pain as he leans against the wall. "You go on ahead, I will follow after I heal myself. Otherwise I fear I will hold you back."

OOC: Taking a standard action to heal Ninkyo.
Healing roll for Ninkyo: 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Ninkyo focuses and the Yin Yang Tattoo helps him balance his Ki. The bleeding from his wounds staunches.
Ninkyo heals a Bruise.
NEW ROUND.
Initiative Count
Chill 24
Grease Monkey 24 Bruised 1
Thrilldevil 24
Brutale 20 Bruise 2, Unconscious
Thunderbolt 18
Speeding Bullet 16, Bruised 2
Stallion 15
Trigger Twin One 14 Unconscious
Trigger Twin Two 14
Ninkyo 13 Bruise 2, Fatigued
Electrocutioner 10 Unconscious

Chill is up
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Chill
HP: 1 LP: 1
Conditions: Fine

Seeing the blizzard spread out far wider than she wished, Chill realized she needed to gain better control before using this in a city area again. "Okay, so blizzard is bad idea to unleash like this without precise control over the area. Let us switch to something else, like creating a wall of ice around the building. Hope it can at least slow down the escape of those inside if the others can't deal with them or they just run for it." Shutting down the blizzard, she began to create a thick wall of ice 10' high, 1' thick, and 100' in length, trying to curve it around the building to cover as much area as possible.

OOC: Using Create to make a wall of ice around as much of the building's first floor as possible.
Chogokin

Post by Chogokin »

Grease Monkey
HP: 1
Condition: Bruised

Grease Monkey pauses a moment, scratching his chin reflectively and taking in the broken hover tank, the city far below, and the colorfully-clad pilot in his ejection seat above.

"Hmm... Perhaps I should have considered my course of action a bit more carefully..."

That said, he will attempt to enter the hover tank and take the controls.

OOC: Grease Monkey can probably fly this thing, between his general knowledge of technology and his minor investment in Vehicle skill, but he's not the greatest pilot in the world and he doesn't have a whole lot of time to familiarize himself with the controls. Remembering that Chill created a snow bank earlier by the base of the tower, he will attempt to guide the hover tank into a 'controlled crash' into the snow, as perhaps the best way of minimizing damage to the city, or himself!

Vehicle Skill roll for handling crashing hover tank: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Well, that's a terrible result, let's spend that Hero Point!

Vehicle Skill roll for handling crashing hover tank, second try!: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15

Okay, slightly less awful, we'll take it!

That's it for Grease Monkey, I believe Thrilldevil is next