Fox in the Hole (One Shot) OOC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) OOC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 »

Actually, I was dealing with earthquakes, power outages and classwork. With all that and the fourth of July, I kinda spaced this. I'm back now. Sorry for the inconvenience :)
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Malsyn, I would not think we had wallets with money in them coming from jail. But not my call.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I didn't come from jail actually. They captured me and brought me straight to the warehouse.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:00 pm I didn't come from jail actually. They captured me and brought me straight to the warehouse.
I've decided that you would likely still have your wallet and a small sum of cash. I will allow up to $500 in cash. With a d20, I might allow up to 10k in credit limit on cards. (Obviously credit cards are traceable. You cannot have more without the benefit wealth.) When it came to the $20 though, I figured it was small enough to not matter.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I didn't remember anyone not coming from jail.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Everyone came from jail except Poltergeist. If you re-read the initial post on the old forum, you can see that that was covered in the first paragraph. On a separate note, anyone have an idea when Loneclaw will be back? I want to add a minor complication, but as it targets her character I want her to be present. (It isn't necessary, just cool.)

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention that everyone gets their choice of 1pp or 1 hp for the last encounter.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I was just about to add a new power, but then I realized I'd need two PP not one. It would've been exceptionally useful right here, but, another time. I'll preview it now regardless.
[*]..(Dyn) Haunting: Perception Area Illusion 7 (Visual, Auditory, Tactile), Selective, Independent, Resistible, Limited: Ghosts - Linked with Enhanced Skills 6(Intimidation 12) (5/R)
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Neat ability. Really adds to your character's theme. I should point out that you had the choice of either a HP or pp. Your posts seemed to suggest you have 2 HP and therefore chose the HP over the pp. Which is it?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Oh, I thought it was both. I misread that then, apologies. A banked PP then in that case.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

How many ranks of Remote Sensing am I using to observe?
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:38 am How many ranks of Remote Sensing am I using to observe?
Right now, 5. This gives you half your other ranks (rounded down)

Edit: if you use extra effort, you can get a bump to your other abilities.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Your correct on that. I also believe I can increase it further with a move action... I'll make adjustments. One has to be certain on these things.

Edit: Made adjustments. Choo choo, all aboard the murder train. I also apologize, as I realize that Vincent is taking up a lot of the spotlight in this junction.
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Move object with perception is a weird beast. It obviously means you can move an object without making an attack check. This is also true of direct harm to a person. When using it to bludgeon or throw an object at someone seems to me like it should require an attack check. The attack check isn't for moving the rock after all, it is for aiming the rock at her head. So for right now, I am going to require an attack check on that move. You may argue against me at your leisure. (I made the check for you.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Understood, I'll remember that for future junctures then.

Happy I could help keep the plot on track, and Vincent feels fine just washing his hands of this little incident. After all, it's not as if he made the Hangman kill her. She should've known better then to tempt fate...

...Though, I feel bad about it ooc. Darn my moral compass, feeling for these fictional characters. I appreciate the HP, and it should come in good (bad?) use later. Fatigue shouldn't hinder him for the moment, especially if he has the time to rest later. A recovery action should also take care of it if the situation calls.
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

The pros of using the object to bludgeon her: It looks like it was thrown and so not related to enhanced individuals. Cons: You have to make an attack check. I used your dexterity and gave you a +2 circumstance bonus. Hard to dodge if you can't see it coming.

I'm not going to lie. I was seriously worried. I remembered that she was there. I briefly considered having her just leave, but then I thought about it and realized there was no reason she might not tell the police. Since I couldn't think of a good reason for her to not do it, I figured I would let you give her that reason. When that failed, I hoped (as bad as that sounds) you would kill her or maybe rough her up enough to change her mind.

If you hadn't succeeded, she would have given the police an accurate description of events, giving away the fact that they were dealing with enhanced villains. They would have called in heroes and well... You are not remotely ready for that.