Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by jmucchiello »

Breach
HP:1 Condition: Normal

"Someone backup Katz," she says as she follows Scylla to the front door. As soon as the door disappears, Breach says, "Cute". And she rushes forward (120 ft/round) to the back room and start rapid punching the guard with the Uzi.

Multiattack Punch DC 21: 1d20+10 18
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Occultist | Vincent Katz
HP: 1
-~-

"Did I say to start you idiots?! Agh, damnit!"

He shoves his hand outward, bringing forth the Hangman who phases through the garage door where the four criminals were gathered. It's burlap sack rips open as the mouth distends drastically, and soon a soul piercing wail bursts forth.

Dynamic Array;
Remote Sensing 1 (Should be enough to get through to the garage)
Wraith's Wail: DC 16 (Will) (Vulnerable, Defenseless, Incapacitated) + DC 15 Weaken Stamina
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[OOC: Ok... A lot has happened since I last looked at this. Let's begin.]
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:34 pm The Occultist | Vincent Katz
-~-

Guiding his assigned partners out of the warehouse and in the den's location, he goes over the information he's already gathered. "...Four in the garage area, two thugs, the buyer, and the dealer. Two in the room at the hallways in, another thug and a buyer. I propose I hit the ones in he garage while the rest of you barge in through he front door, catch them off guard for those vital few seconds."

Investigation of the area, anything dangerous and risk worthy: 16
You begin to investigate the area. I would ask you to make a stealth check for your ghosts searching the area, except...
Camus wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:15 pm
"Hm, very well, we shall follow thy approach for now." The nereid agrees. Lazily lifting her right hand Scylla intones a short spell, on a language both deep and elegant but also dark and frightening.
The door, made of biological cellulose, melts into water under the spell of the atlanteans.
[OOC: Note to Scylla. I re-read your character sheet. With the pp you invested into Transform (Charibdis's Legacy), you can actually transform 50 lbs. (Technically you can't use extra mass with transform so the limit should actually be 25 lbs, but I will ignore that as I missed it the first time. But future reference, the way Transform is worded, the mass is dependent upon level.). This doesn't affect you right now as the door weighs less than 50 lbs., but for future reference.]

The words flow over your lips like water and the energy flows from your hand to the door. As you say the words, the door begins to drip, then pour, and then it falls to the ground in a flood. The morning light pours around you and fills the hallway, and two very surprised people.

[OOC: Begin Surprise round. Roll Initiative.]
jmucchiello wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:11 pm Breach
HP:1 Condition: Normal

"Someone backup Katz," she says as she follows Scylla to the front door. As soon as the door disappears, Breach says, "Cute". And she rushes forward (120 ft/round) to the back room and start rapid punching the guard with the Uzi.

Multiattack Punch DC 21: 1d20+10 18
[Attack 18 vs. Dodge 14: One Degree of Success; Resistance check 11 vs. 21: Three Degrees of Failure Roll: http://orokos.com/roll/731827]

You burst through the door as the door, now water, splashes at your feet. The guard, a woman in her early twenties, rises quickly from her seat on the couch. She tries to pull her uzi to eye level, but before she can do that you drive three blows into her head. She collapses to the ground with a thud. The buyer screams.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:17 pm The Occultist | Vincent Katz
-~-

"Did I say to start you idiots?! Agh, damnit!"

He shoves his hand outward, bringing forth the Hangman who phases through the garage door where the four criminals were gathered. It's burlap sack rips open as the mouth distends drastically, and soon a soul piercing wail bursts forth.

Dynamic Array;
Remote Sensing 1 (Should be enough to get through to the garage)
Wraith's Wail: DC 16 (Will) (Vulnerable, Defenseless, Incapacitated) + DC 15 Weaken Stamina
[Guard 1: 20 vs. 16 Success, 19 vs. 15 Success http://orokos.com/roll/731829]
[Guard 2: 5 vs. 16, Three Degrees of Failure http://orokos.com/roll/731830, 21 vs. 15 Success http://orokos.com/roll/731838]
[Drug Dealer: 13 vs. 16 One Degree of Failure http://orokos.com/roll/731840, 13 vs. 15 -1 Stamina, http://orokos.com/roll/731841]
[Buyer 1: 20 vs. 16 Success http://orokos.com/roll/731842, 16 vs. 15 Success http://orokos.com/roll/731843]

Shortly before your arrival.

"Look, I don't have the money. Is there something else I can pay with?"

The dealer doesn't look pleased. "You aren't my type, and I am done floating you drugs on credit. You still haven't paid me since the last..."

Splash. Thud.

"What the hell was that?" Suddenly a piercing scream fills their minds and souls. One guard shrieks with the sound and has to grab the wall to keep from falling over, dropping his shotgun in the process. The drug dealer feels as if the life in his body was being drained from him.

"Everyone, we are under attack. Get your shit together and lets !@#$ them up!"

[OOC: These guys were not ready for dealing with you guys at all. However, in the future, if you are going to make a surprise attack, make a stealth check too. Without the check, I will assume you automatically fail to surprise them and will roll initiative for you.]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Massari the Alien Hedonist
~~~
Camus wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:48 pm "Finally some action!" exclaims the nereid, her eyes glittering with delight. She promptly undresses from her prison outfit, her body blue like a deep pond. Her body, while provocative, was concealed with scales and verdant algae that wrapped around her waist and torso. "Ah much better." she says with relief, as she shakes, much like a sea lion out of the water, spraying salty sea water around.
The undressing of the nereid clearly draws the attention of the eyeless alien, who grins at her.
nowhereman2 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:37 am You burst through the door as the door, now water, splashes at your feet. The guard, a woman in her early twenties, rises quickly from her seat on the couch. She tries to pull her uzi to eye level, but before she can do that you drive three blows into her head. She collapses to the ground with a thud. The buyer screams.
Massari goes for the buyer, and says in a tone that way too calm considering what's going down, "Shhhh, be quiet now."

Her mouth then opens wide and she proceeds to chomp down on his head.

