Fox in the Hole (One Shot) OOC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) OOC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 »

Eh... I don't care. Your choice really. Not like it affect their use :)
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Paging Loneclaw. There are people who need killing.
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Eeep!
Sorry for holding you up! >w<
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Even in the end, when it wasn't possible to survive the attack, guard 1 managed to roll a nat 20 and almost survived. Sadly, he is a minion and is now down for the count. I was really tempted to make him the leader since the actual leader went out like a punk, but I resisted.

Also, I thought I would clarify what happened with the dealer. He didn't get and action and a movement. I figured I would let him try to move at the door in hopes he would hit the button. It is the sort of wiggle room I would give you if you ask. That said, I decided that the luck roll would go:

16-20: hits button, door opens
6-15: Misses
1-5: falls into the protective grasp of you guys.

Feel free to ask for this sort of leniency. I will give it... with the proper luck roll of course :twisted:
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Breach ignored the dealer because I assumed he isn't armed.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Sure... he isn't armed :twisted:
Camus

Post by Camus »

Ok, so for turning people into water what about this:
Charybdis´ Legacy ( Affliction 8 : Transformed. limited to 3rd degree (-2/r). Perception area (+2/r). Permanent (+1/r) Resisted by Will ) · 16 point/s
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I don't believe Permanent works here in that way. Continuous is probably the best you can get with an affliction.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Permanent is the same as continuous, functionally. The real problem is the missing Cumulative. Without Cumulative or Progressive, being Continuous doesn't do anything. Once per minute, healing happens. Only Cumulative or Progressive ensures that the healing never happens.

That's RAW. Handwaving is always legal too. :)
Camus

Post by Camus »

nowhereman2 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:44 am
Camus wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:06 pm Well, on the rules of transform subject, getting extra mass does not mean getting a stronger effect, as the save will still be pretty low if you dont buy ranks. Not that it wouldnt be abused, but still not a biiiig game breaking thing.
oh, and I ported Scylla to my first post in this thread
Objects don't get a save (as they have no will, fortitude, etc...). Also, transform cannot be used on people. The Hero's Manual is actually explicit on that. If you intend to use this power to liquify a person, you need to get an alt effect, affliction limited: third degree only, (transform into water). If this is your goal, at the end of the current encounter, I was planning on giving you guys either a HP or a PP (your choice).

Edit: (Note: in order to be useful, your affliction would need to be permanent. I would probably allow it, given that I could choose to have one or two characters be able to resist it after transformation. Can't have you turn the BBEG into a puddle now. That would be boring.)
Yes I thought so, but since our beloved GM said this...
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Camus wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:56 pm
nowhereman2 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:44 am
Camus wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:06 pm Well, on the rules of transform subject, getting extra mass does not mean getting a stronger effect, as the save will still be pretty low if you dont buy ranks. Not that it wouldnt be abused, but still not a biiiig game breaking thing.
oh, and I ported Scylla to my first post in this thread
Objects don't get a save (as they have no will, fortitude, etc...). Also, transform cannot be used on people. The Hero's Manual is actually explicit on that. If you intend to use this power to liquify a person, you need to get an alt effect, affliction limited: third degree only, (transform into water). If this is your goal, at the end of the current encounter, I was planning on giving you guys either a HP or a PP (your choice).

Edit: (Note: in order to be useful, your affliction would need to be permanent. I would probably allow it, given that I could choose to have one or two characters be able to resist it after transformation. Can't have you turn the BBEG into a puddle now. That would be boring.)
Yes I thought so, but since our beloved GM said this...
I am doing something wrong if I am beloved. Technically, RAW states that a third degree must be healed from once every minute with no check. The recovery section also makes no mention of a check. The progressive extra states that whenever the target fails a check, the condition worsens. In essence, RAW, there is no way to make this more permanent than it already is with the extras on hand. I could treat this exactly as is and the power would work by turning people into water for one minute until they 'get better'. If I follow RAW, this makes little sense. That said, rather than using permanent (which admittedly isn't meant for this purpose), we could use benefit. The benefit would read "A successfully transformed character gets to attempt to resist the effect at the end of their turn. On the third failure, the effect becomes permanent and the character dies."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

That's why I said handwaving is the easiest solution. The transform affliction is not bound in any way so why can't turn someone into an object that does not get 1 minute recoveries because they're objects. I do believe it is meant to be determined by GM whether a permanent transformation is allowable or not.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Cool
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Reminder: It is Scylla's Turn.