~~~
OOC;

Initiative roll: 1d20+2 12; I assume I get to act in the surprise round too?
Attack Roll: 1d20+8 28; it's a crit! DC 28 Damage! ^w^
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Breach

"Why are you attacking the buyer?" she says to Massari. "She's unarmed. Not a threat. I took out the goon with the machine gun."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Occultist | Vincent Katz
-~-

Vincent swears heavily when he spies the alien going for the person's head. "For the love of...! When I said to let the heroes mop up our mess, I didn't literally mean to leave a mess for them to actually mop up!"

Initiaitive: 16
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Loneclaw wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:23 pm Massari the Alien Hedonist
~~~
Camus wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:48 pm "Finally some action!" exclaims the nereid, her eyes glittering with delight. She promptly undresses from her prison outfit, her body blue like a deep pond. Her body, while provocative, was concealed with scales and verdant algae that wrapped around her waist and torso. "Ah much better." she says with relief, as she shakes, much like a sea lion out of the water, spraying salty sea water around.
The undressing of the nereid clearly draws the attention of the eyeless alien, who grins at her.

Massari goes for the buyer, and says in a tone that way too calm considering what's going down, "Shhhh, be quiet now."

Her mouth then opens wide and she proceeds to chomp down on his head.

~~~
OOC;

Initiative roll: 1d20+2 12; I assume I get to act in the surprise round too?
Attack Roll: 1d20+8 28; it's a crit! DC 28 Damage! ^w^
[OOC: Well that happened.]

[Buyer 2 Toughness check: 22 vs. 28, Two degrees of Failure http://orokos.com/roll/732022]

The buyer stares wordlessly at you for a moment... two moments. Then a muffled scream as you bite her face off. She fights for a moment and then passes out.

[OOC: If you want to kill her, you need to make a killing blow.]

Edit: [OOC: I need the rest of your initiative rolls before we can continue.]
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: Oops, Breach Initiative: 1d20+6 22)
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Massari the Alien Hedonist
~~~
jmucchiello wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:27 pm "Why are you attacking the buyer?" she says to Massari. "She's unarmed. Not a threat. I took out the goon with the machine gun."
After a loud and unsettling crunch, Massari's jaws lets go of the buyer and she looks at Breach.

"I'm sure she'll be fine." The Va'kar says dismissively as she looks down at what used to be an intact head.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"We're here for the money, not a snack," Breach says, looking around the room (And through the walls) for cash.
Investigation: 1d20+8 16
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[OOC: I need one more initiative roll from Scylla before we continue. I will give a few more hours, then I will roll for her.]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

[Unfortunately Camus should be asleep by this point, he lives a few timezones ahead I believe.]
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[OOC: Ok. I am done waiting. I am rolling for initiative for Scylla as well.

Initiative Scylla: 20 http://orokos.com/roll/732324
Initiative Dealer: 12 http://orokos.com/roll/732325
Initiative Guard 1: 12 http://orokos.com/roll/732326
Initiative Guard 2: 5 http://orokos.com/roll/732327
Initiative Buyer 1: 13 http://orokos.com/roll/732328

Current Initiative order (Top of the round)
  1. Breach: 22
  2. Scylla: 20
  3. Poltergeist: 16
  4. Buyer 1: 13
  5. Massari: 12
  6. Dealer: 12, Vulnerable, -1 Stamina
  7. Guard 1: 12
  8. Guard 2: 5, Incapacitated
  9. Guard 3: Unconscious
  10. Buyer 2: Dead
Before the round starts:
Random Roll: 18
Breach has the first move:
jmucchiello wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:19 pm "We're here for the money, not a snack," Breach says, looking around the room (And through the walls) for cash.
Investigation: 1d20+8 16
Your eyes begin to penetrate the walls. You can see the four people in the garage who are currently in the process of getting ready for an assault. You also see your not-so-reluctant leader pushing his hands out. The scream you heard was chilling, but you imagine the guards and dealers had much worse. As you focus on your task at hand you notice first, several stacks of cash with the dealers. Your x-ray vision gives you the outlines clearly. While you cannot tell exact denominations, you get a much better sense of the value of that cash. The value probably lies between 30 and 40k in cash. You know this because, while some of the money may be ones, the thickness of the bills indicates that they are likely large denominations.

You start to look through the walls and ceiling. You see small clips of bills stuffed in random locations. One in a bedroom, two on the dining-room table, a stack in the living room near several weapons. You also notice that the second buyer that your compatriot is currently munching on had a small wad of cash. It is crinkled in a ball, so it isn't entirely clear what its value is. (It also contains a disturbing amount of brain matter.) There are likely several bills just lying around (you can see as much from where you are). However, your x-ray vision cannot see individual bills due to their thickness. A more through search is required.

[OOC: Are you going to move before the turn goes to Scylla?]
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

[OOC: If there aren't any large amounts of cash in this room, or in an unoccupied room, Breach will move toward the garage to lend support once Vincent does something. Before she leaves...]

"Seriously, she's a junky, she can't taste good. There are people with guns still in the garage."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

The largest sum of cash is in the garage. The second largest is in the living room. That room is uninhabited.